Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #1548 (permalink)
Goku
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..

Goku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whoreGoku is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by i$e View Post
Incorrect. First point has been discussed at length if we're talking about metabolic rates. Refer to SS's post above for more about the relationship of calories & fat/weight gain/loss. Oh, and It's nutritionist.
So it is. Quoted from your post:

Quote:
Fat only gets stored if there is a surplus of NET calories. If my maintenance for any given day is 2000 calories, then I could eat 2000 in one meal and I wouldn't gain any fat at all (providing I don't eat again that day). It's obviously not smart, but it highlights the basic flaw in your thinking. The body does not simply take it's required nutrients from a meal and store the rest as fat.
This thought is linear and only looks to work in theory. It is not practical unless you're using an energy meter as opposed to a digestive system. You are working off the assumption that the body's homeostasis is divided into 24 hour intervals. It is not unless you've been religiously following a routine of eating one meal of 2000 calories daily. The point is not to toss the 3 meals a day routine into the burner, but to affirm that a 5-6 meal frequency will help the body adapt to its nutritional needs faster than a 3 or 1 meal per day would.

Neuer | Lahm | Boateng | Hummels | Schweinsteiger | Kroos | Müller | Özil | Klose | Schürrle | Götze

And a cast of many more..
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote