Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2011: In New Talent We Trust
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Melvis
The Knight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE 2011: In New Talent We Trust

Sorry for my lack of activity. I’ve started to write a bit more of SmackDown, which is good, so hopefully it’ll flow better from here on out; wish me luck. Raw is done, for the record, but I’d like to get a good portion of SD done before I post it. Maybe at some point I can give out some feedback, perish the thought.

It’s a small preview, but trust me, the show is MUCH bigger.

Monday Night Raw
Sommet Center, Nashville, Tennessee | 11th April 2011

Monday Night Raw arrives in Nashville, Tennessee this week, following the stunning announcement last week of Jerry “The King” Lawler becoming the NEW General Manager. Tonight, in the home state of our new GM, the Hall of Famer will open the show to outline his plans for the WWE’s ‘flagship show’, and he’s sure to receive a big reception. After Lawler embarrassed Michael Cole last week amid the rivalry the pairing have sported the last few months, will “King” exert his new-found authority to give Cole his marching orders? What will he have in store for the superstars of Monday nights? And what will he do to mark his first night in charge?

John Cena teamed with Randy Orton last week to beat The Miz and Alex Riley in the main event; this win granted Cena one more shot at the WWE Title at Extreme Rules, much to the dismay of The Miz as the current champion, especially as he was never pinned. Considering The Miz’s controversial win at Wrestlemania over Cena, the Awesome One is well aware that the former “Champ” desperately wants to make amends, and we’re sure to hear from both men over the course of the show tonight, with Extreme Rules on the horizon.

Speaking of Randy Orton, the Viper might have placed himself back in WWE Title contention by winning alongside Cena last week, but despite this, he was assaulted after the bell by CM Punk. The Straight-edge Saviour feels that his business with Orton still isn’t finished despite losing to the Viper at Wrestlemania, and it seems he’s drifted into the dark regions of his psyche as a result, including calling Mark Henry “Randall” repeatedly in his match last week. Will we see more of Punk’s psychotic side (clearly a result of his desperation to defeat the equally-psychotic Orton) evolve tonight, or will Orton find him first, to pay him back for the damage that was done last week?

Last week saw Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne beat Dolph Ziggler and William Regal – Ziggler was unable to tag the Englishman out because he was dealing with a catfight between Vickie Guerrero and Gail Kim, allowing Bryan to drop Regal to the deck and apply the LeBell Lock to win it. Ziggler explicitly stated in a WWE.com-exclusive interview this week that his WWE Title aspirations on Raw have NOT been dented by his loss, as he wasn’t involved in the fall, and this week, when he faces Evan Bourne in singles competition, Ziggler will want to get himself back on track with a stroke in the ‘W’ column. Will fellow WWE Title hopeful Daniel Bryan be watching this match, and will we see another Bryan/Gail-Ziggler/Guerrero confrontation?

After Johnny Curtis and R-Truth won their first ever tag team match together on Superstars, they were assaulted by DZP; Zack Ryder and Primo Colon. DZP had earlier declared that they were more deserving of Truth and Curtis’ guaranteed WWE Tag Team Title shot, and they followed up on that declaration by leaving the pairing on the mat at the end of the show. Tonight, Curtis steps into the Raw ring for the very first time, taking on Primo in singles competition – this match could set the tone for future WWE Tag Team Title shots, featuring two men very much in the hunt for those belts with their respective partners. Can Curtis keep his mini winning streak going at the beginning of his WWE career, or will Primo teach him a lesson about the unpredictability of the WWE? Tune in tonight to see if Curtis’ Raw debut is a successful one!

Also tonight, the United States Champion, Sheamus, will be in action, plus you can expect to see appearances from Santino Marella, Melina, Mark Henry, John Morrison, Ted DiBiase, Tyler Black and many more!

Announced For Raw

New Raw GM Jerry “The King” Lawler to open the show
Dolph Ziggler vs Evan Bourne
Johnny Curtis vs Primo
United States Champion Sheamus in action

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome