Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker

View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #3011 (permalink)
Wolf Beast
IT'S YERSEL!!

Wolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth reading
Default Re: Being The Booker

WWE RAW & SMACKDOWN PRESENT;

SATURDAY NIGHTS MAIN EVENT
!! THE 2007 KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT !!
June 23 | The Pyramid | Memphis TN

*Old School Saturday Nights Main Event opening*

Eric Bischoff, standing in his office;

Eric Bischoff: Good evening one and all, and welcome, to Saturday Nights Main Event. I am Eric Bischoff, the current General Manager of BOTH Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown. Tonight, you all have the privilege of bearing witness to the culmination of the 2007 King of the Ring tournament. Eight men remain, but only one will be standing by the end of this night. And that man will be crowned, King.

Matt Hardy is sat on a trainers table, taping his hands.

Matt Hardy: For years, I have toiled in the WWE, tryin to work my way to the very top. Every time I seem to get close, someone pulls me back down. Well … not anymore!! Tonight, I don’t care who stands in my way, I will go through them ALL in order to be crowned King Hardy.

Cut to Paul London, with the United States Championship over his shoulder in a corridor.

Paul London: My name is Paul London, the current United States Champion. Don’t worry about my size, or that I’m smaller than the other seven guys - tonight, my summer continues to shine. I won this title last month, and I’m shooting for the ultimate prize; the WWE Championship. But in order to get there, it HAS to be me that’s crowned King of the Ring tonight.

Cut to the cheese eating grin of Armando Estrada, with Umaga standing by.

Armando Estrada: EVERYBODY LISTEN … HA HA … TO ME!!! My name es ARMANDOOOO, ALEJANDROOO … ESSSSSS-TRA-DAAAAA!!! And this man?? He’s no man. He’s a monster. He already (holds up the MITB briefcase) has a World Title shot whenever he pleases, he’s already ended the career of the legendary Shawn Michaels, and he’s never EVER lost a match. Take a look at THE SAAAAA-MO-AN BULL-DOZERRRRRRR … and the next King of the Ring … OOOOOOOO-MA-GAAAA!!!

Umaga roars, as we cut…

To Brent Albright & Charlie Haas; The Master Craftsmen.

Brent Albright: I am Brent Albright. The gentleman to my left is Charlie Haas, and together we are the Master Craftsmen, and tonight, one of us will be crowned King of the Ring.

Charlie Haas: We’ve both been United States Champion in the past, I’ve held numerous tag team titles. Collectively, championships gravitate toward us. We are simply the greatest in ring performers in the entire world. To us, wrestling is an art form, and tonight, Brent and I will put on a showcase like no other when we meet in the semi-finals.

Brent Albright: And then, the winner will go on to the finals, and become King … reinvigorating the good name of professional wrestling. And Charlie, with all due respect … it’s gonna be me.

Charlie Haas: No, no, no partner. It’s gonna be me.

Albright shakes his head, and points to himself, before cutting…

To William Regal in the locker room.

William Regal: My name is William Regal. And how fitting it would be on this night for a noble, English gentleman like myself to be crowned King?? I may be a little older than my fellow competitors this evening, but what I lack in youth, I more than make up for in experience. And all those yearsof experience will see me cross the finish line, and bring some class, honour and dignity to the title … of King.

Cut to Carlito, resting in a hammock.

Carlito: My name?? Carlito. And after the last couple months Carlito has had, he could do with some good news. Carlito’s got just the thing to cheer himself though … becoming the 2007 King of the Ring. King Carlito?? Now das Cool.

Carlito takes a chunk out of his apple…

And, cut to Theodore Long, standing with the Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin, with The Brotherhood in the background.

Theodore Long: LEMME HOLLA AT YA PLAYAS!!! You all know that the man has been holdin The Brotherhood down in the ghetto for years … but all dat is about to change for the better playas. The Black Diamon’, The Intercontinental Champion, MY BOY, Shelton Benjamin is gonna wow ya tonight, ya feel may?? Shelton Benjamin is walkin into Memphis with a bag of hopes and dreams, and lemme tell ya playas, he aint headed to the heart break hotel. He’s gettin all shook up, and he’s headed for greatness. He’s headed for the King of the Ring … HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA!!!

The Brotherhood all ‘holler’ in the background, with Theodore smiling proudly…

Cut away…

AND NOW … RAW AND SMACKDOWN PRESENT … SATURDAY NIGHTS MAIN EVENT!!!

PYRO

The camera pans around The Pyramid, before the familiar voice of Jim Ross greets us to tonights event…

Jim Ross: Good evening one and all, and welcome to Saturday Nights Main Event!!! Tonight, the eight remaining superstars in the 2007 King of the Ring tournament battle it out to be crowned King. A field of thirty two began the tournament, only eight remain, and by the culmination of tonight’s event, only one will be left standing!! I’m Jim Ross, and joining me tonight, from Friday Night Smackdown, Michael Cole!!

Michael Cole: Thank you J.R, and yes folks, Michael Cole was selected to call the action on Smackdowns behalf. Not Joey Styles, not Tazz, but me. And tonight, as you pointed out J.R, the King of the Ring will be crowned, but also, there’s a little battle for brand supremacy. Raw meets Smackdown in an eight man tag match, and things really exploded last night on Smackdown.

Jim Ross: Indeed they did. Infighting on both brands, but in the end, Raw came together at the close of last nights show, whilst the WWE Champion, Randy Orton stabbed his team mates in the back, with an RKO on Brock Lesnar. We could be in for carnage tonight.

Michael Cole: And of course, J.B.L has given The Undertaker until tonight to answer his challenge. Will the Deadman accept the invitation to meet John Bradshaw Layfield at the Great American Bash in two weeks time?? Or, is the Phenom really a phoney??

Jim Ross: All those questions are gonna be answered tonight-

**GREAT GATES OF KIEV**

Memphis rises to it’s feet, as the familiar refrain of JERRY ‘THE KING’ LAWLER fills the arena, and The King walks onto the stage to a massive home town pop from the fans inside the Pyramid!!

Jim Ross: Well ladies and gentlemen, there he is. The King has come home!!

Michael Cole: That’s all well and good J.R, but we’ve got a packed line up here, we don’t really have time to waste on Jerry Lawlers homecoming.

Lawler quickly jogs down the aisle, slapping hands with the fans, before making his way around to ringside … to join J.R and Cole on commentary!! First though, King picks up a mic to address the fans.

Jerry Lawler: Aint it great to come home??

Huge pop, as King smiles at the reaction.

Jerry Lawler: Now, are you people ready to crown the 2007 King of the Ring??

Pop.

Jerry Lawler: Well, who better to call the action tonight, than royalty, huh??

Cheers again.

Jerry Lawler: I mean, you’ve got J.R from Raw, and Michael Cole from Smackdown … so we need to have someone impartial, right??

Lawler looks around for a positive reaction, smiling as he gets it.

Jerry Lawler: I guess that settles it!!!

The fans pop, as The King makes his way around the table, with J.R and (a noticeably irritated) Michael Cole shifting to make room for him.

Jim Ross: King, it’s great to have ya back!!

Jerry Lawler: It’s good to be back, J.R. Feels like old times, sitting here calling the action with ya.

Jim Ross: Feels like the good ‘ol days!!!

Jerry Lawler: I hope you don’t mind Michael. I know you’re not a fan of a three man announce booth!!

Lawler chuckles, as Cole refuses to respond.

**STAY IN SHADOW**

The music of Paul London hits, and the fans come alive again, with the United States Champion quickly making his way to the ring, as we kick off the Quarter Finals of the King of the Ring tournament, with all three men believing London could go all the way this evening.

**PAY THE PRICE**

A former U.S Champion in his own right, Charlie Haas is also quick to make his way to the ring, as the commentary team discuss the bond between Haas and Albright, and how the friendship his reinvigorated Haas in recent months to the point where he is seen as a viable contender this evening.

~ QUARTER FINAL ~
Charlie Haas vs. Paul London
There is no messing around from either man, with Haas and London getting straight to business, foregoing any feeling out stage. London is just a step too quick for Haas initially, using hit and run tactics to try and wear down Charlie, but the reckless abandon of the United States Champion backfires eventually, and he gets caught … and blasted with a German Suplex!!! Haas makes the cover, 1...2...London kicks out!!! From here, Haas has the upper hand, and uses his time in charge to dominate the United States Champion, wearing him down, and gaining a near fall from a delayed side suplex.

Quickly, Haas applies a front chinlock, further wearing the champion down as he thinks of his next move, keeping The Golden Boy at his mercy. But the dogged Texan fights up, reaching his feet, and drives his elbow into the gut of Haas, over and over, freeing himself … but before he can run the ropes, he is grabbed by the hair, and slammed back onto the canvas by Haas. Jack Doan admonishes Haas for the action, but Haas laughs it off, and puts the boots to London in the corner, further taking the wind out of the United States champions sails.

Haas sends London off the ropes, but misses with a clothesline … and London launches himself from the opposite side … AND TAKES HAAS DOWN WITH A FLYING CROSSBODY!!! Both men quickly get to their feet, but London strikes first with a dropsault … and another, before sending Haas off the ropes, looking for a front dropkick on the return … BUT HITS FRESH AIR - AND CRASHES ON THE CANVAS!!! Haas grabbed the ropes to prevent his return, and goes for a jack knife cover on London … 1...2...NO!!!

London just frees himself in time, and Haas is left to argue with the referee, saying it was a three. Haas drives a knee into London to slow him down, and hooks him up, going for a suplex … but London frees himself, landing behind - on the apron - and ducks a right hand from Haas, driving a shoulder into the gut of Haas, and springs off the ropes - HURRICANRANA!!! The fans come alive again for the high flying London, and the United States Champion picks himself up, running off the ropes, and puts Haas right back down with a swinging neck breaker!!! He covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

The U.S Champion cant believe it!! He gets back up, and looks down at Haas, before deciding to go for it all, and climbs the ropes … but as he gets to the top turnbuckle, Haas gets up … and races across, SHOVING London off the top turnbuckle, and into the barrier on the outside!!! The fans gasp as Haas wastes little time to pick up the scraps, hopping out of the ring, and driving London into the apron. London winces in agony, and Haas rolls him back inside, managing another near fall. After the kick out, Haas pulls London back up, and goes for T-Bone Suplex DRILLING London again, and makes the cover, 1...2...FOOT ON THE ROPE!!!

Haas is denied again, this time, by the ropes, with London surviving. Haas is irate, and stomps the hell out of London, shoving him into the corner, coming close to a disqualification before backing off - THEN SLUGS London with a hard unsporting right hand!!! Haas now hoists London onto the top rope, and climbs up, looking for a superplex … BUT LONDON FIGHTS IT!!! The tenacious Golden Boy fights back, stunning Haas … AND FRONT SUPLEXES HAAS OFF THE TOP!!! Haas crashes onto the canvas, and rolls over … offering an open invite to London, to catches his breath … BEFORE DELIVERING THE 450 SPLASH!!! London hooks the leg … 1...2...3!!!!!
Winner: Paul London @ 10:11

LONDON ADVANCES!!! The United States Champion overcomes the technical wizard, and books his spot in the final four for the second consecutive year!!!

Jim Ross: PAUL LONDON CONTINUES TO DAZZLE!!! Just as it was twelve months ago, The Golden Boy is in the final four, but can the United States Champion go all the way this time??

Michael Cole: You bet he can J.R!! Paul London is finally maximising on his potential. For years London has stolen many shows, and been on the brink of greatness, but this year, The Golden Boy has taken that next step, and he might just be the man to go ALL the way tonight!!!

Jerry Lawler: What a gutsy display gentlemen. Paul London may be smaller than the majority of guys in this tournament, but what he lacks in size, he more than makes up for in heart.

London doesn’t celebrate the victory for long, leaving the ring, knowing he still has a long way to go for the ultimate prize tonight, slapping hands with some fans on the way. Meanwhile, in the ring, Charlie Haas slowly comes around, coming to terms with his loss - for the second straight year in the Elite Eight.

Jim Ross: But what has this match taken out of the U.S Champion?? Paul London was on the backfoot for long periods of this contest, and he’ll have to compete again shortly. And if he IS to go all the way, he’ll have to compete twice more tonight.

Michael Cole: Don’t worry about that. Paul London has plenty in reserve in the tank J.R.

Jim Ross: Well, when we come back, Londons semi final opponent will be decided - it’ll be Carlito and Brent Albright in the Elite Eight - NEXT!!!

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

An image of the sun rising, getting brighter and brighter…

“THIS SUMMER”

Clips of John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Christian, The Brian Kendrick, Straight Edge, & Randy Orton

“THE WWE PRESENTS IT‘S BIGGEST EVER WORLD TOUR”

Clips of Kurt Angle, M.V.P, Shelton Benjamin, Paul London, Mister Kennedy & Edge

“BEGINNING ON JULY 16, THE SUPERSTARS OF RAW AND SMACKDOWN WILL TRAVEL TO ALL CORNERS OF THE GLOBE”

Clips of some of the landmark sights in each continent.

“NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, ASIA, AFRICA, AUSTRAILIA, AND EUROPE”

Darkness.

“AND THE CROWN JEWEL OF THIS LANDMARK EVENT??”

The Summerslam logos from the years gone by.

“ON AUGUST 19, THE WWE PRESENTS IT‘S TWENTIETH ANNUAL SUMMERSLAM”

A sight of the globe, which zooms in … toward Europe … toward the UK … toward England … and into London … zooming in still …

“AT THE HOME OF THE BIGGEST SUMMERSLAM OF ALL TIME”

And hurtles toward Wembley Stadium.

“LONDON, ENGLAND”

Differing angles of the new Wembley, including a sight at the arc.

“THE NEW WEMBLEY STADIUM”

Clips of WWE stars in action, interspersed with clips of fans going wild.

“LONDON’S CALLING”

More fast clips of the WWE superstars in action, with fans reactions, including sights of London too.

“AND THE WWE HAS ANSWERED”

WWE WORLDWIDE SUMMER TOUR
JULY 16 - AUGUST 31

Backstage, Matt Striker is standing by…

Matt Striker: Hello everybody, it is I, Matt Striker, and at this time I have with me, the 2006 King of the Ring, Mister Kennedy.

To a mix of heat and a few cheers, Kennedy enters the picture.

Matt Striker: Mister Kennedy, a year ago, you were crowned King of the Ring, and while it may have taken a little longer than you anticipated, your own career is now beginning to sky rocket off the back of your success in the tournament last year. What kind of advice would you give to whomever leaves Memphis tonight as King of the Ring??

Kennedy screws his face up at the question.

Mister Kennedy: Why should I give a crap about who wins the King of the Ring?? I won the thing last year. Biggest accomplishment of my career … so far. If you honestly think I am where I am right now solely because I won the King of the Ring last year, you’re more stupid than you look. Winning the King of the Ring isn’t a free pass to superstardom Matt. What it is … is a chance to announce yourself as a player … a chance to tell the world you intend on becoming part of the bigger picture.

Kennedy nods at Striker, as if to say “Understand?”

Mister Kennedy: Now … as for advice?? Well … (chuckles) … I’d advise the guys left in the tournament NOT to win. Why?? Simply put, you’ll never follow THIS KING. The 2007 King of the Ring … and ALL the Kings to follow will FOREVER BE … IN THE SHADOW … OF … MISTERRRRRR KEN-NED-DAYYYYYYYY … … … (whispers) King … Kennedy.

Kennedy winks at the camera, as we fade out to ringside…

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

Brent Albright is greeted to overriding heat from the fans, as the former United States Champion makes his way to the ring ahead of his first of potentially three matches tonight, as the show goes to a commercial…

Commercial Break

We return, with Carlito now on his way to the ring, with the majority of his entrance taking part during the commercial.

~ QUARTER FINAL ~
Carlito vs. Brent Albright
Albright dictates the pace in the early going, in stark contrast to the opening contest, with a longer feeling out process between the two, with Albright keeping Carlito grounded, and agitated at being unable to turn the tide. Albright though, cant keep the man from the Caribbean on the canvas forever, and CCC finally makes it up, speeding things up, springing off the ropes with a splash for a near fall, then attempts to run the ropes again … BUT ALBRIGHT CATCHES HIM WITH A SIDEWALK SLAM!!! He covers, 1...2...NO!!!

Brent refuses to accept the kick out, going for a cover again, but if the first one couldn’t do it, the second certainly wouldn’t either. Albright sends Carlito into the corner with a whip, running in after, but is met with an elbow from CCC!!! Albright is dazed as he staggers away, whilst Carlito runs out of the corner, and catches Brent with a running knee lift, further dazing Albright, whilst Carlito springboards off the ropes - and catches the former U.S Champion with the springboard reverse elbow, and a cover, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Albright pops up quickly, but is a step behind the firing Carlito, and the man from the Caribbean scores with a suplex, and another cover, 1...2...KICK OUT AGAIN!!!

Carlito now climbs the corner, perching himself up top, waiting for Albright to get up … and launches with a cross body … BUT ALBRIGHT DROPKICKS HIM ON THE WAY DOWN!!! The former U.S Champion immediately scrambles for a cover … 1...2...SHOULDER UP!!! Albright sits up in shock, looking at the referee, shaking his head as he drags Carlito up, quickly hooking him into position, and goes for his signature HALF NELSON SUPLEX - BUT CARLITO SHIFTS IN MID AIR … AND ROLLS ALBRIGHT UP … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Albright bounces up, and DRILLS his opponent with a stiff clothesline!!! He hooks the leg, 1...2...NO!!!

Still, Albright cant finish Carlito off. He drags Carlito up, backing him into the ropes, softening him up with a few right hands, then shoots him off the ropes … BUT CARLITO SPRINGS ON THE ROPES AND SAULTS BACK, LANDING BEHIND ALBRIGHT … AND NAILS THE BACK CRACKER!!! The fans cheer as Carlito crawls into the cover, 1...2...ALBRIGHT KICKS OUT!!! Carlito cant believe it. He looks winded, due to the breakneck speed of the match, but sucks it up, and pulls himself to his feet, looking down at the writhing Albright … THEN LEAPS ONTO THE ROPES … AND GOES FOR THE DOUBLE SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT … BUT MISSES!!!

Carlito crashes and burns!!! Albright played possum, and looks to pick up the scraps, dragging Carlito up … AND SLAMS CARLITO WITH THE HALF NELSON SUPLEX!!!!! He makes the cover, 1...2...NO!!!!!! Hands on head, Albright’s eyes boggle, whilst the fans come unglued, with the frightening pace of the match taking all by surprise. The former U.S Champion pounds the mat, then pulls Carlito back up to his feet, sending him off the ropes, and catching him on the return … WITH A SLEEPER!!! Some boos are heard, with Albright slowing the pace right down, and attempts to draw the life out of CCC … but the man from the Caribbean has other ideas … and REVERSES with a side suplex!!!

Now, both men are slow to their feet, and as they get up, they trade blows, with CCC winning the exchange, and shooting Albright off the ropes, going for a clothesline, but missing … with Brent running under, coming off the opposite side … with Carlito leaping up to avoid, and Brent continues on, hitting the ropes again, coming back … RIGHT INTO A DROPKICK!!! Carlito now stalks, waiting for Albright to get back up, with the former U.S Champion struggling to reach his feet, but gets there … and Carlito swarms in … AND GOES FOR THE APPLE CORE … BUT ALBRIGHT COUNTERS INTO A SMALL PACKAGE … 1...2...NO!!!!!

Carlito shoots up, and darts at Brent … BUT ALBRIGHT GRABS THE ARM … AND APPLIES THE CROWBAR!!!!! Carlito is caught, and looks set to tap almost instantly … but he digs deep, scrambling along the canvas, unable to reach the ropes with his free arm … but WRAPS HIS LEG AROUND THE BOTTOM ROPE!!! And the deadly submission hold is broken!!! Albright is forced to break, and lets go, with the Cool One moving to the corner, shaking his arm loose. Albright senses the end is near, and races into the corner - but Carlito moves out of the way, Albright hit’s the corner … and Carlito moves in for the roll up … BUT ALBRIGHT ROLLS THROUGH … 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Brent Albright @ 10:59

ALBRIGHT GETS IT!!! Carlito kicks out at 3.1, but it’s too late!!! The Cool One sits up in shock, holding up two fingers, but his protests are useless, as Albright is the one to have his arm raised!!

Jim Ross: My word what a match!!! Carlito and Brent Albright just let it ALL hang out here, and ultimately, it’s the former United States Champion that advances.

Jerry Lawler: If you ask me, Carlito cost himself J.R. Too much fancy flips, and not enough solid work. Brent Albright may have only just got the three there, but in my opinion, his style was always goin to outlast Carlito.

Michael Cole: For too long, Brent Albrights solid work on Smackdown has gone unrecognized. Seven months he spent as United States Champion, and for at least six of those months he was written off as a lucky champion. Tonight, Brent Albright is on a mission to prove that luck plays no part in his victories. He IS that good.

Despite his loss, Carlito accepts the defeat, and approaches Albright in the ring, offering his hand to shake … but Albright laughs … and SLAPS the hand away!!! He pushes past Carlito, and hops out of the ring, walking up the ramp, with a semi final now to worry about against Paul London.

In the ring, Carlito is livid. He stares as Albright leaves, shaking his head, mouthing something in Spanish, as his temper begins to boil over.

Jim Ross: Well, that was a classless act if you ask me. Carlito offered his hand like a man- there was no reason whatsoever for Albright to do what he just did.

Michael Cole: Albright has one friend, J.R. He doesn’t need any others, especially someone like Carlito.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, for what it’s worth, for once, I agree with Michael Cole. If you’re not first, you’re last, and Brent Albright doesn’t need to associate with losers like Carlito.

Carlito now leaves the ring, with a few faint ‘CAR-LIT-O’ chants in the front rows, as we go to another commercial…

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

~ CLASSIC WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT ~

IV

IN A MOMENT THAT WOULD BE REPLAYED FOR YEARS TO COME, WWE HALL OF FAMER ANDRE THE GIANT WRAPS HIS GIANT HANDS AROUND THE NECK OF ‘MR. BASEBALL’ BOB EUCKER, CHOKING THE GUEST ANNOUNCER, AFTER BEING ASKED TO TAKE HIS ‘FOOT’ OFF EUCKERS SHOULDER.

WRESTLEMANIA XVII | MARCH 30 2008 | PHOENIX AZ
~ THE DESERT CLASSIC ~
ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

Back into the arena…

Jim Ross: We are back live, and moments ago, we learned that either Brent Albright or Paul London will contest the King of the Ring final. Charlie Haas and Carlito have been eliminated from the tournament, and now, a little later tonight, it’ll be Albright and London in the first Semi-Final.

Michael Cole: Two tremendous rivals, J.R. They contested a ‘Match of the Year’ contender at Judgment Day. They stole the show in Miami five weeks ago, and I have a feeling they might just do the same tonight with the stakes being so high.

Jerry Lawler: Well, whoever gets there will be a worthy finalist, but after the matches they’ve just competed in, I’m not sure which one is in better shape to advance. Those two Quarter Final match ups REALLY took it out of both men.

**LIVE FOR THE MOMENT**

To a big ovation, Matt ‘The Talent’ Hardy makes his way to the ring, kicking off the first of the two Raw Quarter Finals. During Hardys entrance, Cole heelishly declares Hardy as a ‘never will be’, having had so many chances to reach the next level over the years, whilst J.R defends Matt, saying he’s in the prime of his career right now, and ready to step up.

**DEAD WHITE GUYS**

Jim Ross: Oh- for the love of- not this again!!

Like last Monday, Benjamin is CARRIED ON A THRONE by white boys to the ring, using the royal style music, already wearing a crown … but without the added bonus of Theodore Long by his side, due to the edict from Eric Bischoff last week on Raw, banning any, and all outside influences in the KOTR tournament.

In the ring, Hardy has had enough … AND LEAVES THE RING TO MEET THE PROCESSION ON THE RAMP!!! Benjamin sees Hardy coming, and pre-empts a repeat of Raw, getting up, and climbing off the throne, then SHOVES the white boys into the path of Hardy, and attacks his rival!!!

Benjamin showers Hardy with stiff rights and lefts, slamming him against the barrier, then slams Matt into the steel mesh of the ramp. He drags Matt up, and rolls him into the ring, with the bell ringing, and the match officially beginning…

~ QUARTER FINAL ~
Shelton Benjamin vs. Matt Hardy
Immediately, Shelton covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! It wont be that easy for the I.C champion, and Shelton quickly looks to wear Hardy out, applying a sleeper on the mat, whilst he thinks about his next move. Hardy though, forces himself to his feet, and with some well placed elbows to the mid section, forces a break, and starts to get into the contest, catching Benjamin with some stiff rights, before dropping his rival with a discus punch, leading to a near fall. Hardy pulls Benjamin up, shoving him into the corner, letting fly with his stiff right hands, then shoots Shelton across the ring, only for Benjamin to leap to the middle buckle … BUT MATT SWEEPS HIS LEGS AND BENJAMIN CRASHES ONTO THE CANVAS!!!

That move from Hardy gets the fans rocking, and an elbow drop leads to a second near fall for Matt, but again, Benjamin survives. Matt drags Shelton up, backing him into the ropes, then looks to send him off for a whip, but The Black Diamond turns him inside out, pulls him in, AND DELIVERS A BELLY TO BELLY!!! The I.C Champion makes a cover, 1...2...NO!! Matt has too much fight in him to lay down this early, and the kick out frustrates Benjamin. Shelton gets up, and almost instinctively, looks around for Theodore Long and his input - but Long is nowhere to be seen; banished to the role of a backstage spectator. Benjamin wastes too much time now, thinking of his next move, and it allows Hardy the chance to fight back as he recovers from the Belly to Belly, fighting Benjamin off, and running the ropes … BUT RUNS INTO A POWERSLAM FROM THE IC CHAMPION!!!

Benjamin scores another near fall, but it’s not good enough to get the job done, although he doesn’t allow the advantage to pass him by this time. Shelton piles the pressure on Matt now, following up with another succession of near falls with his trademark suplex into a neck breaker, and then with a leaping knee drop on his grounded opponent, but both times, Matt kicks out. Shelton pulls Hardy back up, and sends him HARD into the corner with an Irish Whip, then sets himself, readying … and runs in for the STINGER SPLASH!!! Benjamin crushes Matt in the corner, and looks to follow up WITH THE FROST KICK … BUT MATT DUCKS UNDER … SIDE EFFECT!!! Hardy instantly covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

The fans rise momentarily, thinking Matt had it, but realise there was a kick out from the I.C Champion, as Matt shakes his head, also believing he’d got a flash three count. Both men try to pull themselves up, with Matt reaching his feet first, noticing his opponent in the corner, getting to his feet … and rushes in … HITTING A CLOTHESLINE … HANGING ON … RUNNING OUT OF THE CORNER WITH A BULLDOG!!! Hardy covers again, 1...2...NO!!! He cant put Benjamin away!!! The elder Hardy gets to his feet again, and climbs to the middle turnbuckle, setting himself, signalling to the fans … AND GOES FOR THE LEG DROP … BUT BENJAMIN ROLLS AWAY!!!

Hardy crashes and burns … and looks to have hurt his leg!!! Matt attempts to get back up after the miss, but hobbles badly on his leg … and Benjamin spots it, immediately running in … AND CHOP BLOCKS THE BAD LEG!!! Matt hit’s the canvas, clutching his leg, whilst Benjamin goes to work, stomping the injured body part with gusto. Matt tries to get away, but cant, as Benjamin looks to put the hurting on his rival, as we cut to an ill timed commercial break…

Commercial Break

And from the break, Benjamin is in cruise control, contorting the leg of Matt Hardy, as the commentary team let us know that Benjamin dominated proceedings throughout the break. They then show us clips of Benjamin taking Matt to the outside, and slamming the bad knee against the steps, and wrapping it around the ring post, causing further damage. Then, back live, Benjamin is seen looking to apply a single leg crab … AND SUCCEEDS!! It could all be over for Hardy now, with the pressure on the bad leg multiplied. Matt scratches and claws, desperately trying to reach the ropes, seeing his KOTR dreams fading … and reaches … BUT BENJAMIN DRAGS HIM FURTHER AWAY!!!

Matt looks to be on the brink on giving up, as J.R asks on commentary if Matt could even go on to compete again tonight if he did fight on and win, due to the damage done to his leg. Hardy though simply wont give in … and again claws his way across the ring, looking for the sanctuary of the ropes … and Benjamin CANT stop him this time … AS HARDY GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!!! The fans cheer in unison, as Matt forces the hold to be broken!!! Benjamin has to be forced off though by the referee, and the Black Diamond is incensed he didn’t get the submission, and charges back in to go for the crab again … but as he grabs the leg, MATT COUNTERS … INSIDE CRADLE … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Benjamin powers out, and gets right up to his feet, looking around in shock again as Hardy surprises him once again, nearly grabbing the win.

Matt struggles up, selling his leg injury, pulling himself up in the corner, giving his opponent an open invite for the STINGER SPLASH AGAIN … BUT MATT SIDE STEPS!!! Benjamin hit’s the corner, and stumbles out into Matt, who kicks him in the gut … and LOOKS FOR THE TWIST OF FATE … BUT BENJAMIN KICKS THE LEG!!! Instantly, Hardy pulls away, hobbling on his leg, and Benjamin sees the end in sight … AND GOES FOR PAYDIRT … BUT MATT GRABS THE TOP ROPE AND BENJAMIN CRASHES ONTO CANVAS!!! Matt drops down, and cradles Benjamin, looking for a win, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Shelton kicks out, and is up quickly, instantly driving his knee into the gut of Hardy, then runs off the ropes, coming back at Matt … but Matt FLAPJACKS Benjamin off the top rope!!! Benjamin springs back, staggering into Hardy … TWIST OF FATE!!! Matt hooks a leg … 1...2...3!!!!!
Winner: Matt Hardy @ 14:56

Out of nowhere, Matt pulls it off!!! He defeats the Intercontinental Champion, and moves on to the FINAL FOUR!!! Hardy lays on the canvas, raising his arms, looking overjoyed at his win … but with the injury to his leg, at what cost will the victory have come???

Jim Ross: Good God Almighty!! You cant begin to measure the heart of that man. Matt Hardy has come to Memphis tonight to be crowned King of the Ring, and by Gawd, he will not be denied!! He has defeated the Intercontinental Champion, despite taking a devastating beating. We don’t know the true extent of the damage done to Hardys leg here, but it cant be good.

Jerry Lawler: Just think what William Regal or Umaga is gonna do to Matt Hardy in this condition. He doesn’t stand a chance, J.R!!

Michael Cole: Matt Hardy faces an uphill battle now, that’s for sure.

In the ring, Matt is helped to his feet toward the ropes, but before he can leave, SHELTON BENJAMIN ATTACKS!!! Benjamin spins Matt around … AND DROPS HIM WITH PAYDIRT!!! Benjamin - the sore loser - begins to stomp the bad leg of Hardy again, pushing the official away, before dropping down, and dragging Matt to the edge of the apron, with the leg draped over the edge.

Benjamin rolls out, picking up a steel chair, AND SMASHES THE STEEL AGAINST THE LEG!!! Shelton slams the chair down, and grabs his rival by the face, taunting him, yelling in his face “I‘M THE KING - NOT YOU!!” Now, a group of officials arrive on the scene, to pull The Black Diamond away, with Benjamin still yelling at Hardy, who is writhing in agony.

Jerry Lawler: Errr … I think Umaga or Regal could be battling it out for a bye to the finals gentlemen.

Michael Cole: Hardy should withdraw, RIGHT NOW, and allow Shelton Benjamin to take his place in the final four.

Jim Ross: Oh, gimme a break, Michael. If we applied that rule, we’d be seeing every single loser doing what we’ve just saw. Shelton Benjamin deserves a fine and a suspension after his actions here.

Jerry Lawler: I agree, J.R. Besides, Shelton Benjamin came in here as if he’d already won the damn thing!! He crowned himself King already!! He got what he deserved.

Michael Cole: This is beginning to feel like a Friday night. I’m out here trying to offer my opinion, and I’m being ganged up on by two friends. Don’t you two have an opinion of your own??

Jim Ross: I think you’ll find The King was in agreement with you earlier Michael.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, no need to be so touchy, Cole.

Medics help Hardy from the ringside area, telling him to keep the weight off his leg, as he winces … an ominous sight for his future in the tournament tonight, surely??

Commercial Break

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Saturday Nights Main Event, and moments ago, Matt Hardy booked his place in the Final Four, with a stunning victory against Shelton Benjamin.

Jerry Lawler: But it came at a price, J.R.

Jim Ross: Indeed, King. Matt Hardy battled through a leg injury to pick up the win, but after the match, Shelton Benjamin took his anger out on that bad leg.

Michael Cole: And, as if that wasn’t enough, Hardy has got to deal with Umaga in the semi finals.

Jim Ross: William Regal might have something to say about that Michael.

Michael Cole: Yeah, I imagine it would go something like; “I yield”.

**VIRTUAL VOODOO**

{/SECOND HOUR}

Looking almost bare without his handler, Umaga makes his lonesome entrance, as J.R puts over the Samoan Bulldozers twelve month long streak, which has included a number of victories over {the now retired} Kane, Rey Mysterio and Shawn Michaels, with the last win over HBK possibly ending his career. Cole also mentions his title shot whenever he chooses to take it with the Money in the Bank briefcase also at his disposal, before questioning how anyone in the competition can possibly defeat him. Lawler then adds his two cents, commenting on his previous match with Umaga, saying he’s never felt so much pain ever before from an opponent.

**BORN NAUGHTY**

To a generous response, William Regal makes his entrance, with the commentary team making reference to his quiet confidence, alluding to his ‘gameplan’ which he has devised to get by Umaga. As he nears the ring though, Regal stops, and shows a wry smile, as he looks at the imposing figure of Umaga at the ropes, chomping at the bit to get his hands on Regal.

But Regal is in no rush.

The veteran slowly walks around the ring, doing a full lap, trying to irritate his opponent, and Umaga IS getting restless. The Samoan Bulldozer paces, as Regal slowly meanders around the ring again … and Umaga loses patience, stepping out of the ring, and gives chase to the Brit, with Regal speeding up now, and slides into the ring, with Umaga following behind … and Regal stomps the Savage, officially beginning the match.

~ QUARTER FINAL ~
Umaga vs. William Regal
Regal stomps Umaga again, then backs away, with Umaga showing no effects from either boot. He gets up, and marches toward Regal, who backs up … and slips between the ropes, forcing Umaga to back away, per instructions from the official, who just barely gets Umaga to back away. Meanwhile, it becomes apparent to the commentary team that Regals tactic is to frustrate Umaga into a mistake. Regal repeats the rope break trick, further irritating the Bulldozer, who pushes the referee away the second time, and grabs Regal by the hair to bring him back inside, but the official issues his count, and Umaga JUST breaks at four to prevent a DQ.

The referee gets Umaga to back up, then has a stern word with Regal, telling the veteran to engage, with Regal nodding, stepping inside, and with Umaga hurtling toward him … Regal slips between the ropes again … this time hopping to the outside!! Umaga has lost control now, and drops down, pounding the mat, before rolling out, and giving chase, with Regal running around the ring, but as Umaga turns the corner … REGAL DROPKICKS THE STEPS!! The steel steps crack onto the knees of Umaga, and the Bulldozer topples over, with Regal stamping Umagas head against the steps, before rolling back inside … LOOKING TO WIN VIA A COUNT OUT!!!

In the ring, Mickey Henson makes the count - already at FIVE when Regal enters - and gets to SEVEN, before Umaga stirs, and grabs onto the apron … AND ROLLS BACK IN TO BREAK THE COUNT!! Now, Regal puts the boots to Umaga whilst he‘s on his hands and knees, trying to soften the savage up … THEN NAILS HIM WITH THE KNEE TREMBLER!!! Regal covers … 1...2...UMAGA POWERS OUT!!!!! Regals eyes bug open, as Umaga rolls over, trying to get up, as the plan unravels for the veteran. Regal now tries to think quickly, and rolls outside the ring, grabbing a chair, bringing it inside, threatening to use it … but is stopped by the official. Regal drops the chair, allowing Henson to take it … AS REGAL PULLS OUT THE BRASS KNUCKS!!!

The official is distracted by the chair, and whilst he removes it from the ring, Regal advances on Umaga … AND DELIVERS THE POWER OF THE PUNCH!!! The veteran DROPS Umaga, and covers … looking to inflict his first EVER loss, with the count being made … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Nothing can keep Umaga down!!! Regal again delves into his book of awesome facial expressions, unable to comprehend the kick out. He gets up, with the knucks still in his hand, and in a bid to distract the official again, rips the padding off the top turnbuckle. With the referee distracted once more, Regal attempts a SECOND punch … BUT UMAGA GRABS REGALS HAND!!! The Savage overpowers Regal, and scoops him up - SAMOAN DROP CONNECTS!!!

Umaga doesn’t bother with the cover, and instead sends Regal to the corner, AND CONNECTS WITH THE RUNNING BUTT SPLASH!!! That could be enough to do it … but Umaga isn’t satisfied. The Bulldozer drags Regal up … AND DELIVERS THE SAMOAN SPIKE!!! That should do it … but Umaga spots THE BRASS KNUCKS … and after becoming infatuated by the sight of the weapon, Umaga picks them up, placing them around his hand … THEN PROCEEDS TO BATTER REGAL WITH THEM … forcing the official to signal for A DISQUALIFICATION!!!
Winner: Via DQ - William Regal @ 04:56

The favourite has gotten himself DISQUALIFIED!!! Umaga hammers at Regal with the brass knucks, BLOODYING his opponent, as the bell continues to ring, with the referee unable to get the Samoan Bulldozer off.

Jim Ross: SOMEBODY STOP THIS!!!

Jerry Lawler: The Eighty Second Airborne couldn’t stop this beast, J.R!!! I should know, I’ve been on the end of one of his beatings. I can tell you first hand, it’s not fun. And William Regal is taking twice the beating I got.

Michael Cole: What the hell is up with Raw?? Are they all bad losers on your show, J.R???

Other officials and agents now quickly run to the ring, in an attempt to drag Umaga off … but the first to try is met with a BRASS KNUCK PUNCH!!! He is instantly out cold, due to the force of the Bulldozer, which puts the brakes on the rest of the cavalry from trying to stop the assault.

Jerry Lawler: THEY’RE GONNA NEED TO SHOOT HIM WITH A TRANQUILIZER!!!

Jim Ross: Umaga has lost it here!!! He got himself disqualified, and now, he’s tryin to take Regal out of commission altogether!!!

Michael Cole: The only people benefiting from this are Paul London and Brent Albright!!! After the semi final, they’re either facing a busted up Regal, or a one legged Hardy!!

Umaga drags the bloodied Regal up, scooping him up … and delivers the SPINNING POWERSLAM!!! The Samoan Bulldozer then shoves Dean Malenko and Bill DeMott out of his path, before hitting the ropes … AND SPLASHES onto the prone body of William Regal!!!

Jim Ross: THAT’S ENOUGH!!! Gawd DAMMIT!!! Stop this!!!

Michael Cole: The damage is done, J.R. The King of the Ring is coming from Smackdown this year!!

Jerry Lawler: This Umaga is like King Kong or something!! He’s simply unstoppable!!

We now see ERIC BISCHOFF bringing ARMANDO ESTRADA out, and points to the ring, demanding the handler of Umaga goes to the ring to calm his savage down. Estrada duly nods, and jogs to the ring.

Jim Ross: Finally!!

Jerry Lawler: Finally is right, J.R. I just hope Estrada CAN stop him.

Michael Cole: Too little too late, gentlemen. Like I just said, the damage has been done.

Jim Ross: You could be right, Michael. How in the hell can Regal compete again tonight after that?? We’ll be right back folks…

Estrada is now in the ring, and tries to soothe the manic Bulldozer, as we fade out, to a commercial…

Commercial Break

We return, backstage, with Josh Mathews…

Josh Mathews: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome one of the King of the Ring semi finalists, Brent Albright.

Heat in the background, as Albright enters the picture.

Josh Mathews: Brent, earlier tonight, you disposed of Carlito to bring yourself two wins away from becoming the 2007 King of the Ring. And, with Umaga getting himself disqualified moments ago, coupled with the fact that both Raw semi finalists Matt Hardy and William Regal will go into their match at less than 100%, both yourself and Paul London are now viewed as the odds on favourites-

Brent Albright: BOTH?? For starters Josh, the smart money to win the King of the Ring tournament has always been on me. Forget Umaga being the odds on favourite, and don’t put Paul London on the same level as me. I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for the last five weeks, ever since Smackdowns ‘Golden Boy’ took MY United States Championship. Yeah, that’s right, I still view that title as MINE.

Josh Mathews: Well, si-

Brent Albright: I didn’t ask you speak again, Josh. Ever since London beat me at Judgment Day, people have been putting him on some high and mighty pedestal, as if he’s capable of achieving anything … well I’m here to tell you all that there is one thing he’s INCAPABLE of … and that’s becoming the 2007 King of the Ring, because Paul, the party stops here. “Your Summer” as you like to call it … it’s right in the middle … of “My Year”.

Albright storms off the set, leaving Mathews to watch on…

And now, we cut to Kristal Marshall, who is also standing by elsewhere, alongside Paul London, who has just been watching Albrights interview on a monitor.

Kristal Marshall: Well Paul, you’ve just heard what Brent Albright had to say ahead of your semi final match. What are your thoughts??

London shakes his head, showing a wry smile.

Paul London: Talk is cheap Kristal. I didn’t talk my way to the United States title … I didn’t talk my way into the semi finals … and I wont be able to talk my way into the finals either. What I will do Kristal, is the exact same thing I done at Judgment Day … just … watch.

London winks, then turns to leave … and is met by BRIAN KENDRICK. The fans boo the former friend of London, and the Cruiserweight Champion smiles, but doesn’t look at London - instead, his focus is all on the United States title over the shoulder of the Golden Boy, and his glare doesn’t move as he speaks…

Brian Kendrick: I don’t think you’ve been giving your prized possession the care it deserves Paul. I mean, look at this. It’s filthy.

Kendrick wipes his finger over the title, pointing his finger up into the face of London, finally looking the U.S Champion in the eye.

Brian Kendrick: While you’ve been filling your head with thoughts about winning a crown and wearing a cape, it might’ve skipped your attention that I am now your number one contender. And at the Great American Bash, I’m doing my deed for all of America by bringing some dignity back to it’s championship, by bringing it back from the hands of an ungrateful owner.

Kendrick steps back, looking London up and down, then shakes his head.

Brian Kendrick: You’ve changed … for the worse.

The Cruiserweight champion walks off, leaving London looking baffled as we cut away…

And, in the trainers room, we see WILLIAM REGAL being treated, his mouth bloodied, and a doctor looking into his eyes, with the veteran Brit possibly concussed.

Jim Ross: Well, William Regal will have to battle through his injuries if he is to become King tonight. He has by hook or by crook gotten by Umaga, and now, a far from hundred per cent Matt Hardy awaits in the semi final.

Michael Cole: The advantage clearly lies with Smackdown right now, J.R.

And the camera pans out … showing MATT HARDY on the next table, getting his leg strapped up, with Matt wincing in pain as he stretches.

Jerry Lawler: Look at this gentlemen. Regal and Hardy are due in battle after the Smackdown semi final, and both men are in need of treatment here.

Jim Ross: It’s a testament to both mens will and heart that they’re fighting on this evening.

In the trainers room, we see Regal and Hardy both slowly look around at one another, watching the other getting treatment for his injuries. Neither utters a word, but both lock eyes, as we fade out…

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

Opening shot of the American Flag waving proudly.

“What makes a GREAT American?”

Clips of Booker T & Elijah Burke high fiving, Paul London celebrating at Judgment Day with the United States title and Brock Lesnar fighting off The New Wave.

“Pride? Honour? Fighting spirit?”

Fade to darkness, then clips of the cocky THE Brian Kendrick holding the Cruiserweight and United States titles, Edge screwing Batista out of the WWE title, and Randy Orton punting Nick Dinsmore.

“Or is it Greed? Callousness? Malice?”

Shot of JBL looking cocky, arms spread wide, soaking up heat most likely, before switching to the rugged Batista, shaking the ropes in the ring during a match.

“In todays society, it becomes more and more difficult to decipher just who are the noble, and who are dishonourable by looks alone”

Clip of Americas Most Wanted, decked out in their ring attire containing the American Flag.

“There are those that bring shame to the stars and stripes”

Shot of M.V.P throwing money away, whilst sporting an overload of bling necklaces, and JBL assaulting Jamie Noble.

“There are those that have brought shame to living the American Dream”

Clip of Randy Orton hitting the Hangmans DDT on RVD at Judgment Day, Americas Most Wanted getting in the face of young fans at ringside, and Brian Kendrick attacking his ‘friend’ Paul London.

“Champions with no class, dignity, honour or respect”

Darkness.

“But a true hallmark of ALL Great Americans … is hope”

Euphoric music kicks in, and lots of rapid shots are shown now, of Paul London soaring through the air, Brock Lesnar with an F5 on Orton, Brian Kendrick running like a scalded dog, Booker & Eli getting the better of AMW … and a flashing image of a dark figure (The Undertaker??) in the distance??

“On July 8, the WWE welcomes ALL Great Americans to gather as one, and HOPE for justice … HOPE for righteousness … HOPE that good overcomes evil … ”

The euphoric music stops, and slow images of the cold Randy Orton, the bitter Edge, the cocky Brian Kendrick, then the toothy grin of JBL.

“HOPE”

WWE GREAT AMERICAN BASH | JULY 8 | WACHOVIA CENTRE, PHILADELPHIA
ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

Back to ringside…

Michael Cole: We are back, and indeed, ladies and gentlemen, Smackdowns next Pay Per View, the Great American Bash is two weeks away tomorrow. Brock Lesnar meets Randy Orton for the WWE Championship in the main event.

Jim Ross: And could JBL be taking on The Undertaker?? The Self Proclaimed Wrestling God has issued the challenge, and he wants an answer - TONIGHT!!

Jerry Lawler: Is JBL nuts?? Who in their right mind would call out The Deadman??

Jim Ross: JBL could well live to regret it King. We will find out once and for all tonight, if The Undertaker will accept or reject the challenge.

Michael Cole: You two can say all you want. JBL isn’t crazy. He’s got guts if you ask me. He isn’t scared of The Undertaker, and he believes the Phenom is just a plain phoney.

Jim Ross: Crazy, brave, stupid, it doesn’t matter Michael. JBL has made the challenge. And folks, still to come tonight, in addition to the semi finals and the final itself of the King of the Ring tournament, we have of course, that Brand Supremacy eight man tag team match, set up by Eric Bischoff.

Jerry Lawler: And as you’d say J.R, it could be a slobber knocker!!

Jim Ross: Both World Champions are involved, while the three men in the hunt for the World Title on Raw are teaming with our champion, Christian, as he leads the troops against Randy Orton from Smackdown, along with Ortons scheduled opponent in two weeks time, Brock Lesnar, and two other men set to meet at the Great American Bash, Edge and Batista.

Michael Cole: Yeah, and there are no allies whatsoever on that Smackdown side. That one could get ugly J.R.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t think there’ll be too many friends on the Raw team either.

**STAY IN SHADOW**

For the second time this evening, we see the United States Champion enter the arena, and the fans again rise to their feet for the Golden Boy, who is a little less quick on his way to the ring, conserving his energy.

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

With little fuss or flair, Albright marches down the aisle, fixing his glare on the ring, shaking his arms loose, ready for war, whilst London nods in the ring, well aware of the challenge that is coming from the former United States Champion.

~ SEMI FINAL ~
Brent Albright vs. Paul London
Just as it was at Judgment Day, the two open up tentatively, with London elusive, whilst Albright tries to wrestle him to the ground to wear him out. The two finally engage in a collar and elbow lock up, with Albright overpowering London into the corner, with the official forcing a break, and Brent cheekily going for a cheap shot but misses. London dodges out of the corner, running the ropes, but right into a drop toe hold from Albright, who instantly floats over … AND GOES FOR THE CROWBAR … BUT LONDON WRIGGLES OUT AND ROLLS OUT OF THE RING!!!

Huge piece of drama in the opening minutes, with London rolling out of the ring to avoid the deadly submission hold. Albright licks his lips, knowing London is worried about the submission, and patiently waits for Paul to get back inside. London enters, and again, they lock up, with Brent instantly going for an arm, and applying his own arm wringer, but London spins out, and trips Albright down, into a front face lock, with Brent trying to flip over to escape, but the U.S Champ keeps a firm hold, and transitions into a headlock, pressing down on Albright. Brent pushes up to reach his feet, and toward the ropes, shoving London off, then knocks him down on the return with a shoulder block.

After a near fall, Brent rag dolls London into the corner, and roughs the U.S champion up, driving successive knees to his gut, then sends him to the opposite corner, working him over this time with shoulders to the gut. Again, Albright looks to whip London to the corner, but this time, London hops to the middle turnbuckle, and splashes back - TAKING ALBRIGHT DOWN WITH A COVER … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Albright nearly got caught, but immediately drives a knee into the gut of his opponent as he reaches his feet, taking him over with a snap mare, then BOOTS the back, forcing London to yell in agony from the kick.

Brent then runs off the ropes, looking to deliver a boot to the face, but London lies back, forcing Brent to miss, and NIPS UP, before taking the oncoming Albright down with an arm drag … and another … AND A THIRD!!! Albright bounces up, stumbling into the ropes, with the fast paced London steaming in, and DROPSAULTS Albright, sending him tumbling out of the ring!!! London stands, feeding off the adulation of the fans momentarily, then looks as Albright regains his footing on the outside … THEN RUNS OFF THE ROPES … AND GOES THROUGH THE ROPES … SUICIDE DIVE TO ALBRIGHT!!!!!

‘HOLY SHIT’ is the chant inside the Pyramid, with Paul London risking life and limb to take out Brent Albright!!! Both men sell the effects of the dive, laid out on the outside, whilst Nick Patrick begins to issue a ten count. London, being the man that performed the move, is naturally the first to recover, crawling toward the apron, pulling himself up, rolling into the ring, and back onto the apron to break the count, and lies on the apron for a moment to continue to sell the effects of his dive. London then tries to get up, pulling himself up on the ropes at the apron … WHEN ALBRIGHT SWEEPS HIS LEGS FROM UNDER … AND LONDONS FACE SMASHES OFF THE APRON!!!

The Golden Boy falls onto the floor again, whilst Albright remains on his hands and knees, trying to shake the cobwebs loose. Eventually, the former U.S Champion gets to his feet, hammering the back of London, preventing him from getting up … THEN HIP TOSSES LONDON ONTO THE STEEL STEPS!!! A huge groan develops from the fans, as London writhes on the floor, with the momentum clearly shifting to Brent Albright … as we go to a commercial …

Commercial Break

And from the return, Brent Albright has a sleeper applied, with London in all kinds of trouble. With the hold applied we see clips from the commercial with Albright catapulting his opponent into the ring post, then back inside delivering a succession of clotheslines, with London bouncing all over the place. Back live, London is in serious trouble, on the canvas, with the big arms of Albright wrapped around his head and throat of the United States Champion. The fans get behind the Golden Boy, willing him on with “LETS GO LONDON” chants. London though is unable to respond, and forces Nick Patrick to raise his arm … dropping it once … dropping it twice … BUT NOT THE THIRD TIME!!!

London, to the joy of the fans, keeps his arm up, and begins to battle to his feet, with his opponent getting wild eyed and desperate, trying his best to tighten his grip, with the U.S Champion struggling to break free … and in an act of intelligence, London races up the ropes, pushing back … AND INTO A PIN ON ALBRIGHT … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!! Albright is forced to release the sleeper, and the two get up … WITH ALBRIGHT GOING FOR A BIG CLOTHESLINE … but London ducks under, ONLY FOR BRENT TO GRIP HIM FROM BEHIND … RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX!!!!! He covers, 1...2...NO!!! Albright slaps the mat in frustration, before stomping the head of London to keep him down, before dropping an elbow, and turns him over for another cover, 1...2...Kick out again!!!

Albright now pulls London up, sending him into the corner, following in … BUT LONDON RESPONDS WITH A REVERSE ELBOW!! Albright is staggered momentarily, but comes back, only to be met with a STIFF forearm from London, rocking the bigger man again. Albright turns away, shakes the cobwebs, then comes back again, but AGAIN London SMASHES him with a stiff forearm!! Albright drops to a knee from the ferociousness of the shot, as London now comes out of the corner, and BLASTS Albright with EVERYTHING he’s got, firing off successive forearms to the face of Albright. London feeds off the energy of the fans, roaring to the audience, before running off the ropes, AND DROPSAULTS THE FACE OF ALBRIGHT!! He makes the cover, 1...2...NO!!!

Albright has to dig down deep to survive, with London finding a second wind and now making his move toward a place in the final. As Albright tries to make it back to his feet, London meets him again with more stiff forearm shots, with everything he’s got going into them, sending Brent into the ropes. London turns, speeding off, hitting the ropes, charging back - BUT IS CAUGHT - AND ALBRIGHT EXECUTES A BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX … OVER THE TOP ROPE - SENDING LONDON ONTO THE FLOOR!!!!! The fans go crazy, with concern immediately coming over them, with London crashing BADLY onto the floor. In the ring, Albright leans on the ropes, watching his handy work, and licking him lips, catching his breath, before stepping out, and looks to get the United States Champion back inside to finish the job.

Brent struggles, with London at dead weight, and rolls the Golden Boy back inside, following in, and straight into a cover … 1...2...SHOULDER UP!!! Somehow, someway, London has the heart to kick out!! Albright cant believe it, and looks to be on the brink of a breakdown, shaking his head furiously. He drags London to his feet, and slams his forearm to the shoulder of London, putting the U.S Champ back down to a knee, before hooking him into position AND GOES FOR THE HALF NELSON SUPLEX … BUT LONDON BREAKS FREE IN MID AIR … AND COUNTERS … INTO A RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP!!! Both men are down from the counter, with the referee issuing the standard ten count … reaching five … before London turns over, draping an arm across the chest of Albright … 1...2...NO!!!!! The delay in making the cover surely cost London, and the match continues.

London and Albright both have to use the ropes to make it to their feet, and as they pull themselves up, their eyes meet, and the fans RISE in voice, with a fairly split reaction - many fans admiring Albrights work ethic - but more siding with the face, as both reach their feet at the ropes - AS ALBRIGHT STRIKES WITH A FOREARM … and London falls back into the corner … THEN RUSHES OUT WITH A FOREARM OF HIS OWN … the shot rocks Albright, who hangs onto the ropes to stay up … THEN FIRES BACK ANOTHER FOREARM TO LONDON!!! London reels away, dropping to a knee, then hops up, AND CRACKS ALBRIGHT WITH ANOTHER OF HIS OWN!!! Albright hangs onto the ropes again, as London tries to fire up another forearm … BUT THIS TIME - ALBRIGHT BLOCKS IT … GRABS THE ARM … AND TAKES LONDON DOWN … CROWBAR!!!!!

London is trapped, wildly trying to struggle free to no avail, with Albrights positioning keeping London from getting to the closest ropes. The fans are loud in voice, trying to inspire the challenger, but now Paul London has his hand raised … contemplating quitting … thinking … BUT REFUSES TO TAP OUT!!! The U.S champion looks to be fading, his hands dropping, his eyes closing, AS ALBRIGHT CRANKS BACK AGAIN … with London now digging down AGAIN … and surges forward … reaching out … with the fans begging for him to reach … and Albright seemingly unable to stop him … AND HE MAKES IT!!!!!!!!!! Londons grit sees him survive, as he holds onto the bottom rope for dear life, even after Albright releases the hold.

Albright, in fury, stomps wildly at the head of London, with thoughts of Judgment Day now surely running through the head of the former U.S Champion, unable to put his rival down. He drags London up to his feet, grabbing the head, and hammering him with right hand after right hand, unloading his frustrations on London, before being hauled off by the referee. Albright angrily argues with the referee, then shoves him away, coming back at London, roughhousing him again, spinning him around - AND GOES FOR THE HALF NELSON - AGAIN - BUT THIS TIME … LONDON COUNTERS BY ROLLING OVER … and goes behind Albright … AND EXECUTES THE DRAGON SUPLEX!!! London does hang on for a bridge and cover, but instead gets up, falling into the corner, catching his breath … BEFORE SCALING THE CORNER!!!

The fans pop, as London finally looks to go for his finishing manoeuvre, setting himself at the top rope … AND FLIES FOR THE 450 SPLASH … BUT ALBRIGHT ROLLS TO SAFETY!!!!! The United States Champion went for it all and missed, as his rival sits against the ropes, watching London writhe … THEN BOUNCES UP … AND GRABS THE ARM … CROWBAR!!!!! London is in no mans land, with no ropes anywhere from the middle of the ring … and no options … his King of the Ring hopes fading … FAST!!! Albright cranks back, closing his eyes, willing London on to submit … AND WITH AN AIR OF INEVITABILITY … LONDON YIELDS … AND TAPS OUT TO ALBRIGHT!!!!!
Winner: Brent Albright @ 19:29

Finally, Albright scores a win - A HUGE WIN - over the enigma that is Paul London, and advances to the FINAL of the 2007 King of the Ring tournament!!!

Michael Cole: What a spectacle!! What an amazing performance!!! This is the kind of action you only get from Friday Night Smackdown!!! Vindication for Brent Albright tonight, but he cant afford to rest on his laurels now.

Jim Ross: These two young men just laid it ALL on the line tonight. Anyone that doesn’t think the King of the Ring is a huge honour, just take a look at these two men. Brent Albright and Paul London just gave you EVERYTHING they had to offer, and by GAWD they just showed the entire world what becoming King of the Ring meant to them both.

Albright, looking pumped up from his win, power walks up the aisle, head down, seen talking to himself, firing himself up, clenching his fists, as he exits behind the curtain in order to prepare for the grand final a little later on.

Jerry Lawler: But in the end, only one could advance to the finals, and gentlemen, the better man on this night won. Brent Albright is one win away from being crowned the King of the Ring.

Michael Cole: And given the condition of BOTH Matt Hardy and William Regal, I think we can start to get the champagne glasses out over on Smackdown!!

We now see London stood in the ring, with the consolation of his coveted United States title still over his shoulder, as the fans stand and show their appreciation for his efforts this evening, despite ultimately coming up short. London raises his hands and claps to the fans, showing his appreciation of their love for him, mouthing “I‘m sorry”…

THEN GETS CLOBBERED FROM BEHIND BY BRIAN KENDRICK!!!

The Cruiserweight Champion - and #1 Contender for the United States title - lays out London with the Cruiserweight title belt, right to the back of the skull, and stands over his former friend, chuckling to himself, bending down, picking up the United States title, nodding his head in elation, as he raises it - and his own title belt - in the air, to vociferous heat.

Jim Ross: What a no good-

Michael Cole: Opportunity knocks, J.R. Brian Kendrick has spotted the opening, and at the Great American Bash he’s looking to become a dual champion.

Jerry Lawler: What a headline grabbing jerk. He has no business out here tonight, he didn’t make it far enough in the King of the Ring tournament because he wasn’t good enough, and yet he still showed up tonight to steal the spotlight!!

Michael Cole: He just sent the United States Champion a message, King. Surely you can appreciate those motives??

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, what a big man, attacking his former friend from behind.

Jim Ross: With plenty of emphasis on the ‘former’, King. That friendship is dead and buried now.

Michael Cole: Friends only bring you down in this business gentlemen. The WWE is a dog eat dog world, and friends don’t equal success. I can attest to that.

Kendrick leaves the ring - with BOTH the United States and Cruiserweight titles over his two shoulders - whilst London remains face down on the mat.

Jim Ross: Now where the hell is he going with that?? The United States title doesn’t belong to him!!!

Michael Cole: But it could just be a matter of time, J.R. Brian Kendrick sees what he wants, and while he may not legally own it yet, he will come July 8.

Jerry Lawler: Let’s not get carried away here, Cole. He attacked London from behind tonight. I get the impression that Kendrick wont be so brave when he meets London face to face in two weeks time.

Jim Ross: Well, that will come to pass, two weeks from tomorrow at the Great American Bash, but folks, we’re moments away from determining the other finalist in this years King of the Ring tournament. Will it be Matt Hardy or William Regal that meets Brent Albright in the final later tonight??

Michael Cole: We’ll find out - NEXT!!

Commercial Break

We return backstage, with Kelly Kelly standing by…

Kelly Kelly: Hi guys!! Later tonight, Raw meets Smackdown in an eight man tag team match, and with me now to talk about it is the World Heavyweight Champion himself, CHRISTIAN!!

To a big reaction, Christian enters the picture.

Kelly Kelly: Christian, right now, it seems like everyone is gunning for your title over on Raw. Especially the three men you’re teaming with tonight. With brand supremacy at stake though, do you think you can co-exist with your team mates, at least for one night??

Christian smirks at the question, then attempts to answer.

Christian: Well y’know-

Voice: TUDOS … ESCUCHAME …

Heat from the fans greet the sight of ARMANDO ESTRADA, who carries the Money in the Bank briefcase onto the set.

Armando Estrada: Captain Charisma … listen … HA HA … to me. Because … I … have a message … for JU!!!

Estrada holds up the briefcase, waving it inches from the nose of Christian.

Armando Estrada: The clock on ju’re title reign … IS TICKING!! Because very soon pero, ju’re little world of sunshine and happiness will crumble. And the reason?? THE … SAAAAAAA-MO-AN BULLDOZERRRR will be cashing IN his title match in the very near future, and he will be trading in this briefcase … for … ju’re … TITLE!! HA HA!!

Estrada has his heat seeking grin etched on his face, whilst Christian s......s.

Christian: Okay pero. Now (mocks AAE) Armandoooooo … hows about (mocks him again) ju listen … HA HA … to me?? (And into serious mode) I’m not surprised you want to swap that briefcase for these twelve pounds of gold. But since you’ve been learning a lot of English phrases, I’ve got another one for ya; ‘I want … doesn’t get’. You can talk all you want about trading that briefcase in for the World Championship … but I’m afraid it’s a ‘No deal’ on my end.

Estrada shakes his head, still smirking.

Armando Estrada: This isn’t an offer el mono, this is a fact. There is simply NOTHING ju can do to stop Umaga. No matter who ju’ve beaten and what ju’ve done in the past … ju cant beat Umaga. NO ONE CAN!! HE’S UN-DE-FEATED!! HE’S NEVER BEEN PINNED-

Christian interrupts.

Christian: I don’t care that your (wags his finger and mocks AAE again) SAAAAAAAA-MO-AN BULLDOZERRRR is undefeated. I don’t care that he quite possibly retired Shawn Michaels. He doesn’t … scare … me. I’m the World Heavyweight Champion for a reason, and like I said before to you and your overgrown troll … I’ll be ready for the challenge ANYTIME … and he’s not taking ANYTHING from me … especially … this.

Christian taps his title belt, giving Estrada the message. Armando raises his hands innocently, offering a smile.

Armando Estrada: Please pero, ju don’t need to be so … como se dice?? Hostile. I am merely here to offer a fair warning to the World Heavyweight Champion. And hombre, believe ju and m-

Suddenly, Estrada is stopped, as he feels a hand on his shoulder … the hand of KURT ANGLE!!

Kurt Angle: Armando, if you have something to say to the World Heavyweight Champion, you should just direct your questions to me.

Angle looks at Christian, before speaking again.

Kurt Angle: Because very soon, I’LL BE the World Heavyweight Champion.

Estrada opens his mouth to speak, but Christian butts in first.

Christian: I don’t think so, Kurt. Y’see, you were a World Champion … but that was a long time ago. And for as long as you and I are both on Raw, it’ll be a long time before you are a World Champion again.

Christian fixes the title belt on his shoulder and prepares to walk off the set, but has a parting message for both.

Christian: But hey, the way I see it, you and Scarface here are about as deluded as each other. So … why don’t the two of you discuss you being World Champion Kurt, and Armando, you can tell Kurt here about your meal ticket becoming World Champion whenever he feels like it. Meanwhile, I’m gonna step back into reality and prepare for my match a little later. Ciao.

Captain Charisma salutes Angle, before walking off, leaving Estrada and Angle to watch on, before looking over at each other, as we fade out.

Back into the arena…

**LIVE FOR THE MOMENT**

Matt Hardy bravely enters the arena, limping heavily, but still throwing his arms up to signal to the fans. He winces in pain, still selling his injuries, as he hobbles down the aisle.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, two battle tested warriors in that man, Matt Hardy and the veteran William Regal will battle it out. Who meets Brent Albright in the grand final?? Don’t go away!!!

Commercial Break

We return, with William Regal now at the bottom of the ramp, holding a bloody towel to his mouth, still bleeding, and also looking dishevelled after his vicious beating at the hands of Umaga earlier.

~ SEMI FINAL ~
William Regal vs. Matt Hardy
Both men slowly circle the ring, neither wanting to give an early advantage away, as it could prove costly for either. Regal attempts to implement his wrestling on Matt, but struggles to get Hardy to the mat, with his early beating at the hands of Umaga making Regal look sluggish now and worn down. Hardy evades Regal, despite his badly injured leg, and tries to pick the veteran off with his trademark stiff right hands, eventually shooting Regal off the ropes, and knocking him down with a reverse elbow, dropping down for a cover, 1...2...NO!!

Regal struggles back up to his feet, with Matt following in, keeping the heat on the Brit, and shoots him across the ring, following in (slowly) with a clothesline, and looks to hit a bulldog on the way out - but Regal throws him off, then knocks him down with a stiff clothesline!! Regal stumbles, showing the effects of his likely concussion, then drops a knee, and covers Hardy, digging his elbow into Matts face, 1...2...NO!! Hardy kicks out, but Regal - running on auto pilot - hammers the face of his opponent, driving his elbows and forearm into the face of Matt on the canvas, and makes another cover, 1...2...NO!!!

The veteran now pulls Matt to his feet, hooking him up, and executes a butterfly suplex, floating over for another cover, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Regal is unable to put Matt away, and the frustrations begin to show, with the Brit gritting his teeth before pushing himself back up. He brings Matt with him, pulling his opponent up by the hair, BUT NOW Matt fires back, with shots to the mid section of Regal winding his adversary, then charges him into the corner, driving his shoulder into the gut, and pulls him back out, executing a snap suplex. Hardy covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

Matt gets back up, still hobbling, and patiently waits for Regal to stand up, and attempts a boot - BUT REGAL CATCHES THE FOOT - AND DELIVERS AN UPPERCUT FOREARM TO THE LEG!!! Hardy immediately crumbles to the mat, and Regal turns him over, dropping down … AND LOOKS FOR AN STF … BUT HARDY SCRAMBLES … AND GREATFULLY CLUTCHES THE ROPES!!! The break is forced, with Hardy knowing he would struggle to survive the strain on his bad leg.

Regal though, seems to be hitting a second wind, and -still bleeding from the mouth - demands Hardy to get to his feet, with Matt struggling. Regal darts in, dragging his opponent up to his feet, but Matt kicks Regal in the gut … AND DROPS HIM WITH A DDT!!! Hardy drapes an arm over his opponent, 1...2...NO!!! Regal kicks out, SOMEHOW!!! Both men are slow to rise, with Hardy struggling on his bad leg, whilst Regal looks to have run out of gas. Hardy is up first, and waits for Regal to follow, but the veteran cant get to his feet!!! Regal leans up against the ropes, challenging Hardy to come at him, with Hardy torn, seeing Regal has nothing left in the tank … but puts him out of his misery - kicking him in the gut - AND SCORES WITH A TWIST OF FATE!!! Hardy hooks the leg, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Matt Hardy @ 04:11

In the end, Regals earlier beating at the hands of Umaga gave him little chance of putting up a sustained challenge in this match. Hardy has his hand raised, but is still hobbling, selling his earlier leg injury.

Jim Ross: Could it be possible?? Could Matt Hardy, after almost a decade of hard work and perseverance, finally make the breakthrough to the upper echelon?? He will now contest the FINAL of the 2007 King of the tournament a little later on, against Smackdowns Brent Albright.

Michael Cole: And the two men know each other very well, J.R. Last year, it was Matt Hardy who lost the United States title to Albright; a championship that Albright would hold onto for SEVEN long months. The psychological advantage is most certainly with Albright.

Jerry Lawler: So is the physical advantage, Michael Cole. Matt Hardy is FAR from a hundred percent going into that final.

In the ring, Hardy sportingly helps Regal to his feet, getting a nice ovation from the fans for his gesture, with the beaten Brit raising the arm of Hardy, endorsing the Carolinian, graciously accepting his defeat.

Jim Ross: But gentlemen, Matt Hardy wisely protected that leg for the most part against William Regal. Minimum damage was absorbed, and he got the job done quickly too. Hardy has competed this evening for a total of nineteen minutes, but Albright has competed for a total of THIRTY. Advantage Hardy in that aspect??

Michael Cole: Maybe so, but Brent Albright has the gas in the tank to go for ANOTHER thirty PLUS if he needs to later tonight. I don’t think Matt Hardy, with the condition his leg is in, can.

Regal leaves the ring, with Hardy opening up the ropes for the battered veteran, showing respect for his opponent, before raising his arm again, getting a decent reaction from the fans.

Jerry Lawler: Matt Hardy is a gutsy competitor Michael, don’t rule him out. He wants it - BADLY.

Michael Cole: And so does Albright, King. Don’t forget that.

Jim Ross: So, ladies and gentlemen, the 2007 King of the Ring final is SET; Matt Hardy from Raw meets Friday Night Smackdowns Brent Albright. One of those two men will join the list of immortality as King of the Ring. That will be decided later tonight, but before that, coming up in a few momtents … John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield will call out The Undertaker one more time. Will The Deadman finally respond?? Or have we truly seen the last of The Undertaker??

Commercial Break

*THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN PAID FOR BY LAYFIELD ENTERPRISES*

The video opens up with a crowded picture akin to the ‘Where’s Waldo’ (or Wally for the British), and the voiceover speaks;

“Where is The Undertaker in this picture?”

The camera moves around the picture, moving closer, up, down, left, right … no sign of The Undertaker.

“Did you find him??”

The camera continues to move around the picture, but it seems like it’s impossible to spot where The Undertaker is.

“Of course you didn’t. Because he isn’t there.”

The clip changes to an early sight of The Undertaker, circa 91/92, methodically walking to the ring.

“After a decade and a half of destruction, The Undertaker has disappeared from the face of the earth … but why??”

Clips of The Undertaker with the title at WrestleMania XIII, face to face with Kane the following year, and throwing Mick Foley off the Hell in a Cell roof.

“This, a man who has struck fear into his rivals, a man who dominated men bigger even than he is, a man who won multiple championships … gone … but why??”

Cut to a clip of JBL, standing tall in the ring.

“This is why”

Clips of JBL attacking opponents.

“The Undertaker is a coward. He looks at JBL, and sees the biggest threat to his reign as the conscience of the WWE. And instead of standing tall, and fighting like a man, he has disappeared, into the shadows”

Cut back to a mix of old and recent shots of The Undertaker.

“So now, it‘s up to you … the fans … to decide”

Shot’s of Taker delivering countless Tombstones.

“Is The Undertaker a fraud??”

Clips of Takers wins at WrestleManias.

“Has The Undertaker fed you lies for over fifteen years??”

Flashing shots of Taker sitting up, hitting Old School, and the cut throat taunt.

“Is he the Deadman or the Conman??”

Close up of Taker rolling his eyes back.

“Phenom or Phoney??”

Cut to black. Then back to clips of JBL.

“JBL knows the answers. He has been hunting The Undertaker for over two months, but The Undertaker remains in hiding. JBL has publicly challenged The Undertaker … but The Undertaker remains in the shadows”

Mocking images of Taker; first with a yellow line on his back, then a clear photoshop of JBL standing over The Deadman.

“Let it be known. Tell your friends, tell your neighbours, tell your family, and tell your work colleagues. The Undertaker fears … John … Bradshaw … Layfield”

**END PACKAGE**

Back into the arena…

**LONGHORN**

{/THIRD HOUR}

The fans voice their hatred for JBL, as the stretch white limo pulls up at the side of the stage, and the driver steps outs to open the door, and allow Layfield to exit the vehicle.

Jim Ross: Is that truly the bravest man in the WWE, or the stupidest??

Jerry Lawler: It’s definitely one or the other J.R.

Michael Cole: Make no mistake guys, JBL may have a big mouth, but he’s got guts too. He firmly believes HE is the reason that The Undertaker has been in hiding, and he firmly believes that HE will put the Deadman away for good if he does return tonight. He’s that confident, he’s even allowing The Undertaker to name the match at the Great American Bash.

JBL makes his way down the aisle, a smile firmly etched on his face, parading his hat, waving it at the fans, as he approaches the ring.

Jim Ross: Well, the time has come. Is The Undertaker here?? Will he accept the challenge from JBL??

Jerry Lawler: And if he does, what kind of match is he gonna put JBL into??

In the ring, JBL waits - mic in hand - for the music to die down, before preparing to talk, but stops, due to the heat from the fans.

Layfield continues to wait, as the fans eventually die down.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: I wouldn’t want to insult your intelligence … but since we’re in Memphis, I suspect that doesn’t really count-

Cheap heat.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: But allow me to remind you people exactly why I, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield, have graced you with my presence this evening.

Layfield pauses.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: The Undertaker has been AWOL- sorry, I beg your pardon - The Undertaker has been in hiding ever since WrestleMania Twenty Three … which just so happened to coincide with MY grandiose return at the Showcase of the Immortals.

He pauses again, as chants of “BULLSHIT” are audibly heard.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: The so-called “Phenom” ran like a scalded dog into the shadows, knowing that payback was comin’, after he put me in the shelf back in November last year. From the moment I came back, I made my intentions clear; I wanted a piece of The Deadman. I wanted my opportunity to deliver redemption after he cost me my rightful spot at WrestleMania. I threw down the gauntlet the very moment I came back, I laid out the challenge … and The Undertaker hasn’t been seen, he hasn’t been heard from … in my eyes … and I suspect all of yours too … The Undertaker … is scared.

Huge heat descends on JBL for that comment.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: I don’t blame you people for not liking it. Many of you have grown up idolising the so-called “Demon Of Death Valley” for the last seventeen years. You’ve seen him as the one true constant in the WWE, regardless of whose era it may be. The man that strikes fear rather than be struck by it, the timeless WrestleMania Streak, victim after victim inside the demonic Hell in a Cell. But the facts are this; I return at WrestleMania … The Undertaker vanishes. I call him out, week after week, to face me like a man … and he stays hidden. I offer him the chance to NAME ANY MATCH … of his choosing … and he remains in the shadows.

Boos for JBL.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: To me … that makes The Undertaker … a coward.

Heat, but JBL talks over it.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: A COWARD, A FRAUD AND A GOD DAMN PHONEY!!!

Heat overwhelms JBL, and he stops to allow the fans to vent their anger.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: You’re all angry, because you know I’m right, arent you?? You people are angry at yourselves for worshipping a conman for damn near TWO decades. BUT FEAR NOT … BECAUSE I, JOHN ‘BRADSHAW’ LAYFIELD have a NEW hero for you people to worship. A TRUE ‘Phenom’ … a true ‘Hero’ … … ME!!!

More heat for that suggestion.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: I wont run into the shadows and leave you people stranded. I wont duck the challenges of bigger, badder, nastier men. For I … am a WRESTLING … GAWWWWWDDDD!!!!

Boos. JBL laughs off mic, then holds a hand up, before turning his attention toward the ramp.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: But Undertaker … if … if you’re here … it’s now … or it’s never. Don’t bother waiting for another three months, six months or a year. If you are man enough, you’ll accept my challenge right now. Tell the world ‘Taker … lets them know … ARE YOU REALLY THE PHENOM??? … or just a no-good phoney??

Layfield walks to the ropes, and waits for a response, with the fans simmering down, waiting …

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: What’s it t’be Deadman??

JBL leans over the ropes, smiling broadly, with NO SIGN of The Undertaker. JBL waits, then shakes his head.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: The silence says it all. Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe we have our answer. Take a look at your NEW Phenom.

Heat.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: Accept the fact that The Undertaker has deserted you all, because he can no longer compete with the greats. The Deadman is nooooo match for THE WRESTLINGGGGG … GAWWWWW-

!!!~ THE LIGHTS GO OUT ~!!!

!!!

The Pyramid is rocking, as the fans begin to expect the return of The Undertaker. The lights remains off, as we hear the clear, booming voice from The Deadman.

The Undertaker: Haven’t you ever heard the phrase; “Let a sleeping dog lie”??

The lights remain out, as Taker continues.

The Undertaker: For months, JBL, you have been demanding my return, and a one on one match. Be careful what you wish for… because now … you have unlocked … THE GATES … OF HELLLLLL!!!!!

Huge pop in the arena … but the pop dies quickly, as the lights return … with NO SIGN of The Undertaker. A few boos are even heard with the lack of appearance from The Undertaker.

JBL looks around the ring, on edge, before slowly bringing a smile upon his face, and speaks into the mic.

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield: Your words don’t impress me, Deadman. I cant even tell if that was an acceptance of my challenge. You didn’t even say what kind of match you wanted!! In my eyes you’re still a Phoney, Deadman. What kind of ‘hero’ doesn’t face his enemies face to face?? The Undertaker … is A COW-ARD!!!

!!!~ THE LIGHTS GO OUT ~!!!

… The fans pop again …

... THE LIGHTS RETURN …

... AND THE UNDERTAKER IS IN THE RING …

... FACE TO FACE WITH JBL ...

!!!

The fans are in uproar, as JBL is frozen to the spot, as if he’s seen a ghost … AS TAKER GRIPS HIM BY THE THROAT … AND DELIVERS AN ALMIGHTY CHOKESLAM!!!!!

Memphis is in hysterics, as The Undertaker kneels down, picking up the mic, and stands back up, looking down at the prone body of JBL…

The Undertaker: BURIED … ALIIIIIIVVVVVEEE!!!!!

**GONG**

**GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY**

Jim Ross: WHAT!!?? OH MY- GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

Michael Cole: A BURIED ALIVE MATCH???!!!

Jerry Lawler: OH MY!!!!

The fans are on their feet, as The Deadman kneels down in the ring, rolling his eyes back, making a spectacular return, and accepts the match with JBL at the Great American Bash … making it a BURIED ALIVE match!!

Jim Ross: I cant believe what I just heard!! The Undertaker will meet JBL in Philadelphia at the Great American Bash … in a BURIED … ALIVE MATCH!!!

Jerry Lawler: He said JBL should’ve been careful with what he wished for!!

Michael Cole: Somebody has got to block this from happening. It’s just not safe!!! It’s inhuman!!!

Jim Ross: JBL threw down the gauntlet. He dogged and harassed The Undertaker for months, asking for his return. He offered a match of his choosing … and by Gawd, did that bravado come back to bite him!!!

Jerry Lawler: JBL had better start praying for miracles, guys.

The Deadman now leaves the ring, slowly walking up the aisle … as we fade out, into another commercial break.

Commercial Break

VIDEO PACKAGE

The scene opens with the face of NICK NEMETH, staring into a full length sized mirror. Smiling at his reflection, Nemeth runs a comb through his hair, before talking into the mirror.

Nick Nemeth: Hi again. Nick Nemeth here again.

Nemeth stops, patting a part of his hair with his hand to fix it to perfection.

Nick Nemeth: Y’know, some people use the word “Narcissist” like it’s a dirty word.

Nemeth stops smiling, and shakes his head in disgust.

Nick Nemeth: Some even use it as an insult; as a slight on someones character … a tool to make someone feel less good about themselves.

Head bowed momentarily, Nemeth continues.

Nick Nemeth: … Some people call me a narcissist.

Nemeths head slowly rises, looking up at the mirror with a grin on his face.

Nick Nemeth: I don’t take it as an insult though. To me?? Being called a narcissist is a compliment. I’m PROUD to be a narcissist. Yeah, I spend longer to make sure my hair sits perfectly … and I didn’t get this body by hanging out at McDonalds.

Nick stands, and shows off his perfect abs.

Nick Nemeth: I wear the tag of Narcissist as a badge of honour. Do you do the same with your tag of jealousy??

Nemeth pulls a white T-Shirt on, and runs his fingers through his hair again, making sure not one is out of place.

Nick Nemeth: Yes, I AM the most important person in my life … After all … if you cant love yourself … who can you love??

Nemeth winks, as the video fades out.

- ‘THE NARCISSIST’ NICK NEMETH -
~ COMING TO FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN ~
… SOON …

Back into the arena…

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, we are still in shock. Moments ago, we witnessed the return of The Undertaker, after a little over three months in the wilderness, and he returned with an almighty bang.

Michael Cole: Did he ever, J.R. The Undertaker is a sadist. JBL wanted a fight with him at the Great American Bash - NOT a freak show death match!!!

Jerry Lawler: Either JBL or The Undertaker will be Buried Alive on July 8 guys. How scary a thought is that.

Michael Cole: It’s absurd!!! It’s too much!! It’s too dangerous!!!

Jim Ross: Well it will happen, that much is for sure, and what a spectacle is promises to be!!!

**HERE COMES THE PAIN**

A strong face reaction greets ‘The Iron Man’, with Brock Lesnar walking onto the stage with a purpose, ahead of this eight person tag team match, pitting Smackdown against Raw.

Jim Ross: And lets not forget, that at the Great American Bash, THAT MAN, Brock Lesnar meets Randy Orton - for the richest prize in the game, the WWE Championship!!

Michael Cole: You guys from Raw jealous?? If you arent lucky, Eric Bischoff might just decide to stay with the superior talent on Smackdown.

Jerry Lawler: I’m not part of Raw, idiot.

Michael Cole: Oh yeah, you got relegated (laughs as he speaks) for The Coach!!

**METALINGUS**

With the show pressed for time, Lesnar doesn’t even get to finish his entrance before Edge’s music kicks in, with the Rated ‘R’ Superstar rushing towards the ring.

Michael Cole: And how about Edge taking on Batista on July 8 too!! You guys hyped Vengeance to holy hell with your ‘Triple Main Event’, but for my money, our top three matches for the Bash completely blow your line up outta the water.

Jerry Lawler: Didn’t you hear me, idiot. I’m not on Raw. I’m the impartial one here.

Michael Cole: I was talking to J.R, King. You’re only here for a touch of nostalgia.

Jim Ross: Calm down, Michael. Yes, Smackdowns line up for the Great American Bash IS impressive, but my loyalties lie on the Raw brand, and personally, I think you guys would be doing well to have half as good a show as we had last week.

**I WALK ALONE**

No pyro on the stage for Batista tonight. The Animal walks down the aisle, with his entrance being hastily rushed.

Jim Ross: Is there a more impressive physical specimen in the WWE today?? The Animal has been knocking the door on that glass ceiling for some time, and many believe a win over Edge in just over two weeks time on Pay Per View could be the breakthrough he needs.

Michael Cole: He came within a whisker of becoming WWE Champion last month, and if it hadn’t been for the maniacal Edge, we could well have been looking at Batista right now with that title belt around his waist.

Jerry Lawler: He has all the tools, gentlemen. Batista is on the cusp of championship glory if you ask me.

**VOICES**

The music of Randy Orton raises the ire of the fans, with heat for the WWE Champion as he saunters onto the stage, and down the aisle.

Jim Ross: He is the man that hounded Ric Flair into retirement, the man that punted his way to the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, putting Rob Van Dam on the shelf in the process, and over the past few months, he has done the same to Chris Jericho and Nick Dinsmore. His New Wave is falling apart at the seams … yet somehow, he manages to come out of every situation still in tact as WWE Champion.

Michael Cole: And surely that J.R, is a mark of a champion. The New Wave have been like a noose around this mans neck for months, yet despite that, he’s come through every situation with his title in tact. His methods are certainly questionable, but the results are what matter, and for Randy Orton, the results speak for themselves J.R.

Jerry Lawler: You do make a good point for once Michael. But his treatment of his peers is sickening. The embarrassment he forced on Ric Flair - the greatest EVER in my book - was despicable.

There is an uneasy tension in the ring between the four Smackdown superstars, with Edge and Batista sharing a few words, with The Animal laughing at the threats coming from Edge, whilst Orton wisely keeps his distance from Lesnar, who watches the WWE Champions every move.

**MY TIME IS NOW**

Attention turns to the stage again, as John Cena briskly enters, getting the trademark 50/50 response from the fans.

Jim Ross: John Cena, six days removed from the biggest, most humiliating loss of his career, will look to begin his road to redemption here and now, tonight at Saturday Nights Main Event. Can Cena co-exist with his fellow Raw superstars?? We’ll find out - NEXT!!!

Commercial Break

We return with Mister Kennedy now reaching the bottom of the aisle, not joining Cena, who is standing his ground in the middle of the ring, despite all four Smackdown opponents being there too.

**MEDAL**

To a reaction split between respect and hatred, the Olympian strides confidently onto the stage, but like everyone else, doesn’t get to let off the fireworks etc, having to settle with a quick, no frills entrance.

Jim Ross: He is CONVINCED he deserves the next shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Kurt Angle, after beating John Cena last Sunday at Vengeance has a heck of a claim, and he believes that it’s simply a matter of time before he is crowned World Champion for the EIGHTH time.

Michael Cole: His resume speaks for itself. Olympic Gold Medallist, a former King of the Ring winner, Intercontinental, European, United States Championships, and as you said J.R, EIGHT world championships too. He is what he says he is; a wrestling machine.

Jerry Lawler: You know how much I love Angle J.R. He’s been the best in the business for the best part of the decade, and at this moment, he seems hungrier than ever, in a prime position to once again be crowned World Champion. I know I wouldn’t back against him, that’s for sure!!

**JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES**

The response is positive, as Christian - with his World Title in tow - makes his way to the ring, saluting ‘The Peeps’, before quickly advancing down the aisle, where we see both Angle and Kennedy watching, whilst Cena remains focused on the opposition IN the ring.

Jim Ross: THE top dog in the WWE today, Christian is a two time World Champion, that has had to fight off a number of hungry young challengers in recent times, and the list of potential challengers is growing by the day. It’s tough at the top, and Christian surely now realises it.

Jerry Lawler: His three partners all have their eyes on that title, J.R, and then you’ve got the likes of Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy and Umaga just to name a few waiting in the wings!!

Michael Cole: And those challenges he has already seen off are beginning to take their toll. Hell in a Cell in April, a Ladder Match last month, Mister Kennedy a week ago. How much more can Christian take guys??

Christian reaches the bottom of the ramp, and eyes Angle, then Kennedy, before sliding into the ring, joining Cena, as we get set for the match to begin, with the ring slowly clearing, and Angle slips inside to kick off for Raw, against Brock Lesnar from Smackdown.

Special Attraction | Eight Person Tag Team Match:
Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, Edge & Batista vs.
Christian, John Cena, Kurt Angle & Mr. Kennedy
Lesnar and Angle are the legal men to start the match, and the two former long time rivals face off, with the fans building up in the background as Kurt and Brock stall momentarily … before trading blows back and forth, punch for punch. Quickly, The Olympian drives a knee to the mid section, and trips Lesnar to the ground and then looks to school Brock, but Lesnar overpowers Kurt and gets back to his feet, taking down an oncoming Angle with a hip toss. He backs Kurt into the corner, and beats away at him there, before tagging to Edge. Wasting no time, Edge hits five hard shoulder thrusts in the corner to Angle, and then whips him off the ropes, but Angle anticipates Edge ducking down, and delivers a running knee lift, knocking Edge backwards, THEN GRASPS HIM - BELLY TO BELLY!!! Angle covers, 1...2...NO!!! He doesn’t end it there, and decides to now tag out, bringing Edge to the corner, before tagging Kennedy in.

Kennedy takes it to Edge, and lays a number of right hands in the corner, softening him up for an Irish Whip, following up with a deep knee to the gut to knock Edge down, before making a cover for a quick two count. Kennedy drags Edge back up, but is taken aback by a comeback from the Rated ‘R’ Superstar, and Edge now runs off the ropes, and scores with a dropkick to the 2006 King of the Ring, quickly covering, 1...2...NO!! Edge quickly pulls Kennedy up, and reaches, tagging Orton into the match for the first time. Orton slips inside, pounding Kennedy down in the corner, and sends him off the ropes, ducking down - and Kennedy acts quickly, GOING FOR A SUNSET FLIP … but Orton drops down, and grabs the legs of his opponent for a cover, 1...2...NO!!! Kennedy escapes the pin, and gets to his feet, ducking a clothesline attempt from Orton, then CONNECTS with a Roundhouse kick!!! He covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

With Orton down, Kennedy takes the opportunity to tag out, and slaps the arm of Christian - ORDERING - the World Champion to get in. Christian and Kennedy share a look of disdain as Christian gets inside, before turning his attention to his opposite number; fellow World Champion, Randy Orton. Christian and Orton look across from one another, with Randy on a knee, but not for long, as he backs up, begging off from Christian … then looks for a cheap shot, but Christian had it scouted, blocks it, and fires off on Orton!!! The fans pop for the action, with the Raw superstar pounding away at Randy in the corner, with the fans eventually counting along, as he mounts the ropes to continue … but after nine … Orton surprises his fellow World Champ, dropping him onto the top turnbuckle!!! Christian hit’s the buckle, and staggers out, into the path of his enemy, with Orton executing a powerslam, and hooks the leg, 1...2...Kick Out. Now, in the corner, Orton stomps the face and chest of Christian, then reaches out, tagging in Batista.

The Animal uses his powerful offence to great effect on Christian, taking the wind out of the World Champion, before shooting him off into a neutral corner, rushing in, and clothes lining Captain Charisma, crushing him in the corner. Christian staggers out, with Big Dave sending him to the opposite corner, and rushing in for a second corner clothesline … BUT CHRISTIAN SPINS OUT, ONTO THE ROPES - SEESAW KICK CONNECTS!!! Batista is staggered from the kick, and Christian sets himself onto the top rope, waiting for The Animal to turn around - AND CONNECTS WITH A REVERSE ELBOW TO TAKE BATISTA OFF HIS FEET!!! Christian now crawls to his corner, where the outstretched hand of John Cena awaits … BUT EDGE PULLS CHRISTIAN FROM THE CORNER!!!

Oddly, Edge helps his foe, Batista, and accepts the stern lecture from the official, as we see Batista - seemingly unaware of Edges interference - now deliver a sidewalk slam to Christian, and make a cover, but the referee is slow to make the count, and it’s only a two this time. The advantage though, is with Smackdown, and Batista tags Lesnar back in, as we head to a commercial.

Commercial Break

As we return, it’s now Cena and Edge the legal men, with Edge on top, before we get clips from during the break, where Christian slipped away from Batista to tag in Cena, but before Cena and Batista could get it on, Edge made a blind tag on The Animal. Edge sends Cena off the ropes, but the Raw superstar fires back ducking under a clothesline, then connects with a hip toss. Edge then rolls away, to his corner, tagging Lesnar, as Kennedy tags the back of Cena to bring himself back in, showing no fear of the Iron Man. Lesnar overpowers Kennedy though, and throws him to the corner, looking to run in with a high knee, but Kennedy ducks out, then scores with a DDT on Brock for a two count. As he gets back up, Angle makes a blind tag off Kennedy, with the 2006 King of the Ring winner looking angered - despite having just done the same to Cena.

The two exchange a few heated words, but Angle blows him off, quickly getting on his former long time rival, dragging him up, looking for a sudden ANGLE SLAM … BUT LESNAR LANDS BEHIND … AND AS ANGLE TURNS AROUND … HE TAKES HOISTS HIM UP FOR THE F5 … NO!!! Angle frees himself, and takes Brock with an inside cradle … but The Iron Man slips out at two. The two trade blows as they get up, but Angle - despite taking more blows - wins the exchange eventually, ducking under a shot … going behind … AND DELIVERS A THUNDEROUS GERMAN SUPLEX … AND HOLDS ON!!! He hangs on, to a mixed reaction from the fans, and hits another … AND HANGS ON AGAIN!!! He hangs on again, looking for the third in the series … but this time, Lesnar reaches out his hand, in desperation … and … BATISTA makes the vital tag, but it’s gone undetected by Angle, who hangs on to Lesnar, and delivers another German … but it’s all for nothing … as Batista surprises him AND DRILLS ANGLE WITH A SPINEBUSTER!!!

The fans come alive, as Batista turns it up a notch, and SHAKES THE ROPES signalling the BATISTA BOMB … BUT EDGE MAKES A BLIND TAG ON HIS RIVAL!!!!! Batista is fuming, as Edge no sells Batistas reaction, jumping on Angle, hammering the Olympian, before the irate Animal shoves Edge off, shouting at him “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??” Orton is forced to play mediator, stepping in front of Big Dave, telling him to calm down, all the while … Angle is crawling away … AND TAGS IN CHRISTIAN!!! Captain Charisma is back in, and as Orton and Batista are ordered to the outside, he spins Edge around, and rattles him with a big right hand, beating Edge into the ropes, looking for a whip, but it’s reversed by Edge, who ducks down for the return, but Christian kicks him away … AND LOOKS FOR A QUICK UNPRETTIER … BUT EDGE SCRAMBLES FREE, pushes Christian off the ropes … AND LOOKS FOR A SPEAR … BUT CHRISTIAN SIDESTEPS … and Edge runs into the corner!!! Christian drags Edge out of the corner, and DROPS HIM WITH THE REVERSE DDT!!! The cover is made, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

Edge kicks out, with Christian looking frustrated by the kick out, waiting and watching as Edge tries to get up, then runs off the ropes … WHERE ORTON DRIVES HIS KNEE INTO THE BACK OF THE CHAMPION!!! Christian stumbles from the ropes … AND INTO A BIG BOOT FROM EDGE!!! Edge makes a cover immediately, 1...2...NO!!! Despite the interference, Christian survives, but it’s the blue brand in control now, as Edge tags Orton in. Orton goes on the attack, getting a near fall from a snap powerslam, before clubbing the chest of Christian, wearing him down, before applying the CHINLOCK OF DOOM~!! Christian begins to fade, with the pressure increasing from the WWE Champion. On the outside, Cena stamps the apron, trying to lift the fans, who will Captain Charisma on. The World Champion battles to his feet though, trying to fight Orton off, who transitions into a sleeper to keep Christian at his mercy, but fails to keep him from his corner … and Christian reaches out to Kennedy … WHO REFUSES THE TAG!!! Kennedy looks away, as if he hasn’t seen Christian, who is desperately trying to tag out … and Cena loses his patience with the 2006 King of the Ring, and shoves Kennedy away … MAKING THE TAG!!!

Cena bursts into the ring, running off the ropes, ducking under Orton, then flying back … WITH A FLYING SHOULDER TACKLE!!! Cena then sees Edge coming at him … AND CHUCKS HIM OUT OF THE RING!!! Cena picks Orton up, and whips him toward the Smackdown corner, into Batista and Lesnar, knocking Big Dave off the apron, whilst Lesnar just holds on, but loses his temper at the act from Cena … AND ENTERS THE RING … WITH ALL HELL BREAKING LOOSE!!!

Suddenly, Angle joins Cena in the ring, tackling Lesnar into the corner, whilst Kennedy drops down, attacking Batista at ringside, and Christian gets to grips with Edge outside too. In the ring, Cena pounds Orton in the corner, whilst Angle is overpowered by Lesnar, who fights out of the corner, then runs off the ropes … BUT IS CAUGHT … AND BELLY TO BELLIED … OUT OF THE RING!!! The fans go crazy for the big move, and Angle now looks to team up with Cena (by the looks of things anyway), but Cena seemingly senses someone coming up behind him, and instinctively, THROWS AN ELBOW!!! Angle gets clocked by the elbow, and Cena spins around - realising what he has just done … and the pause allows Orton to come from behind … AND SCORES WITH HIS BACK/NECK BREAKER!!! Orton now makes a cover, 1...2...CHRISTIAN DRAGS HIM OFF!!! Captain Charisma saves the match, but before he can do any damage to Orton, BATISTA - having fought off Kennedy - is at him, and axe handles the World Champion, with Christian tumbling, falling out of the ring again through the ropes.

Batista then turns, BUT GETS CLOCKED with a big clothesline from Angle, putting the big man down, and looks to quickly drag him back up, but The Animal punches Kurt in the gut to put a stop to his attack. Angle doubles over, and stumbles a foot in front of Batista, who tries to reach his feet again. Meanwhile … EDGE is in the ring, and setting himself FOR A SPEAR … but is it for ANGLE OR BATISTA??? The two are too close together to tell … AS EDGE RACES ACROSS … WITH ANGLE MOVING AWAY … AND EDGE NAILING BATISTA!!!!! There is a huge reaction inside the arena, but it’s impossible to tell if Angle or Batista was the intended recipient, as Edge doesn’t have time to show his reaction … AS ANGLE COMES FROM BEHIND … ANGLE SLAM!!!

Angle shoots up, letting out a massive roar … but is spun around by Orton … RKO … NO!!! Angle shoves Orton off the ropes … AND DELIVERS A BELLY TO BELLY ON THE WWE CHAMPION!!! Angle shoots up again after the impact … and spots Cena on his knees, remembering the earlier elbow … AND APPLIES THE ANKLE LOCK ON CENA!!! Angle gains revenge, attacking the ankle of Cena … but not for long, as CHRISTIAN re-enters the ring, pulling Angle off, shoving his team mate, telling him to ‘knock it off’ … but before anything more can happen … KENNEDY BLINDSIDES THE CHAMPION!!! Kennedy AND Angle now put the boots to Christian, working in tandem, with the champion rolling out of the ring, with both men following out. In the ring, Orton stirs, and sees Cena is in a bad way … in a perfect position for the dreaded PUNT … BUT LESNAR CUTS HIM OFF MID WAY … AND HOOKS HIM UP … F5!!!

Lesnar gets payback on Orton for last nights actions … and looks set to cost Smackdown victory … or is he?? Lesnar then hauls Cena up, but instead of dragging him onto Orton … HE HAULS HIM UP … AND DELIVERS AN F5!!! The Iron Man drags Orton onto Cena, with the official having no option but to make the count, whilst the other three Raw superstars are busy on the outside, and with seemingly no interest in breaking the count … 1...2...3!!!
Winners: Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, Batista & Edge @ 16:55

Lesnar secures the win for Smackdown, and manages to get his hands on his own team mate in the process!!!

Michael Cole: YES, YES, YES!!! SMACKDOWN BEATS RAW!!! Once again, Smackdown, despite infighting and simmering hatred, overcomes Raw to solidify itself as the number one show in sports entertainment!!!

Jim Ross: A manic closing sequence, I think you’ll agree gentlemen. Congratulations to Smackdown, but the story here was the complete breakdown between Raw. Greed took over in the end if you ask me.

Jerry Lawler: Well I’m still watching this, J.R. Angle and Kennedy are still on the attack on Christian!!!

On the outside meanwhile, Angle and Kennedy continue to take turns hammering Christian, before road agents arrive on the scene to create some distance between the champion and his two fiercest challengers.

Jim Ross: The lust for the World Heavyweight Championship has been evidenced here tonight. Kennedy had no interest in gaining a win for Raw if you ask me, and in the end, Angle couldn’t resist the chance to get his hands on Christian either!!

Jerry Lawler: I just think Angle didn’t want Kennedy grabbing all the headlines, and pushing himself further ahead in the race for the next shot at the title.

Michael Cole: Hey, don’t try and cover this up as Raw costing Raw victory. Edge speared Batista, Lesnar F5’d Orton. Team Smackdown had it in for each other too, and yet they STILL won the match!!

In the ring, Lesnar stands tall, placing the WWE Championship on the chest of his fallen - yet victorious - rival.

Michael Cole: Last night on Smackdown, Randy Orton struck, but tonight, Brock Lesnar got his revenge. But in two weeks time, he’ll be aiming to leave Philadelphia with the WWE Championship - not placing it back with Randy Orton like he has tonight.

Jerry Lawler: Lesnar has sent a huge message to Orton tonight. He got his hands on the WWE Champion, and he won his team the match. Ortons reign is in serious trouble on July 8.

Jim Ross: Indeed it is, but from a Raw perspective, I’m thinking about John Cena. Another loss - albeit under unforeseen circumstances - just as Cena was wanting to bounce back with a bang. Angle and Kennedy are breathing down Christians neck right now … but Cena, has perhaps never been further away from the championship.

Also in the ring, Batista makes it back to his feet, and glares to the outside, where Edge is stumbling back up to his feet, down the side of the aisle, looking worse for wear.

Michael Cole: What do you think guys?? Did Edge intend on spearing Batista??

Jerry Lawler: For his sake, I hope not.

Jim Ross: With Edge, I wouldn’t rule it out. Undoubtedly, he’ll deny it, but by the looks of Batista, he wont be buying it. As far as The Animal will be concerned, Edge meant every last bit of that spear.

Michael Cole: Well, I’m just happy that once again, Smackdown has proven itself as the Premier brand in the WWE, and it will again in a very short space of time - as Brent Albright is about to be crowned KING of the Ring. Matt Hardy is being taped up, and held together by paper clips and duct tape right now. Brent Albright on the other hand?? Fresh as a daisy!!!

Jerry Lawler: Hey, DON’T, rule out Matt Hardy. I know I certainly wont.

Jim Ross: Folks, we are nearing the crescendo now. We are building to the main event of this night - the King of the Ring final. We’ll be right back!!

Commercial Break

We return, straight into the arena, where J.R greets us once again…

Jim Ross: The anticipation is building. The King of the Ring final is coming up shortly, and right now, both finalists, Matt Hardy and Brent Albright are standing by with Matt Striker and Josh Mathews respectively. But before we get some final words from both men, let’s take a quick look at how both men made it to this point…

**VIDEO PACKAGE**
MATT HARDY
~ The Road to the Final ~
Round of 32; Defeats Tyson Tomko with Twist of Fate @ 05:59
Sweet Sixteen; Defeats Greg Helms with Twist of Fate @ 07:29
Elite Eight; Defeats Shelton Benjamin with Twist of Fate @ 14:56
Final Four; Defeats William Regal with Twist of Fate @ 04:11

Jim Ross: A heck of a resume to reach the final if you ask me. Brent Albright can surely gauge from that that he needs to avoid the Twist of Fate at ALL costs.

Michael Cole: What that tells me J.R, is that Matt Hardy is one dimensional. He’s got one weapon; the Twist of Fate. Brent Albright on the other hand, has all sorts of manoeuvres at his disposal, as this package will show…

**VIDEO PACKAGE**
BRENT ALBRIGHT
~ The Road to the Final ~
Round of 32; Defeats Brian Kendrick with the Crowbar @ 07:42
Sweet Sixteen; Defeats Jeff Hardy with the Crowbar @ 06:07
Elite Eight; Defeats Carlito via roll up @ 10:59
Final Four; Defeats Paul London with the Crowbar @ 19:29

Michael Cole: THAT is the next King of the Ring if you ask me gentlemen-

Jim Ross: He very well may be, Michael, but you said Brent Albright had a variety of ways to finish off Matt Hardy. I saw a load of Crowbars in that package. If you ask me, it’s a case of the Twist of Fate versus The Crowbar.

Michael Cole: Trust me, J.R. Brent Albright can finish this match in a variety of ways, and he’ll be targeting that gammy leg of Matt Hardys.

Jim Ross: I think you’re overestimating Brent Albright, and underestimating Matt Hardy here, Michael. Albright has wrestled for over thirty minutes already tonight in two gruelling contests. Hardy just under twenty. That WILL make a difference.

Jerry Lawler: Okay guys, let’s just settle down here. We’re gonna find out who’s right and wrong very soon. But like we said a few minutes ago, both guys are standing by right now…

Cut to Mathews, with Albright…

Josh Mathews: Thank you, King. Brent Albright, ever since losing the United States Title at Judgment Day you’ve made becoming King of the Ring your sole focus, and here you are, one win away from becoming King. Having just gained redemption against the man that defeated you for the U.S Title last month, you must be flying with confidence ahead of the final??

Brent Albright: Josh, I came to Memphis for one thing. Not to make friends, not to visit Graceland … but to become the 2007 King of the Ring. And no disrespect Josh, but I cant become King standing here talking to you.

Albright turns to leave … but CARLITO is in his way!! The fans pop in the background, as Carlito extends his hand again, with Albright looking down at the hand.

Carlito: Don’t disrespec’ Carlito twice. Shake my hand.

Albright smirks.

Brent Albright: Get outta my way.

Carlito slowly shakes his head, with a stone like face glaring at Albright.

Carlito: Dis is your las’ ch-

BAM!!

Carlito is attacked by from behind … BY CHARLIE HAAS!!! Haas, carrying a LEAD PIPE, stands over the fallen Carlito, and looks at Albright, smiling.

Charlie Haas: Don’t worry about him. Go out there, and finish the job.

Albright smiles, and nods at Haas, stepping over the body of Carlito, walking off.

And now, we cut to Matt Striker, standing with Matt Hardy…

Matt Striker: Matt, it seems Brent Albright has no time for small talk. All business from your opponent. After the night you’ve had, coming into this match far from one hundred per cent, what kind of game plan are you taking into - arguably - the biggest match of your career??

Matt Hardy: Well, first of all Matt, it IS the biggest match of my career. I’ve competed at WrestleManias, I’ve challenged for championships, I’ve held numerous titles … but THIS match?? It blows all of that outta the water. The King of the Ring is one of the biggest honours in the WWE - in the entire wrestling business. It made Steve Austin, propelled Triple H, solidified Bret Hart, and announced the likes of Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle to the entire world.

Hardy pauses, and shakes his bad wheel.

Matt Hardy: I don’t know how long this leg is gonna hold out for. But I’ll be damned if I don’t give it my all, Matt. I cant guarantee I’ll have my hand raised, but I’ll die trying.

Voice: No.

Matt looks around … as JEFF HARDY enters the picture.

Jeff Hardy: No Matt … you wont die trying. Because you WILL have your hand raised, and you WILL be crowned King of the Ring.

Matt gets fired up by his brothers words, and nods along.

Jeff Hardy: This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. This is your chance to shatter the glass ceiling, bro. No leg injury, no arm injury, NOTHING is gonna stop you here. YOU are Matt Hardy … and YOU are gonna be the 2007 King of the Ring.

Jeff prods his brothers chest with each ‘YOU’, then hugs Matt after his speech, Matt then nods, and punches his brothers knuckles, before hobbling off the set…

Matt Striker: There you have it gentlemen … back to ringside!!

Back to ringside…

Jim Ross: And don’t go ANYWHERE. The King of the Ring final … IS NEXT!!!

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

! CELEBRATING TWENTY YEARS OF SUMMERSLAM !
~ 1993 ~

BRET ‘HITMAN’ HART BATTLES JERRY ‘THE KING’ LAWLER, AFTER LAWLER TOOK OFFENCE TO BRET HART WINNING THE INAUGURAL KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT. HART WOULD LOSE THE MATCH VIA DQ.

WWE SUMMERSLAM | AUGUST 19 2007 | LONDON, ENGLAND
WEMBLEY STADIUM
ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

Jim Ross: That must bring back some memories, King??

Jerry Lawler: Indeed it does, J.R. Indeed it does.

Michael Cole: Yeah, well don’t try to steal the spotlight from Brent Albright when he is crowned King in a few minutes time. He’ll break your arm.

Jerry Lawler: I might break yours Michael.

**LIVE FOR THE MOMENT**

To a raucous ovation, Matt Hardy hobbles onto the stage, throwing his hands up to his fans, before walking down the aisle, trying to shake his leg loose, looking to get the blood flowing, with the biggest match of his career looming large.

He gets into the ring, and stretches at the ropes, before hopping up and down to put his leg through the motions, as he awaits his opponent…

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

To the Nine Inch Nails track, Brent Albright confidently strides down the aisle, ignoring the reaction of the fans, keeping his focus solely on the ring, where a pensive Matt Hardy waits. Albright hops onto the apron, but delays stepping inside, staring from the apron at Hardy, before slowly getting inside, as the anticipation grows…

~ GRAND FINAL ~
Matt Hardy
vs.
Brent Albright
Both men circle the ring … BEFORE MATT GOES FOR BROKE - instantly, Hardy launches at Albright, getting Brent into the corner, and hammers at his opponent, trying to end the match quickly - knowing his damaged leg cant withstand much more punishment - and blasts the unsuspecting Albright with a barrage of wild lefts and rights in the corner, before running out - with Brent in a headlock - and drives him into the canvas with a bulldog!!! Cover, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! Albright pops a shoulder up, and rolls away, with the camera showing his face with a look of shock, taken aback by the quick start from Hardy.

Matt continues to push the pace, stomping Brent as he tries to get up, and sends him off the ropes, but Albright holds on, as Matt leaps up expecting his return, landing on his leg, and instantly hobbles. Albright smells blood and looks to kick the leg, but Matt avoids, THEN CLOTHESLINES Albright down, and drops a leg (his good leg) before making a cover, 1...2...NO!!! Matt gets back up to his feet … but from the ground, Brent reaches for the BAD LEG … BUT MATT STRUGGLES TO FREEDOM!!! Hardy avoids any damage to the leg, as Albright gets to his feet, trying to pick a moment to shoot in for the leg again, but Matt is on ultra-defence, and keeps away from the opponent.

Albright finally shoots in, but Hardy drops down, planting the point of his elbow into the back of Albright, over and over, freeing his leg, looking to apply a front face lock, but Albright scrambles free, and retreats to the corner for a moment to rethink the gameplan, having perhaps spent too long focusing on the bad leg. Albright slowly rises, and circles the ring, still perhaps thinking over his next move, with Matt still looking pensive. They come to the middle of the ring, and lock up, with Albright instantly going behind, and tripping Matt down, into a front face lock of his own, but Hardy slips out, and to his feet, but Albright is up quickly too, and he charges into Matt, looking to run him into the corner, but Matt slips over, and into a sunset flip, but Albright pops out at ONE.

Both men pop up, but Albright strikes first, with a knee, DEEP to the gut of Hardy, then grabs Matt by the trunks, and RAMS him, shoulder first, into the ring post!! He quickly hops out of the ring, and grabs the loose arm of Hardy, WRAPPING IT with force, across the post, with Matt reeling away from the corner, clutching his arm now, to add to his leg problems. Albright gets back into the ring, and comes in behind Matt, AND LOOKS FOR A GERMAN … BUT MATT ROLLS THROUGH, HOOKING THE LEG … 1...2...NO!!! Again, Albright bounces up, and this time, drops Matt with a clothesline. Albright takes a moment with Matt down, to calm himself, realising he’s getting caught up in the moment.

Albright turns his attention back to Hardy, and pulls Matt back up, shoving him into the corner, and strikes with a succession of forearms to the face of Hardy. He then hoists Matt up, onto the top rope, and climbs up with him, hooking him into position for a superplex … but cant shift Matt, who desperately fights free, with Brent teetering on the top rope … but hangs on, only for Matt to strike with a STIFF right hand. Brent teeters, but jumps off the top, keeping his footing … AND RUNS BACK TO THE TOP … AND DELIVERS AN EXPLODER!!! Matt CRASHES onto the mat, with the fans going crazy at the sight of the impact, as Albright moves into the cover, 1...2...NO!!!! MATT KICKS OUT!!!

Brent sits up in disbelief, but after a brief shake of the head, gets back to his feet, and stomps the head of Matt, dragging him up, and chucks him to the middle rope, running off the opposite ropes himself, before driving his knee into the back of Matt, against the ropes. Hardy tumbles out, with Albright pinning him back down, 1...2...NO!!! Again, Hardy refuses to lie down, and Albright looks on with almost a look of expectancy. He waits for Hardy to stir, then forces him into the corner, and now TARGETS THE ARM, pounding at it, before stepping out onto the ropes, grabbing the arm, AND DROPS off the apron.

Hardy reels away from the corner, holding his arm in agony, but Albright is right back in the ring, on him, wringing the arm, and then takes Hardy down with an arm breaker, forcing Matt to roll around in agony, clutching his arm. Albright though, is now in his element separating the arm on the canvas, and drives his knee to the point of the elbow - TWICE - before Hardy pulls free, and rolls out of the ring, trying to shake his arm loose. Brent though is still right on his rival, grabbing the arm, and WRAPS IT around the ringpost with a sickening thud!!! Hardy reels away in pain again, as Albright refuses to back off, grabbing the arm again, TOYING with Hardy … BUT HARDY STUNS HIM, DRAGGING HIS ARM BACK … KICKING BRENT IN THE GUT … AND DELIVERS A TWIST OF FATE!!!!!

Hardy brings the fans right back into it, with a desperation move, but is hampered by a bad leg and now a bad arm to boot. He takes a moment to rest up, and then bends down to pick Albright up, with Lawler going mad on commentary; “LEAVE HIM THERE, YOU IDIOT!! GET IN THE RING AND WIN THE MATCH!!!” As J.R comes to the defence of Matt with; “He doesn’t want to win the King of the Ring on a count out, King!!”. Matt gets Albright up, and rolls him back inside, following in, and slowly getting his cover, 1...2...ALBRIGHT KICKS OUT!!! … AND ROLLS OVER … INTO THE CROWBAR!!!!!

Albright STUNS the fans - AND HARDY - with a brilliant move, and applies HIS FINISHING MOVE!!!!! The Crowbar is locked on - AND TIGHT - with Hardy in deep, deep trouble but fights it, despite being stuck in the middle of the ring, desperately clawing his way towards the ropes, looking to survive with his dreams of becoming KOTR still on his agenda, BUT BRENT REFUSES TO LET HIM GET AWAY!!!! The fans are loud in voice, trying to inspire Hardy, but now he has his hand raised … contemplating quitting momentarily … BUT HE REFUSES TO TAP OUT!!! Despite the refusal to quit, Matt looks to be fading, and Albright senses the end … AND CRANKS BACK AGAIN … with Matt now digging down AGAIN … and surges forward … reaching out … with the fans begging for him to reach … AND HE DOES!!!!!!!!!! There is a HUGE reaction from the fans, but cant believe it - his biggest weapon has failed him!!!

Albright rises up in fury, thinking he had Hardy beat, and drags Matt back up to his feet, into a standing chicken wing position, and proceeds to land MULTIPLE knees to the chest and abdomen, DRILLING Matt OVER AND OVER, with malice and aggressiveness, with Hardy faltering, slumping to the mat, as an outraged Albright covers again … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! HARDY WONT STAY DOWN!!! He looks completely out of it, but Matt WONT LIE DOWN!!! Albright grips at his hair, but turns his focus back to Hardy, trying to not boil over. He grabs Matt by the hair, pulling him back up, standing Matt up, then runs off the ropes himself, LOOKING FOR A FOREARM … BUT MATT SIDE STEPS … AND CATCHES ALBRIGHT AS HE TURNS … SIDE EFFECT!!!!! Hardy, crawls into a cover, hooking the leg … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

Hardy looks up, eyes closed, showing strain and despair, SPENT after a gruelling night, with his body in tatters. With little left in the tank now, Hardy appears to go for broke, and is setting himself … waiting for Albright to get up … AND LOOKS FOR THE TWIST OF FATE … BUT ALBRIGHT SPINS OUT … AND TAKES MATT DOWN … CROWBAR AGAIN!!! WHAT A COUNTER!!! From euphoria of the Twist of Fate … a collective groan encompasses the Pyramid, as it seems like the end is nigh … BUT MATT HAS NO INTENTION OF SUBMITTING!!! With EVERYTHING he has left, Matt tries to CRAWL … INCHING his way to the ropes … AND GETS THEM!!!!!

EVERYONE is in shock, believing that the finish was in sight. Albright rolls onto his front, unable to fathom how this match isn’t over, whilst the fans fill the arena with “LETS GO HARDY” chants, willing Matt on, having TWICE survived the devastating Crowbar in this gutsy performance. Albright is up, and kicks the ropes, before coming after the grounded Hardy - reaching down - AND HAULS HIM UP IN A HALF NELSON POSITION … SLAMMING HIM BACK ONTO THE CANVAS, DROPPING HARDY ON HIS NECK!!! He covers again, this time SURELY finishing his battered opponent … 1...2...FOOT ON THE ROPE!!!!!

Once again, the fans come alive - IT’S STILL NOT OVER!!!!! He couldn’t kick out, but he managed to break the count with his foot. Albright is in shock. He stares at the foot - still on the rope - and wonders aloud, mouthing “What can I do??”, looking around for an answer from somewhere, before pushing up to his feet. On commentary, J.R gives the hard sell, “YOU CANT BEGIN TO IMAGINE HOW MUCH MATT HARDY WANTS THIS!!! BUT HOW MUCH LONGER CAN HE COMPETE?? HOW MUCH CAN THIS MANS BODY TAKE???” Albright, on his feet, walks to the apron, AND BEGINS TO CLIMB THE TURNBUCKLES … much to the surprise of everyone. “HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??” bellows King on commentary, “YOU‘RE NOT A HIGH FLYER!!!”. Lawler continues to question the motives of Albright, with Cole defending the Smackdown superstar. Brent settles himself up top, steadying himself … AND LEAPS WITH AN ELBOW FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE … AND CRASHES AND BURNS!!!!!

The fans come alive, as Hardy rolls to safety, whilst the trio on commentary talk about Albright making a huge error, letting his desperation get the better of him, as the fans get a chance to cool down, with both men down. The fans get behind Matt as he DRAGS himself up, using the ropes, struggling with his bad arm - and leg - whilst his opponent begins to stir - despite looking dazed - beginning to climb to his feet, and both men are up … with Albright staggering toward Hardy … and Matt blocks a right hand, AND SHOOTS OFF ONE OF HIS OWN!!! Brent drops to a knee, with Matt teeing off, firing a series of big right hands, before running off the ropes … BUT ALBRIGHT CATCHES HIM ON THE RETURN … LOOKING FOR A SPINE BUSTER … BUT HARDY COUNTERS WITH A DDT!!!!! Matt covers … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!!

STILL, the match continues, and Matt looks up, toward the corner, and pushes to get to his feet, having to rely on the ropes again, staggering to the corner, and signalling to the fans, getting a big pop. He rests in the corner momentarily, then finds the energy, and climbs the turnbuckles, reaching the top rope, looking back, steadying himself, seeing Albright is still down … AND MOONSAULTS OFF THE TOP … IT’S ALL OR NOTHING … AND HARDY GETS … NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Albright rolls away … AND HARDY EATS CANVAS!!! The Smackdown superstar rolls to the ropes, sitting up, looking at the prone body of Hardy … with Matt OUT OF IT … and Albright gets up, staggering toward Hardy, pulling Matt to his knees. Hardy looks up at Brent, eyes glazed … and shakes his head defiantly … but he has no choice … ALBRIGHT HAULS HIM UP … AND SCOOPS HIM UP … AND DELIVERS A SAMOAN DROP DRIVER!!!!! The fans ‘OOOHHH’ at the sight of the never before seen move from Albright, as Brent hooks the leg … 1...2...3!!!!!
Winner: AND THE 2007 KING OF THE RING - Brent Albright @ 13:17

Jim Ross: MY GAWD WHAT A MATCH!!! WHAT A WAR OF ATTRITION!!! Both men had to dig down, and dig deep … but in the end, Albright overcomes a valiant Matt Hardy to become KING OF THE RING!!!

Michael Cole: Get used to hearing this; KING Brent Albright!!!

Jerry Lawler: And what a worthy King!!

In the ring, Albright has his hand raised, as he closes his eyes, showing the emotion, as he is announced KING of the Ring!!!

Jim Ross: He defeated the Cruiserweight Champion, AND Matts brother Jeff to make it here tonight, and tonight, Brent Albright went through Carlito, Paul London and now Matt Hardy to win the honour.

Michael Cole: Has any King in history ever faced that level of competition right through to the final??

Jerry Lawler: Very few- IF ANY!!

Jim Ross: But lets give some credit to Matt Hardy. He showed incredble heart tonight. It took a move we've never seen Albright use before to finish him off. He battled and battled, despite numerous injuries sustained through the evening-

Michael Cole: If you're not first, J.R, you're last. No one remembers who came second in the Superbowl, or who won the silver medal. Winning is all that matters!!

Albright now exit’s the ring, and looks toward the stage … where his throne awaits.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, please rejoin us as the official coronation takes place. We’ll be right back.

Commercial Break

{/OVERRUN}

We return, with Brent Albright now at the stage, as Todd Grisham, along with Kelly Kelly and Kristal Marshall, await to crown the 2007 King.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and Gentlemen, please, give it up for the 2007 King of the Ring … BRENT … ALLLLLBRIGHT!!!

Albright walks to the throne, but as Grisham tries to show him to the chair, he shakes his head, and calls over Kelly Kelly, who holds the crown. Albright snatches the crown, and holds it up, to the chagrin of the fans.

Todd Grisham: Well, Brent Albright, congratulations on your victory. You have joined the illustrious line of former winners. Please, take your rightful throne…

Again, Grisham attempts to show Albright to the throne, but Albright shoots Grisham a look, shaking his head slowly, before ripping the mic from the announcer of Superstars.

Brent Albright: Let me make something clear, Todd. In fact, let me make something clear to ALL of you.

Albright turns, addressing the fans.

Brent Albright: I came here tonight to win the King of the Ring. And, as the man said, “I came … I saw … I conquered”…

Heat.

Brent Albright: I don’t care if you like it. Like I said, I came here tonight for the accolade of King of the Ring. So while I’ll accept the title … I REJECT the circus it brings with it.

Albright CHUCKS the crown over his head, getting heat for his action.

Brent Albright: If you honestly think I’m putting on a cape, you are SORELY mistaken. I’m not gonna run around Smackdown with a crown and a sceptre, referring to you people as my royal subjects. All I intend on doing … is EXACTLY what I have been doing for the last year, and that’s being THE very best in the business. Only now?? Now that I’m King of the Ring, you people are gonna sit up and NOTICE what I’m capable of.

More heat for the King of the Ring.

Brent Albright: I don’t cock an eyebrow, I don’t flip the bird, and I sure as hell don’t give crotch chops … BROTHER!!

Heat for the comments directed at Austin, Rock, DX & Hogan.

Brent Albright: NOOOO … I wont cup my ears to you people, and don’t expect me to start up a ‘Chain Gang’, or refer to you as ‘My peeps’. I love this sport too much to treat it like a joke. Y’see, I’m too busy being a professional … WRESTLER. And tonight, is the beginning of my crusade. A crusade to bring back the art of professional wrestling BACK to the WWE.

Albright nods, ignoring the heat, as we see Charlie Haas enter the stage to join him, and the pair shake hands.

Brent Albright: Mark the date. June Twenty Three, Two Thousand Seven … the day that BRENT ALBRIGHT became King of the Ring. Mark this day as a VICTORY FOR ALBRIGHT … A VICTORY FOR THE MASTER CRAFTSMEN … AND A VICTORY … FOR PROFESSIONAL … WRESTLING!!!!!

Albright and Haas raise their arms on the stage, as Brents music plays again, as J.R signs off.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it. Brent Albright is the 2007 King of the Ring, and with it, he has began his own personal crusade to bring back the “art” of professional wrestling. Can Albright follow the likes of Bret Hart, Stone Cold and Triple H?? Time will tell. It’s been an unforgettable evening, and a memorable closing sequence to one of the most competitive King of the Ring tournaments in history. Thank you for joining us … good night everybody … and congratulations, to Brent Albright; King Albright…

END OF SHOW