Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion

116K views 1K replies 261 participants last post by  izzie 
#1 · (Edited)

There's always something going on Superstars that catches people's attention and a few topics pop up, so it shouldn't hurt to make an actual thread for this great weekly wrestling show on WWE.COM (formerly WGN America).

Some thoughts on the 5/19 episode:

- Hayes and Kidd's relationship gets interesting. Is this the end already, or was it all just tough love? Really looking forward to everything this angle brings. Why they aren't doing this on the actual show baffles me.

- When Hawkins and Ryder came out, it looked and felt as if they were never separated in the first place: such a natural duo. Hawkins eating the Cobra was very disappointing (though he sold it like a champ, as always). Why was the one team with even that slight momentum and relevance NOT the winner (especially without any post-match shenanigans)?

- Main event was AWESOME. Drew knows the psychological game better than a lot and is the most underrated in-ring maestro right now. I could watch him go all day long. It's a disgrace not to have him on tv and build him up.

See less See more
#259 ·
re: Official General Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Anybody see the Ted/Kidd match? Feel like it could've been good. Probably going to watch it a bit later but I figured I'd see if anyone liked it.
Ted vs Kidd was pretty good. It wasn't Kidd vs Bryan by any means, but it was a solid, back-and-forth match. Kidd's a top tier worker and Ted's solid.
Nothing else taped for Superstars this week was all that great. You could predict the endings of every match just by looking at the matches.

Primo managed to get through his match with Riley without getting killed, which is a bonus.
Drew got a decent match out of Mason Ryan (by Ryan standards, at least).
Brodus did his usual squash routine.

Pretty disappointing by Superstars standards. Still, I'm a big fan of Drew and Primo, so at least I got to watch them wrestle on Monday.

#263 ·

Not online yet, but I dont think they cancel it but they might have. The superstars tab is still open when you go to WWE.com and click videos. But no new episode, I Figure that it still airs overseas so I hope someone uploads it before today is up.

#264 ·

Meh. That sucks. I usually watch on YouTube but it ain't up yet. Not gonna watch Riley or Ryan but Brodus Clay is always fun and Tyson Kidd's in action as well.

Anyway if you guys want a great match here's Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) vs Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley) from FCW, it's a 30 minute Iron Man match. I rate it at ****1/4. If you're not familiar with these two Rollins' finisher is the Avada Kedavra superkick and Ambrose's is the Midnight Special, over the shoulder back to belly piledriver.

#267 · (Edited)

Link. Funny - Gargano got loads more offense on Clay than anyone else - two kicks. The most I've seen out of anyone else is a waistlock. And his tights say Gargano - hehe. Striker even referred to his "international exploits".

And shit, you guys have got to check out Tyson Kidd vs Ted DiBiase. It's the best Superstars match in some time (best WWE TV match in some time as well) DiBiase has some hope after all. Kidd works on DiBiase's back for this match and the action is never boring.

#271 ·

So they remove Superstars from WWE.com & YT but continue to air it internationally? Is it really so hard to upload an episode on wwe.com? not like they would lose anything if they kept it there, low viewership or not?

#272 ·

Mason Ryan is definitly not a safe worker. His first suplex looked really wierd, his belly to belly almos ended with Drew on his head and his pumphandleslam almost became a botched tombstone.

#273 ·

Mason Ryan is definitly not a safe worker. His first suplex looked really wierd, his belly to belly almos ended with Drew on his head and his pumphandleslam almost became a botched tombstone.
I kept thinking the same thing throughout the match. He seemed to drop Drew awkwardly on his neck a lot, made me cringe.

#274 ·

I just don't get it - I've just watched the Battle Royal honestly, how can it be that a wrestler who's been improving and working hard gets thrown out first, while a green-as-grass rookie, who's nearly injured the other one, seemingly gets a push? I know I'm a Drew mark and my view on things here might be inaccurate, but it doesn't feel right on a professional level.

#277 ·

I just don't get it - I've just watched the Battle Royal honestly, how can it be that a wrestler who's been improving and working hard gets thrown out first, while a green-as-grass rookie, who's nearly injured the other one, seemingly gets a push? I know I'm a Drew mark and my view on things here might be inaccurate, but it doesn't feel right on a professional level.
Masters worked his ass off and was easily the most improved WWE guy for the 24 months before his release. McIntyre's improvement is nothing compared to Masters'. Still, Masters was released, and now this excuse of a powerhouse wrestler is getting a push. Pisses me off really because a powerhouse face is exactly what Masters was. Now don't talk to me about his drug stuff, because Masters was released the first time for his drug stuff, that was totally justified, but he was clean for the whole of his second run.

#275 ·

The WWE is controlled by idiots with short attention spans. They push a guy for a while and then bury him so they can push someone else for a while and then repeat the process.
Drew's burial has been brutally excessive even by their standards, however. You could give Mason Ryan five years and he'll never get anywhere close to being on Drew's level in any area... other than looking roided out.

#276 ·

I'm surprised people are surprised at Ted DiBiase's ring performance. He is a very athletic guy and he's had experience in North America and Japan. I'm so glad Ted's a face now, he never seemed confident in his heel persona.

Can I say that I love when the referees get spirited in matches? Kidd/DiBiase's ref was definitely all up in Tyson's face for breaking rules. Stuff like that makes the heel look more heelish.

#278 ·

Yeah, Drew's improvements aren't even close to how much better Masters got, because Drew was already quite good in the ring. His burial has nothing to do with ability. The WWE just likes to bury guys to either make an example or to test how they'll react to it.

#279 ·

Yeah, Drew's improvements aren't even close to how much better Masters got, because Drew was already quite good in the ring. His burial has nothing to do with ability. The WWE just likes to bury guys to either make an example or to test how they'll react to it.
Consider another factor - WWE Creative simply doesn't have any story or plans for Drew, but the people who have been beating him (Ryder/Ryan) are currently in storylines.

Well.. I'd suppose Tiffany was another factor for Drew...

#280 ·

TIffany didn't do Drew any favors. I'd have expected Drew to get depushed during this time, since it happens to EVERYONE, but his has been way bigger than the ones they gave Sheamus or Bryan (as examples). It's closer to when they buried Swagger right before Swagger suddenly won MitB and became World Champion. Of course, that didn't do Swagger any favors either.

Fortunately, the WWE can build up anyone whenever it feels like doing it, so as long as Drew is employed, he has a chance.

#281 ·

*possible spoiler*

recent superstars morrison v mcintyre, commentator said "johnny morrison"thrice. I lold

#283 ·

I would love to see Mason Ryan go against Alex Riley. It would be entertaining, if nothing else.
I´m afraid someone would die in that match.

#285 ·
Re: WWE Superstars Daniel Bryan vs Trent Barreta

Nice jacket and fantastic match and both wrestlers styles worked well together.Glad Bryan is more serious now which he should be if he is going to be a main event fixture. Also at the end of the match when he was staring down at the briefcase makes me feel a cash in is on the cards very soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.