Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion

116K views 1K replies 261 participants last post by  izzie 
#1 · (Edited)

There's always something going on Superstars that catches people's attention and a few topics pop up, so it shouldn't hurt to make an actual thread for this great weekly wrestling show on WWE.COM (formerly WGN America).

Some thoughts on the 5/19 episode:

- Hayes and Kidd's relationship gets interesting. Is this the end already, or was it all just tough love? Really looking forward to everything this angle brings. Why they aren't doing this on the actual show baffles me.

- When Hawkins and Ryder came out, it looked and felt as if they were never separated in the first place: such a natural duo. Hawkins eating the Cobra was very disappointing (though he sold it like a champ, as always). Why was the one team with even that slight momentum and relevance NOT the winner (especially without any post-match shenanigans)?

- Main event was AWESOME. Drew knows the psychological game better than a lot and is the most underrated in-ring maestro right now. I could watch him go all day long. It's a disgrace not to have him on tv and build him up.

See less See more
#38 ·
re: Official General Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Superstars is a great show to watch if you enjoy actual matches. It almost every week has the best or 2nd best match of the week for WWE. I love watching especially seeing guys I almost never see on RAW or SD. and Armando Estrada is back!

#41 ·

Santino/Ryder was great, I love comedy matches done right. It really highlighted these guys' comedic abilities, and it's a shame that segments like this, as well as awesome matches like Kidd/Barreta are relegated to the modern day Heat.

#43 ·

We're getting another Kidd-Barreta match. Kidd apparently changed his manager to Matt Striker. Wtf is going on?
First I misread that he changed his name to Matt Striker. fpalm

But yeah, what the fuck? Estrada didn't exactly impress me on his return last week, but it was obviously rust. I'm now convinced that they have zero idea where they're trying to go with Kidd.

#46 ·

So... what are the matches for this week? Any Ryder?
Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barreta
Gabriel and Slater vs Uso Brothers
Gail Kim vs Melina
Otunga and McGillicutty vs Santino and Koslov

4 match shows generally suck due to less time for each match. Hopefully the singles matches will be good.

#47 · (Edited)

Here is how I rank the matches number 1 being the best and number 3 the boring match.

1)Usos vs Corre: Really good tag team match, Usos did real good.

2)Trent Barreta vs Tyson Kidd: Good match, but not as good as the other bouts.

Tied

2)Melina Vs Gail Kim: Good Divas match

3)Santino/Koslov vs Nexus:Match was too short, plus the usual comedy slow paced match.

#48 ·

Superstars was ok this week - lots of Tag-team action.

Kidd w. Stryker v, Trent was a 3/5 match IMO. Shorter and not as intense as all their previous encounters. I would have to say that Stryker is the perfect fit as a manager for Kidd - he is actually smaller than him, which Estrada and MH wasn't. Hopefully this duo stays together, as it'll mean more Stryker promo's

Corre / Usos - first time I was ever interested in an Uso match. Corre was good as usual. Slater sells like a champion and Gabriel wrestles like one. The Uso's were great as well - it is clear they need to be faces. Give em a bit of character and let them roll. 4/5 fun match

Melina / Gail - I don't watch diva matches, so I forwarded :) The ending looked good though.

Nexus v Santino / Kozlov - whenever McGillibuddy and Otunga is on my screen I fall asleep. Botchtastic match IMO. 1/5

Where's Zack Ryder??!!

#49 ·

Striker's doing Sweeney's super agent gimmick btw and he was far worse at it than Sweeney. I get that maybe it's a nice little tribute that Striker probably came up with himself but he really didn't do it justice. Oh yeah the "super agent" appeared on SD the day after as a backstage interviewer. Some super agent he is. Can't see him being back next week either.

#50 ·

Striker's doing Sweeney's super agent gimmick btw and he was far worse at it than Sweeney. I get that maybe it's a nice little tribute that Striker probably came up with himself but he really didn't do it justice. Oh yeah the "super agent" appeared on SD the day after as a backstage interviewer. Some super agent he is. Can't see him being back next week either.
I thought it was pretty great, especially the post-match promo. Felt so natural. But you're right, he should stick to being a manager from here on out. Anyone get a classy wiseguy vibe from him? I bet he had Estrada whacked before the show.

I'm giving it a thumbs up, hope to see him next week.

#51 ·

starship.paint said:
4 match shows generally suck due to less time for each match
Superstars was pretty "meh" this week.

Uso's put in a good, but not excellent performance.

Gail Kim sells her back a lot - and still performed her finisher, Eat Defeat, with no problem.

David Otunga is still the worst wrestler in the WWE.

#52 ·

Superstars was pretty "meh" this week.

Uso's put in a good, but not excellent performance.

Gail Kim sells her back a lot - and still performed her finisher, Eat Defeat, with no problem.

David Otunga is still the worst wrestler in the WWE.
What's with the tables at Superstars running better commentary than Raw or Smackdown?

#55 ·

I'm actually starting to like Striker and I really couldn't stand him before on commentary, looking forward to see where they go with Matt Striker being Tyson Kidds manager, hopefully he doesn't come out with another manager next week, although I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

#57 ·

Im liking the Tyson + Striker pairing. I hope he stays as his permanent "agent"

Striker needs to get Kidd some new opponents lol

Uso's match with Corre was pretty good

It sucks that they don't care about tag team wrestling, because the Usos are currently the best tag team in the WWE

Otunga is still pathetic

#58 ·

Santino/Kozlov/McGillicutty/Otunga was great for what it was, a simple short comedy match.

Kidd/Barretta was entertaining, but my least favourite of the lot. That said, I fucking love Striker's new role.

Melina/Gail Kim - I tend to avoid Divas matches when my missus is about.

Usos/Corre - The Usos need to turn face. It's clear they will have to e turned very soon. Good match none the less.

#59 ·

I'm starting to get the feeling this show should be its own brand. Y'know with like a world title, and midcard title etc.

The roster would be:

Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
JTG
Primo
Santino Marella
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Tyson Kidd
The Usos
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

#60 · (Edited)

I'm starting to get the feeling this show should be its own brand. Y'know with like a world title, and midcard title etc.
I wouldn't mind if it was its own brand... but it's own world title? That would be totally improbable.

Matches this week:
Chris Masters vs JTG (heel)
Gail Kim and Eve vs Maryse (!!!) and Melina
Yoshi Tatsu vs Tyson Kidd (with Vickie Guerrero)
and.. Mark Henry and Matt Striker cut a promo

Match Results SPOILERS: Masters, Melina, Maryse, Tatsu won.

Seriously, this manager storyline for Tyson Kidd is ridiculous.

#62 ·

Knew Striker would only be a one week thing. They obviously have no plans for Kidd, otherwise he'd get to debut a new manager on SD. Vickie is a random choice, obviously running out of choices for him now. Damn them for sticking with Hayes. Oh yeah ...

... Tatsu/Kidd!

#64 ·

I like the manager-storyline with Kidd. Mostly because Kidd is on the show every week because of it=)

#67 ·

Good to see Masters back on superstars, I always like his matches, even if it is JTG :no:
Looks like the standard of Kidd's managers is dropping each week. Praying Hayes comes back and takes him at least to the SmackDown midcard.

#68 ·

So JTG is heel now? Could WWE at least put the tiniest effort into setting things like this up? I know they don't care about anyone on this show, but a little continuity would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.