Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#1,514 ·
Machida generally bores the hell out of me with his style of fighting (its a very intellegent way to fight though) but that kick he pulled off last night was mark worthy. That being said I loved the Aldo/Hominick fight and easily thought it was FOTN, got really emotionally invested in the fight as it was happening and really got behind Hominick when I was clearly cheering on Aldo at the start. Something Wrestling has been failing to do for me for some time now.

Other mark out point of the night was on one of the prelims where the guy (can't remember his name) pretty much KO'd a guy with a short elbow that would have made the late Misawa proud. Garza's Flying triangle was pretty badass too.

#1,517 · (Edited)
Nick Gage is doing 5 years. Long enough for the soap to eventually slip from his grasp.

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - A professional wrestler turned bank robber is now headed to state prison.

Thirty-year-old Nicholas Wilson received a five-year term for stealing about $3,100 from a PNC Bank in Collingswood last December.

The former Camden resident was identified as a suspect after wrestling fans recognized him from bank surveillance photos. He later turned himself and pleaded guilty earlier this year

Camden County prosecutors say Wilson handed a teller a note claiming he would shoot her if she didn't give him money. The teller was so traumatized that she soon quit her job, and Wilson was ordered to pay her $150 compensation as part of the sentence imposed Friday.

Wilson has wrestled as "Nick Gage" for Philadelphia-based Combat Zone Wrestling, where he was known for his daring feats in the ring.
Source: myfoxny.com

#1,522 ·
I'm glad Gage only got 5 years. I was thinking he would end up with a lot worse. If his time since his arrest counts (no idea if he made bail) he's already 5 months or so into his sentence and with good behavior he could be out in less than 3 more years if he's lucky. Seems like a fitting punishment really. Paying the teller $150 in compensation seems really unnecessary though.

#1,528 ·
IWA-MS: Chris Candido Strong Style Comedy Match for the Tex Arkana TV Title: Larry Sweeney(C) v Colt Cabana v Delirious (*****): Larry Sweeney getting caught with multiple objects on his person pre-match was hilarious. Colt stealing Delirious' gimmick, and driving him nuts was classic. Sweeney strutting around the other two wrestling was great. This is by far the funniest I've seen Delirious. I can't believe they did a "Pit-Stop" spot. The towel spot was disgusting, especially the way Delirious played it. The funniest part is probably the 10 rapid succession title changes! Sweeney escapes with the belt in the end, which is the only way it could end. Possibly the best comedy match I've ever seen.

#1,536 ·
TAKE 25% OFF DVD’S AND APPAREL- 2 DAYS SALE

To redeem your 25% Off Coupon please follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohstore.com
2. Enter the coupon code: may25 into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going through the checkout process. You MUST then hit the “apply” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

* This offer is not valid on live event tickets

Sale ends Thursday, May 5th at 11 AM EST. Shipping costs can not be discounted. Not valid on any previously placed orders.

NEW/UPCOMING DVD RELEASES:
- Manhattan Mayhem IV- New York, NY 3/19/11 (DVD-Preorder)
- Defy or Deny- Plymouth, MA 3/18/11 (DVD-Preorder)
- ROH on HDNet Vol. 7 (DVD- Preorder)
- 9th Anniversary Show- Chicago Ridge, IL 2/26/11 (DVD)
- World’s Greatest- Dayton, OH 2/25/11 (DVD)
- SoCal Showdown II- Los Angeles, VA 1/28/11 (DVD)
- SHIMMER Vol. 36 (DVD)
- SHIMMER Vol. 35 (DVD)
- CZW “Best of the Best X”- Philadelphia, PA (Double DVD-R Set)
- Guest Booker with Al Snow (DVD-R)
- Timeline: The History of WWE- 1995 Greg Valentine (DVD-R)
- TNA Mick Foley- Hardcore Legend (DVD)

To order these titles or to check out all of the latest merchandise available in the ROH Online Store click HERE!

#1,550 ·
SCOH main event revealed...

ROH officials have finalized the paperwork on the ROH World Title Match for “Supercard of Honor VI” taking place on May 21st in Chicago Ridge at The Frontier Fieldhouse. And the lucky man who will get his opportunity to put his name in the history books is former ROH World Champion Roderick Strong!

Strong held the belt from September 11, 2010 when he beat Tyler Black at “Glory by Honor IX” until March 19, 2011 when Eddie Edwards beat him at “Manhattan Mayhem IV” (now available for pre-order http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=519). Now he will have his opportunity to become only the second man to hold the ROH World Title twice when he challenges the winner of the Edwards/Chris Hero bout taking place this weekend at “ROH Revolution: Canada”. Strong is very familiar with both men but it’s a safe bet that the former champ would prefer to challenge the man who beat him for the belt.

“I really don’t care who I have to beat to get back my belt!” said Strong, “I’m just glad that Ring of Honor did what was right for once and finally gave me my rematch. Of course I’d rather take Eddie and show him just how lucky he got in New York, but I’d be just as happy beating Hero to a pulp. Who ever comes out of this weekend as the champion is going to have to deal with me and they’ll find out first hand that the truth…hurts.”

May 21st, “Supercard of Honor IV” in Chicago Ridge, IL; the ROH World Title will be on the line as Roderick Strong challenges either Chris Hero or Eddie Edwards! Tickets are available now: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=201!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.