Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#3,057 ·
Website's a vast improvement. Still not perfect but much better.

One thing about the Ringside Members option is that it'll evolve, over time. The more shit that ends up on the site, the more value you're getting for your original money.

Final Battle ticker is a pretty cool feature.

#3,060 ·
Cornette announced on Observer Radio this week that ROH will soon release a new Briscoe Bros. compilation.

I have a question for Ringside Members - is EVERYTHING from ROH's library available throughout the various sections? Is the material available just a streaming, or is also for download? If retro DVDs are available, are they left uncut or is all the copyrighted music not cut out?

#3,062 ·
I signed up today. Here's what's available to watch in the Members area right now.

Complete ROH DVDs
Supercard of Honor 2
Driven 2007
Man Up
Allied Forces
Champions vs. All Stars

Best of American Wolves
vs. The Briscoes (Final Countdown Tour: Chicago)
vs. Tyler Black & Bryan Danielson (Tag Title Classic)
vs. Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe (2 out of 3 Falls) (The Homecoming II)
vs. Roderick Strong & Brent Albright (Insanity Unleashed)
& Chris Hero vs. Kevin Steen, El Generico & Bobby Dempsey (Stylin' & Profilin')
vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (Motor City Madness 2009)
vs. Jay Briscoe & Roderick Strong (Full Circle)

ROH Classics
Bryan Danielson vs. Donovan Morgan (Honor Invades Boston)
Scramble Match: The SAT, Amazing Red & Divine Storm defeated Special K (Joey Matthews, Deranged, Sim J, Izzy & Angeldust) (Scramble Madness)
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels (Scramble Madness)
Last 4 Minutes (???) of Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe (Glory By Honor)
Paul London vs. Michael Shane (Street Fight) (Unscripted)
Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe (Crowning a Champion)
Eddie Guerrero & Amazing Red vs. The SAT (Night of Appreciation)
Jay Briscoe vs. Spanky (Round Robin Challenge)
Complete Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk Trilogy

Best of Japan
KENTA vs. Roderick Strong (Throwdown)
The Briscoes vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima (Final Battle 2008)
Takeshi Morishima vs. Bryan Danielson (Fight Without Honor) (Final Battle 2008)
KENTA vs. Low Ki (Final Battle 2005)
Bryan Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji (Final Battle 2005)
CIMA vs. AJ Styles (Dragon Gate Invasion)
Curry Man vs. Shingo Takagi (Dragon Gate Invasion)
Dick Togo & Ikuto Hidaka vs. Christopher Danielson & Donovan Morgan (Unscripted)

Cages and More
The Briscoes vs. Necro Butcher & Tyler Black (Street Fight) (Can't find what show this is from)
Roderick Strong vs. Jack Evans (Cage Match) (Caged Rage)
Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Jay Briscoe, Erick Stevens & Ace Steel vs. Davey Richards, Tank Toland, Adam Pearce, Eddie Edwards & Bobby Dempsey (Steel Cage Warfare) (Caged Collision)
Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero (Cage Match) (Breakout)
Raven vs. CM Punk (Cage Match) (The Conclusion)

Women of Honor
Hiroyo Matsumoto & Ayumi Kurihara vs. Sara Del Rey and Serena Deeb (Honor Takes Center Stage - Chapter 1)
MsChif vs. Daizee Haze (Stylin' & Profilin')
MsChif vs. Sara Del Rey (9th Anniversary Show)
MsChif & Daizee Haze vs. Lacey & Allison Danger (Motor City Madness 2006)
Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze (Destiny)
Daizee Haze vs. Lacey (Breakout)

#3,063 ·
LUL at the thought of a classic Donovan Morgan match. He should team with his long-lost family member Matt to form Morgan Bros. Insomnia Curing Inc.

#3,064 ·
Haha. Anyway, I forgot to answer your other questions. These are available by stream, not download. And in past events, the music is not edited.

#3,068 ·
Is it the same quality as the actual DVDs delivered by mail?

#3,075 ·
King of Trios 2011 Night 3

King of Trios Semifinal Match:
The Osirian Portal vs. The Colony

The opening minutes set the tone of the match. They had a nice slow paced technical segment where neither team was able to establish control of the match, they were too evenly matched. As the match wore on and things picked up neither team was able to establish control of the match for an extended period of time. The match was really entertaining but the problem was the fact that they did so many moves that the general rules of probability were against them. There were a few ugly looking moves, but there were so many great looking ones. I understand why they booked this like they did. These are two of Chikara's top face (and home grown stables) the Colony won but they didn't look particularly better than the Portal as the match could have gone either way right until the end.

King of Trios Semifinal Match:
F.I.S.T. vs. Team Michinoku Pro

I love watching F.I.S.T. wrestle in Chikara, they are just so over as heels despite having two really likable guys like Taylor and Gargano on the team. The way this was worked was perfect. Michinoku Pro kicked ass at the start of the match, it looked like F.I.S.T. didn't have a chance until they started to cheat. From there we got a good control segment on Sasuke, F.I.S.T. got even more heat as they really only managed to keep control of the match by cheating. The ass kicking that F.I.S.T. gets is awesome to watch and they over the top antics they have to resort to in order to get the win makes this even more entertaining. Very old school in the way the heels were made to look but I liked that they did something different here.
***1/4

Jigsaw vs. Ultimate Spider Jr.

Ultimate Spider was a lot more impressive in his trios matches. There were some good moves and everything but this was severely lacking substance. After seeing all the other great matches that guys were putting together this just fell really short. Kind of just on the card to get both guys on the card.

Tag Team Gauntlet:

Willie Richardson & Acid Jazz vs. Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin vs. The Batiri vs. The Throwbacks vs. The B.D.K (Haze and Del Rey) vs. Matt Classic & Darkness Crabtree vs. The Roughnecks vs. Team Osaka Pro vs. 3.0 vs. Team Dragon Gate

Tough to rate as it was basically 8 or 9 tag matches in consecutive order. I know that I liked it because they constantly switched up what we were seeing in the ring so despite the fact that the match lasted well over a half hour it never got boring. BDK was awesome in this one, the way they are building Del Rey is fantastic. You also had the hilariousness of Matt Classic and Darkness Crabtree (Classic thought the BDK members were ring girls). Really liked the final two teams in the match as it was really cool to put a Dragon Gate Team in the ring with an Osaka Pro tag team and what they did in the ring was pretty awesome. Wish they hadn't screwed up the ending. So a rating is really hard but this was 40 minutes long and I was entertained the entire time so by that logic it has to get a pretty good rating.
***1/4

Manami Toyota vs. Madison Eagles

This was just a battle. Toyota really puts over Eagles just based on the fact that it take so much to keep Eagles down. This is the first time I've seen Madison and I was impressed. Madison's promo before the match really made it feel like something was at stake as she felt that she had to prove to herself that she was the best and the only way to that would be to beat Toyota. It was a little on the short side, I think with some more time they could have done something really special but very good nonetheless.
***1/4

Akira Tozawa vs. Eddie Kingston

They made each other look great. A more slower more deliberate pace but I had no problem with that. It took a lot to put Tozawa away and the way Kingston went about doing that was incredible to watch. Kingston reacts to everything perfectly, I can see why I've been hearing a lot of good things about his recent matches in Chikara. Reminded me of the Hero/Tozawa match from last year but with less craziness and a similar effect.
***1/2

Rey de Voladores Finals:
El Generico vs. The 1-2-3 Kid

At first I really didn't understand all the love that this match got as the few minutes really weren't anything special but as the match wore on this became something special. Basically they put the two of the best underdog babyfaces in wrestling in the ring against each other and they had a match with a lot of false finishes that kept you turn over who you actually wanted to win. Really incredible match and they got some incredible reactions from the Philly fans. The best of I've seen at the Arena since Danielson wrestled Shingo there. I would go higher had the beginning held my interest a little more.
****1/4

Awesome promo after the match from Waltman. I don't know if he's actually turned his life around but he seemed to be really touched by the reactions from the crowd. I've always though if him as scum but if he's really changed I hope nothing but the best for him.

King of Trios 2011 Finals:

F.I.S.T. vs. The Colony

Green Ant was turned into a star this weekend and this was the defining match for him. His arm was still hurt and looked like he would be the reason why the Colony lost the match but he ended up being the guy that got the pin. There was a great control segment where F.I.S.T. worked his arm and Green Ant sold it really well. There was also this series of moves when it looked like the Colony didn't have a chance at winning but they just kept fighting back. And the last few minutes you had no idea who was going to take it. The other thing that I loved was that F.I.S.T. remained heels the entire time despite the fact that they did a lot of awesome moves. Icarus is the perfect guy to have with Taylor and Gargano because he's so unlikable that he gets a ton of heat for the entire time. This might be my favorite match of the weekend, which is really saying something.
****1/4

A great show overall and just an unreal triple shot. The talent lineup created some match-ups that you won't see anywhere else and for the most part everything was entertaining. Some matches were hilarious and others were really emotional so there's something there for everybody. It's something that's worth going out of your way to see.

#3,080 ·
Likely a two-disc, I'd include:

vs. Punk & Cabana [7/23/2004]
vs. Strong & Evans [3/25/2006]
vs. Aries & Strong [8/12/2006]
vs. KOW [12/23/2006]
vs. Steen & Generico [2/17/2007]
vs. Sydal & Daniels [2/24/2007]
vs. Shingo & Doi [3/3/2007]
Jay vs. Mark [3/4/2007]
vs. MCMG [4/28/2007]
vs. Sydal & Claudio [5/12/2007]
vs. Steen & Generico [9/15/2007]
vs. Black & Jacobs [3/29/2008]
vs. Kensuke & Nakajima [12/27/2008]
vs. American Wolves [3/26/2010]
vs. KOW [6/19/2010]

#3,084 ·
Danielson's last matches in ROH with Hero and Aries are good, as are his matches in wXw his for the 16 Carat tournament against Bad Bones and the four-way the next night. Heel Danielson in Germany is great. And for tags you have him/Claudio/Dave Taylor vs. Quackenbush/Rivera/Johnny Saint in Chikara's King of Trios Night 2 or the Danielson/Black vs. American Wolves tag title match in ROH in Canada.

#3,085 ·
Yeah I'm not a great fan of him but I really dug that match, mainly because Dragon got pissed off with Black and tried to cripple him with submissions and teach the punk a lesson for thinking he belonged against the veteran of ROH. Plus the Bucklebomb spot got me to scream HOLY SHIT in disbelief.

Andy covered it in one of his Drink & Rambles in great depth and got me interested in watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.