Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #2102 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
CM GOAT aka DR. PHIL

Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500Jack Evans 187 11001 - 11500
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Dragon Gate USA - Enter The Dragon 2011

Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet - ***3/4
Fantastic opener. Enjoyed it much more than Yokosuka/Ricochet.

AR Fox vs. Pinkie Sanchez - ***
Wayyy better than expected. A trend on the night.

FRAY!
Cedric Alexander vs. Ahtu vs. Jon Davis vs. Tony Nese vs. Caleb Konley vs. Facade vs. Flip Kendrick vs. Louis Lyndon vs. Sugar Dunkerton - ***1/4
I want you to picture Terry Crews, just with lighter skin. That's what Ahtu looks like, dude's huge. This match was ridiculously fun, and I thought they'd never stop announcing a next entrant. Crowd really got behind Davis as he was murdering the small guys. Loved this. Honestly at this point, I felt like I already got my money's worth.

D.U.F. (Arik Cannon & Sami Callihan) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Yokosuka - ***1/2
Again, a match that overdelivered. D.U.F. looked good as a team, and with the big win I wouldn't mind seeing them get a tag title shot down the line. Mochizuki continues to kick really hard.

Elimination Match
Blood Warriors (CIMA, Austin Aries, & Brodie Lee) vs. Johnny Gargano, Rich Swann, & Masato Yoshino - ****1/4
I absolutely loved this. It sucked that Chuck was hurt but Yoshino is a fine replacement. He wasn't involved in the match very heavily but his exchanges with CIMA early on were ridiculously great. Brodie looked like the ultimate big badass heel and it was definitely a shame he hurt himself because he was absolutely on fire. Crowd started a Brodie Lee chant after his elimination, so I think they liked his performance too. Late in the match CIMA went towards the camera and said: "Ronin baby? Ronin baby? I am baby!" And it was just one of those really stupid things that you had to laugh at once he put his thumb in his mouth and kept yelling baby. The final several minutes with the last two guys is what really made the match for me. They had to have been so gassed as the match went well over 30 minutes but they really busted their asses in the end and I loved it.

Open The Freedom Gate Championship
YAMATO(c) vs. PAC - ****
Another fantastic match on a fantastic show. As soon as YAMATO started working on the leg I thought to my self, "there's no way in hell PAC of all people is gonna sell that." But to my pleasant surprise, he actually did. It wasn't to the extent where he had to change his whole offense like Claudio and Generico have in PWG this year, but he'd occasionally limp, act like it buckled, or slap some life back into it. He just didn't blatantly ignore it like I expected, so that was good. The match itself had a really nice pace coming off the last match, where it just kept building and building towards the end and never got overwhelming. The crowd were just eating up the nearfalls near the end and it was cool to watch all their reactions. Really great stuff with a good performance from the pacster.

Overall: 8.5/10
I really can't say enough good things about this show. Only 6 matches, so they all got plenty of time and everyone put in a really great performance. The highest rating I've given a show all year. Well worth your $14.99.

Last edited by Jack Evans 187 : 06-19-2011 at 11:10 PM.