Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#2,810 ·
Labor Day Weekend 30% Off DVDs & Gear Sale

Use the code "Chuckie T" starting now to get 30% off all DGUSA DVDs and everything in the Gear section of the www.DGUSA.tv Store until Sept. 6th at 11:59pm EST time. Simply put the code in the special instructions when you order at www.DGUSA.tv or say it when you call 267-519-9744. Please note that you will initially be charged full price and will be refunded shortly after you order. Shipping is not included.

We only do sales this big a couple of times a year. It's been months since the last time we offered 30% off and it'll be months until we offer it again. Use the "Chuckie T" now to save on all our Premium Shirts, hats, sweatshirts and everything in the Gear section. You can also use it for all of our DGUSA DVDs including all the new releases. There is no minimum purchase. Get all these titles for 30% off now:

"Open The Ultimate Gate 2011" - YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa in a classic and insane athletic tag team wrestling with PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA & Naruki Doi!
"Mercury Rising 2011" - YAMATO vs. Austin Aries in an emotional match of the year candidate and Blood Warriors vs. Ronin in a six man grudge match!
"Open The Southern Gate" - PAC & Ricochet team for one-night-only for an incredible main event vs. Chuck Taylor & Akira Tozawa and CIMA vs. Johnny Gargano in a war!
"United: Finale" - The finals of the Open The United Gate Title tournament and BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa in a match of the year candidate!
"United: Philly" - PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi & Ricochet in futuristic action and Austin Aries vs. Akira Tozawa in a can't miss contest.
"United: NYC" - BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO in a historic title match and the start of the United Gate Title tourney on DGUSA's Manhattan debut.

These are just a few of the DVDs you can get for 30% off. Please go browse our Store for all the double DVD sets and titles with Bryan Danielson plus more. Act by Sept. 6th to take advantage of the 30% off sale!!!
Labor Day Weekend 30% Off DVDs & Shirts

EVOLVE is getting in on the action of the Labor Day Weekend sale. Use the "Chuckie T" code to get 30% off all in stock EVOLVE DVDs and the first ever stylish EVOLVE shirt. Just enter it in the special instructions when you order in the www.EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop or say it when you call 267-519-9744. You will initially be charged full price and will be refunded shortly after you order. Shipping and the "EVOLVE 7: Aries vs. Moxley" DVD pre-order do not qualify. The code expires Sept. 6th at 11:59 EST.

This means that all in stock EVOLVE DVDs are only $10.50 by using the "Chuckie T" code. Go to the www.EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop and browse the match listings for our DVDs featuring Bryan Danielson (WWE's Daniel Bryan), Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Austin Aries, Sami Callihan, Ricochet, AR Fox, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, Bobby Fish, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Ikuto Hidaka and many others!!!

#2,816 ·
Awesome videowire.

Got me interested in Roddy again. Production values improved. Ciampa channeling Steve Austin. YBs-FS looked great, as a highlight reel.

Yeah, they could have slotted that in there and pushed Corino-Generico back to GBHIX. Would have been a watertight 10mins match.

In fact, maybe they'll actually do it and the Corino stuff is just a tease.

#2,817 ·
Ciampa looks like he could be in the FCW roster within a year. I'd seen a couple promos from him prior to this one and he can talk convincingly. He also has that look about him.

And how exactly have production values improved? If you didn't know any better you'd think you're wathing a video wire from 2007.

#2,819 ·
Not sure how much anyone cares but on the segunda caida blog a few of the guys went down to BOLA mainly for Finlay but sent in a review about the show. I'll spoiler it incase anyone wants to go in spoiler free:

Mack vs Hero, Steen vs Finlay, Claudio vs Generico were the main matches that got raved about. Bearing in mind these guys are well known to not be great fans of the current independent style of working matches, Mack vs Hero supposedly made Mack look legit and included some awesome striking from Hero. Steen vs Finlay was awesome with a lot of schtick and stiff strikes and Claudio vs Generico apparently has a botch which actually progresses the match: the guy reviewing said it occurred just before Claudio does the triple gut wrench powerbombs.

Edwards vs Strong got terrible reviews by the guy and was described mainly as what he disliked about the indy style, a lot of chops, strike exchanges and big moves which were thrown out and not built to or sold well and which ultimately made for a poor match and by far the worst of the opening 4 matches. He said if you enjoy that particular style of strike exchanges and some wowsy spots then you'll love it but anyone who already has a poor opinion of either guy won't find much to like about it.

Mack vs Generico apparently was more of a comedy match which got more serious towards the end but was significantly shorter with Mack going around 20 mins with Hero at the start of the night. Steen vs Edwards also got a poor review compared to the other matches, the guy said Steen was a bit too cute with his one liners in the crowd and the match suffered a bit with strike exchanges being worn out and not sold at all well, particularly a superkick exchange which I think was in the BOLA video. The final goes around 10-12 mins and the guy said they worked well and had a good brawl but ranked it below the opening 3 matches on the card.

Bucks vs KOW apparently had some great bumping and stooging from the Bucks but dragged a bit when they went on offence.

#2,821 ·
Not sure how much anyone cares but on the segunda caida blog a few of the guys went down to BOLA mainly for Finlay but sent in a review about the show. I'll spoiler it incase anyone wants to go in spoiler free:

Bucks vs KOW apparently had some great bumping and stooging from the Bucks but dragged a bit when they went on offence.
The Edwards matches sucked if you can see Eddie Edwards' flaws.

#2,822 ·
ROH - Ring of Honor on HDNet Volume 8

1. Bonus Match - Tag Team Honor Rumble
The Embassy vs The Young Bucks vs The Dark City Fight Club vs The All Night Express vs Brent Albright & Erick Stevens vs Steenerico vs The Briscoe Brothers vs The American Wolves
**1/2

2. The Dark City Fight Club vs The American Wolves
**1/2

3. Christopher Daniels vs Roderick Strong
***1/4

4. Delirious vs Kenny King
**3/4

5. Claudio Castagnoli vs Jay Briscoe

6. Chris Hero vs Mark Briscoe
**3/4

7. Christopher Daniels vs Tyler Black
***1/2

8. Roderick Strong vs Davey Richards
***1/2

9. Kevin Steen vs Jerry Lynn
**1/2

10. Colt Cabana & El Generico vs The Kings of Wrestling
**3/4

11. Steve Corino vs Tyler Black
**3/4

12. The American Wolves vs The Super Smash Brothers
***1/4

13. Lumberjack Match
Austin Aries vs Delirious
**1/2

Easily the worst of the 8 Volumes so far.​

#2,823 ·
Selling Ring of Honor DVDs. Message me if interested.

Supercard of Honor II
Supercard of Honor III
Proving Ground
Chaos at the Cow Palace
Respect is Earned
Death Before Dishonor V Night 1
Death Before Dishonor V Night 2
Man Up
Good Times Great Memories
Return Engagement
Unified
Final Countdown Tour: Boston
Final Countdown Tour: Chicago
Final Countdown Tour: Dayton
Manhattan Mayhem II
Final Battle 2006
A New Level
Death Before Dishonor VI
The Tokyo Summit
Final Battle 2008
Glory by Honor VII

#2,824 ·
Finally a % sale

Don’t miss our special “Labor Day Weekend Sale” exclusively in the ROH Online Store. This offer is exclusive to all in stock DVD’s and is only valid until Tuesday morning. This includes all Ring of Honor and Non-ROH DVD’s.

To redeem your 25% Off Coupon please follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohstore.com
2. Enter the coupon code: weekend25 into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going through the checkout process. You MUST then hit the “apply” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

Offer ends on Tuesday, September 6th at 9AM EST. This offer is only valid on new order placed in the ROH Online Store. No adjustments to previous purchased.
Highspots sale

Highspots Labor Day Weekend 2011 Sale!

Get 4 great DVD's of your choice for the low price of $19.99!

Pick and choose from WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, CZW, shoot interviews and more!

Type in the selections for each of the 4 DVD's you would like in the 4 selection boxes.

The titles listed below are the ONLY titles that are available for this special, we can not make any substitutions.

If you would like to place more than 1 order please add the first 4 selections to your cart and then go back and add the next 4 selections to your cart.

This sale will be valid until 11:59 p.m. EST 9/5/2011

Included on this sale (click link for more information)

WWE Judgement Day 2007
WWE No Mercy 2004
ECW Bloodsport
XPW: Baptized in Blood
TNA Best of Tag Teams volume 1
ROH Validation
ROH Motor City Madness 2009
ROH Fighting Spirit
ROH Bitter End
PWG-Cyanide
PWG- As The Worm Turns
Night of Legends 2- The Beasts are Back
Onita 1999
CZW- Extreme 8
AWS: Above & Beyond
MLW: Hybrid Hell
FIP: Evening The Odds
FIP: Heatstroke 2008
NWA 55th Anniversary
Big Mama Shoot
WSU: Ironwoman 6/9/09
NWA Wildside: War games
CCW Scaffold Match: 04-09-05
New Japan: Island Death Match
Traci Brooks Shoot

#2,830 ·
I Bought 2 ROH Events

I just bought 2 ROH Events one being Allied Forces and the other being No Escape they are blind buys for me... Just thought I'd pass along that ROH is having a Labor Day sale... If anyone has seen the 2 events I bought can ya'll give me an idea on what to expect... I've heard good things about both... There also my FIRST ROH DVD purchases...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.