What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers? - Page 11 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #101 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
HardKoR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,178
HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Micro-evolution is a made up word used by creationists to pretend they are still right.

It's like me claiming that a chihuahua isn't a dog cause it's too small, no matter how much I hate the breed or say how it shouldn't be a pet, the sad fucking truth is it is still a dog at the end of the day.

So at the end of the day micro-evolution is still evolution.
__________________

HBK OWNS ALL
HardKoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #102 (permalink)
Backyard Wrestling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 399
Poltergeist 0 - 49
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKoR View Post
Micro-evolution is a made up word used by creationists to pretend they are still right.

It's like me claiming that a chihuahua isn't a dog cause it's too small, no matter how much I hate the breed or say how it shouldn't be a pet, the sad fucking truth is it is still a dog at the end of the day.

So at the end of the day micro-evolution is still evolution.
Wrong. There's even a secular wikipedia article on it, lol.

Anything within the realm of science is something we can test, repeat, and observe (demonstrate). If we can't do this, it's no longer science but religion. You're relying on the unseen (billions of years ago).

Micro-evolution is simply speciation/variation within the same biological Family.

Macro-evolution is theorizing that these tiny changes within a biological Family will eventually lead to that Family changing into a different Family of animals.

That's why Evolution is called a Theory.
Poltergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #103 (permalink)
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..
 
Femto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Little Planet
Posts: 15,249
Femto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whore
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

I don't think you know what a theory is.
__________________


Neuer | Lahm | Boateng | Hummels | Schweinsteiger | Kroos | Müller | Özil | Klose | Schürrle | Götze

And a cast of many more..
Femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #104 (permalink)
Backyard Wrestling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 399
Poltergeist 0 - 49
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenheim of Light View Post
I don't think you know what a theory is.
I'm too tired to give you a full definition of it but I will say this: Theories are theories because they haven't been proven nor been demonstrated using the scientific method. That is why evolution is not a fact, but a theory.
Poltergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #105 (permalink)
Wog Piece of Shit
 
Jumpluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,126
Jumpluff 251 - 500Jumpluff 251 - 500Jumpluff 251 - 500Jumpluff 251 - 500
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
I'm too tired to give you a full definition of it but I will say this: Theories are theories because they haven't been proven nor been demonstrated using the scientific method. That is why evolution is not a fact, but a theory.
No, you clearly don't understand what a theory is. You are describing a hypothesis not a theory. Evolution is a theory yes, a scientific theory does not get branded a theory until the scientific method has been used and they are proven through observation/experiments/research etc.

You are thinking of the colloquial term "theory" in everyday life people use the word theory to say "I have a theory (idea)" It's not the same as a scientific theory. This is one of the biggest problems arguing evolution with creationists.
__________________

Last edited by Jumpluff : 04-10-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Jumpluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #106 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
HardKoR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,178
HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500HardKoR 1001 - 1500
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Grabbed from dictionary.com

Theory, hypothesis are used in non-technical contexts to mean an untested idea or opinion. A theory in technical use is a more or less verified or established explanation accounting for known facts or phenomena: the theory of relativity. A hypothesis is a conjecture put forth as a possible explanation of phenomena or relations, which serves as a basis of argument or experimentation to reach the truth: This idea is only a hypothesis.

The bolded actually defines scientific theory, while the next sentence is what uneducated think a theory is. There is a big difference between the two. The scientific method exists for a reason, basically to stop people from just making shit up. Some mook didn't just say "Hey, evolution is the answer and that's that!" Its a long process. That's why people disregard the bible, cause it's actually a book written by a mook(s) that says "Hey, creationism is the answer and that's that!"
__________________

HBK OWNS ALL
HardKoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #107 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 838
fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Anyway, I think it's sad you fail to realize the fact there is ZERO evidence for Macro-Evolution (not to be confused with Micro-Evolution). The only so called "evidence" for it has been debunked and remains in school textbooks still presented to kids as blatant lies.
I think it's sad that you don't understand evolution to the degree that you need to use terms like Macro-evolution. It's a genuine give away when you use that phrase that you have no idea what you're talking about and that's the big problem with people like yourself. You constantly make claims that are factually incorrect but you wont budge on that stance due to your own arrogance. I've shown outside of evolution that why what you say is bullshit now unless you want to go back and address that then kindly stop spouting such crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
No changes have ever been observed above the taxonomic rank of "Family".

You can try to ignore all the evidence you want, but you can't ignore it when you walk outside at night and see the glory of God.
I'll leave ignoring evidence to you; you seem more use to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
You are without excuse when you stand before your creator.
Good cause I want to hear his if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
P.S. Believing we share a common ancestor with every living thing is a religious belief. It takes faith to believe that.
The same way it takes faith to believe adding 1 and 1 creates 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Macro-Evolution vs. Creation is Religion vs. Religion, not Science vs. Religion.
No you just lump everything you disagree with into a stance akin to your own. You dont get to group yourself with evolution; you're with bigfoot.
__________________
Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 838
fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000fergieska 501 - 1000
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Wrong. There's even a secular wikipedia article on it, lol.
What you described comes under the misuse section of the wikipedia article. Do we need to define misuse for you?
__________________
Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #109 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
henrymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 607
henrymark 251 - 500henrymark 251 - 500henrymark 251 - 500henrymark 251 - 500
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Abortion shouldn't be used as a means of birth control just because some liberal idiots want consequence free sex.
__________________
henrymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #110 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymark View Post
Abortion shouldn't be used as a means of birth control just because some liberal idiots want consequence free sex.
Would you rather have some bad ass kids running around instead? I'm against people using abortions exclusively as a form of birth control when there are multiple forms of birth control out there. However, if it's a last resort then I don't have a problem with it. Either way, it's not my business so I don't really care.

This issue will be nonexistent once they make birth control for men which may happen in the next 10 years.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios