Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

2.0 is an after thought2.0 is an after thought
Default Re: WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

Finally got this done lol. Haven't even made any sort of start on Smackdown at all so it might be a while until I get it up. I hope to have some news and notes and a Smackdown Preview posted before then though to keep the fire burning. I'm also having some second thoughts on the rosters I have decided on for each show. For whatever reason I'm starting to change my mind on things. Anyways, that's all for the future. Here's Raw.

WWE Monday Night Raw
April 20th 2009
Alltel Arena – Little Rock, AR

‘Fatal Four Way’

We are into the home stretch and the final few shows before Backlash this Sunday and the Alltel Arena is absolutely rocking as the show opens to a wide shot of the crazy fans. The intro and pyro are forgotten about and one of the biggest matches of the night is set to kick things off.

**I HEAR VOICES**

An astronomical amount of heat erupts at the first notes of the WWE Champion’s theme song and only grows louder as he slowly emerges from behind the curtain flanked by both DiBiase and Rhodes on either side. The trio methodically makes their way to the ring, the two youngsters soaking in the heat while their leader looks as emotionless as ever. They climb inside, DiBiase and Rhodes taking a turnbuckle each to raise their arms high while Orton stands in the middle and raises his title to an eruption of boos. The Arkansas fans are all over Legacy tonight as they await their opponents.

**BOOYAKA BOOYAKA**

Rey Mysterio bursts onto the stage from behind an explosion of pyro to a huge reaction. It’s clear that the fans here tonight are rowdy and ready for a great Raw. Rey stops to interact with some children before stopping at ringside and looking warily into the ring. He may be the Ultimate Underdog but he isn’t stupid and waits for the rest of his team to arrive on the outside.

**IM COMIN’**

Another raucous cheer goes up for the United States Champion, MVP as he bounces his way down the ramp and waits alongside the first of his tag partners. There is a small smattering of MVP chants before the place fucking erupts.

**I WALK ALONE**

Every fan is on their feet and going wild for The Animal, Batista!! Big Dave looks all hyped up, mimicking the explosive actions of his pyro as it shoots off behind him before practically sprinting to the ring and sliding inside. He is quickly joined by Mysterio and MVP and all 6 men stand face to face in the ring.

Referee Mike Chioda already has his hands full and bravely steps into the middle of the standoff, directing each team to its side of the ring. Mysterio starts for his team while DiBiase steps up for his. The bell rings and a great cheer sounds for the beginning of this huge match up.

Match 1
The Legacy vs. Rey Mysterio, MVP & Batista

As expected, this match had the house going crazy with close call after close call. The finishing stretch came about with DiBiase and Batista in the ring. Batista nailed a thunderous spine buster as Ted yelped in pain. The fans went nuts as The Animal shook the ropes, signaling the end for the young second generation superstar. But very quickly things broke down as Cody Rhodes ran into the ring and clobbered Batista from behind. The big man stumbled forward and MVP made the blind tag but stayed on the outside. Instead it was Rey Mysterio who climbed to the top rope, jumped off and landed on top of Rhodes to a huge pop. With those two out of the picture, MVP finally got into the ring and together with Batista, they started stomping away on DiBiase. Chioda had completely lost control at this stage and just decided to let things play out the way they would. MVP set up Ted for the Playmaker when Orton slithered into the ring. Batista instantly ran to hit the spear but Orton dodged the attack and moved out of the way sending The Animal crashing into the ring post. While all this was going on, Ted took advantage of the distraction and wiggled his way out of MVP’s grasp, the two brawled for a few moments until MVP got the upper hand. He punched and punched, moving DiBiase further back and further back until he had enough room and ran forward with the intentions of hitting a big boot. But he ran right into the awaiting Randy Orton who hit a pin point RKO, then practically ordered Chioda to make the three count as Ted made the cover.

Winner – The Legacy

As soon as the bell rings to signal the end of the match, Orton begins shouting to Cody who is now on the outside and getting to his feet. Hearing his leader’s orders, Cody grabs all three title belts sitting at ringside and rolls under the bottom rope. The Viper takes his WWE title while both Rhodes and DiBiase take a title each. The heat in the arena is at crazy levels as the fans watch each member of the losing team struggle to their feet. First Rey, who gets blasted with his own Intercontinental Championship belt, then MVP who after making it to one knee and then finally the other also gets clobbered with his own title belt. All eyes turn to the fallen Batista. He has his back turned while he tries to stand up. The fans are practically begging him to realize what is going on behind him as Orton seethes in anticipation. Batista finally turns around and just like his team mates, suffers the same fate as Orton hits him right on the head with the WWE title. The heat is pouring down on Legacy as they stand in the middle of the ring surveying the mess they have created. Slowly and with purpose, Orton raises the arms of his young cohorts, all three with a title in their hand as Michael Cole has a fit on commentary.

Cole: God damn it! Orton, Rhodes and DiBiase, all three standing tall after this massacre!

King: When these guys get up you know there is going to be hell to pay. I just can’t believe Legacy pulled it off.

Cole: This is a statement from Legacy, King. This is Orton letting everybody know that they are the dominant force in the WWE. I just wonder who, if anybody, is going to be able to stop them?

COMMERCIAL

We are right back from commercial and straight into a recap of what just happened. As King and Cole run over the events, Cole suddenly interrupts by announcing two new matches for Backlash. Rey Mysterio will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Cody Rhodes and MVP will defend the United States Championship against Ted DiBiase!!! King puts over the fact that all three Legacy members could walk out of Backlash as champions.

Right after his comment things move to the backstage area where Legacy is shown celebrating in their locker room to super heat. Ted and Cody high five each other, looking smug as ever while Randy Orton, as usual, stands between them looking cold and emotionless. Orton tells his partners that they performed well tonight but their work is not done. “I want ZERO threats to my WWE Championship. We’ve already taken care of Batista, with the added bonus of Mysterio and MVP. Later tonight, we take out John Cena too.” A huge amount of boos can be heard from inside the arena as Ted and Cody just smile while the Champion himself even manages the tiniest of smirks too.

From the Legacy locker room the shot changes to show Chris Jericho pacing around his own room. The heat in the arena remains as Jericho turns around and we see that he is talking on his cell phone. “And you’re absolutely sure? One hundred percent? Yes! This is perfect…………yes…………I’ll make the announcement tonight…………and just so you know, if this turns out to be wrong there’s going to serious hell to pay. Do you understand what I’m saying to you? You better!” Jericho hangs up the phone and looks right ahead as a huge smile appears on his face. King and Cole wonder just what the hell he is up to as things fade to the ever hyped draft promo for next week’s Raw.

**A black screen appears as two thunderous lightning bolts, one red and one blue appear at either side of the screen.**

Narrator: The landscape…

**The thunder bolts start to gain more power, buzzing and zapping around as they grow in size.**

Narrator: Is about…

**The bolts grow even bigger and are now going crazy on their respective side of the screen. Flashing images of WWE Superstars start to zip all over the place.**

Narrator: To change…

**Suddenly the two bolts burst from each side of the screen and ram right into one another in a great blue and red explosion. The WWE Draft logo erupts from the middle.**

Vince McMahon Voiceover: It’s time to shake things up again!

Narrator: The WWE Draft! A 3 hour special of Monday Night Raw, LIVE, April 27th at 9/8ct on USA!

A quick recap video of Maryse attacking Mickie during her number one contenders match against Michelle McCool on Smackdown is shown. Maryse makes her way to the ring along with her tag partner, Michelle McCool. Next out are Mickie James and Melina.

Match 2
Maryse & Michelle McCool vs. Mickie James & Melina

This turned out to be over rather quickly for as soon as Mickie got her hands on Maryse, the blond practically ran to the back with Mickie hot on her heels. Seizing the opportunity, Michelle hit the Fallen Angel and covered the Women’s Champion for the victory. After the match she held the title up high in a show of strength before both women go head to head this Sunday at Backlash.

Winner – Michelle McCool & Maryse

Things shift from a shot of McCool in the ring to the parking lot area where a flashy sports car pulls in and out steps none other than John Cena! A massive pop erupts at the sight of the CeNation Commander and it is clear that there is virtually no split in the audience tonight. Cena grabs his bag from the passenger seat and starts to make his way into the arena when he is suddenly stopped by Todd Grisham. Todd quickly fills John in on what went down earlier tonight before asking for his thoughts. Cena looks straight ahead then right into the camera, his face serious. “I’ve only got one thing on my mind tonight, Todd and that’s beating Edge. But Randy, if you wanna get involved you had better believe me when I say that I’ll be ready and waiting.” He stares for a few seconds longer before turning and going on his way.

COMMERCIAL

We are once again back in the parking lot but this time a white limo has pulled in and JBL steps out of it. He orders the driver to get his bags from the back and as he is waiting, Jack Swagger walks into the shot. The two men smile at each other. Swagger says that he has every faith that JBL will defeat the Undertaker tonight because it’s the American way. JBL agrees, Swagger takes the bags from the driver and the pair head inside the arena.

Match 3
Kofi Kingston vs. Kane

In a very competitive match up it was Kofi Kingston who came out the victor after reversing a chokeslam attempt and nailing the Trouble in Paradise. After the match Kofi celebrated with the fans while Kane walked away with an unreadable expression on his face. Just before the camera cut to the Backlash promo we saw Kofi interacting with some young fans at ringside.

Winner – Kofi Kingston

Narrator: The time of the immortals has passed…

**Glimpses of Wrestlemania are shown in quick flashes**

Narrator: The victors have reveled in their glory

**Shots of CM Punk holding up the briefcase followed by Miz and Morrison with Tag Title Gold**

Narrator: But now….

**A collage of images start to flash across the screen getting quicker and quicker – Jericho after his victory, The Undertaker going 17-0, Edge sneaking to victory to retain the World Title**

Narrator: Comes…

**We see the events that occurred in the WWE Championship match and the tragedy inflicted on the McMahon’s and Triple H without actually seeing the perpetrator until…**

Narrator: THE BACKLASH!

**Finally an image of Randy Orton explodes onto the screen. His expression is cold and his eyes lifeless as the image pulls further and further away to darkness**

Narrator: WWE Backlash, live on Pay Per View, Sunday April 26th!

Things once again move to the Legacy locker room. All three men are still in their ring gear and are surprised to see the World Heavyweight Champion enter the room. A huge amount of boos sound from inside the arena as both World Champion and WWE Champion come face to face. Edge says that he heard what Orton said earlier and he’s here to ask him to stay away. Orton looks at him skeptically while he continues talking. “Cena barged into my locker room last week and tried to humiliate me. I beat him at Wrestlemania and tonight I will beat him again. And when I do, he can’t lay any claim to my title.” Edge runs his hand protectively over the title on his shoulder. “I’m asking that you stay away from my match tonight.” The two men have an intense stare off before Orton looks Edge dead in the eye and shrugs his shoulders. “Maybe.” Edge sarcastically nods his head, his face screwing up in displeasure before turning around, walking right through Rhodes and DiBiase and out of the room. The camera follows him as he walks down the hallway. He rounds the corner and almost walks right into CM PUNK! The fans pop huge for Punk who just nods his head at Edge’s title and smirks while tapping his briefcase. The NEXT graphic appears on the screen before we fade to commercial.

COMMERCIAL

**THIS FIRE BURNS**

The Straight Edge Master, CM Punk makes his way onto the stage to a HUGE reaction from the Arkansas fans. Everybody is on their feet to see Mister Money in the Bank tonight. Cole and King run over the happenings of his feud with Big Show while he walks to the ring. Punk grabs a mic and lifts his briefcase high in the air. He looks at it and with a smirk on his face says, “Got briefcase?” The fans pop loudly as Punk smiles and starts to pace around the ring. “It seems like I’ve gotten myself into a little bit of trouble recently. You see, two weeks ago I had the misfortune of pinning Big Show in a tag match after he got hit in the head with the World Heavyweight Championship by Edge. Naturally, you would assume that Big Show would go after Edge. But for whatever reason, Show has decided to come after me. Last week on Raw, I’ll admit it, he beat the crap outta me. But this past Friday night? I beat the crap outta him when I smacked this briefcase right into his head.” Another pop from the fans who are simply eating Punk up right now. A loud CM PUNK chant breaks out, causing him to smile before continuing. “And now it’s announced that we have a match at Backlash. Big Show, I came out here tonight to let you know that I’m not scared. You may be the largest athlete in the world but you aren’t CM Punk! That’s why I’m calling you out……..right here…….RIGHT NOW!” All eyes turn to the entrance ramp, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the giant and they don’t have to wait very long.

**WELLLLLLLLLLL IT’S THE BIG SHOW**

Big Show practically runs out from behind the curtain and in no time is standing on the ring apron. The Alltel arena is going crazy over the confrontation as both men lock eyes. Show moves to lift his leg over the rope and is immediately set upon by Punk who starts kicking him left, right and center. Show is forced to lift his leg back over while Punk kicks him. He reaches out and with his massive hand engulfs the smaller man’s head, leaning forward and sending Punk flying with a headbut. Once again he lifts one big leg over the top rope but just like before, Punk is on him with kicks galore. Punk moves his kicks higher and lands one right on the side of Show’s face. The big man starts to wobble before he’s knocked right to the ground by the briefcase. A huge cheer goes up and Punk holds the weapon high in the air and looks down at Show on the floor below him. He throws the briefcase down to the ground and runs off to the opposite side of the ring. When he comes back he flies over the top rope and crash lands on Big Show to another loud pop. Punk gets to his feet and thrusts his hands in the air while Show lays beaten on the floor. The ball seems to be in his court and for the second show in a row, Punk has the upper hand. King and Cole speculate whether Punk was wise to goad the Big Show like that before they start to run down the Backlash card.

Punk vs. Show…

Matt vs. Jeff in a Steel Cage…

Ted vs. MVP for the US Title…

Rey vs. Cody for the IC Title…

Melina vs. Michelle McCool for the Women’s Title…

And The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michales!!

The graphic for their match appears on the screen and the fans pop hard. JBL is shown walking down a hallway backstage. It’s JBL vs. The Undertaker and its NEXT!

COMMERCIAL

**LONGHORN**

As always, heavy boos greet the Wrestling God as he steps out of his limo. They have no effect as JBL confidently makes his way to the ring, fresh off his victory against Shawn Michaels the week prior.

**GONG**

The arena turns dark and the fans go fucking batshit crazy.

**GONG**

The stage area grows smoky and the lights suddenly turn blue as the ominous figure of The Undertaker emerges out of the smoke.

**GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY**

A MASSIVE ovation erupts for The Deadman who carries out his usual slow entrance to the ring. JBL shows no signs of fear as Taker steps inside and the pair lock eyes.

Match 4
The Undertaker vs. JBL

The Deadman was taking the so called Wrestling God to school in this match. After a flurry of offense in the beginning, the pendulum quickly swung to Taker who seemed to be using this match to send a message. The recipient of said message was Shawn Michaels and just as Taker climbed to the top rope for some old school…….

**I THINK IM CUTE…….I KNOW IM SEXY**

A HUGE roar filled the Alltel Arena for HBK as he appeared on the ramp, much to the displeasure of The Undertaker who, falling for the distraction, was yanked to the floor by JBL. The arena soon fell into a frenzy of split chants; half UN-DER-TAKER and half H-B-K. Shawn slowly walked his way to the ring, pleased that he was having the desired effect and then hopped onto the apron. With Taker on one knee, JBL ran off the ropes with the intentions of hitting the Clothesline from Hell but he got caught! The Phenom latched his hand around the other man’s throat as he got to his feet and spotted Shawn on the apron. With his eyes locked on to his opponent this Sunday, he hoisted JBL high into the air and landed the chokeslam! The fans popped loudly in approval as HBK stood there motionless. As Taker made the cover and the ref began counting, Shawn slowly stepped down off the apron and started to backtrack.

Winner – The Undertaker

While the referee raises Taker’s hand in victory, he is still staring a hole through HBK who is now more than halfway up the ramp, his expression solemn. The Heartbreak Kid’s plan obviously didn’t go the way he wanted to and he was forced to stand at the top of the ramp and watch as the lights turned blue and Undertaker dropped to one knee, his hand reaching out and eyes rolling to the back of his head to the sound of a loud clap of thunder. As the two men continue to stare each other out, the commentators hype the shit out of their match at Backlash until the screen fades to the draft promo once again.

**A black screen appears as two thunderous lightning bolts, one red and one blue appear at either side of the screen.**

**The thunder bolts start to gain more power, buzzing and zapping around as they grow in size.**

**The bolts grow even bigger and are now going crazy on their respective side of the screen. Flashing images of WWE Superstars start to zip all over the place.**

**Suddenly the two bolts burst from each side of the screen and ram right into one another in a great blue and red explosion. The WWE Draft logo erupts from the middle.**

Narrator: The WWE Draft! A 3 hour special of Monday Night Raw, LIVE, April 27th at 9/8ct on USA!

