Workout/Staying in Shape Thread - Page 97 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #961 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Jack3d is alright. Presurge Unleashed by Athletic Edge Nutrition is 10x better to me. And I hate pimpin' products.
El Conquistador is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
"Ingrato De Chicago"
 
Outkazt2k9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Flex View Post
Jack3d is alright. Presurge Unleashed by Athletic Edge Nutrition is 10x better to me. And I hate pimpin' products.
I will look into that one too. Read great reviews. Couple of dollars more than Jack3d.

DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO SON?



Outkazt2k9 is offline  
post #963 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
jogging 5 miles 6 days a week

i lift weights 4 times a week i squat dead lift bench press everything you can think of i eat 6 times a day boiled or grilled chicken and i keep my carbs to about 30 grams a day and drink 3 protein shakes a day/

i jog 5 to 7 miles 6 times a week i notice i have lost some fat i started jogging this much on monday i use to jog just 3 miles a day so if i contuine this diet and routine for anthor month will i be ripped i mean its not like im boney i do work out im alittle toned but not to cut
bige201 is offline  
post #964 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
The Nature Boy
 
Rajah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 29,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: jogging 5 miles 6 days a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige201 View Post
i lift weights 4 times a week i squat dead lift bench press everything you can think of i eat 6 times a day boiled or grilled chicken and i keep my carbs to about 30 grams a day and drink 3 protein shakes a day/

i jog 5 to 7 miles 6 times a week i notice i have lost some fat i started jogging this much on monday i use to jog just 3 miles a day so if i contuine this diet and routine for anthor month will i be ripped i mean its not like im boney i do work out im alittle toned but not to cut
Workout thread, ya? No need for a new topic.

You give us no info to go on - weight, age, height, actual routine, body composition, actual goal etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Flex View Post
Jack3d is alright. Presurge Unleashed by Athletic Edge Nutrition is 10x better to me. And I hate pimpin' products.
How dare you bag Jack3d! Honestly, I don't get the pump everyone raves on about from any pre-workout drink. It's more the arginine that everyone is after. These days it gets mixed with everything else - creatine, citrulline, caffeine etc. I get a decent pump without a pre-workout supp, that's how I know I've had a decent workout.
Rajah is offline  
post #965 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Cao Cao's General of the Right
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Okay, I've been out of the loop for quite awhile. Used to go to the gym regularly last year. I'm 5'6, I was 165 in June of 2009. Toned and somewhat muscular. I kind of forgot my routine but I know I would run for 2 - 3 miles every two days and I usually did four reps of five of every workout I did when I last did. Benched 130 pounds, 65 pounds on each side. Nowadays, I'm a far cry from last year. I ate too much shit being in a depressive state for much of the latter half of 2009 and for the beginning months of 2010. I no longer have a gym membership, but is there anyway I can build myself up using nature? Not just running, but I also want to build up as well. I only have one dumbbell (25 pounds) and I have basically no money. I'm still 5'6 and I'm now 159 pounds. Lost some muscle and in turn now I have some fat. Looking to lose that. Problem is, I lose my breath faster than I used to. In that one year, I undid two years of progress. Any help would be much appreciated. I also have Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein, which works well after workouts.
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #966 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

i am 6 1 180 23 years old goal is to get ripped and i did post my routine
bige201 is offline  
post #967 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Straight From Hell
 
bruteshot74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Goal is to get ripped

If you are serious about body building/getting in and staying in shape then you should have a better goal. Just saying I want to GET HUGE is a horrible way to look at things. Say you want to gain 15 pounds of muscle by a certain date or increase your bench press by 100 pounds by the end of the year or whatever.
bruteshot74 is offline  
post #968 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: jogging 5 miles 6 days a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige201 View Post
i lift weights 4 times a week i squat dead lift bench press everything you can think of i eat 6 times a day boiled or grilled chicken and i keep my carbs to about 30 grams a day and drink 3 protein shakes a day/

i jog 5 to 7 miles 6 times a week i notice i have lost some fat i started jogging this much on monday i use to jog just 3 miles a day so if i contuine this diet and routine for anthor month will i be ripped i mean its not like im boney i do work out im alittle toned but not to cut
Are you f*cking kidding me? Your goal is to do what with that diet? Become an Abercrombie and Fitch phaggot model?

No, you wont be ripped or cut or jacked or HYUGE, brah! You'll resemble an anorexic, insecure little girl struggling to eat!

30 G CHO a day? Wow! Lower scale would be 1 G CHO per lb of BW. When I cut down for my first competition soon I'll be around 150 G of CHO a week before show time which is not considered healthy in itself. Now imagine eating 120 grams less than that and can you imagine how depleted you would be?

Believe it or not, your body is just as dependent on carbs and fat as it is on protein when it comes to muscle building. All that protein is doing is being stored/used as energy because you eat nothing but protein shakes.

Consider revising your diet and also don't run so much if you want to put muscle on. Constant running (especially long distance) makes you fight an uphill battle when it comes to adding leg mass.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah
How dare you bag Jack3d! Honestly, I don't get the pump everyone raves on about from any pre-workout drink. It's more the arginine that everyone is after. These days it gets mixed with everything else - creatine, citrulline, caffeine etc. I get a decent pump without a pre-workout supp, that's how I know I've had a decent workout.
Oh, don't get me wrong - jack3d is solid. I echoe that sentiment on pre-workout products. Honest to God, I never get a pump from anything other than an l-carnitine product. The only thing I can say I love about pre-workout supplements are the edge in focus I get.

You're totally right. Pre-workout products are way too over-hyped. One wouldn't be missing out on much by not using one.

Last edited by El Conquistador; 04-30-2010 at 01:30 AM.
El Conquistador is online now  
post #969 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Turn Out The Lights
 
XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: It's a ruse
Posts: 18,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Flex View Post
Believe it or not, your body is just as dependent on carbs and fat as it is on protein when it comes to muscle building. All that protein is doing is being stored/used as energy because you eat nothing but protein shakes.

Consider revising your diet and also don't run so much if you want to put muscle on. Constant running (especially long distance) makes you fight an uphill battle when it comes to adding leg mass.
pretty much.

excess protein turns to fat which in turn would get used a little by your body but not much as you need carbohydrates in order to help burn fat. Eating a tiny amount of carbs just leaves you glycogen depleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteshot74 View Post
Goal is to get ripped

If you are serious about body building/getting in and staying in shape then you should have a better goal. Just saying I want to GET HUGE is a horrible way to look at things. Say you want to gain 15 pounds of muscle by a certain date or increase your bench press by 100 pounds by the end of the year or whatever.
one of my lecturers is always banging on about SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, relevant, time) goals. Pain to hear a lot but its pretty true. Far easier to work towards a figure than a broad term of "ripped"


XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE is offline  
post #970 of 4918 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

yes your right but i do eat atleast 6 meals a day butmaybe i need alittle more carbs i think i will up it to about 150 grams a day
bige201 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome