Obama plan: Ban assault weapons - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
Sorry. I don't understand why laws that were made hundreds of years ago stop you from changing things now. Please explain it to me.
Never said it did. Was just responding to this asinine train of thought of history having no relevance to the future.

Again, .
Glass Shatters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Yeh you're right. The relevance is that you should move on and improve from that and not stay stuck in the past.
Karma101 is offline  
post #93 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mithro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
Sorry. I don't understand why laws that were made hundreds of years ago stop you from changing things now. Please explain it to me.
It's more than a fucking law, it's the second goddamn amendment in The Bill of RIGHTS, it was made the second right for a reason, the only thing more important to this country is the first amendment, freedom of speech.

You might as well just burn The Constitution by taking away our firearms, because after that point it's a meaningless document.

Mithro is offline  
post #94 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithro View Post
It's more than a fucking law, it's the second goddamn amendment in The Bill of RIGHTS, it was made the second right for a reason, the only thing more important to this country is the first amendment, freedom of speech.

You might as well just burn The Constitution by taking away our firearms, because after that point it's a meaningless document.
I still don't see your point.
Karma101 is offline  
post #95 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
ROUSEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In My Liverpool Home
Posts: 5,920
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithro View Post
It's more than a fucking law, it's the second goddamn amendment in The Bill of RIGHTS, it was made the second right for a reason, the only thing more important to this country is the first amendment, freedom of speech.

You might as well just burn The Constitution by taking away our firearms, because after that point it's a meaningless document.
I can only assume you have a little penis, hence the need to have a gun to make you feel like a big man.

l Follow me @Mxrty1878 l



Farewell to lower Frederick Street, Ensign Terrace and Park Lane
For I think it will be a long, long time before I see you again
ROUSEY is offline  
post #96 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post

The statistic that you quoted was referring to total knife/sharp object offenses, which was not stabbing deaths as TehBrain clearly singled out and you quoted.


You are right, my apologies. The figure I quoted is indeed irrelvant to TehBrains comment since his was taking into account deaths only while mine was overall knife based crime.

However; this still does not make him right More relevant link, technically a PDF

Which states that homicide involving a knife of sharp object has dropped by 18%. The lowest since 1996.

So yeah; he's technically further from the truth than what I stated.

Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline  
post #97 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

How the fuck are we supposed to fight off the zombies now? Pistols? Fuck outta here.


Quote:
[12-26, 21:18] SPAZ
i can look at as much cock as i want on the internet



A$AP is offline  
post #98 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieska View Post
You are right, my apologies. The figure I quoted is indeed irrelvant to TehBrains comment since his was taking into account deaths only while mine was overall knife based crime.

However; this still does not make him right More relevant link, technically a PDF

Which states that homicide involving a knife of sharp object has dropped by 18%. The lowest since 1996.

So yeah; he's technically further from the truth than what I stated.
Indeed it does. Good you are getting the statistics straight now so maybe you two can have a debate about it.

But when you are four years removed from the highest number of knife homicides in 30 years since your government started keeping the tally and knife homicides rose 40% in the same decade, you really have nowhere to go but down.

Last edited by Glass Shatters; 01-16-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #99 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
 
Panzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Good idea. We had a ban on assault weapons but we let it expire like in 2005 was it?

A pistol and shotgun and rifle should be good enough to protect your family from intruders and hunt.

Panzer is offline  
post #100 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Realistically, what kind of shit are you getting yourself into that you need a fully automatic assault rifle to protect yourself? lol


Quote:
[12-26, 21:18] SPAZ
i can look at as much cock as i want on the internet



A$AP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome