Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
cp954
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

cp954 501 - 1000cp954 501 - 1000cp954 501 - 1000cp954 501 - 1000cp954 501 - 1000cp954 501 - 1000
Default Re: WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown- 5/6/05, DCU Center, Worcester, Massachusetts

We immediately go to a video package from Monday night on Raw, showing highlights of the triple threat match between Smackdown’s JBL, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle. We see Angle being outdone by JBL to win the match thanks to the Cabintet distracting Angle via Shawn Michaels’ theme music playing. We then see shots of all of Smackdown’s new draft picks, Rhyno, Chris Masters, The Hurricane, Snitsky and Tajiri. We then go to the battle royal to close the show and see the closing moments where Smackdown’s RVD eliminated Raw’s Randy Orton to earn Smackdwon two final draft picks. Matt Hardy is the first, before Orton himself is drafted. Orton then nailed RVD with an RKO from behind, before smiling and shouting that he’s ‘coming for the Deadman’. But we then see the return of the Deadman himself as The Undertaker returns and delivers Orton a tombstone piledriver.

Opening video and pyro hit as Michael Cole welcomes us to the show.

Michael Cole: Almost 15,000 fill the DCU Center tonight in Worcester, Massachusetts. I’m Michael Cole, alongside Tazz and we are still reeling from the draft lottery this past Monday night on Raw. Smackdown hit the jackpot!!

Tazz: Oh for sure Cole. RVD brought it home in the battle royal and we welcomed seven new superstars to the blue brand!! What a night dis is gonna be baby.

Michael Cole: You’re right on that partner and tonight we have been told that we will hear from Kurt Angle on what went down this past Monday night and where he goes from here with regards to Shawn Michaels and the WWE championship.

‘Burn in my light’ then hits to stop Cole in his tracks as a chorus of boos ring round the arena as Randy Orton wastes little time in making his first appearance on Smackdown since being drafted.

Michael Cole: But we are kicking things off with one of Smackdown‘s new additions, the Legend Killer, Randy Orton!! It was a mixed night for Orton on Raw, this past Monday. He got his wish in being drafted here to Smackdown, but he was beaten by RVD in the battle royal and we then saw the return of The Undertaker. The first time we’ve seen the Deadman since Wrestlemania. For weeks, Orton has been proclaiming that he would get his payback on the Undertaker, but Monday night, Orton paid the price for those comments.

Tazz: Orton may not have had the night to remember Cole but he got the one thing that he wanted and that’s the opportunity to come here to Smackdown and to go at it again with the Deadman and I for one cannot wait to see it.

Orton, dressed casually, takes a mic and Worcester are giving him quite a bit of heat here.

Orton: Boo me all you want, NOTHING can take the shine off this night.

More boos here for the Legend Killer

Orton: This is MY night. The night where you people finally start to take me seriously.

The heat is getting stronger and stronger for Orton.

Orton: See this past Monday night, I got what I wanted, I got what I NEEDED. I needed to be drafted, I needed to come here to Smackdown because I NEED to finish off The Under…taker.

Orton clenched his teeth whilst saying the Deadman’s name, which got a pop.

Orton: If you saw what happened on Raw then believe me when I say that it doesn’t affect me, it doesn’t scare me in the slightest. Undertaker caught me off guard, he got me when my back was turned. For once, for once, the Undertaker is the one who is scared and this past Monday proved that.

Orton smiles before gathering his thoughts again.

Orton: At Wrestlemania, for the very first time in his illustrious career, the Undertaker realised something, he saw something, felt something, for the first time. He saw me and he saw a THREAT. The Undertaker feels THREATENED BY ME!!

Worcester are drowning Orton in heat now.

Orton: Nobody has pushed the Undertaker that far, that close at Wrestlemania. Hell, nobody has ever pushed the Undertaker that far in his entire career. I was just a second away from breaking the streak, just one second from taking the one thing that separates the Undertaker from the rest of us.

Orton tones it down a notch now.

Orton: See, that undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, that strikes fear into his opponents. When they hear about the names that have fallen to the Undertaker, from Jake ’The Snake’ Roberts to Triple H to Kane to Diesel, the list goes on. When people hear those names and realise that they’ve all fallen victim to the Deadman, they sink into their shell, they shy away.

The arena has fallen slightly quiet, intrigued by what Orton is saying.

Orton: But not me. No, I embraced the challenge and I took it to the Undertaker! I may not have won the battle at Wrestlemania, but believe me when I say that I will win the war.

‘Un-der-ta-ker’ chants are filling the arena.

Orton: Now that I’m here on Smackdown, there is only one thing on my mind, there is only one thing that I can focus on. And I will stop at NOTHING until I get what I want and that is to destroy the legacy and to destroy the legend of the Undertaker, once and for all.

Orton goes to speak once again but is cut off as ‘Macmilitant’ hits and out comes Smackdown GM Teddy Long to a good reaction.

Long: Randy, welcome to Smackdown playa, good to have you hear but I couldn’t help over hearin’ what ya sayin’ there.

Orton: Thanks a lot Teddy for the warm welcome, now if you don’t mind, I’d like to finish what I was saying. So…

Long: Hold it right there playa. Now, we run things a little differently on Friday nights to the guys over on Raw. And that falls in to what you were just sayin’ Randy. Now I know you got the Undertaker on your mind but on this show we don’t sit back and wait for that one man, ya feel me?

Orton: No Teddy, I don’t FEEL you. Now I’d hate for us to get off on the wrong foot, so if you don’t mind, unless you’re out here to give me my match with the Undertaker then I suggest you turn around and head to the back before I make you.

Huge heat for Orton here who gets in the face of the GM

Long: Randy, I suggest you tone it down, I think you’re forgettin’ just who ya boss is here. Now I ain’t gonna give you Undertaker here tonight but there’s a ton of guys sittin’ in the locker room back there just waitin’ for their chance to shine, maybe waitin’ for a chance to shine against YOU. But Randy, there‘s one man in particular.

The crowd give a small pop, knowing who Long is talking about.

Long: You should be thanking this man for bringing you to Smackdown Randy. He may have eliminated you from the battle royal on Monday night but he’s the reason you may get ya chance at the Deadman again. But what thanks did you give him Randy? You gave him an RKO from behind.

Boos from the crowd with a small ‘RVD’ chant.

Long: That’s why tonight, I’ma give him a chance at retribution and I’m gonna give you, Randy, your Smackdown in ring debut. One on one in that very ring tonight, our main event, Randy Orton will take on Rob Van Dam!! Holla holla!!

Orton has his head down clenching his fist as ‘Macmilitant’ hits again and Teddy Long heads to the back.

Michael Cole: Wow, what a match scheduled for later on tonight!! Randy Orton one on one with RVD!! Teddy Long does it again!!

Tazz: Huge match right there Cole. I can’t wait to see Orton in action baby, against RVD of all people, two of the best right here on Smackdown goin’ at it, it don’t get any better than that.

Michael Cole: But what about Orton’s declaration, that he will stop at nothing in destroying the legend of the Undertaker. Can Orton really do it?

Tazz: Well, he is the Legend Killer Cole. If anybody can, it’s Randy Orton.

Commercials

We return and head backstage where we see Teddy Long in his office but is interrupted by a furious Randy Orton.

Orton: Teddy, Teddy, what the hell is your problem?!

Long: Calm down Randy. Now listen, I told you, things are different on dis show, you ain’t gonna get things easy here playa.

Orton: I told you that all I want is ONE thing, just ONE DAMN THING!! I want the Undertaker. RVD isn’t worth a moment of my time and I’ll prove that later on tonight.

Long: Well, you better be ready Randy, cos believe me, RVD ain’t happy bout what went down on Raw. Now as far as the Undertaker goes, I ‘ma give you what you want Randy, you WILL get your match with the Undertaker, live on Pay Per View at Judgment Day.

Orton smiles now, after getting his wish.

Orton: Thank you Teddy, now was that so difficult?

Long: Like I said Randy, things ain’t that easy on Smackdown. You will get that match IF you prove to me that you goin’ to take other superstars seriously here on Friday nights, and that starts with RVD tonight. You beat him, you get the Undertaker at Judgment Day.

Orton: Teddy, I WILL beat RVD tonight, but I won’t do it because of your little threat, I’ll do it because of the Undertaker. You can talk about other superstars all you want, but the facts are I do not, and will not care, until I have finished what I started at Wrestlemania. I will get the Undertaker at Judgment Day and I will beat him, I will punish him, I will FINISH him.

Orton walks out, slamming the door as we head back ringside.

Michael Cole: Well, not the start to his Smackdown career that Randy Orton was looking for. If and only if Orton beats RVD tonight, he will face The Undertaker at Judgment Day.

Tazz: Major stipulation right there and it just adds to what is no doubt gonna be a major match up here tonight.

‘Chavo Ardiente’ hits and out comes the #1 contender to the Cruiserweight title, Chavo Guerrero, ready for action.

Michael Cole: Last week on Smackdown, we saw Chavo Guerrero defeat Kid Kash and Brian Kendrick to earn a shot at Paul London’s Cruiserweight championship at Judgment Day.

Tazz: A huge win for Chavo last week baby and now he’ll get his chance to regain that Cruiserweight title. I can’t wait for dat one at Judgment Day.

‘Stand back, there’s a Hurricane comin’ thru’ The Hurricane makes his way to the ring for his Smackdown debut to a good pop from the Worcester crowd.

Michael Cole: And here comes another new addition to Friday Night Smackdown!! The Hurricane was drafted Monday night on Raw and there is no doubting that our superhero here in the WWE will make a big impact on Smackdown.

Tazz: Hurricane is certainly a big addition to the Cruiserweight division Cole and I gotta feelin’ he’s got a point to prove tonight when he goes at it wit’ Chavo.

Match one: Singles match

Chavo Guerrero vs. The Hurricane

The match is pretty slow to begin with for the typical Cruiserweights with plenty of mat wrestling. Chavo gained the upper hand taking Hurricane down with a couple of nice suplexes but failing to put away the newest Smackdown superstar.

Hurricane picked up a bit of momentum following that and had his own near fall attempt after a cross body from the top rope but Chavo just got the shoulder up to deny Hurricane a debut win.

The end of the match saw Hurricane with the advantage and an attempted shining wizard kick was ducked by Chavo who then rolled Hurricane through, grabbing the tights and scoring the three count much to the crowd and Hurricane’s disapproval.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero(6:13)

Michael Cole: Damn it, Chavo steals one here tonight!! Hurricane looked like he was gonna get off to a winning start here on Smackdown but Chavo hooked the tights and just like that, it’s over.

Tazz: Hey, by hook or by crook Cole. Chavo is one of the best in the business and that right there proves why. Big win for the #1 contender.

Commercials

We return and the camera picks up JBL and Orlando Jordan talking backstage which gets instant heat from the crowd.

JBL: This should have been a defining night for me Orlando, a defining night for the Cabinet. It was all set in stone. I won the triple threat match on Raw, I’m goin’ to Judgment Day, tonight was the celebration, but no. No, what does Teddy Long do? He lets that no good piece of crap Eric Bischoff draft, not just one, but BOTH of the Basham Brothers. What in the world does he think he is doin’ to me Orlando huh?

Jordan: John I have no idea, but what I do know is that, it doesn’t matter what Teddy Long does, it doesn’t matter whether Doug or Danny are here, because you’re John Bradshaw Layfield!! You are an American Hero, you are a Wrestling God and you are the next WWE champion!!

Huge heat for OJ’s comments

JBL: Ha ha, you know what kid, you’re damn right I am. Now tonight, I’m gonna go out there and I’m gonna call John Cena down to the middle of the ring and I’m gonna make him a lil’ proposition for Judgment Day. And I promise, it’s gonna be big Orlando.

JBL’s face then turns a little bit

JBL: The hell do you want?

The camera turns and we see a shot of Matt Hardy, which is greeted with a big pop from the crowd.

Hardy: Well hi there, incase you didn’t know I’m Matt Hardy and I just wanted to introduce myself, put the guys in the back on notice, put you BOTH on notice, that I’m here to win and I’m here to win championships.

Hardy has his eyes on Orlando Jordan’s U.S title with his tone changing from sarcastic to serious from what he was saying to begin with.

JBL: Son, I suggest you take a step back and realise who you’re talkin’ to. I am JBL, a Wrestlingggggggg GOD!! You DO NOT talk to me like that, you do not talk to Orlando like that. How bout I t…

Jordan: Whoa, calm it John, I got this one. I’ll catch ya out there later.

JBL walks away telling OJ to deal with him before he does, sblacking at Hardy.

Orlando steps in front of his mentor before composing himself.

Jordan: Now that you’ve introduced yourself Matt, how bout I introduce myself to you? See I’m Orlando Jordan, the United States champion.

Orlando points at his title as the fans boo

Jordan: You wanna talk about winning championships? The only time you’ve ever won anything in your career is when your brother has done all the work for you.

Ooooohs in the crowd as Hardy looks pissed off

Jordan: I on the other hand HAVE won a championship. I beat the current WWE champion to win this thing. I saw you lookin’ at it and believe me, I don’t plan on losin’ it any time soon, especially to a punk like YOU.

Orlando prods Hardy in the chest as Hardy laughs.

Hardy: Orlando, pleased to meet you man. And well, you may be right. I have won a lot of tag team titles, and I mean a lot, but I’m on my own now. I’m on my own and I’m lookin’ to make a statement. Which is why, if I were you, I’d be careful with my words, cos what you don’t know Orlando is that I’ve spoken to Teddy Long already tonight and well, he let me in on a little secret, ya wanna hear it?

Jordan nods, looking annoyed with Hardy’s tone here

Hardy: Tonight, in front of all these great fans in Worcester(cheap pop), I’m gonna be makin’ my Smackdown debut.

Another pop for that announcement.

Jordan: That’s great Matt, really great, but you want me to let you in on a little secret? I don’t give a damn.

Hardy: Ha, oh really? Funny you should say that then, cos my opponent tonight, well, my opponent tonight, IS YOU.

Hardy then slaps Jordan in the face before he can even respond!! Huge pop for Hardy who then walks away saying ‘See ya out there OJ.’

We cut back ringside to rejoin Michael Cole and Tazz.

Michael Cole: Well quite the start to Matt Hardy’s Smackdown career partner!

Tazz: Matt Hardy wants some gold baby. A fresh start and now Hardy can put all that stuff wit’ Kane and Lita behind him. Hardy and Orlando goin’ at it later tonight? Smackdown just gets better and better Cole.

‘Can you Dig it, Sucka?’ hits to a big pop as Booker T makes his way out, ready for action.

Michael Cole: Been a rough time lately Tazz for this man Booker T. Was screwed out of the WWE title #1contenders tournament, was screwed again in his United States title match with Orlando Jordan and then last week, Carlito really rubbed salt into the wounds when he called Booker a failure in his career so far here in the WWE.

Tazz: Strong words from Carlito last week but Booker has been havin’ a rough ride lately Cole and I know how bad it can get when you’re stuck in a rut. Booker’s gotta stay strong and eventually he’ll get back to the top of his game.

‘Masterpiece’ hits and out comes another Smackdown debutant, ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters.

Michael Cole: Chris Masters was our second pick in the 2005 draft lottery and this young man certainly has a bright future here on Friday nights partner.

Tazz: This dude is legit Cole. Look at the size of Chris Masters, the physique of this young kid is phenomenal and I think we’re gonna be seein’ big things for ‘The Masterpiece’ on Friday nights baby.

Michael Cole: A big test for Masters to debut against someone with the experience of Booker T though Tazz. How does Masters combat that?

Tazz: You could argue this is an even bigger match for Booker though Cole. Both men need this win here tonight. As far as ya question goes, Masters just has to use his size to his advantage, use the strength and the power he has and he will have a shot here.

Match two: Singles match

Booker T vs. Chris Masters

Masters gets to grips with things well to begin with, taking down Booker and working on the left arm in particular of Booker, singling that part of his body out. Even looking to lock an armbar in, but Booker managed to get out of it.

Booker did get into the ascendancy though and came close to picking up the win after a nice spine buster to the big man but could only get a two count.

The match then fell to the outside where Booker looked to hurl Masters into the ring post, however Masters reversed it and managed to smash Booker T’s left arm and shoulder against it, further weakening the former WCW champion.

The two men did make it back in the ring and Booker attempted a Book end however, Masters managed to elbow Booker away from him as Masters looked to lock in the Masterlock!! Booker didn’t let him lock it in however and managed to roll Masters up from behind!! Masters kicked out at two though much to the crowd’s dismay.

The end of the match came when Booker was again getting on top, however just moments later, out came Carlito who told Booker last week exactly what he thought of him and the distraction was enough for Masters to lock in the Masterlock from behind, leaving Carlito smiling and leaving the referee no choice but to end the match as Booker was beaten.

Winner: Chris Masters(8:35)

Michael Cole: What the hell is Carlito’s problem Tazz!!?? And what is this about?!

Tazz: Sendin’ a message Cole. Carlito wants to prove to the world, to prove to Booker T just how ruthless he has become these past few weeks now and just how much in his opinion anyways that Booker T has fallen.

Michael Cole: Oh somebody stop this please!!

Carlito is in the ring hammering away at Booker T before getting Booker up and hitting him with a vicious backstabber. Carlito then shouts at Booker ‘It’s my time, step away Booker, you’re nothing anymore’ before Carlito takes a bite of his apple and spits in the face of the fallen Booker T.

Commercials

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Smackdown and before the break we saw yet more vicious actions from Carlito, who attacked Booker T from behind after Booker’s match with Chris Masters. Let’s take a look.

We see a replay of the attack which draws strong heat from the crowd.

Tazz: Ya gotta wonder how Booker is gonna respond to this Cole. I mean we haven’t seen the real Booker T in some time and this attack by Carlito, it could be the knockout blow to Booker.

Michael Cole: Well I and all supporters of Booker T hope that isn’t the case Tazz. But moving on and still to come tonight, we’ve got the Smackdown debuts of Matt Hardy and Randy Orton. Hardy will go one on one with United States champion Orlando Jordan, while Orton will go up against ‘Mr.Friday Night‘, Rob Van Dam! And also, JBL has promised to call out John Cena to give the WWE champion a ‘proposition’. What will JBL have in store for the champ? Find out later tonight, only on Smackdown!!

We go backstage to Teddy Long’s office again, where he is faced with the trio of MNM.

Melina: Look Teddy, I’m not gonna ask you again. When are my boys here gonna be handed the WWE tag team titles? We’ve been on this show for over a month now, and STILL you haven’t handed them to us. We’ve beaten everybody in our path, we’ve dealt with Rob Van Dam enough already, so I suggest you give us those titles before I go to Mr.McMahon himself and I will have you FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!

Huge heat for the ever bitchy Melina.

Long: Melina, I ain’t gonna stand here and take this kinda attitude lightly. Now I ain’t gonna hand you and your boys anything, you gotta earn it. So what I’ma give you, is a WWE Tag team title opportunity.

Nitro: You heard her Teddy, opportunity isn’t good enough, we deserve to be HANDED the championships.

Long: Nitro, watch ya mouth playa before I think twice about even givin’ ya an opportunity.

Melina calms Nitro and Mercury down.

Melina: Well then Teddy, who are we gonna beat to win these things then? Cos I know for sure that it doesn’t matter who we face, there is only one team capable here on Smackdown of holding the tag team titles and that is M..N..M.

The trio smile and wait for Long’s answer.

Long: Well, if that’s the case, all I can say is your boys are gonna be pushed to their limits baby girl, cos at Judgment Day, for the vacant tag team championships, it will be MNM going up against the man you’ve made life a misery for recently playas, ‘Mr.Friday Night’, ROB VAN DAM!!

Big pop from the crowd as Melina squeals and Mercury and Nitro complain

Long: Hey, hey, you shoulda thought about that before your attacks on RVD shouldn‘t ya? And RVD’s partner will be of his own choosing. Now get yourselves outta my office would ya? I got some business to attend to.

Melina: With pleasure Teddy. And believe me when I say this, you’re going to regret that decision. Come on boys.

MNM leave as Teddy Long does his trademark dance to a small pop

Michael Cole: What another huge match now set for Judgment Day!! MNM and RVD have had their problems in recent weeks and now at Judgment Day, RVD will get his chance at revenge while MNM will get their chance at the titles they crave. MNM vs. Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing for the vacant tag team titles at Judgment Day. Blockbuster announcement from Teddy Long.

Tazz: That’s why Teddy Long is da man Cole. I can’t wait for it, Judgment Day is gonna be off the charts baby.

Michael Cole: Indeed it is and coming up next, we will see the Smackdown debut of Matt Hardy!!

We go to a promo for Judgment Day

Actions speak louder than words

We see John Cena delivering an FU to JBL at Wrestlemania and holding the WWE title high

But all actions are judged

We see JBL deliver a clothesline from hell to Cena a couple of weeks ago

A target is placed upon you

We see highlights from the #1 contenders tournament with the last image being Rey Mysterio looking at Cena’s title belt

And you’re gonna face your very own day of reckoning, your very own Judgment Day

We see the words Judgment Day in bold as John Cena stares intently at the camera

‘Live for the moment’ hits to a big pop now as Matt Hardy makes his way out ready for action.

Michael Cole: Earlier on tonight Matt Hardy wanted to, well, he wanted to introduce himself to JBL and Orlando Jordan. Let’s take a look.

We see a replay of what went down with Hardy and Orlando backstage.

Tazz: Hardy certainly ain’t lookin’ to make friends by the looks of things. Championships are all Matt Hardy wants here on Smackdown and if he can beat Orlando Jordan here tonight, it’ll be a big step in the right direction.

Michael Cole: No doubt about it Tazz, gonna be an interesting match up undoubtedly.

‘Longhorn’ hits to immediate boos as the crowd are used to JBL but instead it’s Orlando Jordan without the limo, making his way to the ring looking in no mood for fun and games.

Michael Cole: the United States champion certainly doesn’t look like he’s ready to sit back and tolerate what Matt Hardy did earlier tonight Tazz.

Tazz: Can ya blame him? What would you do if ya got slapped by someone Cole? Wait, don’t answer that actually. But most guys wouldn’t sit back and take it lightly, Orlando is in that category Cole.

Match three: Non title Singles match

United States champion Orlando Jordan vs. Matt Hardy

The match is one that certainly has the fans into it as they’re firmly behind Hardy on his Smackdown debut.

Hardy dominated the early stages with some nice take downs on OJ and a really close near fall on the champion after a vicious DDT. The two men battled into the corner which resulted in Hardy attempting to get Jordan onto the top rope, however as Hardy went up to join him, Orlando managed to kick Hardy down though before delivering an elbow from the top!! Hardy was able to kick out at two though after a cover attempt.

Jordan then took control and locked in a sleeper hold on his opponent. Hardy was struggling for a time and it looked as though the champion may get Hardy to pass out, however as the referee brought Hardy’s arm down for a third time, Hardy managed to find some life from somewhere and got himself back to his feet before breaking free of the hold thanks to an elbow or two to the gut of Orlando.

Hardy then looked to seize the initiative and threw some strong right hands at the champion before running the ropes and taking Orlando down with a couple of hard clotheslines before hitting a side effect!! Hardy refused to go for the cover though and waited for Orlando to rise again before going for a twist of fate!! Orlando reverses, goes for a DDT but Hardy reverses, spins OJ round, TWIST OF FATE!! This time Hardy connects and gets the cover, 1-2-3!!

Winner: Matt Hardy(7:50)

Michael Cole: What a way to kick off his Smackdown career!! Matt Hardy has beaten the United States champion here tonight in Worcester!!

Tazz: Huge win for Matt Hardy right there, what a match up and I’m bettin’ that Matt Hardy’s name is thrown right into the hat for a shot at the United States championship.

Commercials

We return and go backstage again where we see Carlito passing through the hall as Josh Matthews tries to get a word from the former U.S. champion.

Matthews: Carlito, just wanted to know what was going through your mind earlier this evening when you attacked Booker T?

Carlito: Carlito had a lot in mind when he attacked Booker T earlier Josh. Carlito told Booker last week exactly what I thought about him. For too long, Booker has been runnin’ around talkin’ about how he’s a 5 time WCW champion. Josh, remind me what company we’re in again?

Matthews: The W..

Carlito: The WWE, dats right.

Josh looks disappointed Carlito cut him off

Carlito: Booker T doesn’t seem to realise dis and Carlito wants Booker to understand that this is no longer his show, this is Carlito’s show. See, I won the United States title on my first night here in the WWE. What’s Booker T done since he came here huh? Nothing Josh.

Heat for Carlito’s comments

Carlito: Carlito’s doin’ Booker T a favour here. The message is clear for ju Booker, ju are nothing anymore. Ten years ago, yeah sure, but now? Now it’s Carlito’s time, step away Booker or what happened tonight will be nothing compared to what Carlito has up his sleeve. And dat? Dats cool.

Carlito takes a bite of his apple as he walks away looking happy with his nights work.

Commercials

We return and ‘Longhorn’ hits as JBL makes his way out, ready to confront John Cena.

Michael Cole: Well it’s been quite the week for this man Tazz. Monday night on Raw, he defeated Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in a triple threat match to become the #1 contender to the WWE title, however, JBL lost two of his Cabinet members, the Basham Brothers in the draft lottery. How will that affect JBL d’ya think?

Tazz: He’s JBL Cole. The longest reigning champion in Smackdown history, I think he’s gonna cope pretty well.

JBL takes a microphone and gets himself set with the crowd drowning him in heat

JBL: It is people like you here in Worcester that gives America a bad name.

Huge boos here with a ‘You suck’ chant beginning

JBL: What kinda way is that to greet a true American hero? I am the longest reigning WWE champion in Smackdown HISTORY!!

Tazz says ‘I told ya’

JBL: And you people want to tell me that I ‘suck’? Absolutely disgraceful. And I will tell you what else is disgraceful. John Cena holding MY WWE title is as disgraceful as you can get.

Cheers for the mention of Cena

JBL: I am sick and tired of havin’ to see that punk walkin’ around spinnin’ that title like it doesn’t mean a damn thing. That title is the most prestigious thing in this business and Cena is making a mockery of it!!

More heat for the Wrestling God

JBL: The only reason I haven’t gone backstage, kicked Cena’s ass all over this arena and taken back that very title, is because I’m waiting for three weeks from now, in just three weeks time, I will AT LAST get my rematch with John Cena. And at Judgment Day, I prove to the world, I prove to all of you people(points around the arena), that Wrestlemania was a fluke, plain and simple.

More ‘You suck’ chants for JBL who is looking disgusted with them

JBL: I am going to beat John Cena within an inch of his life and I am going to take back what is rightfully MINE. And you know where this all starts from? This all starts from our incompetent general manager, Teddy Long.

The crowd boo for these comments

JBL: Teddy Long is conspiring against me!!

Louder heat from the crowd now

JBL: You better believe it. This Monday night on Raw proved exactly that, when he just let the Bashams head to Raw without even battin’ an eyelid. Teddy Long does not want me anywhere near the WWE title. No, because Teddy Long is a complete moron, just like each and every one of you!!

Massive heat again for JBL here from this electric crowd.

JBL: Because just like Teddy Long, you all wanna see John Cena on top. You all wanna see that care free, rapping, disrespectful, thug as the face of this brand, as the face of the WWE and it makes me SICK!!

A few in the crowd laugh at how worked up JBL is getting

JBL: Well, believe me when I say this, I guarandamntee that at Judgment Day, the days of John Cena are numbered and I will once again be the face of Friday nights. I will once again be the face of the WWE, you people will chant my name, ’J..B..L, J…B..L..’ and all that is wrong in the world will be put right again!!

The crowd start a Cena chant in hope that he shuts JBL up.

JBL: Now I came out here tonight for one reason. I promised that I was goin’ to call out John Cena.

Cheers for the mention of the champion again.

JBL: So with that being said, Cena why do….

JBL is cut off by ‘My time is now’ and out comes the man himself, the WWE champion, John Cena.

Michael Cole: Here comes the champ!!

Tazz: This is gonna be big Cole. You can tell by the look on JBL’s face, he ain’t happy about being interrupted, that’s for sure.

Cena gets in the ring to a strong ‘Cena’ chant as JBL looks on angrily.

Cena: Worcester Massachusetts, wow, you guys are hottttttt tonight!!

Big pop again for the hometown hero

Cena: Man oh man. It don’t get no better than this. So, lets get down to business, JBL, here I am, what’s the big proposition you got for me?

Cena is smirking as JBL looks on in typical frustration

JBL: What is it Cena? What is it that makes you so great? Why is it that these people chant for you? They cheer for you, they love you, they support you. WHY?! It never ceases to amaze me how damn fickle our fans are here in the WWE.

JBL has the crowd in the palm of his hand

JBL: I mean, ya come out here in your street clothes, with your rap music and your spinning title belt. You look a disgrace, you act a disgrace, you ARE a disgrace and yet these people are always behind you. I.. I can’t get my head round it Cena.

Cena: D’ya ever think that it wasn’t me? Did ya ever think it was the simple fact that these people don’t like you JBL?

Big cheers for Cena here as JBL’s face turns to thunder

JBL: Watch your damn mouth Cena before I shut it for you.

Cena: Look, I came out here because you were gonna call me out. Now I ain’t one to back down from a challenge so lets get this show on the road. What do you want exactly?

JBL suddenly begins smiling

JBL: I was hoping you’d say that Cena. You talk about how you never back down, how if people ‘want some’ they can come ‘get some’. Well Cena at Judgment Day, I want that(points at the title) and I’m gonna get that.

Heat for JBL’s comment

JBL: I’m laying the challenge down Cena. If you’re so confident, if you really are the man that you say you are, then you will accept. At Wrestlemania, you got lucky son.

Cena shakes his head

JBL: Don’t shake your head kid, you got lucky and you damn well know you did. At Judgment Day, you won’t have that luck on your side again because I’m takin’ you to school Cena. Me and you for that WWE title in a Last…man…standing match.

A few oooohs in the crowd as Cena laughs

JBL: What do ya say Cena?

Cena: Last man standing match huh? One of the toughest, most brutal matches in the entire WWE. A match that can take YEARS off a man’s career. But John, you should know me by now that when I say something, I mean it.

Pop in the crowd

Cena: Last man standing, Steel cage, I quit, Submission match, it don’t matter to me John because I NEVER back down!! I accept your challenge and when Judgment Day rolls around, when all is said and done, I can guarantee that the champ will sti….

Cena is cut off as JBL drops his mic and hits Cena with a right hand, knocking the champion backwards. But Cena retaliates, Cena and JBL trading blows now!! Cena takes down JBL with a clothesline. Cena is stalking JBL, JBL gets to his feet, Cena gets JBL on his shoulders, FU!!! FU to JBL!!

Michael Cole: The challenge has been well and truly accepted!! FU from Cena!! And now, John Cena defends the WWE title at Judgment Day against JBL in a Last man standing match!!

Tazz: It don’t get much bigger than dat Cole. Huge challenge laid down by JBL but well you gotta give Cena props, he just doesn’t back down. Unbelievable guts and at Judgment Day these two men are gonna be put to the test.

Michael Cole
: And still to come tonight on this wild Friday night Smackdown, Randy Orton goes one on one with Rob Van Dam, if Orton can get the win, he will get his rematch at Judgment Day with the Undertaker!!

Commercials

We return and see JBL , holding his back and Orlando Jordan leaving the arena after a rough night for both men.

Jordan: Anything I can do boss? I mean, I’m not just gonna stand here and let what happened to ya out there go unpunished. I will TAKE Cena out for you, just tell me when, just tell me where John.

JBL: ENOUGH. I don’t need you to do a thing. I have got Cena right where I want him. What happened out there was just me reeling Cena in. I got exactly what I wanted here tonight and that is for Cena to accept my challenge. At Judgment Day I finish what HE started and I am telling’ ya, John Cena will regret the day he ever crossed the path of J…B…L. Let’s get outta here.

Both men leave in JBL’s limo which is now in the parking lot as we head back ringside and ‘Hey You’ hits and out comes the Cruiserweight champion, Paul London.

Michael Cole: Well in just a few weeks this young man will defend his Cruiserweight championship against the veteran, Chavo Guerrero, in what will no doubt be a hell of a match.

Tazz: For sure Cole. London continues to get better each week I see him. You put someone as exciting’ as Paul London in the same ring as someone as skilled as Chavo, you’re onto a winner baby.

‘Asiattacker’ hits and out comes another new Smackdown addition, Tajiri.

Michael Cole: Tajiri had a pretty rough week over on Raw, losing the tag titles at Backlash before getting put through a table this past Monday, however now is the chance for a new start here on Smackdown for the Japanese Buzzsaw!!

Tazz: The Cruiserweight division got a massive boost this past Monday Cole. First The Hurricane, then Tajiri. This dude can go and is gonna give our champ a major test here tonight.

Match four: Non title singles match

Cruiserweight champion Paul London vs. Tajiri

This match is a lot more fast pace than the earlier clash between Hurricane and Chavo with London and Tajiri wowing the crowd at just how quick they are.

Tajiri was an energetic with his classic array of kicks taking it to London, including one brutal shot to the head, leaving Tajiri to go for a cover but London just got the shoulder up.

After that London managed to turn the tide and hit a great dropkick to take Tajiri out of the ring. The two men fought to the outside where Tajiri kicked London onto the announce table as Tajiri went up to the top rope!! Big risk move here from Tajiri but the crowd didn’t get to see it as from out of the crowd came Chavo Guerrero! The number one contender hit London on the table with some strong right hands to beat down the Cruiserweight champ before going up to the top rope himself as Tajiri just walks away to the dismay of the crowd.

The referee has called for the bell as Chavo signals to the fans and hits London with a FROGSPLASH!! FROGSPLASH THROUGH THE TABLE!! LONDON IS LAID OUT!!

Winner via Disqualification: Paul London(4:53)

Holy shit’ chants begin in a minority as Chavo is down and out as well as the trainers and doctors come down to check on both men.

Michael Cole: Well I’m speechless Tazz. Chavo had no right, had no need to do that to Paul London here tonight. Absolutely destroying our announce table and destroying Paul London.

Tazz: I just hope these two dudes are alright Cole. Wow, what impact, good god. Just goes to show how much that title means to Chavo

We see another Judgment Day promo, the same as earlier as we head backstage to Josh Matthews who is standing by with Kurt Angle.

Matthews: Ladies and gentleman, my guest at this time, please welcome, Kurt Angle.

Heat as Angle’s name is mentioned.

Matthews: Kurt we saw your confrontation with Shawn Michaels this past Monday on Raw. Now, neither of you got the result in the draft that you wanted. How do you feel about that? And what’s next for Kurt Angle?

Angle: Y’know something Josh, I’m torn on the draft, I’m torn on Shawn Michaels. See, on the one hand I wanna break his ankle in half, but on the other, what else do I need to prove to you or to Shawn Michaels or to anyone? Tell me, come on.

Matthews: I..I

Angle: That’s what I thought. You can’t Josh. Nobody can. At Wrestlemania I proved that I am the greatest wrestler in the WWE, the greatest wrestler in the world and Shawn Michaels just can’t face it. And y’know what, I don’t blame him. Shawn Michaels is supposed to be the showstopper, the icon, ‘Mr.Wrestlemania’. Well, at Wrestlemania I proved to Shawn Michaels that for all the plaudits, for all the names, he just isn’t Kurt Angle.

Heat here for Angle.

Angle: And it makes Shawn angry, it hurts Shawn deep inside, knowing that he can’t get it done. He can’t beat me. I don’t have a problem with takin’ care of Shawn Michaels again. I just wanna make that crystal clear to everyone. I’m not afraid of beating Shawn again, but because of what I just said, because of all that goes with being Shawn Michaels, he needs this more than I do. I don’t need this at all. But Shawn, he needs to beat me to prove to himself, to prove to his fans that he really is what people make out to be. Until Shawn gets that done, he is nothing but a phony.

Big heat for that comment.

Angle: So I’ll be waiting, if and when mine and Shawn’s paths do cross, I’ll be ready, and this time, make no mistake about it, I will prove once and for all, just who the real icon, just who the real showstopper is and that’s Kurt Angle.

Angle pauses for a minute before continuing.

Angle: But until then, my focus shifts, my focus is on something else, my focus is on the WWE title.

Small pop at the mention of the title

Angle: Monday night on Raw, JBL stole my shot at the title, and I’m not gonna let that sit lightly, believe me. My goal here on Smackdown is to once again reach the top of the mountain, to once again become the WWE champion. So like I said to Shawn Michaels, when Judgment Day is gone, John Cena, JBL, whoever it is, I’ll be ready and waiting. Oh it’s true, it’s….damn… true.

Angle walks away as we head ringside.

Michael Cole: Some strong words right there from Kurt Angle. Angle believes that Shawn Michaels needs to beat him to prove a point to all his fans. I mean, come on Tazz, what exactly does Shawn Michaels have to prove to anyone?

Tazz: It ain’t about provin’ anything’ Cole. This is about pride for Shawn Michaels. This is about bein’ the best and Kurt’s right, he is the best and Wrestlemania proved it.

Michael Cole: But c’mon. For Angle to call Michaels a phony? How disrespectful can you get?

Tazz: I agree wit ya on that one Cole, I just wish the draft woulda been kind enough to put these two on the same show man.

Michael Cole: I think that’s one thing we can both agree on.

‘One of a kind’ then hits and out comes RVD for tonight’s main event.

Michael Cole: A heck of a main event in store here tonight though folks. Monday night on Raw, this man Rob Van Dam last eliminated Randy Orton to win the battle royal and two further draft picks for Smackdown. Only for Smackdown to draft Orton himself over to Friday nights. Orton responded with a vicious RKO from behind to Van Dam which brings us to tonight with RVD looking for some payback.

Tazz: Dis one is gonna be big Cole. I know Van Dam as well as anyone and I know that dat RKO on Raw from Orton will have left ‘Mr.Friday Night’ lookin’ for some revenge here tonight.

‘Burn in my light’ then hits and out comes the Legend Killer, Randy Orton to strong heat from the crowd.

Michael Cole: Well, this match has huge consequences for Randy Orton folks. Ever since Wrestlemania, Orton has been desperate to get another shot at the Undertaker and now that he’s been drafted over to Friday nights, Teddy Long has given Orton that chance. He beats RVD tonight, he gets the Undertaker at Judgment Day.

Tazz: Big time stipulation Cole. I know Orton is as focused as can be on getting his chance at the Deadman again. But with RVD lookin’ for payback of his own, this ain’t gonna be easy for Orton.

Match five: Singles match

If Orton can win, he will get his match at Judgment Day with The Undertaker

Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam

The match is one that is more than worthy of main eventing as Orton and Van Dam really took it to one another. The early going saw RVD go right after Orton, clearly wanting payback after Monday’s events.

Van Dam brought it to Orton with a lot of hard right hands and some strong kicks which brought Orton to his knees. RVD then took his advantage and continued to build on it with a strong offense. The highlight being a cartwheel followed by a standing moonsault to Orton, followed by a two count, close to finishing Orton off, whilst also bringing the fans to their feet.

Orton managed to draw himself back into things however, taking control after RVD ran the ropes, coming at Orton, but the Legend Killer managed to take RVD down with a beautiful dropkick, timing it to perfection before getting a near fall.

Orton then started to get on top as he needs to regarding the stipulation for this match. Another near fall came after hitting his signature backbreaker following a headlock. The impact looked to have taken Van Dam out of things but Mr.Friday Night managed to just get the shoulder up.

Orton continued to look to finish Van Dam off but failed to take his chances as RVD brought himself back into things with a roundhouse kick to the skull of Orton from out of nowhere!! But Van Dam failed to go for a cover, instead taking some time to regroup.
As both men got themselves to their feet it was RVD who got a grip on things, getting to Orton first and taking it to him with some big rights again before taking Orton down with a clothesline, followed by a nice German suplex as RVD heads up to the top!!

The fans pop as RVD looks to finish Orton off at last, but the cheers soon turn to jeers as we see Melina on the other side of the ring, coming through the crowd!! Van Dam sees her as she climbs up to the apron and gets the referee’s attention. Whilst the referee has his back turned, through the crowd on the other side come Mercury and Nitro who push Van Dam off the top!!

Huge heat from the crowd as Mercury and Nitro drop to the outside and meet Melina whilst RVD makes his way back up but is turned around right into the waiting Randy Orton who hits him with an RKO!! Cover, 1-2-3.

Winner: Randy Orton(13:21)

Michael Cole: MNM have screwed Rob Van Dam again here tonight!! How many times are we gonna see this between now and Judgment Day?!

Tazz: A lot Cole. Unless Van Dam can get himself a partner, the same damn thing is gonna happen every week. It’s the numbers game man.

MNM continue to assault Van Dam as Randy Orton joins in the beat down. All three men are stomping away at RVD as Orton tells Nitro and Mercury to get Van Dam up to his feet. But suddenly, the lights go out!! GONG. The lights come back on and The Undertaker is in the ring!! Huge pop from the crowd as Taker goes right after MNM. Orton has gotten out the ring as Taker hits Mercury and Nitro with big right hands before getting Mercury by the throat, getting Nitro by the throat!! Double choke slam from the Deadman!! But Taker turns around, RKO!! RKO FROM ORTON!! Taker is down as Randy Orton stands over the Undertaker.

Michael Cole: The Undertaker has returned to Smackdown here tonight!! But the Undertaker has been laid out by Randy Orton and an RKO. Orton vs. The Undertaker at Judgment Day!! We’ll see you next week everybody!! Goodnight!!

Current Judgment Day Card

WWE Title: Last Man Standing match
John Cena© vs. JBL

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

WWE Vacant Tag team titles
MNM vs. Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing

WWE Cruiserweight title match
Paul London© vs. Chavo Guerrero
cp954 is online now   Reply With Quote