Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #2301 (permalink)
kwjr86
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

kwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more seriouskwjr86 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH Revolution: Canada

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kyle O'Reilly: ***½
Excellent opener; these guys mesh incredibly well; O’Reily busting out the sharpshooter was awesome.

Steve Corino vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett : **½
While Corino can certainty work a crowd up to get behind him; Bennett still is bland as all hell; and is still completely unimpressive. Not to mention when the whole match is built toward one man sticking his thumb up another man’s ass; it’s a bit unnecessary and I really wish Corino wouldn’t use that nonsense and ruin matches.

Rhett Titus vs. Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa, vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. Andy “Right Leg” Ridge: ***½
Fun; that is the exact word for this match; the last 5-10 minutes was just every where; Elgin looked like a beast and everyone else got there shine; perfect finish and would love to see more of these matches.

Davey Richards vs. Kenny King: ***¾
You take away the botched finish and I really though these guys worked real hard to put on a really good match; I think it was heading to being better than their big bang match; but the unfortunate finish and Davey rushing out put it just below it.

Colt Cabana vs. Delirious: (N/A)
Can’t really rate this one; it was a good tribute, definitely not a wrestling match; they danced around for a quite a few minutes then exchanged holds for about 30 seconds and then finished.

Christopher Daniels vs. El Generico: ***¾ - ****
These guys just gel so well, it’s not as good as their BITW match; but these guys still put on a hell of a match and another really strong finishing sequence.

Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe: ***½
Good defense for WGTT, nothing too bad with this match; but nothing overall great like they could do. The Briscoes back as heels really helps this match though.

Eddie Edwards vs. Chris Hero: ****¼-****½
A war, a battle; another epic title match for Eddie Edwards. Go out of your way to see this one; these guys just pour it all in to this; the last 15 minutes or so are just incredible.

Overall: 9/10
Hell of a show; strong wrestling throughout and capped with a world title match that needs to be seen; and should be very high on the MOTY lists. Also it’s the first time in a while I’ve been impressed with what they’ve done on the undercard. Claudio/O’Reily and the Double Danger are really just fun matches.