Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
i have a question
i do this program : Day 1: Heavy upper body
Day 2: Heavy legs
Day 3: Medium / light chest, shoulders and triceps
Day 4: Medium / light back, biceps and legs
Note: All reps should be performed alone without assistance from a partner.
Day 1, heavy torso. Have about 3-4 min break between each exercise and 2 min break if you are super for.
1) Bench press variation. 4 sets of 4-6 reps.
2) Pendleyrow, t-bar row or cable rowing. 4 sets of 6 reps
3) push press, shoulder press and seated shoulder presses all with a rod. 3 sets of 4-6 reps
4) pullups, chins or pulldowns. 4 sets of 4-6 reps
5) Narrow bench press or dips. 2 sets of 6 reps
Exercise 2 and 3, and 4 and 5 can be super by alternating between exercises until you have made all the sets. (Superset explained later)
Day 2 heavy bones. Have 3-4 min break between each exercise
1) Squats . 4 sets of 4-6 reps
2) Straight deadlift or good morning. 3 sets of 6 reps
3) Backward outcomes increments up or Bulgarian outcome. 3 sets per leg with 6 reps
4) Hip Trust. 3 sets of 6 reps
5) Optional abdominal exercise. Here are my favorites.
Day 3 medium / light chest, shoulders and triceps. 1-3 min rest between sets. (Use the longest pause multiple joints exercises and shorter break of isolation exercises)
- Incline bench press, bench press or shoulder press. Topsett (Top Set is explained later)
- Flat weight bench, weight bench sloping floor or manual pressure. 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbell flies 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Sideraise 4 sets 10-12 reps
- French Press or JM press 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Push Down drop set (drop sets is explained later)
Day 4 medium / light legs, back and biceps. 1-3 min rest between sets
- Deadlift. top set.
- Chins or Pull-down ceilings. 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bench Rowing or other rowing exercise with chest support. 4 sets 10-12 reps
- Face Pull or rear split flies. 3 sets. 12-15 reps
- Standing Barbel Biceps curl 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Biceps isolation exercise. drop set
- Hack squat or leg press widowmaker (1 sett 20 reps)
Is this program good to bulid muscle?
Last edited by MMAMAN; 08-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.