We’re backstage now where JBL is fuming after his loss. As he walks throughout the hallways to his locker room he comes across Jack Swagger and promptly yells at the youngster, blaming him for his defeat. “WHERE THE HELL WHERE YA SON?” Swagger grimaces and tries to calm the older man down before he is seemingly struck by an idea. “Don’t you worry! I’ll get revenge……yes, that’s right, I’ll get revenge because this Friday night……..I’m challenging The Undertaker TO A MATCH!” The Alltel arena lets out a great pop at Swagger’s announcement. JBL looks at the other man in slight shock before nodding and slapping him on the back. “You’ll see Mr. Layfield. I’ll beat The Undertaker and afterwards we’ll both teach him a lesson; you don’t mess Jack Swagger and JBL and you don’t mess with America!”

King and Cole laugh on commentary at Swagger’s comments. “You don’t mess with America?” But things quickly turn serious as they hand off to Todd Grisham who is standing by with………BATISTA!! The Arkansas fans pop big time for The Animal who is still dressed to compete and holding his hand over his face. Todd asks his thoughts on his tag team loss to Legacy tonight. “Randy thinks he runs this place and he’s doing whatever the hell he wants. Well I’m not having it. He wants to beat me down with the WWE Title after our match tonight? Fine. He wants to interfere in the main event? That’s fine too. You see, John Cena has never been my friend but if Orton goes out there tonight……..then I’m going too and you can bet your ass I’m going to introduce his head to the WWE title and the World Heavyweight Title not to mention my foot up his ass!” An enraged Batista shoves Todd away to a huge pop as things heat up even further regarding the main event tonight. Will both Orton and Batista make an appearance?

Narrator: The time of the immortals has passed…

**Glimpses of Wrestlemania are shown in quick flashes**

Narrator: The victors have reveled in their glory

**Shots of CM Punk holding up the briefcase followed by Miz and Morrison with Tag Title Gold**

Narrator: But now….

**A collage of images start to flash across the screen getting quicker and quicker – Jericho after his victory, The Undertaker going 17-0, Edge sneaking to victory to retain the World Title**

Narrator: Comes…

**We see the events that occurred in the WWE Championship match and the tragedy inflicted on the McMahon’s and Triple H without actually seeing the perpetrator until…**

Narrator: THE BACKLASH!

**Finally an image of Randy Orton explodes onto the screen. His expression is cold and his eyes lifeless as the image pulls further and further away to darkness**

Narrator: WWE Backlash, live on Pay Per View, Sunday April 26th!

COMMERCIAL

**BREAK THE WALLS DOWN**

The Alltel Arena pours a ton of heat onto Chris Jericho as he steps out from behind the curtain and walks to the ring looking sharp as ever in a grey pinstripe suit. He snatches a mic from the hand of some poor technician and lets out a shit eating grin. “I know something you don’t know!” The fans only boo louder at his cocky attitude but it spurs him on as usual. “Ever since I went on a strike a few weeks ago, I have made it my mission to go in search of the very thing I was striking against – the lack of authority in this damn company. Now, while I can’t say I was ever Vince or Shane or Stephanie’s best friend, at least with them around there was law and order around here. But no, ever since Randy Orton punted them all into oblivion, the inmates have been running the asylum and you know what? An honest man just can’t stand for that. That’s why I have taken it upon myself to find out who these mystery General Managers are and my sources tell me that we have made a breakthrough. That’s why; this Friday night I will REVEAL the new General Manager of Smackdown!” Despite their feelings towards Jericho himself, the fans pop big time for his announcement. “I’ll see you all, Friday.” With another huge grin, Jericho drops the mic and starts to climb out of the ring.

Cole: Jericho’s going to reveal the Smackdown Genreal Manager!

King: This Friday night! How the hell did he find out who it is?

Cole: Never mind how he found it, all that matters is that he knows and come Friday we’re going to know too!

King: Oh this is big BIG news! I wonder who it is, I wonder who IT IS!!

Things once again move to the backstage area where Edge is pacing around his locker room and looks seriously ready to go. He looks into the camera and shakes his head. “John Cena. You and I have a lot of history together. Three years ago I cashed in the Money in the Bank to win my first ever WWE Championship. I took it from you, I won my first ever WWE title from you. And ever since then we have been enemies, bitter rivals as they say. But this isn’t some rivalry or feud you can stick a catchphrase on. I.HATE.YOU, John. I hate you! I hate that you beat me just a few weeks later to take back the title. I hate that you FU’d me through a million tables at Unforgiven and defeated me in my hometown. I hate that you got involved with me at Wrestlemania this year, I hate everything about you! And tonight I’m going to prove to everybody how I’ve always been just one step ahead of the ‘CeNation.’” Edge mimics the action of parenthesis with his fingers as the fans boo his tirade. “Tonight, I beat you again and you officially move to the back of the line. I’ll see you out there, John,” he whispers as the promo comes to an end and things switch back to the arena.

**NO MORE WORDS**

Jeff Hardy dances onto the stage to a great reception from the Arkansas fans with Christian at his side. Christian watches on in bemusement at Jeff dances while the pyro explodes behind him before the duo makes their way to the ring.

**OHHHHH YEAHHHHHH**

This time the elder Hardy appears on the ramp and the former cheers turn to boos. He is accompanied by William Regal. The pair climbs into the ring and we are ready for the penultimate match of the night.

Match 5
Jeff Hardy & Christian vs. Matt Hardy & William Regal

This was a pretty standard match up that saw Christian get worked over for the most part until finally making the hot tag to his partner. Jeff exploded into the ring, hitting a flying lariat on Regal. It was at this point that Matt decided to once again walk out on a tag team match as he stepped off the ring apron and just stood there watching on. Jeff pointed to the outside, right at his brother and yelled, “WATCH!” as Christian nailed the Killswitch to a great pop. It only grew louder as Jeff leaped to the top rope, stuck out his arms and jumped off, landing a perfect Swanton Bomb for the victory. The fans popped hard as Jeff and Christian celebrated in the ring while Matt fumed on the outside.

Winner – Jeff Hardy & Christian

COMMERCIAL

**AINT NO MAKE BELIEVE**

The Unified Tag Team Champions are out of the blocks to super heat from the Alltel Arena. Miz and Morrison as their usual cocky selves just stroll to the ring, taunting fans and rubbing their titles all the way. They stand in the ring and wait until the “YOU SUCK” chants directed at them die down before speaking. Miz tells everybody to get a good look at what a champion looks like. Get a good look at The Miz and John Morrison! The fans boo as Morrison tells them that their Quest is already off to a flying start, just as they knew it would be. In just a few short weeks they have ticked off one of the most successful tag teams of the modern era in the Hardy Boyz. Miz buts in and belittles the Hardy brothers, saying how they could be considered as contenders for their titles if they weren’t involved in a stupid family feud that nobody cares about. His tag partner agrees before stating that the Hardyz are officially crossed off the list. A graphic appears on the tron showing Hardy Boyz with a line put through it. And now it’s time to move on! Miz panders to the fans for a few minutes, throwing out names and asking them who they think is next before finally revealing that it is………………………………CRYME TYME!! This leads to an impromptu mocking session as both men throw out several ‘dawgs’ and ‘yo’s.’ Morrison announces that this Friday on Smackdown, The Miz and John Morrison will beat Cryme Tyme and mark another team off their list. Miz adds that they will come face to face with a reality check…..courtesy of your Unified Tag Team Champions.

COMMERCIAL

We are back from the final commercial of the night. King and Cole hype Backlash, hype the matches set for Smackdown, HYPE the fact that the new GM will be revealed this Friday and then hype up the main event that is set to happen RIGHT NOW before the camera pans back to a wide shot of the arena, then zooms in on the entrance ramp.

**MY TIME IS NOW**

The Alltel arena ERUPTS for John Cena who forgoes his usual happy routine tonight, instead giving a very serious salute into the camera before running to the ring. He bounces off the ropes, throws his hat and shirt into the crowd before turning all of his attention to the ramp. He is left waiting for a few moments, the Rated R Superstar toying around a little.

**YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME**

The World Heavyweight Champion walks onto the stage looking just as serious as his opponent in the ring. Edge walks halfway down the ramp and locks eyes with Cena. He just stands there as the pyro shoots off behind him, then walks on down the ramp. The seriousness of both men highlights just how important this match is. If Edge wins, Cena goes to the back of the line. If Cena wins, surely that means he’s set for a title opportunity. And that’s without mentioning the history between the pair. With both men now in the ring and every fan on their feet, Mike Chioda calls for the bell.

Main Event
Non-Title Match
John Cena vs. Edge

This huge main event got plenty of time and was coming up to just after the twenty minute mark which saw both men flat on their back in the center of the ring. Just like they had been all night, there was nothing but love for John Cena and the fans were begging him to get back to his feet. As it were, the CeNation Commander began to stir and beside him Edge was doing the exact same thing. Both men got to their feet and Cena threw the first bomb, landing a big right hand to a resounding cheer. Edge stumbled back and then stumbled forward, landing a big right of his own to a heavy BOO. They continued trading bombs…

YAY

BOO

YAY

BOO

YAY

BOO

Edge lands another………………and another! Cena is reeling and gets backed against the ropes. Edge whips him to the other side but Cena ducks under his clothesline and nails a shoulder block! Edge gets up and eats another! Cena grabs him and gets him into position for his patented modified powerbomb. He raises Edge up into the air but it is reversed! Edge fights out of it and manages to land a thunderous DDT laying Cena flat out. The Heavyweight Champion starts to pull at his hair and the Alltel arena erupts into hysteria as they all know what’s coming. The Champion continues to pull at his hair as he moves to the corner of the ring and bends down, bouncing on his knees and practically salivating as Cena slowly starts to get up. “GET UP CENA! GET UP!” Just as John turns around Edge bursts across the ring and nails the SPEAR! He makes the cover…

NO!

Cena just about manages to get his shoulder up to an absolutely RAUCOUS pop. Edge grabs his hair again only this time in shock. He can’t believe it. He angrily gets up and stomps to the corner again, the fans booing the hell out of him as he bounces impatiently. When Cena eventually gets up, Edge runs, looking to hit a second spear and end the match but is caught in a drop toe hold. Cena scurries over his fallen body and locks in the STFU! The Alltel Arena comes UNGLUED with suspense as Cena rakes back hard, ripping and pulling at Edge’s shoulder and neck. The Champion’s screams can be heard as he scrambles around, aimlessly searching for the ropes. He starts to inch his way over………….

………..inching……………

………..and inching……………

……………and inching………………

…………..until he finally makes a desperate attempt to grab the bottom rope……………………

………………..and makes it!

Cena locks in the hold up to the 4 count before he is forced to break it. Sticking to his guns, Cena yanks Edge right back into the middle of the ring and looks to lock in his submission move again but instead is met with a big right boot to the face. He comes forward, obviously looking to try again but meets another boot to the face. The Champion struggles to his feet, well his good foot, and stumbles forward only to be caught, hoisted onto Cena’s shoulders and planted to the mat. The fans go crazy for the FU and Cena makes the cover…

NO!!!

This time it is Edge who shocks everybody by reaching deep and kicking out of Cena’s finishing maneuver. The CeNation Commander grasps at his head in frustration as the match continues. Just what is it going to take to put either man away? As Cena stands up and starts to re-strategize, the noise level in the arena grows loud in fervent boos. Randy Orton along with DiBiase and Rhodes is on the ramp and casually strolling to the ringside area. John catches sight of them and looks around the ring where he is now surrounded. Before anything further can happen however, BATISTA storms down the ramp and without any hesitation, jumps Orton! Rhodes and DiBiase join the fight but the numbers are quickly evened up as Rey Mysterio and MVP charge down to a MASSIVE pop. Things have quickly broken down here.

Cena watches what’s going on on the outside.

Edge, through gritted teeth is back on his feet and stalking his opponent from behind.

Batista, Orton, MVP, DiBiase, Mysterio and Rhodes are beating the hell out of each other on the outside.

Cena turns around…..

Edge tries for the spear again….

Cena leapfrogs right over him….

Now Edge turns around….

And is hoisted up for a second FU!

A scary pop is heard as Cena makes the cover and gets the win after a seriously hard fought battle. The place is literally buzzing with noise and electricity. Chioda raises Cena’s hand in victory.

Winner – John Cena

When the match is over, Cena is standing tall in the ring and after a few seconds, Legacy decide to retreat, jumping the barricade and scurrying off. The trio on the outside look up at John Cena who is now on the turnbuckle holding his hands high as he lets out a loud yell. It is with this image that the screen fades to black.

END SHOW

Quick Results
The Legacy def. MVP, Rey Mysterio & Batista
Michelle McCool & Maryse def. Mickie James & Melina
Kofi Kingston def. Kane
The Undertaker def. JBL
Jeff Hardy & Christian def. Matt Hardy & William Regal
John Cena def. Edge

BACKLASH CARD

‘One More Time’
No Holds Barred

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker