Workout/Staying in Shape Thread - Page 22 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Three times a day? That's insane, take it once, maybe twice if it's a workout day. It's my personal favorite weight gainer, but eat real food with it. I find it usually increases my appetite, so it shouldnt be hard.
brian8448 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Twitter n Grapes
 
Spiked.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian8448 View Post
Three times a day? That's insane, take it once, maybe twice if it's a workout day. It's my personal favorite weight gainer, but eat real food with it. I find it usually increases my appetite, so it shouldnt be hard.
What do you think of this

Drink it after the workout and either drink it in the morning or before I go to bed? Which should I do? I really can't drink it right before the workout because I workout during school.
Spiked. is offline  
post #213 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiked. View Post
What do you think of this

Drink it after the workout and either drink it in the morning or before I go to bed? Which should I do? I really can't drink it right before the workout because I workout during school.
Definetely post-workout, and the other one can be placed anywhere, before bed might be best though. Pre-workout would be great if you can manage it, would be good to get some pre-workout creatine in you.

I usually put 3 or 4 raw eggs in with my servings of cytogainer. It's 200+% of my daily cholesterol intake, but I dont seem to care.
brian8448 is offline  
post #214 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Twitter n Grapes
 
Spiked.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian8448 View Post
Definetely post-workout, and the other one can be placed anywhere, before bed might be best though. Pre-workout would be great if you can manage it, would be good to get some pre-workout creatine in you.

I usually put 3 or 4 raw eggs in with my servings of cytogainer. It's 200+% of my daily cholesterol intake, but I dont seem to care.
Alright right now I will do it before bed, but I will try to get it preworkout, but I don't want it to be warm and nasty.

I don't know if I'll do the egg thing, but that is an interesting idea for sure. Do you use OMEGA 3 eggs?
Spiked. is offline  
post #215 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Veni, vidi, vici
 
El Conquistador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Anyone an avid follower of the Arnold & Olympia? Who are your favorite bodybuilders at the moment and of all time?

I personally am and love following the Olympia particularly. Jay looked off last year, had more size than anyone else (like always) but didn't come in like he did in the previous two years (when he dethroned King Ronnie~! and held him as well as others off in 2007). Dexter is the man; felt he really deserved the victory.

All time favorites:
-Arnold
-Ronnie Coleman
-Dorian Yates

Current favorites:
-Kai Greene
-Layne Norton
-Phil Heath
-Jay Cutler
-Dexter Jackson


A$AP
El Conquistador is offline  
post #216 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiked. View Post
Alright right now I will do it before bed, but I will try to get it preworkout, but I don't want it to be warm and nasty.

I don't know if I'll do the egg thing, but that is an interesting idea for sure. Do you use OMEGA 3 eggs?
I do the egg thing because it's a high quality source of protein and REAL food to take with the shake before a workout, and mixes right in, because having drank raw eggs by themselves before I can safely tell you it's not something you want to do.

I don't really follow bodybuilding, but Arnold is a personal hero of a mine, and in all seriousness Greg Valentino has some very interesting thoughts on bodybuilding in general if you can get past his ridiculous look.
brian8448 is offline  
post #217 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Resident Old Man
 
austinrockera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

replying to a few posts on the last couple of pages, here goes:

1. Steroids DO NOT make your dick shrink. They can, however, make your testicles shrink. Don't argue with me if you can't give proof. The replacement of testosterone in your body will cause your body to stop producing the test hormone itself. Therefore, your balls will shrink because your body won't need them anymore. I know quite a few guys that have had this problem. They took too much test for too long, and didn't take their HCG (post cycle test booster) and they had little peanut balls (at least that's what they told me, I wasn't looking for myself).

2. Supplements are necessary to an extent, but food and actual weight lifting are 95% of the equation to looking good. Supplements are just the icing on the cake. That doesn't mean take the Mass Stack from BSN or all the colors from Controlled Labs, they won't do anymore than taking some select aminos, and creatine for about 1/10th of the price.

3. My inspirations for bodybuilding are: Past: Arnold, Zane and Franco... Present: Coleman (just watch his Cost of Redemption DVD), Cutler, Dex, and Heath (dude's a freak).

4. I workout 5 times a week right now, no more than 1hour not including cardio.
Chest
Back
Arms and Calves
Legs
Shoulders

5. As far as drinking most of your protein, that's not good for a couple of reasons. Whey can be hard on your stomach in high quantities. Drink 3 or 4 scoops of whey for a couple days, your farts will peel pain off of walls, and you will have the shits along with stomach aches. Most people I know have this problem with too much whey. Also, it takes more energy for your body to burn protein from chicken, turkey, meat than from drinking whey, casein, or soy, therefore, eating more chicken will help you lean out.
austinrockera is offline  
post #218 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM
@delecast
 
dele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeast Wisconsin
Posts: 4,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Truth View Post
Heres a Q how many hours do you guys work out for?
1 hour of high intensity lifting (less than 30 sec down time) and then 10-20 minutes in the sauna. Saunas are amazing for making you less sore the next day.


Jun Kasai > You
dele is offline  
post #219 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Rated R Superstar
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

I just got back from the gym about a half hour ago. While at the Gym I was doing squats with the big bar thing (sorry, I dont know the names of everything yet) and I had 90 pounds on each side with the bar, it was probably about 200 pounds. So I take it off the rest, I go down for the squat and try to push up and I just keep going down lol. I'm like O SHIT, lucky for me there was a bar that comes out so I just went down low enough so it was resting on that and I crawled out from under it lol.

Have you guys ever had a experiance where you couldnt do the weight and it almost/did come down on you?


Sig Credit: CHAMPviaDQ
Rockstar is offline  
post #220 of 4931 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
JBL's Assistant
 
New School Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated RKO View Post
I just got back from the gym about a half hour ago. While at the Gym I was doing squats with the big bar thing (sorry, I dont know the names of everything yet) and I had 90 pounds on each side with the bar, it was probably about 200 pounds. So I take it off the rest, I go down for the squat and try to push up and I just keep going down lol. I'm like O SHIT, lucky for me there was a bar that comes out so I just went down low enough so it was resting on that and I crawled out from under it lol.

Have you guys ever had a experiance where you couldnt do the weight and it almost/did come down on you?
I have a friend that had the same thing happen to him earlier this year. He is 6'3 and the spotting bar was down pretty far so he basically had to lay down on the ground to get out from underneath it haha.

But can't say that I have had an experience like that.
New School Fire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome