Workout/Staying in Shape Thread - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
itsmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill View Post
I'm 15 years old, 5'7 135 lbs and it pretty decent shape I would say. All I do to workout is bench 125lbs 3 reps of 10, 150 situps, 100 pushups, run 1 1/2 - 2 miles, and do suicides for about 10-15 minutes. I do all of this each time I workout which is 3x a week.

I don't drink any protein shakes or have any protein bars, should I look into getting these?
eat anything and everything, you are 135lbs lol


try and get around 4500 calories a day
itsmadness is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Went to Wrestlemania!!!!!
 
hot_rod_piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill View Post
Is there a certain brand I should look to buy?
I use the non-expensive effective stuff with not a whole lot of added junk in it.

I buy mine from Smiths, but they have the brand at Target and a lot of those types of stores.

For a tub, it's like $15-20.

Body Fortress Super Whey Protein is what it's called.

I gained 65 lbs in a year using it.

But if money isn't an issue, about anything from your local GNC/Vitaworld will be fine.

Some of the other guys here will be able to help you out more with the more expensive stuff.

EDIT- also since your 135 lbs, eat anything and everything. But when I say that, don't load up on the junk food. Try to eat healthy as much as possible. But don't kick your self if you eat junk food. Your still young.

If your skinny and not obese, I don't see a problem with eating junk food. Just be sure to eat healthy as well.


Last edited by hot_rod_piper; 02-21-2009 at 02:36 AM.
hot_rod_piper is offline  
post #83 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:37 AM
King in the North
 
Nicky Flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmadness View Post
eat anything and everything, you are 135lbs lol


try and get around 4500 calories a day
I probably get about 3000 calories a day but I'm very active so I burn it off. I play football everyday after school for an hour or two, and I walk home each day which is about 1 mile. I really need to put on muscle weight.

And I need to keep my six pack in shape for the ladies.



Nicky Flash is offline  
post #84 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Went to Wrestlemania!!!!!
 
hot_rod_piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill View Post
I probably get about 3000 calories a day but I'm very active so I burn it off. I play football everyday after school for an hour or two, and I walk home each day which is about 1 mile. I really need to put on muscle weight.

And I need to keep my six pack in shape for the ladies.
Is there a strength/conditioning class at your school?

hot_rod_piper is offline  
post #85 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 02:58 AM
King in the North
 
Nicky Flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod_piper View Post
Is there a strength/conditioning class at your school?
Not that I'm aware of.



Nicky Flash is offline  
post #86 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod_piper View Post
I use the non-expensive effective stuff with not a whole lot of added junk in it.

I buy mine from Smiths, but they have the brand at Target and a lot of those types of stores.

For a tub, it's like $15-20.

Body Fortress Super Whey Protein is what it's called.

I gained 65 lbs in a year using it.

But if money isn't an issue, about anything from your local GNC/Vitaworld will be fine.

Some of the other guys here will be able to help you out more with the more expensive stuff.

EDIT- also since your 135 lbs, eat anything and everything. But when I say that, don't load up on the junk food. Try to eat healthy as much as possible. But don't kick your self if you eat junk food. Your still young.

If your skinny and not obese, I don't see a problem with eating junk food. Just be sure to eat healthy as well.
65lbs in a year with just protein? A bit unbelievable, unless you were REALLY skinny before you started.
brian8448 is offline  
post #87 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Broski of the Week
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Hot Rod, how much did you weigh before you put the 65lbs on, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Icon™; 02-21-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Icon™ is offline  
post #88 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Straight From Hell
 
bruteshot74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian8448 View Post
65lbs in a year with just protein? A bit unbelievable, unless you were REALLY skinny before you started.
Yah no doubt, putting down just protein and working out is not going to make you gain 65 pounds in a year. You were not taking creatine or any other supplements?
bruteshot74 is offline  
post #89 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteshot74 View Post
Yah no doubt, putting down just protein and working out is not going to make you gain 65 pounds in a year. You were not taking creatine or any other supplements?
Unless he was also doing a lot of drinking and got a beer gut or was just unhealthily skinny before he started, that pretty much can't happen. Otherwise, those are D-Bol type stats.
brian8448 is offline  
post #90 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Went to Wrestlemania!!!!!
 
hot_rod_piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I was barely 110 lbs

hot_rod_piper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome