Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

2.0 is an after thought2.0 is an after thought
Default Re: WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

WWE Friday Night Smackdown
April 17th 2009
River Center – Baton Rouge, LA

‘Animal Kingdom’

Just four days after the shock return of Batista on Monday Night Raw, Smackdown comes to you live tonight from the rocking River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! An opening promo hypes the main event of John Cena and CM Punk vs. Randy Orton and Edge scheduled to take place on Raw. The focus quickly shifts to Big Show’s assault on Punk as he is left lying on the ground in pain. A sudden change of music highlights the danger John Cena is in by deciding to go it alone. But just before Orton is set to punt him into oblivion the screen goes dark. Only the cheers of the fans in the Cajundome can be heard until a fiery image of Batista bursts onto the screen with his pyro shooting off high into the sky behind him. The music changes to a much more upbeat and triumphant tone as Batista rushes the ring. Finally the package ends with The Animal standing tall with both World Titles in his grasp.

**Friday Night Smackdown Intro Video**

Right off the bat JR is going all sorts of crazy in the announce booth as he runs over Batista’s return and makes it out to be the best thing that’s ever happened in the history of the world while Cole can’t help but agree. We get a wide shot of the packed River Center before the camera turns to the tron.

**I WALK ALONE**

Batista is first out tonight to an absolutely MEGA pop. The Animal looks all fired up as his pyro explodes behind him before he walks to the ring.

BA-TIS-TA! BA-TIS-TA!

Eventually deciding to talk over the fans as they won’t let him speak, Batista let’s everybody know how good it feels to be back. “I rehabbed and rehabbed AND REHABBED MY ASS OFF TO GET BACK IN THIS RING!” He speaks about the injury to his head at the hands of Randy Orton all those months ago, how he had to learn how to function again. “I even considered hanging them up for good. But that very night I sat in my house and I watched as you punted Shane in the head and then RKO’d Stephanie. I watched as Hunter ran to the ring to tend to his wife and I sat there with a smile on my face because I knew he’d kick your ass from here to God damn China for what you had done!” A distant expression covers his face as he pauses for a moment. “But you only became more sick and twisted, Randy and now look where we are, huh? You put the entire McMahon family out of action and you took the WWE Championship with a punt to the head of Triple H. I know what he’s going through because I went through the exact same thing at your hand, Randy! At your hand! You did what I never thought you would be able to do…..you took out The Game.” The fans are pouring serious heat as Batista talks about the injuries of his friend. “As every week passed and we got closer and closer to Wrestlemania I could feel myself getting stronger, getting better. I only wish I was fit to return two weeks ago because believe me, the Wrestlemania main event would have turned out very differently had I been there to even things out. But that’s all in the past. On Monday I returned and I put everybody on notice, Batista is BACK and you can bet your ass I’m coming for a World Title! I don’t care if it’s you, Orton or Edge, but I WILL become Champion again. Whatever one of you’s got the balls to come out here and confront me, DO IT!” All eyes are on the tron as the fans anxiously await the arrival of one of the World Champions. A few moments pass and no one appears.

**MY TIME IS NOW**

With almost an equal size reaction to the man in the ring, John Cena bursts onto the stage and jovially makes his way to the ring. The fans are on their feet as the two biggest superstars since the Attitude Era stand in the ring face to face. Some of Cena’s cheers have disintegrated in to boos as the older fans begin to side with The Animal. Cena sticks out his hand and welcomes the other man back. “I know, I know, I’m not who you were hoping to come out right now but I just had to. You see, Dave, I wanted to welcome you home but I also wanted to say thanks. If you hadn’t come out when you did, well, I don’t think things would have turned out too good for me. So thank yo……..”

“Don’t. Don’t thank me, John. I didn’t return on Raw so I could help you. To be honest, I couldn’t give a crap if you get punted.” A loud cheer sounds around the arena from the male contingent of fans who are more than happy at Batista’s confrontational attitude with Cena. John tilts his head as a curious expression crosses his face and Batista continues. “I returned on Raw, I picked my spot because I wanted to make an impact. In one night I had both World Champions running scared and I want my title shot TO-NIGHT!”

“Well if you want a title shot and considering the fact that my number one contenders match was ruined by Edge, I want one too! Orton! Edge! Both of you get your asses out here! One of you can face Dave Batista tonight and the other can face me for whatever championship you got!” A HUGE pop rings out for that announcement as once again all eyes turn to the tron. When it becomes clear that nobody is coming, heavy boos start to spread around the River Center and they only get louder at the sound of a certain theme song.

**BREAK THE WALLS DOWN**

The one and only, Chris Jericho saunters out to the stage to great heat. He isn’t who anybody wants to see right now and he knows it.

“Hold on a second, hold on!” Cena says as soon as the music has died down. “Didn’t you say you were going on strike, Jericho? What the hell are you doing here?”

“Well, John, I’m here because I couldn’t stomach listening to either of your hypocrisy any longer. You see, you have had countless championship opportunity after opportunity and you have blown every single one. You lost your title in the Elimantion Chamber, you lost at Wrestlemania, you lost the next night on Raw and you almost got punted in the head, Monday night! Yet with all that you’re still out here demanding another title shot?” Jericho paces around the ramp. “And you, Batista, you’re not even back a week yet and already you’re demanding title shots too? What madness is this? What about Chris Jericho? What about my title shot?” Jericho ignores the boos from the fans and frowns as both Cena and Batista pace in the ring, seemingly not the least bit concerned about his question. “You don’t care? This is exactly what I’m going on strike for. There is no authority in this company anymore and it is ridiculous! Whoever can toot their own horn the loudest wins. Well, I’ve had enough! I…….”

Batista has had enough too. “Listen, Jericho, I don’t have time to listen to your damn whining.” Big pop for that as Cena agrees. “If Orton and Edge aren’t going to come out here then I have no problem in walking up that ramp and shutting your mouth so me and all these people don’t have to listen to you anymore!”

Jericho screws his face up and is just about to respond when suddenly the noise level in the arena rises. Out of nowhere Legacy hit the ring in an ambush attack. The Baton Rouge fans boo heavily as Orton, Rhodes and DiBiase stomp all over the two men in the ring. Orton starts directing traffic, calling for Batista to be lifted so he can prepare for the RKO. But The Animal effortlessly shrugs Cody off and immediately hits a crushing Spinebuster on the WWE Champion! The River Center erupts as Orton hits the mat and rolls out of the ring. Rhodes is tossed over after him and is quickly followed by DiBiase who lands hard on top of his partner at the hands of John Cena. The two baby faces pace around the ring to the sound of cheers, watching as Legacy retreat up the ramp yet still quite wary of each other too as the cameras cut to the back where Todd Grisham is standing by with Jeff Hardy.

Jeff says that he doesn’t know why his brother keeps attacking him and at this point he doesn’t care. If he wants to fight then Jeff will fight. The Enigma issues a challenge for Backlash to a great cheer which only grows louder when Jeff announces that it will be a Steel Cage Match! “This way you can’t run, Matt, you can’t run away and we will settle this thing once and for all!” Jeff stalks off as the NEXT graphic appears on the screen before the show cuts to commercial.

COMMERCIAL

**NO MORE WORDS**

Jeff Hardy dances onto the stage to a huge ovation. The crowd is covered in his signature armbands and several kids have their faces painted Hardy style. Jeff hops onto the second turnbuckle and gives his famous pose while the fans continue to go wild.

**THIS AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE**

One half of the Unified Tag Team Champs, John Morrison is set for action right now but his tag partner isn’t far behind as The Miz accompanies his pal to the ring. The duo is receiving a great deal more heat since the start of their Quest for Competition just last week and the River Center are all over them tonight.

Match 1
John Morrison w/The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy

The climax of the match saw Jeff on an absolute roll with his offence. After a direct to the face Whisper in the Wind, Jeff planted Morrison with a sit down face buster. The fans came alive as the Enigma took to the ropes, signaling for the Swanton Bomb to a huge cheer. However, once again the proceedings were interrupted by none other than Matt Hardy who hit the ring and shoved Jeff off the turnbuckle.

Winner – No Contest

The Hardy brothers started to brawl in the ring while Morrison slowly rolled to the outside. Matt threw his brother into the ropes and lowered his head only to be hit right in the jaw by a sit down dropkick. Matt stumbled back towards the ropes and was sent flying over to the ground by a clothesline. He joined both Miz and Morrison on the outside. All three men banded together in an attempt to straighten up until Jeff Hardy came sailing over the top rope and landed on everybody in sight. The River Center erupted with HARDY chants as Jeff struggled to his feet. He pointed down to each man before making the gun shape with his hand and raised it to his mouth to the delight of the Louisiana fans as things cut to the back.

The camera pans from the ground up to reveal Rey Mysterio warming up for his match later tonight with the WWE Champion, Randy Orton. Rey suddenly turns to his right as MVP appears in the shot to a great reaction from inside the arena. MVP assures Rey that he has his back when it comes to Legacy tonight. Rey shakes his hand and tells him not to worry, he has his back too. They won’t let Legacy play their games.

From the backstage area we cut to a recap video of the events of the Undertaker/Shawn Michaels feud that have happened since Wrestlemania. Shawn is shown walking down a hallway in the back and he receives a great reaction as the NEXT graphic appears on the screen and we fade to the Backlash commercial.

Narrator: The time of the immortals has passed…

**Glimpses of Wrestlemania are shown in quick flashes**

Narrator: The victors have reveled in their glory

**Shots of CM Punk holding up the briefcase followed by Miz and Morrison with Tag Title Gold**

Narrator: But now….

**A collage of images start to flash across the screen getting quicker and quicker – Jericho after his victory, The Undertaker going 17-0, Edge sneaking to victory to retain the World Title**

Narrator: Comes…

**We see the events that occurred in the WWE Championship match and the tragedy inflicted on the McMahon’s and Triple H without actually seeing the perpetrator until…**

Narrator: THE BACKLASH!

**Finally an image of Randy Orton explodes onto the screen. His expression is cold and his eyes lifeless as the image pulls further and further away to darkness**

Narrator: WWE Backlash, live on Pay Per View, Sunday April 26th!

COMMERCIAL

**LONGHORN**

The self-professed Wrestling God arrives in his usual white limousine to huge heat from the River Center. He ignores every single fan on the way to ringside and climbs inside with a smile on his face as he looks to the heavens and holds out his arms.

**I THINK I’M CUTE….I KNOW I’M SEXY**

The arena erupts for the Heart Break Kid as he half dances, half walks his way to the middle of the ramp and drops to his knees, the loud pyro shooting high above him into the air. He continues his way to the ring and stands across from JBL inside.

Match 2
Shawn Michaels vs. JBL

This was a curious match-up that suggested that just maybe, The Undertaker had gotten inside HBK’s head. Several times throughout the match, Mr. Wrestlemania hesitated or downright screwed up which gave JBL an overwhelming advantage. However, finding something deeper, Shawn managed to turn things around and after two atomic drops and a scoop slam, headed to the top rope for his patented elbow drop. But suddenly everything went dark and the ever ominous GONG of The Undertaker filled the arena. The lights flashed back on to reveal JBL stumbling into the ropes and Shawn falling down hard. They quickly flashed off again with the sound of another GONG before the lighting was restored for good. The fans gasped in shock as Shawn struggled to his feet onto to be absolutely clobbered by the Clothesline from Hell. His head smacked against the mat and JBL made the immediate cover for the three count victory.

Winner – JBL

After the match, JBL is on his feet getting his hand raised in victory while HBK lies on the mat holding his head and neck in pain. Bradshaw finally exits the ring and the camera zooms in on his defeated opponent who is now sitting slightly up in the ring and shaking his head. Shawn’s face tells a story of dejection, defeat and quite possibly……doubt?

JR and Cole hype up the fact that The Deadman is indeed playing mind games with HBK and succeeding very well as the camera cuts to Todd Grisham who is standing by with The Big Show. Show receives HUGE heat as he stands there with a shit eating grin on his face. Todd asks how he feels about his main event match with the newly returned Batista tonight. Suddenly the big man’s smile drops. He says he’ll get to Batista in a minute but first he wants to talk about CM Punk. Great pop for the mention of the Money in the Bank holder that causes Show to frown. “Oh that’s right. You people can cheer all you want but word is that Punk isn’t here tonight.” Boos. “And you wanna know why? It’s because I destroyed him, Monday night on Raw!” Even louder boos. “Punk thinks that because he won Money in the Bank that that makes him something? Let me tell ya right now, Punk, you’re nothing and I proved that when I beat your ass on Raw. As for Batista, I have absolutely NO problem giving you the same treatment. I’m just sorry that I’m going to ruin your big return……….actually, I’m not sorry at all.” After an evil grin, Show shoves the mic back into Todd’s chest, practically sending the younger man flying backwards and stalks off.

COMMERCIAL

**PRICELESS**

Ted DiBiase arrogantly strolls to the ramp to heavy boos and surprisingly, he is alone. Ted makes everybody aware of this fact by motioning around him for the absent Cody before getting inside the ring and yelling for MVP to get his ass out there already! There is a pause for a few moments, the fans getting antsy until…

**I’M COMIN**

A bigger than usual cheer shakes the rafters for Mr. 305, MVP as he bursts onto the entrance ramp. He soaks in the cheers, poses with his pyro and steps inside the ring as his music dies down and MVP chants start up in place of it.

Match 3
Ted DiBiase vs. MVP

Despite putting up a brave effort, not having his comrade at ringside seemed to be the biggest factor in DiBiase’s game plan for the night. The second generation superstar, after a failed attempt at the Dream Street found himself on the receiving end of the Playmaker. MVP made the cover for the victory and got his win back from Monday night to the delight of the Baton Rouge fans.

Winner – MVP

However, his victory is very short lived for no sooner has the referee raised his arm in victory, Cody Rhodes makes his second appearance of the night and explodes into the ring from somewhere at ringside for another ambush attack. Cody’s tackle takes them both to the ground and they scuffle for leverage. It is Cody who ends up on top and he rains down hard punches before getting to his feet. A recovered Ted joins in and the Legacy boys go to work on the downed United States Champion. Suddenly a HUGE pop goes up for REY MYSTERIO as he makes good on his promise from earlier tonight and sprints to the ring. Rey jumps onto the top turnbuckle and launches himself off, taking both Ted and Cody down. Orton’s henchmen quickly high tail it out of the ring and recoup outside while Rey helps MVP to his feet.

The babyfaces celebrate in the ring as the camera shifts, once again, back to Todd Grisham who is standing by with……….JOHN CENA! The appearance of the CeNation Commander brings about its usual split reaction but Cena shrugs it off and slaps Todd heartily on the back. Before Todd can speak Cena pulls the mic to his mouth and shakes his head. He says that the Legacy boys are all over Smackdown while he has nothing to do! “I have no scheduled match, I didn’t get my title match when I made the challenge earlier tonight, I can’t fight Chris Jericho because he’s on strike, I can’t fight Big Show because he’s going to get his ass whopped by Dave Batista, I can’t fight Randy Orton because he’s got a match with Rey Mysterio and I can’t fight Edge because…..WAIT A MINUTE, HOLD THE PHONE, JOSH!” Todd meekly interrupts and tries to correct the other man but it’s to no use. Cena’s eyes have grown wide and he holds his hands out enthusiastically. “Edge has nothing to do tonight…I have nothing to do tonight! I think I just might have solved this problem. Come on!” Cena walks off, Todd shrugs his shoulders and follows him with the camera crew right behind them. Cena strolls down the hallway and comes across a few empty locker rooms until he stops suddenly. A great cheer goes up from inside the arena as the camera zooms in on the nameplate on the door; Edge. Without knocking Cena bursts right in, almost giving the World Heavyweight Champion a heart attack! Edge jumps to his feet and holds up his hands.

“What do you want, Cena?”

“Well, seeing as you didn’t answer my challenge earlier tonight I’d figure I’d come and ask you personally,” Cena says. “So, how about it? You…me…for the World Heavyweight Championship TONIGHT!” Edge shakes his head causing the fans to boo and Cena to frown. He asks for just a regular match then without the title on the line. Once again Edge says no. “I don’t have to do anything now get the hell out of my locker room, Cena!” John removes his cap and scratches his head. He hands it over to Todd who takes it without question and quietly moves out of the way, already guessing what’s coming next. Cena shrugs his shoulders. “I thought you might say that. But still………sucks to be you.”

As soon as the words are out of his mouth he immediately lunges towards the Rated R Superstar sending them both flying backwards into the sofa. The River Center erupts as the two men brawl all over the damn room! All too soon however, officials and referees burst inside to break things off much to the displeasure of the fans. With half of them holding him back, Edge shouts across the room. “YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME SO BADLY, JOHN?”

“YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I DO!” Cena yells back while getting held by the other half of the officials.

“YOU GOT IT GOD DAMMIT! THIS MONDAY, RAW!”

The Baton Rouge fans erupt for that announcement as a HUGE matchup is set in stone for the next edition of Raw! With both men staring a hole through each other the camera fades away.

**Shots of CM Punk holding up the briefcase followed by Miz and Morrison with Tag Title Gold**

**A collage of images start to flash across the screen getting quicker and quicker – Jericho after his victory, The Undertaker going 17-0, Edge sneaking to victory to retain the World Title**

**We see the events that occurred in the WWE Championship match and the tragedy inflicted on the McMahon’s and Triple H without actually seeing the perpetrator until…**

**Finally an image of Randy Orton explodes onto the screen. His expression is cold and his eyes lifeless as the image pulls further and further away to darkness**

COMMERCIAL

We’re back and straight into a recap of what just transpired between Edge and John Cena. JR and Cole hype what has now been confirmed as the main event for Raw next week, a non-title bout between the pair. From here focus shifts to another brawl that occurred earlier tonight, that of Matt and Jeff. Cole confirms their match for Backlash and they will face off in a Steel Cage Match.

Things move backstage once again to the Legacy locker room where Ted and Cody are still fuming over Ted’s loss to MVP earlier in the night. While they pace back and forth, Randy Orton just sits in the corner, seemingly not even paying attention until he gets to his feet and the talking stops. He looks between the two men before clenching his jaw and looking straight ahead. “My match with Rey Mysterio is up next………..let me show you how it’s done.” He walks between them and for the door and they automatically go to follow him until he stops, turns and tells them to stay back here and learn. JR hypes that the match is coming our way NEXT!

**A black screen appears as two thunderous lightning bolts, one red and one blue appear at either side of the screen.**

Narrator: The landscape…

**The thunder bolts start to gain more power, buzzing and zapping around as they grow in size.**

Narrator: Is about…

**The bolts grow even bigger and are now going crazy on their respective side of the screen. Flashing images of WWE Superstars start to zip all over the place.**

Narrator: To change…

**Suddenly the two bolts burst from each side of the screen and ram right into one another in a great blue and red explosion. The WWE Draft logo erupts from the middle.**

Vince McMahon Voiceover: It’s time to shake things up again!

Narrator: The WWE Draft! A 3 hour special of Monday Night Raw, LIVE, April 27th at 9/8ct on USA!

**BOOYAKA BOOYAKA**

A loud blast of pyro and a great response from the Baton Rouge fans accompany Rey Mysterio as he appears on the entrance ramp with his Intercontinental Title strapped around his waist. He stops to interact with some fans on his way to the ring before hitting the ropes to a loud cheer. There is a long pause and all eyes turn to the tron as we await the arrival of the WWE Champion.

**I HEAR VOICES**

The River Center erupts with MEGA heat for Randy Orton who ever so slowly and methodically walks onto the stage and then further on down to the ring. His eyes are cold as he climbs on to the middle turnbuckle and emphatically raises his title in the air to immense heat. After soaking in the boos for a moment he steps down and hands the title over before locking eyes with Mysterio across the ring. Both Cole and JR hype the shit out of this match. It’s IC Champion vs. WWE Champion and it’s happening RIGHT NOW!

Match 4
Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio

This match turned out to be a twenty minute classic in the making that had the entire house on its feet. Both Orton and Mysterio traded the advantage throughout the duration of the match before it finally fell to Orton for the home stretch. He threw Rey into the ropes and hit a thunderous powerslam for a 2 ¾ count! Showing no signs of frustration, The Viper pulled Rey to his feet and nailed a vicious uppercut, sending the smaller man back into the corner. Hoisting him up onto the middle turnbuckle, Orton grabbed his head between his arm and mid-section, his intentions clear as his eyes grew wide with venom. But he was unable to land the patented DDT. Rey, in desperation, managed to remove his foot from the rope and land a kick to the lower leg. Orton loosened his grip and Rey landed another…and another, finally sending Orton backwards. The Ultimate Underdog pulled himself to the top rope and launched himself off, landing a beautiful cross body to a huge pop. Quickly rolling off, Mysterio once again went to the top rope, looking to hit a big splash but in a magicians move, Orton found it in him somewhere and leaped off the mat, catching Rey in midair for a fucking sick RKO! Despite their dislike towards him, the fans could only pop in appreciation of the spectacular move as the WWE Champion made the cover and won a very hard fought match.

Winner – Randy Orton

The cheers for the awesome RKO very quickly turned to boos as Orton got to his feet with one arm grasping his ribs and the other raised high in the air by Mike Chioda. He suddenly shoved Chioda away and motioned to the ramp with his arm. “NOW!” he yelled, causing temporary confusion amongst JR and Cole until for the third time tonight, Legacy ran to the ring for what appeared to be another ambush. Ted and Cody hit the ring and all three Legacy members stood around Mysterio who was only just now getting to his feet. Without a seconds notice, all three men pounced, landing swift and hard kicks all over. They continued the beat down until a great cheer went up for MVP as he sprinted to the ring and immediately took down DiBiase. Rhodes and Orton were instantly on him and soon enough, the numbers game came into play. Orton ordered the Cross Rhodes on MVP while DiBiase hit the Dream Street on Mysterio. The fans booed the holy hell out of the three men in the ring as Orton was handed his WWE Championship. He grabbed the arms of his two young protégées and together, they raised their arms high in the air, Rhodes and DiBiase smiling confidently while Orton stood in the middle, his face emotionless.

From one heartless superstar to another, the camera fades away from the ring and to what appears to be a graveyard. Everything is dark with only the slightest hint of light. Out of the smoke, The Undertaker appears, his hat low over his eyes. The camera slowly zooms out to show Taker standing beside a grave marked number one. He starts to walk along and we see that he is walking beside a whole stretch of graves in ascending numerical order. “No names……………No faces……….Just numbers. My favorite number?” Taker has now stopped and the camera pans down to show the grave marked number seventeen. It slowly moves back to his face which has now been revealed under the brim of his hat to show an evil smile. Taker starts laughing, almost manically until he suddenly stops and rolls his eyes to the back of his head. A loud clap of thunder sounds in the background as the camera slowly shifts upwards and finally fades out with a shot of the moon.

COMMERCIAL

We are back at ringside with JR and Michael Cole who give us a rundown of the brief Backlash card thus far. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, No Holds Barred and Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy in a Steel Cage. They speculate over the World Title situation before giving a rundown of the night’s chaotic events ranging from the opening promo to Legacy’s interference all night long to Edge and John Cena’s confrontation backstage. From all this JR sends it back to Todd Grisham for the final time tonight and he is standing by with Batista!

Todd asks The Animal his thoughts on the events of the show. Batista chuckles and says that he forgot how crazy this place can be sometimes. He says that he will deal with The Legacy and Randy Orton later for what they did to him at the start of the show but right now he’s focused on his match later tonight. This will be his first time in the ring in months. Is he feeling nervous? A little. But he also feels excited and he’s ready to kick Big Show’s ass all over Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The fans pop huge for that statement as the camera drifts back to ringside, leaving an intense Batista to prepare for his match.

**REALITY**

The other half of the Unified Tag Team Champions is now set for action and he receives great heat as he prances his way to the ring with Morrison in tow. The tag champs are one for one tonight already and Miz is hoping to make it two for two.

**AIR BOURNE**

The high flying Evan Bourne gets a pretty decent pop from the fans upon arriving on the stage. He energetically makes his way to the ring and slips under the bottom rope. Miz immediately laughs him off and receives a swift kick to the leg for his troubles. The Chick Magnet didn’t like that one bit and the bell rings as Miz runs after Bourne and they’re off!

Match 5
The Miz w/John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne

With all the dirty tactics in the book, Miz pulled out the win putting his team two for two in what was essentially a handicap match. The fans booed the tactics to hell, much to the pleasure of the tag team champs who reveled in it afterwards. Morrison walked to the side of the ring and shouted over that next week on Raw they would reveal the next team on the list in their Quest for Competition!

Winner – The Miz

**A black screen appears as two thunderous lightning bolts, one red and one blue appear at either side of the screen.**

Narrator: The landscape…

**The thunder bolts start to gain more power, buzzing and zapping around as they grow in size.**

Narrator: Is about…

**The bolts grow even bigger and are now going crazy on their respective side of the screen. Flashing images of WWE Superstars start to zip all over the place.**

Narrator: To change…

**Suddenly the two bolts burst from each side of the screen and ram right into one another in a great blue and red explosion. The WWE Draft logo erupts from the middle.**

Vince McMahon Voiceover: It’s time to shake things up again!

Narrator: The WWE Draft! A 3 hour special of Monday Night Raw, LIVE, April 27th at 9/8ct on USA!

The cameras are out in the parking lot now and focused on a familiar white limousine. We see a suited JBL ordering the driver to pack his bags in the trunk. Bradshaw turns around to get inside the car and pulls up when he sees Jack Swagger standing in front of him. He asks what he wants and Swagger says that he admires his true American values and that they have a lot in common. He also says how he watched the match with Shawn Michaels earlier in the night and that it was a hard earned victory. JBL is all smiles and pats the younger man on the back, telling him to get into the limo where they can talk over a few things. Swagger happily gets inside and the pair drive off.

COMMERCIAL

Match 6
Number One Contender’s Match for Women’s Championship
Mickie James vs. Michelle McCool

Both girls went at it hard, both wanting to be the number one contender but it was Michelle McCool who came up with the victory after a run in from Maryse. When the match was over the French-Canadian proceeded to mock Mickie, then kicked her in the gut before walking away leaving everybody confused.

Winner – Michelle McCool

JR and Cole give some hype for the main event and talk over a split screen of Batista and Big Show walking in the back as the show heads to the final commercial of the night.

COMMERCIAL

**WEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL IT’S THE BIG SHOW**

Pyro shoots high into the air signaling the arrival of the World’s Largest Athlete. Show plods to the ring looking all sorts of angry and JR ponders just what it is that has gotten into him lately, especially following his attacks on Christian and CM Punk on Raw that have left both unable to compete tonight. Show is now in the ring and glaring at the fans at ringside.

**I WALK ALONE**

The River Center erupts for the second arrival of The Animal tonight. Batista is all fired up from the looks of things as he practically jumps around on the ramp and poses for the pyro behind him. He locks eyes with Big Show outside the ring, takes a beat and then slides inside going nose to nose with the big man.

Main Event
Batista vs. The Big Show

This truly was a battle of the behemoths as both of these huge superstars duked it out in the main event of the night. Show dominated early in but Batista’s fiery determination would not be denied. Show had The Animal cornered, landing clubbing blow after clubbing blow until Batista managed to lift a knee to the gut of the bigger man. With a scary show of strength, Batista literally shoved Big Show away with his hands. Show looked back at him, almost in shock and made a move to run towards him again but The Animal EXPLODED out of the corner and hit a huge spear that took both men over to the other side of the ring! The fans went wild and were ready to count the three but the ref stopped………Show’s foot was luckily under the ropes. Batista got back to his feet and shook the ropes wildly while the River Center soaked it in. He gave the thumbs down to a huge roar and stalked Show, finally grabbing him when he got back to his feet and attempting the Batista Bomb. But the bigger man was just too heavy and could not be lifted. Show forced his way out of the other man’s grasp and clamped his hand down for a chokeslam. He actually had Batista up and in the air but he broke free, landed back on his feet and drilled through Show with a second SPEAR! This time it was too much and to the delight of everybody in the arena, Batista won his first match back in action.

Winner – Batista

Big Dave celebrated on the right hand turnbuckle before exiting the ring without much fanfare. He stood at the top of the ramp and smiled as Big Show fumed in the ring before disappearing to the back. Show managed to get up to one knee before the roof blew off at the sight of CM PUNK jumping the barricade, briefcase in hand. He slid into the ring behind Show and climbed onto the middle rope, his Money in the Bank briefcase poised to strike. The big man eventually turned around and Punk launched himself off the ropes, whacking the other man right in the head with the metal weapon to a huge pop from the fans. Punk stood over the fallen Show and once again held the briefcase high in the air to another loud cheer as This Fire Burns played out the end of the show.

END SHOW

Quick Results
John Morrison vs. Jeff Hardy ended in No Contest
JBL def. Shawn Michaels
MVP def. Ted DiBiase
Randy Orton def. Rey Mysterio
The Miz def. Evan Bourne
Michelle McCool def. Mickie James
Batista def. The Big Show

BACKLASH CARD

‘One More Time’
No Holds Barred