Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

View Single Post

Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

2.0 2.0
Default Re: WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

Thanks to cocobware and NotTheRealOwen for your comments. I guess I could do a predictions contest for Backlash although you'll probably be the only one who does it lol. I figure this is my lot for SD so I'm just going to post some news and notes to keep things rolling while I work on Raw. I should have a preview up in a couple of days.

WWE.COM
Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!

WWE.COM can exclusively reveal that at Backlash, CM Punk and The Big Show will square off in one-on-one competition! Since Wrestlemania, both superstars have found themselves on opposing ends of what is turning out to be a heated rivalry. Big Show brutally attacked Punk after his victory over the big man the week prior. This led to a retaliation attack by Punk the next week on Raw. With the match now set for Backlash, The Straight Edge Master and The World's Largest Athlete will finally get the change to settle their differences. Can Punk continue the momentum of his Money in the Bank victory at Wrestlemania? Or will Show be too big of a challenge? WWE Backlash comes to you live from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis on April 26th. Call your local cable subscriber for details!

A rivalry reignited!

After John Cena barged into the World Heavyweight Champions locker room on Friday night demanding a match with or without the title on the line, a backstage brawl erupted between the pair. When finally separated by officials and referees, The Rated R Superstar made the challenge, the CeNation Commander accepted and our main event for Monday night was set – John Cena vs. Edge in a non-title bout! Who will come out on top in this huge match? Tune in to Monday Night Raw to find out!

pwinsider.com
Quote:
The Backlash card is now starting to take shape with HBK vs. The Undertaker, Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy and now CM Punk vs. The Big Show recently added. Word has it that both Rey Mysterio and MVP will defend their titles. One source tells us that Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are possible opponents along with some sort of multi man match. Speaking of championships, the big question over the weekend is still what is going to happen with both World Titles. Randy Orton, Edge, John Cena and Batista are all involved with each other in storylines and one would expect some combination of the four to make up both main events. Several sources have confirmed to us that Cena will face Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship while Batista will face Orton for the WWE Championship. These matches are expected to be announced within the week.

Even more rumors are swirling about who the GM’s of each show are going to be. Some within the company actually feel that Chris Jericho will be named as one given his current displeasure with the lack of authority on the show. As well as Jericho, the usual suspects of Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman and Shane McMahon have been thrown around more than ever. Whoever they are, it is expected that they will be revealed before the draft on April 27th.

Creative and more importantly, Vince McMahon, are said to be very pleased with the reaction to CM Punk. His fan reactions since Wrestlemania have been getting consistently louder and with such names as John Cena, Batista, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker appearing on each show, Punk is receiving semi-equal pops. Our sources say that he is in for a huge push, possibly even until next year’s Wrestlemania where he will cash in the Money in the Bank and become a World Champion.

Some injury news now, Umaga and Mr. Kennedy, two names that have been out on the injured list are making strides and are set to return soon. McMahon is high on both and pushes are also expected for them whatever show they may end up on.

And finally some big news, it is being reported that Kurt Angle has been in talks with WWE personnel about a return to the company. However, his contract with TNA doesn’t expire until the summer so nothing is set to happen anytime soon.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...ml#post9608810
2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote