Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#2,026 ·
Almost a year later, I finally get the chance to rewatch Death Before Dishonor VIII.

ROH Death Before Dishonor VIII

Grudge Match
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico ***½
Very good opening match though after seeing everything else they go through in the feud plus the fact they had the street fight BEFORE this brings this down somewhat as it did feel weird at times watching this knowing they had already tried to kill each other

The All Night Express vs. Up in Smoke **¼

Austin Aries vs. Delirious

2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet

Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong vs. Colt Cabana vs. Steve Corino vs. Shawn Daivari vs. Tyson Dux **
This was actually somewhat better then I remember.
Eddie Edwards being pinned by Tyson Dux and then one year on he's world champion

Pick 6 Series
Christopher Daniels vs. Kenny Omega ****
I remember being surprised at just how much I enjoyed watching this live and yet on my second watch I feel the exact same. It just completely exceeded my expectations (though it's not like I had really low expectations or anything, just expected an enjoyable match)

No Disqualification Match for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Kings of Wrestling vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe ****¼-****½
What a bloody war. Though I prefer their Big Bang match, this is almost as awesome as that. Gotta love The Briscoes when it comes to matches like this

ROH World Title Match
Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards ****¾
And the show ends up getting even better. For 30+ minutes (which flew by) these two just tore the house down. Every exchange was crisp, the wrestling was great and the crowd were HOT for the entire match. The only real problems I had were a couple of botches (which admittedly look like they happened because both men were tired) and the Hagadorn interference which took me out of it slightly. Still an incredible match, one of the best of 2010 and my personal MOTY

Though I've still got quite a few shows to watch, this is currently the best ROH show of 2010 for me with a very good opener and then the second half is certainly up there with some of the best in ROH history

#2,027 ·
Benjo™;9827016 said:
No Disqualification Match for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Kings of Wrestling vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe ****¼-****½
What a bloody war. Though I prefer their Big Bang match, this is almost as awesome as that. Gotta love The Briscoes when it comes to matches like this
This match was ruined because of tag rules (like so many matches from TNA history, for example). I mean, I can't fucking stand tag rules in No DQ matches. Sure, it was for short period of time. Sure, announcers did a nice job explaining why ref did that, but I just can't stand it. Plus, another detail I disliked is that Mark kicked out of impossible at one point - 3 bicycle kicks from Claudio and Rolling Elbow from Hero combination. Way too much. This was one phenomenal war, but those two things ruined the match for this viewer.

#2,028 ·
I'm going to be selling some dvd's if any of you are interested send me a PM or they are going on ebay

Survival of the Fittest 2006
Manhatten Mayhem
The Era of Honor Begins(takedown masters edition)
Bret "Hitman" Hart: The Best There is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be
Better Than You: The Best of C.M. Punk
Shimmer Vol 1
All Star Extravaganza 3

If anyone is interested send me a PM

#2,031 · (Edited)
Punk/Cabana from Punk: TFC may not be Punk's best match, but my god the pre and post match stuff gets me every time.

Bout to put in Cide's Best Of ROH DVD from '03. Found it the other day and I'm expecting some solid things.

Any chance I can get an opinion on some more recent ROH shows? I'm looking for some good WGTT matches.

#2,036 ·
Punk/Cabana from Punk: TFC may not be Punk's best match, but my god the pre and post match stuff gets me every time.

Bout to put in Cide's Best Of ROH DVD from '03. Found it the other day and I'm expecting some solid things.

Any chance I can get an opinion on some more recent ROH shows? I'm looking for some good WGTT matches.
Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter 2 is probably the best show this year that features a high profile WGTT match, which is the main event against the American Wolves (****). HTCS: Chapter 1 is a better all around show but I didn't like thei match with KOW nearly as much as some others did (***1/2). Their SoCal Showdown II match is better imo (****). WGTT/Briscoes from 9th Anniversary Show isn't as good as you'd hope (***1/2).

#2,032 ·
** is slightly harsh don't you think?
He's just trolling it was one of the most exciting tag matches of last year.
I'm not trolling. The action was great, it was brutal and bloody war, I don't deny that shit. But also, all those great things were ruined because of stuff I mentioned in my previous post.

#2,040 ·
CZW - Proving Grounds

Alex Colon vs. Rich Swann - **
No idea why Swann came to the Sanford & Sons theme with a bucket of chicken.

Ryan Eagles vs. Ty Hagen - **

Akuma vs. Jonathan Gresham - *
I hope Akuma’s time in CZW in nearing an end, because he always kills the crowd and brings down whoever he’s in the ring with.

Ryan McBride vs. Jake Crist - **1/4

Dog-Collar Match
Drake Younger vs. Scotty Vortekz - ***

MASADA vs. Sami Callihan - **3/4

CZW UltraViolent Underground Title
Ryan Slater vs. Danny Havoc - N/R
Watching Danny Havoc no-sell offense is just ridiculous.

Danny Havoc & tHURTeen vs. The RunAways (Joe Gacy & Ryan Slater) - *3/4
Goes to show you how underrated teams like The Osirian Portal are because they can make The RunAways look like a decent team.

CZW World Heavyweight Title
Robert Anthony vs. Devon Moore - **

CZW World Tag Team Titles
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Nigerian Nightmares - *1/2
The Nightmares may break the record for fattest team in CZW. The jiggling every time one of them moved was just disgusting. Would not have tried the Doomsday Device on either of them. The after-match title switch could have been done better too.

CZW World Junior Heavyweight Title
AR Fox vs. Adam Cole - ***
Good match until the telegraphed ending.

Just another flatline show by CZW with a couple of good matches sprinkled inbetween a boring undercard. Glad to see they're pushing new talent like Fox and Cole (and Callihan even since he's the most over guy there) but they really need to get the title off Moore.​

#2,043 ·
Benjamin and Haas haven't had a great match yet though. Kings matches were good, Brisoces match was decent. I liked the Wolves match quite a lot at first but thinking back there's nothing memorable about it now and I doubt it holds up very well. There's no doubting their value to the company in terms of being draws and even more so now with TV but they've been in huge tag matches and haven't delivered like a KOW, Steenerico, Briscoes or Wolves have in similar positions.

#2,048 ·
I'd say give them a month since they said they would get them out fast before starting to get angry. The thing with King of Trios is that all the equipment needed to do the dvds is in the Philly Arena and SMV some crazy people working overnight for them. Getting PWG and ROH dvds in a month would be pretty nice though.

#2,049 ·
ROH and PWG also don't do shitty DVD-Rs.

#2,050 ·
ECWA - Super 8 Tournament 2011

1. ECWA & TWA Open Invitation Battle Royal
Includes Mr Ooh La La, Mozart Fontaine, Dan Eckos, Tony Stetson etc
DUD

2. Super 8 - Round 1 Match
Adam Cole vs Sami Callihan
***1/4

3. Super 8 - Round 1 Match
Austin Aries vs Bobby Shields

4. Super 8 - Round 1 Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs Rich Swann
**1/2
Good but to short.

5. Super 8 - Round 1 Match
Shiima Xion vs Shockwave The Robot
**3/4

6. Handicap Match
Chris Wylde, Papadon, Kirby Mack & TJ Mack vs Damian Dragon, Josh Daniels & Matt Saigon
**1/2

7. Super 8 - Semi Final Match
Adam Cole vs Austin Aries
***3/4

8. Super 8 - Semi Final Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs Shiima Xion

9. Ace Darling vs Aden Chambers

10. Super 8 - Final
Adam Cole vs Tommaso Ciampa
***1/2​

#2,051 ·
Press conference details.

BALTIMORE, MD–On Friday, June 24th, Ring of Honor Wrestling will hold a special live press conference to reveal details of it’s fall debut of ROH on Sinclair Broadcast Group’s television stations.

Appearing in person at this event to give statements and answer questions will be new Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff, ROH founder/former owner Cary Silkin, and ROH TV executive producer Jim Cornette. They will be joined by a large number of ROH stars, including World Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, World Champion Eddie Edwards, top contenders Davey Richards, the Briscoe Brothers and more. Hosted by the voice of ROH television, Kevin Kelly, the event will also preview that weekend’s ROH pay-per-view event, Best In The World 2011, live from the Manhattan Center in New York on June 26th.

The press conference will be beamed live via satellite to many Sinclair affiliates, and will be available for viewing in it’s entirety on the internet at www.rohwrestling.com following it’s conclusion.

The event is open to mainstream media and wrestling press alike, but as studio space is limited only those obtaining advance press credentials through Ross Abrams at rohhelp@aol.com will be admitted. Press should arrive at the studios of WBFF FOX 45, 2000 West 41st Street in Baltimore, no later than 12:15PM on Friday June 24th. The event begins promptly at 1PM.

About Ring of Honor:

Ring of Honor Wrestling, synonymous with the best in-ring action in the sport, is known for its’ athleticism and professional wrestling style while providing fans an entertaining, hard-hitting performance. Ring of Honor produces weekly, original 1-hour television wrestling programs and presents more than two dozen live evnts in various cities per year. The major live events are also broadcast worldwide via internet pay-per-view. DVDs, T-shirts and other ROH merchandise are available for sale at each tour venue and through their internet site, www.rohwrestling.com.

About Sinclair:

Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.,one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies, owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 58 television stations in 35 markets. Sinclair’s television group reaches approximately 22% of US television households and is affiliated with all major networks.

#2,052 ·
#2,053 ·
Unified and Manhattan Mayhem II are not completely sold out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.