Atheists - Page 19 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
These Drugs are the new Drugs yeah?
 
LADY SOVEREIGN LESBIAN XMAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hipster Mountain
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

From wikipedia that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawls View Post
Got a problem with my mate Joopz faggot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Really I thought average size was 8 1/2 inches? Thought I read something like that before? But Fuck.. this is awesome, before I was happy to just get over average, now I'm laughing . Always wondered why Jenna always compliments me, thought she was just humoring me before .
LADY SOVEREIGN LESBIAN XMAS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
a·the·ism
/ˈāTHēˌizəm/
Noun
The theory or belief that God does not exist. Credit Google. lol. This is hilarious. My point proven. You are wrong, all three of you.
You are now changing the meaning of the word 'belief'.

You could reasonably argue that anything anyone thinks about anything is a belief. I believe this spoon is a beautiful woman. I believe that pigeon on the roof is Englebert Humperdinck.

You have changed the debate from that of theism vs atheism to that of pedants arguing about the true meaning of words.

Do I believe that Man Utd are the best team in the world, or do I just think this? Or is it just my opinion? What about the guy who disagrees with me, is it his 'belief' that Man Utd are not the best team in the world?

You thought you were being clever but you've just shown yourself up. You've been exposed and YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF.

Anark is offline  
post #183 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

at this retard in the OP saying that "science is their religion"

Science isnt our religion you cunt. We tend to accept scientific FACT over Theological SPECULATION. Any human with half a fucking active brain should do the same thing. If anything, logic is our "religion"...you know, the ability to put 2 and 2 together and realize that this world wasnt created out of a magical ball of fucking clay.
Ziggler Mark is offline  
post #184 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
 
i$e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Posts: 6,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

lol @ picking out a random google definition that is outdated to what Atheism actually means (linguistically). I can do that too.

Quote:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.
Quote:
a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods
Quote:
One who rejects theism.
Quote:
Basic atheism is not a belief. It is the lack of belief. There is a difference between believing there is no god and not believing there is a god--both are atheistic, though popular usage has ignored the latter.
Also, the 'a' in atheist derives from the greek for 'without'. Atheism is 'without belief'. It is NOT a belief system, it is the rejection of one on logical and rational grounds.

It's really not a difficult concept and it shouldn't have taken you 3 pages and counting to understand it.

www.notedmusic.co.uk / @notedmusicuk / www.facebook.com/notedmusicuk



my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year
i$e is offline  
post #185 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: On loan to WF for Xmas
Posts: 3,824
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Lol at quoting from Wikipedia.

Still, it's correct.



Andre is offline  
post #186 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
In case you are wondering what the definition of belief is, here you go.

be·lief
/biˈlēf/
Noun

An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.
Like I said, EXPOSED.

Did you even read the definition of belief? You just pissed all over your own argument.

Numpty is too good for you. I'll have a think and come up with something.

Anark is offline  
post #187 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

I don't listen to music. Therefore my hobby is music.

See if you can point out the absurdity in here.

Rejection of something simply means a rejection of something. I reject your ideas as I see no basis for them in reality. The burden of proof is not on me.

Evidence of something on Google doesn't falsify something. Solid understanding and logic based on that understanding does, which you clearly lack.
Svart is offline  
post #188 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

What? You people are completely nuts. Atheism is the belief of no God. We don't believe in God, and not believing in God is a belief. I believe that when we die that is it. There is no heaven, or hell. These are beliefs that are most commonly associated with Atheism. You people are total fools. Atheist have morals, and principles, or beliefs that have nothing to do with God, or any sustained monotheistic religions. We as Atheist believe that life can exist without God. That my friend is why Atheism is a belief. You keep talking about how Atheism is "without", yes without GOD, you child. Just because I don't believe in God doesn't make what I do believe not a belief. You are wrong again.
truk83 is offline  
post #189 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
Like I said, EXPOSED.

Did you even read the definition of belief? You just pissed all over your own argument.

Numpty is too good for you. I'll have a think and come up with something.
Those are two different definitions you moron. Read the second definition. It has nothing to do with "deities", or God. This is priceless. Meaning your stupidity.
truk83 is offline  
post #190 of 541 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Just because I don't believe in God doesn't make what I do believe not a belief.
Not believing in God.

Not believing.

Recognise these words?


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Those are two different definitions you moron. Read the second definition. It has nothing to do with "deities", or God. This is priceless. Meaning your stupidity.
"Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction."

You just don't really understand what I'm getting at. Atheism is the rejection of an opinion. A very particular opinion.


Last edited by Anark; 12-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Anark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome