Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #1789 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 AM
kwjr86
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH: Manhattan Mayhem IV

Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly vs. Michael Elgin and Mike Mondo: ***
Mondo looked decent, nothing special. Cole, O’Reily and Elgin all looked awesome like usual and made this match really good and a quality opener.

Grizzly Redwood vs. Tomasso Ciampa: ½*
Ciampa’s supposed to be a monster, he shouldn’t be doing anything but squashing Grizzly in under a minute in this match, nevermind selling his shitty offense and needing help to beat Grizzly.

Steve Corino vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett: **
Decent. Nothing more, nothing less. Hate the thumb bs, besides that Corino looks good, but Bennett, just is so meh, and the sideslam finish is just terrible.

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express: ***¾
ANX has gotten leaps and bounds better than they were, and pissed off don’t give a f@#% briscoes are awesome. Once Rhett got busted open this got intense, and you can just feel the crowd begin to turn on the briscoes and get behind anx, the hot tag finally to King lit the crowd up. Post match is pure greatness and well executed.

El Generico vs. TJ Perkins: ***
Great nonstop action throughout but 7 minutes? What the hell. Loved the finish but it just happened so quickly, I wanted more, these guys with 15-20 would’ve easily been a **** match. Does it makes sense for this match and Ciampa/Grizzly to be the same length? No.

The Kings of Wrestling vs. Homicide and Hernandez: ***¾
Hell of a fun match, best Cide’s look since his return, and Hernandez looked great, and the Kings are the Kings, they had the crowd in the palm of their hand, and there were some really great spots, including Hernandez launching Cide over the ring post on to the kings, great stuff.

Christopher Daniels vs. Davey Richards: ****
Unfortunate finish aside, these guys just have such great chemistry, the pure rules made this match even better with the rope assisted submissions after each guys breaks were gone, if Davey hit the shooting star and got the win which I assume was the planned finish, I’d have bumped this up even higher; just an unfortunate mishap, but it doesn’t take away from the 20 minutes of greatness these guys put in.

Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards: ****½
This is how you do a title change. Excellent match, brutal chops and forearms throughout, they both gave each other everything and nothing would put the other down, the last 5 minutes or so is near perfect. The pop was incredible for the 3 and I still marked out when happened just like I had when in saw it live.

Overall: 8.25/10
The first hour or so of this show is incredibly tough to get through, promos before each match and something post match as well, and beside the opener, the matches were subpar. Briscoes/ANX definitely was better than any encounter they’d had up to this point and makes you want more, especially with the post match. Generico/TJP is a great display of wrestling but nothing more nothing less due to its short time. Kings/LAX is one hell of a fun match, Daniels/Richards great wrestling as usual, aside from the unfortunate finish, and Eddie/Roddy makes this show. The main event is well worth the purchase, and theres 4 strong under card matches, definitly worth a purchase and because of the title match a smidge better than Defy or Deny.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome