1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#1,930 ·
Card Subject To Change III

Low Ki vs. Akira Tozawa ***3/4 - ****
El Generico & Ricochet vs The Young Bucks ***3/4 - ****
Claudio Castagnoli vs Joey Ryan ***1/2 - ***3/4
Willie Mack vs Roderick Strong ***1/4 - ***1/2

Great show well worth going out of your way to see. Mack vs Strong was quite a letdown for me after all the live reports. I certainly have no desire to see him anywhere near the main event after watching him vs Strong.

#1,932 ·
why would you wait all this time to say something?
I'm guessing cause he tried to deal with it sensibly for a long time and got to a point where he was like "fuck it, i'm calling Gabe out"

I've never seen any evidence that TJP talks shit (there could be lots, i just havn't seen any) and there's tons of evidence of workers (wrestlers),office staff and generally just people working with Gabe being disgruntled with him for whatever reason over the years.....The stupidest thing is most people keep quiet about all that personality/backstage/office politics/business stuff...It's Gabe who draws attention to it by always whinning and complaining he's hard done by.

In my experience people who continually complain they've been screwed or done wrong or bitch on social networks about these things usually are pretty central to the cause of these things......I mean wasn't it Gabe who went off the handle when Davey pulled out of Evolve and also Going off on the Bucks over thier Atlanta apearance...seems like Gabe has a serious sense of entitlement...

Just my 2 cents

#1,933 ·
PWG Card Subject To Change III

Johnny Yuma vs Peter Avalon
**1/2

Candice LaRae vs Portia Perez
**3/4

Willie Mack vs Roderick Strong

Low Ki vs Akira Tozawa
***1/2

Johnny Goodtime vs Ryan Taylor
*1/2

Claudio Castagnoli vs Joey Ryan - PWG World Championship
***3/4

Young Bucks vs El Generico & Ricochet - PWG World Tag Team Championships

Overall:
Really great show for one with so many impromptu matches. Strong/Mack ws incredible I though. Mack does some insane stuff and for a man who's HUGE, not big but huge, some of the stuff he can do is incredible, plus them chops were insane. Ki/Tozawa never seemed to reach the heights of other Tozawa matches and there were some sloppy moments. Goodtime match kinda sucked sadly. Claudio/Ryan was actually really damn good, incredible performance from Claudio and the main event was as you'd expect. Brilliant show.

#1,934 · (Edited)
That show made it pretty clear that Goodtime and Yuma should stick to tag matches, at least for now. They are so much better working multi-man than singles.

Also, I haven't seen anything from Candice besides her PWG stuff, but she's way more entertaining in intergender matches. Portia was great though, the part when si was on commentary shitting on Kentucky was awesome.

#1,935 ·
Yeah she was pretty good for a chick on commentary. I marked for Excalibur taking his commentary duties more seriously on that show and doing JOURNALISTIC RESEARCH.

I enjoy Goodtime a lot but he doesn't seem to click in singles matches. Yuma's debut match was good though.

Yeah I definitely agree about Candice being more entertaining in intergender matches although I did enjoy her match with Portia quite a bit. I so need to play that arm drag drinking game at some point too.

#1,936 ·
So I've pretty much gotten rid of all my wrestling DVDs and all I have left is my FIP DVDs. I've got 57 shows in total and am ideally looking for someone to take the entire lot off my hands for a fair price. However, I'm more than willing to break up the lot if people are interested in just acquiring certain shows. If either option interests you, just shoot me a PM (if you're interested in select shows make sure you mention which ones in the PM) and we'll figure out a price. Keeping this exclusive to members from the United States as well.

#1,937 ·
So, over the summer I'm planning on getting 2011 DVDs from all the major indys but what PWG, DGUSA, and CZW shows have been the best so far. I plan on getting Manhattan Mayhem IV and Defy or Deny from ROH. And of course King of Trios from Chikara. However, those three companies I mentioned I really don't know what shows are the "best" to get if I'm only getting one.

#1,938 · (Edited)
DGUSA United Philly and United Finale are good options

AAW - Path of Redemption 2011

1. The Clash vs Samuray Del Sol & Shiima Xion
*3/4

2. Keith Walker vs Darin Corbin
*1/2

3. AAW Tag Team Title Match
Zero Gravity vs Juice Robinson & Kyle O'Reilly
**1/2

4. Truth Martini vs Joey Eastman
N/A

5. AAW Heritage Title Match
Shane Hollister vs Davey Richards
***1/4-***1/2

6. Jesse Emerson vs Mason Beck

7. Dustin Diamond & The Awesome Threesome vs MsChif, Marion Fontaine & Krotch
**3/4

8. Steel Cage Match
Irish Airborne vs Jimmy Jacobs & Dan Lawrence
***1/4

9. AAW Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match
Silas Young vs Raven
***​

#1,940 ·
Just done 3 orders. 1 with DGUSA, 1 with EVOLVE & 1 with PWG.

From DGUSA I got:
Enter The Dragon: First Anniversay Celebration
Untouchable 2010
Way of the Ronin
Bushido: Code Of The Warrior
Freedom Fight 2010
United: NYC

I got EVOLVE 4, 5 & 6.

And I ordered, BOLA 2010, Cyanide: A Loving Tribute to Poison, Kurt Russellreunion 2, DDT 4 (2011) & Card Subject to Change III from PWG.

And now i'm finally upto date with all 3 promotions, I can hopefully start ordering some CHIKARA soon.

#1,945 ·
“SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW”- BUY 1, GET 1 FREE RING OF HONOR DVD SALE

For the first time Ring of Honor is offering a special Buy 1, Get 1 Free Sale. For every ROH DVD purchased with an event date from 2010 or 2011 you can receive a FREE DVD of any event from 2002-2009.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR DETAILS!!!

1) Buy 1 Ring of Honor DVD from 2010-2011, Select a Free Ring of Honor DVD from 2002-2009. Offer is available on all in stock titles listed at www.rohstore.com.

2) Your free DVD should NOT be listed in the shopping cart. Please list your free title in the “Notes” section which can be found in the checkout area where you Review & Place Your Order.

3) Only titles listed under the “Ring of Honor DVD” section at www.rohstore.com are included.

4) There is a LIMIT of 10 DVD’s per person which means you can purchase up to and including 10 DVD’s and then receive 10 for free.

5) You may include other items in your order however only ROH DVD’s are included in this sale. Any Non-ROH DVD’s, tickets, or apparel will not count towards the Buy 1, Get 1 Free offer.

This offer ends on Tuesday, June 7th at 4 PM EST and is only valid on new orders placed at www.rohstore.com. No adjustments to prior purchases. Offer is valid while supplies last. Only Ring of Honor live event titles are included.
They're really trying to clear out old stock.

#1,946 ·
It's a great sale that I'm looking to take advantage of.

OOP ROH SHIT FOR SALES

This shit ain't on ROH or highspots
Best of CM Punk Vol. 1: Better Than You
Road to the Title
Reborn Stage 2
Dragon Gate Challenge
Better Than Our Best (greatest indy show EVER)
Man Up (2 disc collector's edition)
6th Anniversary Show

Also have other titles I'm getting rid of, including ROH, PWG, London/Kendrick shoot interview, and Snow White blu ray.

#1,948 ·
I have Threemendous, BOLA 2006 Night 2, and the Secret of the Ooze. I'd be happy to trade some non-OOP shit as well.

#1,953 ·
IPW:UK The Six Year Anniversary Show

Rockstar Spud vs The Lion Kid - British Cruiserweight Championship
**1/4

The All Stars vs Leroy Kincaide & Johnny Moss
**1/2

Joel Redman vs James Tighe

Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Zack Sabre Jr. - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Terry Frazier vs Sha Samuels - No DQ
***1/4

Dave Mastiff vs Go Shiozaki - British Heavyweight Championship

LDRS Of The New School vs PAC & Mark Haskins - British Tag Team Championships
***3/4+

Martin Stone vs Danny Garnell - Steel Cage Match
***1/4

Overall:
Solid show overall. Mastiff/Shiozaki was really fucking great and whilst the LDRS tag was great, it was maybe a little underwhelming given how much talent was in there. Not a bad match and the majority of the matches are at least good.

#1,955 ·
Highspots.com is selling a 10 DVD Grab Bag plus 2 weeks of free Highspots TV for 29.99. I don't usually buy these sorta things, especially since Highspots as as much crap as they do good stuff but decided to order one anyway. Plus, once I get my two free weeks (sending me the code when they send the shipping notification) there are a bunch of matches on there that I can now watch without having to buy the DVDs for the handful of matches I want from them. Curious to see what I end up with. I figure if I don't like the stuff I can just resell it.

#1,957 ·
A letter from Jimmy Jacobs...

I wasn’t surprised. As I walked out the front door of the Frontier Field House in Chicago Ridge, Illinois, I knew I was unwelcome there now. My past atrocities had caught up to me. ROH security followed me out to make sure I never came back inside; so, I walked away. For two years, I walked. Until I finally found what I was looking for.

My name is Jimmy Jacobs, and I’m an evil person. In fact, I’m the most evil person in Ring Of Honor history. Through out the six years I wrestled for Ring Of Honor, I ruined lives. I perpetrated more heinous acts than I’d care to think about. So of course I wasn’t surprised that in Chicago Ridge on May 21, 2011 when Steve Corino introduced me as his sponsor that the ROH officials would not welcome me with open arms.

This letter isn’t about me trying to sell myself to you or anybody as a changed man. Only my actions can show who I am now. Earning back trust and respect takes time. So, I wasn’t surprised when even after six months of trying to show everyone that he is a changed man, nobody came to the aid of Steve Corino in Chicago Ridge. Time after time, Mike Bennett and most recently the House of Truth has brutalized Steve. Time after time, nobody has come to his aid.

This letter is about asking ROH officials to allow me back into Ring Of Honor. Steve having a sponsor and support group is crucial to his recovery. My worry is that if things continue the way they are going, all our hard work on Steve’s road to recovery will be in vain. Steve Corino, like me, is a recovering evil person. If this situation with the House of Truth goes unchecked, Steve will undoubtedly fall off the wagon. He needs support, and right now, I am the only one who can give it to him. I ask that you do not punish Steve for my past indiscretions.

I wasn’t surprised. Familiar yet totally different. As I walked out the front door of the Frontier Field House in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. I knew I was unwelcome there now. My past atrocities were still present, despite how hard I had tried to put them behind me. ROH security followed me out to make sure I never came back inside, but this time I stopped. After two years of walking, the road had led me back home. This is what I was looking for.

…Jimmy Jacobs

#1,958 ·
Finally got back to watching Seabs PWG Best of 2010 stopped at As The Worm Turns

PWG Titanica

Brandon Gatson vs. Ryan Taylor-***1/2

PWG Championship
Davey Richards (c) vs. Roderick Strong-****

PWG Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Briscoe Brothers-***1/2

Just gotta say I didn’t have huge expectations for this event but coming out of these matches I was pleasantly surprised. I am a Gatson fan but have never seen Ryan Taylor wrestle and was surprised at how good this match was. Roddy vs. Davey was like every other match they have wrestled but they did go a little overboard with nearfalls, but the hard hitting was there and the drama at the end. The main event was a tag match the I was looking forward to but didn’t meet my expectations I didn’t feel the intensity like the other title match. They really just seemed to go through the motions even though I knew who won they didn’t keep me on the edge of myseat like the first 2 matches had.

PWG DDT4 2010

PWG Tag Team Championship Match-1st RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Young Bucks (c) vs. Johnny Goodtime & Jerome “LTP” Robinson-****

1st RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Briscoe Bros vs. Kamikaze-***1/2

Chris Hero vs. Brandon Bonham-***1/2

PWG Tag Team Championship Match-Final RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Young Bucks (c) vs. iPeligro Abejas!-***1/2

DDT4 is usually a good event and this year followed with that trend. When I first started to watch PWG the thought of a Tag Team Tournament just felt like overkillwith tag matches but all the teams bring different styles and make it interesting every year. The first match of the night set the tone for the evening and might have been the best 10 minute tag team match ever. I knew who won but jeez LTP and Goodtime had me thinking they could pull it off. Another thing I got from this event was I am now a Tozawa fan he brought the entertainment for this fun and hard hitting match. This was a very stiff contest maybe the stiffest I have seen the Briscoes for a while and thought Kamikaze had a chance. Hero vs. Bonham good god this two layed into each other the whole night in this surprising match. It started as a good technical display then they just went into full stiff mode with Hero even hurting his hand on a punch. This match did disappoint for the love it was getting, I’m not saying it wasn’t good but maybe not as good as people were saying. My main event rating might not be as high as others but still was entertaining for the circumstances. Nick Jackson got KO’d for real and the match seemed sloopy up until 5 minutes left but the crowd at the end made even better than it was they reall wanted a title change and went crazy when they got it. Overall it might not be the best PWG event ever but it was a very fun and easy to watch.​

#1,959 ·
ROH officials were greeted with a surprising email from The Embassy’s Barrister R.D. Evans at the start of business Monday morning. Contained within the e-mail was a .PDF file of the paperwork Mr. Evans filed in court regarding the alleged assaults, amongst other charges, perpetrated by “The Notorious 187” Homicide on various members of Prince Nana’s Embassy. As this is apparently now a matter of public record, Mr. Evans requested that Ring of Honor officials provide the ROH faithful a means to view the documents so “…the people can see for themselves just what type of man Homicide truly is, and be aware of just what charges are being levied against this thug.”

ROH officials have complied with the Barrister’s wish and by clicking on the link below; you can read the multi-page document that Mr. Evans has presumably filed in court. Certain privileged information has been blacked out, but the important points of the document remain intact. When asked for his thoughts on the matter, Homicide simply laughed and said, “Talk to my lawyer.”

Here is the .PDF document in its entirety: http://www.rohwrestling.com/HomicideLawsuit2.pdf
R.D. Evans is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.