Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #2301 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM
kwjr86
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH Revolution: Canada

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kyle O'Reilly: ***½
Excellent opener; these guys mesh incredibly well; O’Reily busting out the sharpshooter was awesome.

Steve Corino vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett : **½
While Corino can certainty work a crowd up to get behind him; Bennett still is bland as all hell; and is still completely unimpressive. Not to mention when the whole match is built toward one man sticking his thumb up another man’s ass; it’s a bit unnecessary and I really wish Corino wouldn’t use that nonsense and ruin matches.

Rhett Titus vs. Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa, vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. Andy “Right Leg” Ridge: ***½
Fun; that is the exact word for this match; the last 5-10 minutes was just every where; Elgin looked like a beast and everyone else got there shine; perfect finish and would love to see more of these matches.

Davey Richards vs. Kenny King: ***¾
You take away the botched finish and I really though these guys worked real hard to put on a really good match; I think it was heading to being better than their big bang match; but the unfortunate finish and Davey rushing out put it just below it.

Colt Cabana vs. Delirious: (N/A)
Can’t really rate this one; it was a good tribute, definitely not a wrestling match; they danced around for a quite a few minutes then exchanged holds for about 30 seconds and then finished.

Christopher Daniels vs. El Generico: ***¾ - ****
These guys just gel so well, it’s not as good as their BITW match; but these guys still put on a hell of a match and another really strong finishing sequence.

Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe: ***½
Good defense for WGTT, nothing too bad with this match; but nothing overall great like they could do. The Briscoes back as heels really helps this match though.

Eddie Edwards vs. Chris Hero: ****¼-****½
A war, a battle; another epic title match for Eddie Edwards. Go out of your way to see this one; these guys just pour it all in to this; the last 15 minutes or so are just incredible.

Overall: 9/10
Hell of a show; strong wrestling throughout and capped with a world title match that needs to be seen; and should be very high on the MOTY lists. Also it’s the first time in a while I’ve been impressed with what they’ve done on the undercard. Claudio/O’Reily and the Double Danger are really just fun matches.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome