Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Retro Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
trustinme
Not Tough Enough

trustinme needs to take rep more serioustrustinme needs to take rep more serioustrustinme needs to take rep more serioustrustinme needs to take rep more serioustrustinme needs to take rep more serioustrustinme needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The only way developers are going to make 2d side scrolling beat-em-ups is if they are downloadable titles on PSN, XBLA or WiiWare. There isn't interest nor is there any money left in them. Guardian Heroes is coming out for XBLA sometime this fall so I'd pick that up if I were you. It's the best beat-em-up and one of the best games for the Sega Saturn.
never heard of guardian heroes before you mentioned it,just checked out some footage and reviews and it does look pretty impressive,i'll look forward to it coming out on xbla.
maybe games have moved on from the golden axe,final fight,streets of rage days but i genuinely believe that there is still a market out there for these types of games if they are given enough effort and each playable character has a massive range of their own individual moves and combo's.a game like streets of rage made 2day with ssf 4's graphics is a game id play for months and months with friends.