Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - World Wrestling Entertainment: The 2002 Diaries

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

2.0 2.0
Default Re: World Wrestling Entertainment: The 2002 Diaries

-First match out of the blocks is Rey/Chavo. Eddie turning up was a nice way to introduce him to SD, if indeed he is the newly traded superstar. A Rey/Eddie feud is possibly in the works then. Given what these two produced in reality and Eddie's heel turn as a result of it, I'm wondering what direction this is going to take. Then again, maybe Eddie is just out to help his cousin lol.

-So, it is revealed that Eddie is in fact the guy traded over from Raw and already strange things are starting to happen lol. I don't believe for one second that he had nothing to do with what what happened to Rey. This is a really cool way to kick of their storyline together. Consider me interested.

-Orton in 2002 just makes me think of RNN updates lol. He pulled the sneak victory over Lance Storm and then bolted afterwards. I have to wonder what direction you are going to bring him in. It's weird to think what type of character he is going to adopt without Evolution there etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out for young Mr.Orton in this thread.

-Lol at Kurt sucking up to Vince. The 'broken freakin neck' line always makes me laugh. Great stipulation for the main event later.

-Weird situation with Jericho. Wonder why he didn't come? From Jericho things move on to Cena and just like Orton, it's weird to think of him as The Prototype lol. Well now I get it. Jericho/Cena is on the way after that little promo. I'm still having a hard time trying to get this version of Cena in my head but I'm sure as the thread progresses it will start to stick.

-Now Batista!! I'm actually really interested in seeing where you take him along with Cena and Orton. To think of their paths and where they all ended up and the fact that you basically get to go back and write it all for yourself is pretty cool.

-Lesnar at ringside is a good way to distract Taker etc but I don't know about him tapping out. Puts Kurt over huge but sort of takes away from his whole badass deal. So now Taker/Angle is set for Vengeance. I don't really know what way this is going to swing at such an early stage and both Taker/Lesnar and Angle/Lesnar have been done before. Whatever way you decide to go I'm looking forward to reading about it nonetheless.

Overall I thought this was a solid show. Honestly, I didn't enjoy it as much as Raw but I think it was because there was a lot of introductory stuff going on. I'm pretty sure once things get up and running I'll get into it. Roll on Raw.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...ml#post9608810
2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote