Hard Drive Help - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
zrc
Avoiding THE LIST!
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,512
Points: 26,382
                     
Hard Drive Help

Didn't know where to put this, so hope it's in the right section. My netbook died on me many moons ago, but the hard drive inside is fine. I've removed it and need to put the files on my new laptop. So my question is what sort of cables will I need to get? I'm not exactly confident when it comes to this sorta stuff.
zrc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:07 PM
The artist formerly known as MMMM....MD
 
Jamaican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pallet Town
Posts: 3,307
Points: 12,087
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Think it's the USB to SATA cable iirc
zrc and Mango13 like this.

http://i.imgur.com/klor3C5.gif

Stand on my own like Sicily, tryna turn green & white to red like Italy
Jamaican is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:13 PM
From parts unknown
 
Iconoclast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,547
Points: 46,816
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Can you post a pic of the hard drive?

Iconoclast is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
zrc
Avoiding THE LIST!
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,512
Points: 26,382
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Can you post a pic of the hard drive?
Real crap quality camera on this but there. It does say Sata on it though.
zrc is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:23 PM
E:16
 
draykorinee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,791
Points: 5,294
                     
Yes, USB to SATA, I have one and it's great. You could also buy a 2.5' caddy but occasionally you have issues with power.

Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...BoL&ref=plSrch
zrc likes this.
draykorinee is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM
From parts unknown
 
Iconoclast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,547
Points: 46,816
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

That looks like an older model so make sure you get the cable specifically for this model as I'm not sure if all cables would be compatible.

YOu need to make sure if it's a Sata I, II or III before you get a cable (though I'm not sure if it would matter - but it might). If you get a cable for SATA III it should be backwards compatible.

The other option you have is to get a SATA to External Drive case which comes with the appropriate cable and attachments, and you can get a protected external drive as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool-...rive+enclosure

Reminds me, I should probably get one for my old laptop HD too
Jamaican and zrc like this.

Last edited by Iconoclast; 06-18-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Iconoclast is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
zrc
Avoiding THE LIST!
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,512
Points: 26,382
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Thanks for the help guys. I'm fucking clueless when it comes to this. Will be good to get all the X-Men evolution & XMen anime episodes off it so I can finally burn them on dvd. And my old music collection.
zrc is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM
From parts unknown
 
Iconoclast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,547
Points: 46,816
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrc View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I'm fucking clueless when it comes to this. Will be good to get all the X-Men evolution & XMen anime episodes off it so I can finally burn them on dvd. And my old music collection.
You would have to be considering you're still burning DVD's
Iconoclast is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
zrc
Avoiding THE LIST!
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,512
Points: 26,382
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
You would have to be considering you're still burning DVD's
Haha. The files are there , I wanna use them lol. I can't go out and buy either show on region 2. So it's best I've got. Makes me and my xmen collection sad pandas!
Iconoclast likes this.
zrc is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
zrc
Avoiding THE LIST!
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,512
Points: 26,382
                     
Re: Hard Drive Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
Yes, USB to SATA, I have one and it's great. You could also buy a 2.5' caddy but occasionally you have issues with power.

Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...BoL&ref=plSrch
Thanks for the link. It worked perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
That looks like an older model so make sure you get the cable specifically for this model as I'm not sure if all cables would be compatible.

YOu need to make sure if it's a Sata I, II or III before you get a cable (though I'm not sure if it would matter - but it might). If you get a cable for SATA III it should be backwards compatible.

The other option you have is to get a SATA to External Drive case which comes with the appropriate cable and attachments, and you can get a protected external drive as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool-...rive+enclosure

Reminds me, I should probably get one for my old laptop HD too
The above link worked. Mine was a SATA 2 (3.0gb/s as it was originally called) and that cable was backwards compatible.
Iconoclast likes this.
zrc is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome