Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#3,206 ·
I watched Ohio Hatchet Wrestling: Death in the Valley 2010 (deathmatch tournament) 2 days ago.
Man the start of the show is so slow. It was incredibily boring to watch. The following contains spoilers btw, in case anyone wants to watch this show.

ROUND 1
Toby Klein vs. Elkview Adam vs. Super Oprah – Thumbtacks and Jacks Match

There was really only 1 time they went into the thumbtacks I think, very boring match, nothing noteworthy happened, as a comedy match it also failed.

David Day vs. JC Bailey vs. John Thorne – Barbedwire TLC
I love JC Bailey but even he couldn't make this an entertaining match, again very boring, almost fell asleep.

Viper vs. Bildo vs. WHACKS – Pits Of Hell
Pits of Hell consisted of Kiddie Pools filled with Broken beer bottles/Salt/Lemon Juice/Barbedwire/Broken Light tubes

I strongly dislike Viper and Bildo made such an impression on me that I really cant recall who the hell he actually was. WHACKS was good as usual, a better match then the previous 2 but still nothing special.

Freakshow vs. Drake Younger – Light Tube Boards
This was a pretty decent match, had some nice spots in it. Drake Younger is one of my favorites in the deathmatch scene, and Freakshow can usually put on a good match too.

Non-Tournament Match – Zac Vincent vs. Phil Macchio
Zac Vincent looks like a little bitch and even though he moves pretty good in the ring this match really had me bored (likely due to the fact I dont know Phil, I dont like Zac, and I wanted a deathmatch instead of a normal match)

ROUND 2
Elkview Adam vs. Drake Younger – Fans Bring The Weapons

From here the tournament really begins to pick up. I hadnt seen much of Elkview Adams work (only saw his match with Danny Havoc at KOTDM 2009 where Danny's blade sliced Adams cheek) but he didnt dissapoint in this match.

WHACKS vs. JC Bailey – 100 Carpet Strips Match
It was a good match, nothing groundbreaking but it had some hardhitting action in it, I expected a bit more from these two (especially JC Bailey) but it was enjoyable nontheless.

FINALS
Drake Younger vs. JC Bailey – 40 Panes of Glass Scaffolding Match
The finals, the main event, a 40 Panes of Glass Scaffolding Match. This was absolutely barbaric. A great match, both of them really stepped it up. Youngers back looked awfull after going through so many panes of glass. (there were only 25 or so panes used btw).
This match was definitely the highlight of the night. The only thing I didnt like was the ending. The scaffold pretty much added nothing, and the one time they used it, it looked really akward and fake. Other then that a great match.

Overall it was a decent tournament, I've seen many better tournaments (mainly the first half of the tournament drags the overall down) but it was enjoyable for what it was, my rating would be between a 7.0 and 7.5

#3,213 ·
Sami Callihan makes Adam Cole look like 2004 Samoa Joe in comparison.

#3,215 ·
unsure where to post this so will attempt it here, strong rumours that Finlay wrestled Dick Togo at the Redensberg show in Germany as part of a double shot of shows he did in the space of a few days. The official results haven't been released yet so its only a very strong rumour but if it got substantial time and was taped we could be looking at a possible MOTYC.

#3,217 ·
Yeah he's on some european tour at present after retiring a few months back, wrestled James Mason in Liverpool a few weeks back. Anyways he wrestled the night before and Finlay beat some uknown guy in what was said to be a very good 13 minute match. Some guy over at WKO though said there was a strong indication both men were booked against each other the following night in Redensberg (the first show was in Hannover or somewhere). Like I said though just got to wait for a) results to surface online and b) hope the match was taped if it indeed happened.

#3,220 ·
Togo/Finlay? Hole! Lee! Shit!

Btw, Finlay as a freelancer in Japan is my wet dream:

vs. Takayama
vs. Kenskay
vs. Shiozaki
vs. Sugiura
vs. KENTA
vs. Akiyama
vs. Nagata
vs. SHINGO
vs. MiSu
vs. Morishima

Yeah!

#3,224 ·
Was this in wXw on the same tour because I know Togo wrestled Marty Scrull last week or the week before and he's supposed to go back in Nov. for his German retirement match.

#3,234 ·
The 2 TV Tapings had matches announced before hand.

Chicago got Lethal vs Generico, WGTT vs KOW, and Davey vs Roddy announced.

And Louisville got Bennett vs Lethal, Bravados vs Young Bucks, Wolves vs House of Truth, and i'm thinking WGTT vs C&C Wrestling Factory. I have no idea why no matches have been announced yet for Louisville when the Colinsville card is almost complete. Im just happy Generico will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.