Workout/Staying in Shape Thread - Page 56 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #551 (permalink)
The Nature Boy
 
Rajah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 29,180
Rajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on repRajah whored out on rep
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101 View Post
Rajah, you are mistaken. I'm sorry but Running is The single most efficient excercise in fat burning. Going fullout for the first fifteen followed by a jog and then a cool-down walking session is more effective.


I know some of you might not believe it knowing the long reviews I write-out on here but I am such a gym junkie.

Five days a week, 2-3 hours a day. Some say it's too long but fuck that, I make sure my muscles get the nutrients and lost fluid they need inbetween with breaks.

I just bought No-XPLODE for more energy and it's fucking incredible. No wonder it's so popular.

I love it.

The gym is my life...and oh yeah, I kind of enjoy Wrestling as well.




By the way, Invincible, RUNNING "IS" The best cardio to do in losing fat. It's been proven, so you were right.

I do that every day for 30 mins, run almost 5 K as I am going full out for at least 22 of those 30 minutes, at a pace not many could do and it took me two long years to get in shape to do this regularly.
*Lol, not mistaken. It's a proven fact. Bodybuilder's don't run.

*2-3 hours in the gym? Are you kidding me? Way too long, again that's a fact. You've obviously doing something totally wrong.

*Ask any reputable supplement seller and they'll tell you No-Xplode is crap, which it is. It's popular as it's marketed well. It's the same as any MuscleTech product. Well marketed but recommended by no-one with knowledge.

Stick to DVD reviews.
Rajah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #552 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Austin101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 14,193
Austin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
*Lol, not mistaken. It's a proven fact. Bodybuilder's don't run.

*2-3 hours in the gym? Are you kidding me? Way too long, again that's a fact. You've obviously doing something totally wrong.

*Ask any reputable supplement seller and they'll tell you No-Xplode is crap, which it is. It's popular as it's marketed well. It's the same as any MuscleTech product. Well marketed but recommended by no-one with knowledge.

Stick to DVD reviews.


1) 2-3 hours in the Gym. I'll elaborate. I spend half an hour doing stretches reccomended by my physio-therapist which are vital for me, and inbetween my workout I give my muscles granola, gatorade and the like to re-store my blood-sugar levels and make sure my muscle tissue isn't eating away at myself. (Which is what happens when you spend to long at the gym) and whatever else needed. Therefore I am not doing any damage to my body and I know exactly what I'm doing thanks. Plus I use the Hot Tub and Steam Room in that 2-3 hours, so I actually only work out hard for 90 minutes. Not a problem at all.


2) Yeah, you are mistaken. Cardio-Vascular conditioning is used by a ton of athletes in martial-arts and the like, running is the #1 excercise to do to keep in shape. There are different forms, the one you mentioned works, but some others choose to run at different intervals. Again, I know what I'm doing.


3) I have asked popular sellers, reviews are mixed but the numbers don't lie. It's scientifically proven to be the best thing out there. You clearly don't know anything about supplements and if so, try listing the best ones. This could be fun to hear.



And lastly...I'll stick to both thanks.

I am in amazing shape, I am not very tall but have a tremendous build so it definitely works.


I am not cocky or anything, it's just everything I'm doing has worked so you really have no argument at all, and are completely OUT OF LINE to say I don't know what I'm doing, quite frankly...


The #1 way to increase stamina is by running intervals at a medium pace to full pace and so on, NOT WALKING, and do this on an incline on the treadmill to build leg-strength as well.

I know some people will say that sub-maximal training is best for fat burning but this is based on a misinterpretation of scientific research.

Running is key, fuck it's common sense really.

You should really learn more about this if you want to give advice out.

I'd love to see what kind of shape you're in by the way, since ya know I am living proof that my method works.

Last edited by Austin101 : 05-19-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Austin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #553 (permalink)
Virgil at Conventions
 
BM84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 610
BM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friendsBM84 needs to make some friends
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

A101 is completely right about running. In fact, cardiovascular activity is more important than lifting weights. Period. Bodybuilders don't do it because they take drugs.
BM84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #554 (permalink)
Resident Old Man
 
austinrockera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,677
austinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a push
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Here's my .02 on everything.

First of all, best time to do cardio... AFTER workouts... proven fact by DOCTORS. BTW, I'm not talking about cardio that leaves you just a little tired, and gets your heart rate up near 100, I'm talking about breathing heavy, sweating profusely, heart rate double your resting rate cardio. The reason its best to do cardio after your workout is that cardio breaks down your body's glycogen stores (muscles source of energy), so think about those last 2 or 3 hard reps you get in the gym on those heavy sets. These are where you really tear down your muscle fibers... intense cardio before working out will take those 2 or 3 reps away from you because your glycogen stores will be less than they should be. Ideal times for cardio is after working out, or on different days. I personally believe that first thing in the morning lite cardio is also good for fat loss, because it revs up your metabolism, and helps burn fat. Don't overdo it, because if you are too intense in the morning with no food in your stomach, your body will turn to muscle to eat up for energy.

As far as the best type of cardio... nobody has even thought of it, but swimming has no comparison. There is a reason Michael Phelps has to eat 10,000 calories per day to maintain his weight, and no its not because he has the munchies. Stair climbing is probably next, don't believe me, get on a stair climber for about 10 minutes and see if your heart rate isn't about 160bpm. Running or walking... which is the best... doesn't matter, you should be doing both... HIIT... run for 1 min, walk for 1 min, repeat.

Now, to answer a statement said by Rajah... bodybuilders don't run for a simple reason... they are on steroids, and very high doses, most times. Steroids make your heart work overtime anyway. Combine that with running or any other intense cardio, and you are at risk of your heart enlarging (common cause of death with alot of wrestlers). That's why most bodybuilders will do multiple 30 minute walking cardio sessions when they are in their contest prep. And yes, this is FACT.

For Austin101 and Rajah, NO-Xplode is simply an energy drink with L-Arginine. The L-Arginine is a precursor of Nitric Oxide which is a vasodilator, meaning it makes blood rush through your body more. That's all that NOX is good for... caffeine and Arginine... all the other stuff it has is minimal at best. Don't get me wrong, I use it... it is a good kick before workouts, and gets me revved up, but I don't think its doing more than giving me energy. Austin, I hope you aren't talking about people like GNC when you say reputable sellers... I have made alot of those guys admit (even a store owner) that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Brute... gym is looking good.
austinrockera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #555 (permalink)
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,900
El Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101 View Post
Rajah, you are mistaken. I'm sorry but Running is The single most efficient excercise in fat burning. Going fullout for the first fifteen followed by a jog and then a cool-down walking session is more effective.


I know some of you might not believe it knowing the long reviews I write-out on here but I am such a gym junkie.

Five days a week, 2-3 hours a day. Some say it's too long but fuck that, I make sure my muscles get the nutrients and lost fluid they need inbetween with breaks.

I just bought No-XPLODE for more energy and it's fucking incredible. No wonder it's so popular.

I love it.

The gym is my life...and oh yeah, I kind of enjoy Wrestling as well.




By the way, Invincible, RUNNING "IS" The best cardio to do in losing fat. It's been proven, so you were right.

I do that every day for 30 mins, run almost 5 K as I am going full out for at least 22 of those 30 minutes, at a pace not many could do and it took me two long years to get in shape to do this regularly.
Cardio like that is going to blow a mix of carbs/fat/muscle, not strictly just fat. It's legitimately a 1/3 ratio for each. You actually will burn more fat walking at a steady pace on a steep incline. Go read an article on that. You're wrong about that one but nobody can go wrong with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101
1) 2-3 hours in the Gym. I'll elaborate. I spend half an hour doing stretches reccomended by my physio-therapist which are vital for me, and inbetween my workout I give my muscles granola, gatorade and the like to re-store my blood-sugar levels and make sure my muscle tissue isn't eating away at myself. (Which is what happens when you spend to long at the gym) and whatever else needed. Therefore I am not doing any damage to my body and I know exactly what I'm doing thanks. Plus I use the Hot Tub and Steam Room in that 2-3 hours, so I actually only work out hard for 90 minutes. Not a problem at all.


2) Yeah, you are mistaken. Cardio-Vascular conditioning is used by a ton of athletes in martial-arts and the like, running is the #1 excercise to do to keep in shape. There are different forms, the one you mentioned works, but some others choose to run at different intervals. Again, I know what I'm doing.


3) I have asked popular sellers, reviews are mixed but the numbers don't lie. It's scientifically proven to be the best thing out there. You clearly don't know anything about supplements and if so, try listing the best ones. This could be fun to hear.
I've tried NO Xplode, not a bad supplement at all. Really solid but not worth the money to me personally. After a couple of cycles, my body stopped responding to it. It's worth the investment, see how it works for you, broski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101
And lastly...I'll stick to both thanks.

I am in amazing shape, I am not very tall but have a tremendous build so it definitely works.


I am not cocky or anything, it's just everything I'm doing has worked so you really have no argument at all, and are completely OUT OF LINE to say I don't know what I'm doing, quite frankly...


The #1 way to increase stamina is by running intervals at a medium pace to full pace and so on, NOT WALKING, and do this on an incline on the treadmill to build leg-strength as well.

I know some people will say that sub-maximal training is best for fat burning but this is based on a misinterpretation of scientific research.

Running is key, fuck it's common sense really.

You should really learn more about this if you want to give advice out.

I'd love to see what kind of shape you're in by the way, since ya know I am living proof that my method works.
Sounds cocky to me. Vids/pictures for proof, seems a little sketchy.
__________________
El Conquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #556 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Austin101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 14,193
Austin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

It just amazed me how Rajah could say No XPLODE is shit when it is proven to work, almost every review of it is positive. It enhances your mental and physical state to work-out ten fold.

I mean I can't even begin to comprehend some of his logic.

He thinks WALKING is better then RUNNING...is he high?

You are right about running for a minute, then walking though, that works great, however it is best to say run for three minutes, walk for a minute, run for three, then walk for a minute and so on...just keep your heart rate up. This is best if you want to burn bodyfat of course...



FLEX-, That's why you take a few weeks off after 12 weeks, it says that on the bottle. I have other creatine supplements to take in the meantime. Then once you take it again your tolerance will be at the level it needs to be in order for it to work better.

As for me being cocky, well hell, I'm in the best shape of my life and it's because of the training I've done. Having someone tell me I don't know what I'm doing is beyond fucking retarded. I know what I'm doing...

Last edited by Austin101 : 05-19-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Austin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #557 (permalink)
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,900
El Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101 View Post
It just amazed me how Rajah could say No XPLODE is shit when it is proven to work, almost every review of it is positive. It enhances your mental and physical state to work-out ten fold.

I mean I can't even begin to comprehend some of his logic.

He thinks WALKING is better then RUNNING...is he high?

You are right about running for a minute, then walking though, that works great, however it is best to say run for three minutes, walk for a minute, run for three, then walk for a minute and so on...just keep your heart rate up. This is best if you want to burn bodyfat of course...
I understand. Both sides of cardio have its benefits.. I'm just playing devil's advocate for the sake of it.

If you're really trying to gain lean muscle/strength, you can't do cardio the way you suggest to do so unless you're a nooob to the game. Otherwise that method is awesome.
__________________
El Conquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #558 (permalink)
Straight From Hell
 
bruteshot74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,066
bruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inducteebruteshot74 is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I tried a sample of NO XPLODE and I did not respond to it personally. It is different for every person though, everybody has there own opinion on what is good and what is not. For the money, I could just drink a 710ml of Monster before and I would get more of a kick.
bruteshot74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #559 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Austin101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 14,193
Austin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF BallotAustin101 made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteshot74 View Post
I tried a sample of NO XPLODE and I did not respond to it personally. It is different for every person though, everybody has there own opinion on what is good and what is not. For the money, I could just drink a 710ml of Monster before and I would get more of a kick.


You're right that everybody is different.


Monster's or anything like that give me cramps and it doesen't have near the mental and physical uptake that No XPLODE has, but like you said, to each there own.
Austin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #560 (permalink)
Resident Old Man
 
austinrockera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,677
austinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a pushaustinrockera is getting a push
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin101 View Post
You're right that everybody is different.


Monster's or anything like that give me cramps and it doesen't have near the mental and physical uptake that No XPLODE has, but like you said, to each there own.
Really? I can't remember ever getting a cramp, at least not for the past 10 years for sure. It has to do with the amount of water you drink more than anything. I drink between 1 - 2 gallons per day every day. I also have taken up to 3 scoops of NOX (don't do that anymore) and I consistently drink 1 or 2 lo-carb monsters per day. Yea, probably too much caffeine I know, but I never get cramps. Caffeine is a diuretic, and will flush water out of your system, so that is a common cause of cramps. Austin, how much water do you drink per day? No flame, just curious.

Everyone is different.
austinrockera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios