Workout/Staying in Shape Thread - Page 391 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3901 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
PGSucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 4,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Today's my last workout for this week, but fuck, I saw so many dudes at my university gym this week that I wanted to roundhouse kick 6 style.

Anyone else ever see skinny guys (or just guys with really unimpressive physiques) in cut-off shirts and backwards baseball caps pose in the mirror for 5 minutes, curl with shitty form, and then hit abs? I swear that's 75% of my gym's population.



Spoiler for Currently Marking For:

:bryan6


2


2
PGSucks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3902 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 07:54 PM
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSucks View Post
Today's my last workout for this week, but fuck, I saw so many dudes at my university gym this week that I wanted to roundhouse kick 6 style.

Anyone else ever see skinny guys (or just guys with really unimpressive physiques) in cut-off shirts and backwards baseball caps pose in the mirror for 5 minutes, curl with shitty form, and then hit abs? I swear that's 75% of my gym's population.
duh.

average college guy workout:
1) Bench
2) water fountain
3) curl
4) crunch
5) water fountain
6) start to run on treadmill
7) leave

average college girl workout:
1) some stretching
2) some abs
3) some random tricep machine
4) some treadmill walking
5) leave


I live, literally, a 2 minute walk from my university gym. I never go there because they're are literally lines for the Bench press and [1, btw] squat rack. Some times on Saturday morning or Sundays it won't be too packed; not with dumb freshman who are too hung over to go lift.

These are the same people who have like 3 things of protein on top of their fridge and will swear they have to eat within 30 minutes after lifting or it won't count, yet never use that protein and eat at McDonald's instead. They're the guys who watch broScience on youtube and don't find it funny.

These are those fucks who come in packs of 5 guys, but only 1 lifts while the other 4 just watch and talk on their phones. The people who ask you why you write things down in a journal, or..."can I work in with you?" NO! Fuck off! I waited 15 minutes for the squat rack! Eat a dick!

HEY YOU! WATCH OUT! YOU'RE NOT BOUNCING THE BAR OFF YOUR STERNUM ENOUGH YOU DUMBASS!

Join the Greatest Group on WF: Cesaro World Order




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #3903 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I hate those douchebags that curl in the squat rack.
Even worse when they have a partner to help them. Ya know. Curl in the squat rack.
"We'll be done in like 20 minutes brah.."

Undertaker

KEEP
CALM

AND
REST
IN
PEACE
ManiacMichaelMyers is offline  
post #3904 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 11:29 PM
The Conqueror
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Hahaha. I love reading people bash those annoying ass teenage/college lifters who don't do SHIT. I'm trying to seriously train here, get the fuck outta the gym going from your 95 pound incline bench to a god damn swinging biceps curl getting 4 reps each arm with some 35s. But anyway...

Cesaro you asked about bench numbers and our body types. Here's mine:

1RM - 260 lbs (that was a GOOD ASS day)
3RM = 225 lbs

I'm 6'0" and 210 pounds at the moment. Benched 260 when I was around 205 lbs. Numbers don't really phase me though. I go for the bodybuilding style, just looking to build muscle and get bigger. All about range of motion, hypertrophy, hitting the muscle at all angles, etc. All that good shit.

My normal bench press routine is 185 for three sets of 8. Sometimes I hit it, some I'll do 8,8, and fail at 7. Depends on the day.

Jack Evans 187 is offline  
post #3905 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 AM
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Evans 187 View Post
Cesaro you asked about bench numbers and our body types. Here's mine:

1RM - 260 lbs (that was a GOOD ASS day)
3RM = 225 lbs

I'm 6'0" and 210 pounds at the moment. Benched 260 when I was around 205 lbs. Numbers don't really phase me though. I go for the bodybuilding style, just looking to build muscle and get bigger. All about range of motion, hypertrophy, hitting the muscle at all angles, etc. All that good shit.

My normal bench press routine is 185 for three sets of 8. Sometimes I hit it, some I'll do 8,8, and fail at 7. Depends on the day.
I'm stronger than somebody lol. I'm just messing man.


I bought some Mr. Hyde today. will try it tomorrow afternoon.

Join the Greatest Group on WF: Cesaro World Order




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #3906 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Winter is Coming
 
WestGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,557
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaro_ROCKS View Post
duh.

average college guy workout:
1) Bench
2) water fountain
3) curl
4) crunch
5) water fountain
6) start to run on treadmill
7) leave

average college girl workout:
1) some stretching
2) some abs
3) some random tricep machine
4) some treadmill walking
5) leave


I live, literally, a 2 minute walk from my university gym. I never go there because they're are literally lines for the Bench press and [1, btw] squat rack. Some times on Saturday morning or Sundays it won't be too packed; not with dumb freshman who are too hung over to go lift.

These are the same people who have like 3 things of protein on top of their fridge and will swear they have to eat within 30 minutes after lifting or it won't count, yet never use that protein and eat at McDonald's instead. They're the guys who watch broScience on youtube and don't find it funny.

These are those fucks who come in packs of 5 guys, but only 1 lifts while the other 4 just watch and talk on their phones. The people who ask you why you write things down in a journal, or..."can I work in with you?" NO! Fuck off! I waited 15 minutes for the squat rack! Eat a dick!

HEY YOU! WATCH OUT! YOU'RE NOT BOUNCING THE BAR OFF YOUR STERNUM ENOUGH YOU DUMBASS!

I find this insulting, even though none of it applies to me. I'm not even too sure why anyone brings a phone to the gym(although I regretted not bringing one today as we saw some random chickens knocking over trash cans and eating garbage).

I'm sure the people that aren't actually there to workout long term will be gone by November. The majority of the weak ones already left and the ones that don't come regularly usually stop in October or November. All the asians stop once midterms start.


That uni gym sounds like shit though. Although we have 8 squat racks and they're still always full.



Btw you're a dick if you don't let people do sets in between your sets(unless you're doing in endurance stuff and have small breaks anyways). There's nothing worse than douchebags that sit around on benches, machines, etc and just sit there...and sit...and sit. I've literally done whole sets while these people are still on their "break". Not saying you do that, but it really isn't too much trouble letting others do a set while you wait a minute or 2.

They called him the Lion of Lannister to his face...

...and whispered "Kingslayer" behind his back



The One True God CHANPviaDQ
WestGOD is offline  
post #3907 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
PGSucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 4,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

at the responses to my post. Well, I AM a freshman in college (and Asian ), but I've been lifting for about 3 and a half years, so I'd say I don't fit into that group

As for the benching discussion, I usually do 3x8 and the most I can go right now with 8 reps of good form is 205. Slowly improving

My body type is 5'10" and I was a bulky guy (with a fair bit of fat ) for the last two years of high school, but I've been cutting for the better part of the last 4 months and I really want to have a ripped look overall.



Spoiler for Currently Marking For:

:bryan6


2


2

Last edited by PGSucks; 10-20-2013 at 04:23 AM.
PGSucks is offline  
post #3908 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
MF83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot!"
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I bring my phone because of the stopwatch and Gym Hero apps, plus whatever else I might need it for. Ain't the type to text away though.

I'm five foot 8 and 195ish lbs.





MF83 is offline  
post #3909 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
PGSucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 4,412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I bring my phone to listen to music. Can't stand the guys who text away or even worse, take pictures of themselves at the fucking gym.



Spoiler for Currently Marking For:

:bryan6


2


2
PGSucks is offline  
post #3910 of 4933 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I've taken pics of myself at the gym, but I was in the lockerroom after my workout. Luckily I don't have to deal with any of the type of people. My main annoyance is the group of 4 or 5 that hogs one of the benches their entire time there doing nothing.


Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome