Innocence of Muslims - Page 15 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #141 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
eddiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 2,228
eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000eddiefan 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Exactly. And expecting Western societies to fake respect towards Islam and curb our own free speech to satisfy the demands of a few cry baby extremist Muslims is unreasonable. Myself, I make it a point not to attack the general Muslim population. I attack Islam and the fundamentalists. I find it a barbaric, hateful religion just like Christianity. If me criticizing Islam is considered "insensitive" than tough shit. I know not every part of the world doesn't have free speech. In many Muslim countries, blasphemy is a crime. In fact, look at this.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to-...922-26dlu.html

While I'm doubtful this will ever pass, it's scary to think that criticism of any religion, even well meaning and thoughtful criticism, could be outlawed because some extreme Theists don't want their feelings hurt. Human rights are about humans. I hear shit from Theists and people on the other side of the political aisle that I don't like and I don't throw a tantrum and demand their criticisms be outlawed. Free speech trumps religious sensitivities. I'm not talking about speech that targets Muslims for violence. No, that is hate speech. But criticizing Islam and mocking their prophet isn't "hate" speech although one can hate Islam.

I love Muslims but hate Islam and what it can do to otherwise peaceful people. Get over it.
I am just talking based on the video that caused all the recent violence and no one can call that a well meaning and thoughtful criticism. That is my biggest gripe in this whole situation.

And again, we have vastly different cultures and I don't see how anyone can just expect them to adhere to ours. That just comes off as arrogant to me. I think our ways are right but how can we just expect an entire population to look at things our way. There was no reason for an idiot to rock the boat is my point.

And hating Islam helps nothing. It is going to be around no matter how much the majority of Americans want it gone. There are Muslims who live peacefully with their religion and understand how to interact with all cultures. And if their religion gives them some sort of peace in life than it is all good. I hate the people who twist words in religious books and use them for their own means. I hate the corrupt governments who keep fucking people over in these Muslim countries which causes them to lash out over any supposed insult. I hate our government which maintain this ridiculous notion of how we have the best interests of people in these countries in our heart but just keep putting them in terrible situations over and over again. Those are the things which people really should hate.
__________________
eddiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #142 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,199
Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
In many Muslim countries, blasphemy is a crime. In fact, look at this.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to-...922-26dlu.html

While I'm doubtful this will ever pass, it's scary to think that criticism of any religion, even well meaning and thoughtful criticism, could be outlawed because some extreme Theists don't want their feelings hurt.
How is this any different than someone who denies the Holocaust, which is a crime punishable in many places throughout the world?
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #143 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
ROH Fan #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,883
ROH Fan #1 251 - 500ROH Fan #1 251 - 500ROH Fan #1 251 - 500
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Yeh people get sand in their vagina waaaayyyy too quickly. Jews when you say the Holocaust was exagarated (which indeed is punishable in many a country) Muslims when you draw a pig and call him Mohammed.

These people need to grow a set of balls and not act like little bitches. Plain and simple. Stupid people who feel the need to push their twisted demented view of the world onto other peacefull people. They all deserve to die, see what I did there.
__________________
CHIKARA, We Are Wrestling.

Eddie FUCKING Kingston: The last of a dying FUCKING breed, in this great FUCKING Sport.
ROH Fan #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #144 (permalink)
777
Death Rollin'
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,127
777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000777 7501 - 8000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Moderate Muslims never seem to denounce this type of extremism. Why is that?
__________________

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #145 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Moderate Muslims never seem to denounce this type of extremism. Why is that?
They probably do but no one gives them mainstream attention. There was a reality show that tried to depict Muslim families in a positive light but ignorant people started protesting and the ratings didn't do too well.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #146 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
charmed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,992
charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Moderate Muslims never seem to denounce this type of extremism. Why is that?
Speaking as someone who knows many Muslims and is dating one thats utterly untrue. Most Muslims far and large will vehemently denounce the extremism more so than the average westerner. That extremism has affected there lives a hell of a lot more than you and has caused a lot of pain in there culture and misunderstanding.

BS like the innocence of muslims wasnt well meaning or well done its spiteful hate and if someone cant have the common decency to have the ability to respect anothers race or religion GTFO.

The only thing truly intolerable is hate.
__________________
I Am the Master
charmed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #147 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 253
moon25 is being a bitch
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-94 View Post
I respectively disagree. I do know some people that have researched on Islam but have come to the conclusion that it isn't god's religion. There are also those who leave Islam after so many years as Muslims. Of course, we don't know if they were strong Muslims but it just shows that Muslims can't all be grounded to their faith.
"There's no compulsion in religion" means that Muslims have no right to force non-believers to be muslim, because they're human just like them, they can't judge them, but the god has all the rights to judge them and punish them and put them to hell, because he is the one who created them and gave them everything they need to live, so they have to believe in him.
So muslims have every right to preach you, and lead you to the right way, and tell you to follow the right way and avoid the wrong way and tell you that if you don't believe in god you'll go to hell, and the god will punish you, but it's not them who punish you and put you to hell if you didn't believe in god, and they don't have the right to do so, but the god can do anything he wants to you.
I don't see where's the conclusion here.
I hope that I made myself clear.
moon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #148 (permalink)
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,206
Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000Shazayum 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
They probably do but no one gives them mainstream attention. There was a reality show that tried to depict Muslim families in a positive light but ignorant people started protesting and the ratings didn't do too well.
This. There are plenty of Muslims, even in countries that "hate" america, that denounce violence, the media just chooses to focus on negative shit.
Shazayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #149 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 836
fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefan View Post
Agree with charmed1. That video was made to offend and the makers need to know that they are partly responsible for all the violence.


No 100% of the blame falls on those acting violently. When you make statements like this you are to a small extent justifying their actions. They are in no form justified at all; it's an excessive overreaction to a minimal thing.

No matter how deep your beliefs are; to act violent because one insults them is not justified at all.
__________________
Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #150 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,311
Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000Anark 19501 - 20000
Default Re: Innocence of Muslims

Muslims are innocent until proven Muslim.
__________________
Anark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios