Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#1,948 ·
I have Threemendous, BOLA 2006 Night 2, and the Secret of the Ooze. I'd be happy to trade some non-OOP shit as well.

#1,951 · (Edited)
ROH 'Richards Vs. Daniels' - Chicago Ridge, IL - 10OCT10

- ANX vs. Cole & O'Reilly was fun but not in the league of that match from FB.
- Ricky Reyes carried Right Leg to a passable match.
- What the fuck was up with that attempted rape on Lady JoJo?
- Homicide-Steen was great. Steen's work, on this show in general, epitomises his awesomeness towards the end of last year.
- Metal Master vs. Mike Mondo was a really good match. The Metal Master gimmick doesn't really hang together properly yet, though. It's basically a more colourful version of Chad Collyer.
- Decent KOW-Briscoes match but they had much better in 2010.
- LUVVED Cabana-Corino.
- Davey vs. Daniels was a long, action-packed match. It's one of those matches that you really need to watch two or three times, to get your head around everything that you've just seen.
- This was a really good show. Anyone, who doesn't have it, should add it to their collection.

#1,953 ·
IPW:UK The Six Year Anniversary Show

Rockstar Spud vs The Lion Kid - British Cruiserweight Championship
**1/4

The All Stars vs Leroy Kincaide & Johnny Moss
**1/2

Joel Redman vs James Tighe

Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Zack Sabre Jr. - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Terry Frazier vs Sha Samuels - No DQ
***1/4

Dave Mastiff vs Go Shiozaki - British Heavyweight Championship

LDRS Of The New School vs PAC & Mark Haskins - British Tag Team Championships
***3/4+

Martin Stone vs Danny Garnell - Steel Cage Match
***1/4

Overall:
Solid show overall. Mastiff/Shiozaki was really fucking great and whilst the LDRS tag was great, it was maybe a little underwhelming given how much talent was in there. Not a bad match and the majority of the matches are at least good.

#1,955 ·
Highspots.com is selling a 10 DVD Grab Bag plus 2 weeks of free Highspots TV for 29.99. I don't usually buy these sorta things, especially since Highspots as as much crap as they do good stuff but decided to order one anyway. Plus, once I get my two free weeks (sending me the code when they send the shipping notification) there are a bunch of matches on there that I can now watch without having to buy the DVDs for the handful of matches I want from them. Curious to see what I end up with. I figure if I don't like the stuff I can just resell it.

#1,957 ·
A letter from Jimmy Jacobs...

I wasn’t surprised. As I walked out the front door of the Frontier Field House in Chicago Ridge, Illinois, I knew I was unwelcome there now. My past atrocities had caught up to me. ROH security followed me out to make sure I never came back inside; so, I walked away. For two years, I walked. Until I finally found what I was looking for.

My name is Jimmy Jacobs, and I’m an evil person. In fact, I’m the most evil person in Ring Of Honor history. Through out the six years I wrestled for Ring Of Honor, I ruined lives. I perpetrated more heinous acts than I’d care to think about. So of course I wasn’t surprised that in Chicago Ridge on May 21, 2011 when Steve Corino introduced me as his sponsor that the ROH officials would not welcome me with open arms.

This letter isn’t about me trying to sell myself to you or anybody as a changed man. Only my actions can show who I am now. Earning back trust and respect takes time. So, I wasn’t surprised when even after six months of trying to show everyone that he is a changed man, nobody came to the aid of Steve Corino in Chicago Ridge. Time after time, Mike Bennett and most recently the House of Truth has brutalized Steve. Time after time, nobody has come to his aid.

This letter is about asking ROH officials to allow me back into Ring Of Honor. Steve having a sponsor and support group is crucial to his recovery. My worry is that if things continue the way they are going, all our hard work on Steve’s road to recovery will be in vain. Steve Corino, like me, is a recovering evil person. If this situation with the House of Truth goes unchecked, Steve will undoubtedly fall off the wagon. He needs support, and right now, I am the only one who can give it to him. I ask that you do not punish Steve for my past indiscretions.

I wasn’t surprised. Familiar yet totally different. As I walked out the front door of the Frontier Field House in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. I knew I was unwelcome there now. My past atrocities were still present, despite how hard I had tried to put them behind me. ROH security followed me out to make sure I never came back inside, but this time I stopped. After two years of walking, the road had led me back home. This is what I was looking for.

…Jimmy Jacobs

#1,958 ·
Finally got back to watching Seabs PWG Best of 2010 stopped at As The Worm Turns

PWG Titanica

Brandon Gatson vs. Ryan Taylor-***1/2

PWG Championship
Davey Richards (c) vs. Roderick Strong-****

PWG Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Briscoe Brothers-***1/2

Just gotta say I didn’t have huge expectations for this event but coming out of these matches I was pleasantly surprised. I am a Gatson fan but have never seen Ryan Taylor wrestle and was surprised at how good this match was. Roddy vs. Davey was like every other match they have wrestled but they did go a little overboard with nearfalls, but the hard hitting was there and the drama at the end. The main event was a tag match the I was looking forward to but didn’t meet my expectations I didn’t feel the intensity like the other title match. They really just seemed to go through the motions even though I knew who won they didn’t keep me on the edge of myseat like the first 2 matches had.

PWG DDT4 2010

PWG Tag Team Championship Match-1st RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Young Bucks (c) vs. Johnny Goodtime & Jerome “LTP” Robinson-****

1st RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Briscoe Bros vs. Kamikaze-***1/2

Chris Hero vs. Brandon Bonham-***1/2

PWG Tag Team Championship Match-Final RD Match in DDT Tourney
The Young Bucks (c) vs. iPeligro Abejas!-***1/2

DDT4 is usually a good event and this year followed with that trend. When I first started to watch PWG the thought of a Tag Team Tournament just felt like overkillwith tag matches but all the teams bring different styles and make it interesting every year. The first match of the night set the tone for the evening and might have been the best 10 minute tag team match ever. I knew who won but jeez LTP and Goodtime had me thinking they could pull it off. Another thing I got from this event was I am now a Tozawa fan he brought the entertainment for this fun and hard hitting match. This was a very stiff contest maybe the stiffest I have seen the Briscoes for a while and thought Kamikaze had a chance. Hero vs. Bonham good god this two layed into each other the whole night in this surprising match. It started as a good technical display then they just went into full stiff mode with Hero even hurting his hand on a punch. This match did disappoint for the love it was getting, I’m not saying it wasn’t good but maybe not as good as people were saying. My main event rating might not be as high as others but still was entertaining for the circumstances. Nick Jackson got KO’d for real and the match seemed sloopy up until 5 minutes left but the crowd at the end made even better than it was they reall wanted a title change and went crazy when they got it. Overall it might not be the best PWG event ever but it was a very fun and easy to watch.​

#1,959 ·
ROH officials were greeted with a surprising email from The Embassy’s Barrister R.D. Evans at the start of business Monday morning. Contained within the e-mail was a .PDF file of the paperwork Mr. Evans filed in court regarding the alleged assaults, amongst other charges, perpetrated by “The Notorious 187” Homicide on various members of Prince Nana’s Embassy. As this is apparently now a matter of public record, Mr. Evans requested that Ring of Honor officials provide the ROH faithful a means to view the documents so “…the people can see for themselves just what type of man Homicide truly is, and be aware of just what charges are being levied against this thug.”

ROH officials have complied with the Barrister’s wish and by clicking on the link below; you can read the multi-page document that Mr. Evans has presumably filed in court. Certain privileged information has been blacked out, but the important points of the document remain intact. When asked for his thoughts on the matter, Homicide simply laughed and said, “Talk to my lawyer.”

Here is the .PDF document in its entirety: http://www.rohwrestling.com/HomicideLawsuit2.pdf
R.D. Evans is awesome.

#1,962 ·
I'd be curious to see what Edwards could get out of him in a non-title match.

#1,965 ·
Becoming The Best In The World - American Dragon Bryan Danielson

Disc One

1. IWA-MS - 31/7/04 - Stylin In The Summertime
Bryan Danielson vs Arik Cannon
***3/4

2. IWA-MS - 21/8/04 - An IWA Fairy Tale: The Hero vs The Dragon
Bryan Danielson vs Chris Hero
***1/2

3. IWA-MS - 15/9/04 - A Phenomenal Invasion - 2 out of 3 Falls

4. IWA-MS - 16/9/04 - An IWA Homecoming
Bryan Danielson vs AJ Styles
***3/4

Disc Two

5. IWA-MS - 17/9/04 - 2004 Ted Petty Invitational Night 1
Bryan Danielson vs Alex Shelley
***1/2

6. IWA-MS - 18/9/04 - 2004 Ted Petty Invitational Night 2
Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk
***3/4

7. IWA-MS - 18/9/04 - 2004 Ted Petty Invitational Night 2
Bryan Danielson vs Mike Quackenbush
***1/2

8. IWA-MS - 18/9/04 - 2004 Ted Petty Invitational Night 2
Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles
****-****1/4

9. IWA-MS - 23/9/05 - 2005 Ted Petty Invitational Night 1
Bryan Danielson vs Claudio Castagnoli
***3/4

10. IWA-MS - 24/9/05 - 2005 Ted Petty Invitational Night 2
Danielsons entrance music is fantastic.

11. IWA-MS - 16/12/05 - Christmas Carnage 2005
Bryan Danielson vs Jigsaw
***1/2

Disc Three

12. FMW - 11/12/99 - Making of a new Legend VI
Bryan Danielson & Lance Cade vs Yosinori Sasaki & Naohiko Yamazaki
**1/2

13. FMW - 12/12/99 - Making of a New Legend VI
Bryan Danielson & Lance Cade vs Yosinori Sasaki & Hisakatsu Oya
**1/2

14. New Japan - 6/10/02 - 2002 Muga in Tokyo
Bryan Danielson vs Wataru Inoue
**3/4

15. New Japan - 14/10/02 - The Spiral
Bryan Danielson & The Havana Pitbulls vs Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Masahito Kakihara

16. New Japan - 26/10/02 - Fukuoka Fighting Spirit Memorial Day - Jr. Triathlon Survivor - Semi Final
Bryan Danielson & The Havana Pitbulls vs Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Heat

Disc Four

17. New Japan - 6/3/03 - Hyper Battle 2003
Bryan Danielson, Tiger Mask IV & Stampede Kid vs Jushin Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita
***1/4

18. New Japan - 7/3/03 - Hyper Battle 2003
Bryan Danielson & Stampede Kid vs Jado & Gedo
***1/4

19. New Japan - 9/3/03 - Hyper Battle 2003
Bryan Danielson, Masahito Kakihara & Stampede Kid vs Minoru Fujita, Jado & Gedo
**3/4

20. New Japan - 21/3/03 - Hyper Battle 2003
Bryan Danielson, Stampede Kid, AKIRA & Heat vs Koji Kanemoto, El Samurai, Jado & Gedo
***1/4

21. New Japan - 30/11/03 - Battle Final 2003
Bryan Danielson, Wataru Inoue, Jushin Liger & El Samurai vs Katsushi Takemura, Dick Togo, Jado & Gedo
***1/2

22. New Japan - 14/12/03 - Battle Final 2003
Bryan Danielson & Scott Norton vs Tiger Mask IV & Manabu Nakanishi
***1/4

23. EWA - 11/10/03 - Weltmeisterschaft
Bryan Danielson vs Michael Kovac

Disc Five

24. New Japan - 1/2/04 - Fighting Spirit 2004
Bryan Danielson vs Tiger Mask IV
**1/2

25. New Japan - 15/2/04 - Fighting Spirit 2004
Bryan Danielson, Koji Kanemoto & Curry Man vs Heat, Tiger Mask IV & Masayuki Naruse
***1/4-***1/2

26. New Japan - 12/3/04 - Hyper Battle 2004 - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Title Match
Bryan Danielson & Curry Man vs Jado & Gedo
***3/4

27. New Japan - 21/3/04 - Hyper Battle 2004 - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Title Match
Bryan Danielson & Curry Man vs Ryusuke Taguchi & Hirooki Goto
***3/4

28. New Japan - 13/5/04 - Toukon Saizensen
Bryan Danielson & Rocky Romero vs Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita
***1/4-***1/2

29. New Japan - 22/5/04 - Best of the Super Jr XI
Bryan Danielson, Curry Man & Ultimo Dragon vs Jado, Gedo & Katsushi Takemura

30. New Japan - 13/6/04 - Best of the Super Jr XI
Bryan Danielson vs Koji Kanemoto
***1/4

31. New Japan - 19/7/04 - Summer Struggle 2004
Bryan Danielson vs Naofumi Yamamoto
**1/2

32. New Japan - 22/11/04 - Nexess IV
Bryan Danielson, James Gibson & Tiger Mask IV vs Minoru Tanaka, Jado & Gedo
***1/4

Disc Six

33. TWA Total Impact - Number 1 Contender for TV Title
Bryan Danielson vs Spanky
**1/4

34. MLW - 9/1/04 - Reloaded Night 1
Bryan Danielson vs Teddy Hart

35. Force Francophone du Catch - 3/7/05
Bryan Danielson vs Alex Pain
**3/4

36. Force Francophone du Catch - 3/7/05
Bryan Danielson vs Ares vs Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch

37. NEW - 1/10/10 - Brass City Brawl
Bryan Danielson vs Shelton Benjamin

Chikara - The Renaissance Dawns

Disc One - 23/5/02

1. Mr Zero vs Dragonfly
**1/4

2. Marshal Law & Love Bug vs Ichabod Slayne & Hallowicked

3. Kid Kruel vs Zane Madrox

4. UltraMantis vs Blind Rage
**1/2

5. CM Punk, Colt Cabana & Chris Hero vs Mike Quackenbush, Don Montoya & Reckless Youth
***1/2

Disc Two - 31/5/02

1. Blind Rage vs Love Bug
1/2

2. Matt Vandal vs Zane Madrox
DUD

3. UltraMantis vs Mr Zero
**1/2

4. Brock Singleton vs Marshal Law
1/2

5. Blind Rage, Hallowicked & Ichabod Slayne vs Mike Quackenbush, Don Montoya & Reckless Youth
***​

#1,966 ·

Also, a letter from Steve Corino:
Dear ROH Officials,

Over the last 17 years, I have done some bad things…evil things. Things that got me to the top but I regret.

I have been hard to work with, lead, and have even walked away from the authority of Ring Of Honor on a few occassions due to my selfishness. I regret that too.

But I don’t regret the recovery that I have made over the last six months. Although I am not as successful in the ring as I would have hoped to be, I can sleep at night. I can sleep because I know I am on the right path.

I apologize for bringing Jimmy Jacobs back to ROH the way I did, but no one is listening to me. No one wants to believe me. I had to show the fans of ROH that not only am I a changed man, but so is Jimmy. He is my Sponsor.

ROH is all about the fans and you heard them in Chicago, they want Jimmy Jacobs back. I need him back. My path to Pro-Wrestling Recovery is a hard one and he is the only one I can depend on right now. Grizzly Redwood, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, Andy Ridge, and even Colt Cabana and El Generico have shunned off my attempts to make things right.

Ring Of Honor officials, I have not asked for anything in the last six months. I know six months does not make up for 17 years but ROH has a problem. And that problem is the House Of Truth. Christopher Daniels, Michael Elgin, and Truth Martini have been running rampant over ROH. They need to be stopped. They need to be stopped before they get too powerful.

What I am asking is to allow Jimmy Jacobs to come to New York City on June 26, to be in my corner, to make sure that I don’t fall off the wagon like I did last time.

The House Of Truth has to be stopped. Please accept my request. Let’s clean up ROH. I can help.

Thank you for your time and I will accept any answer ROH comes with.

My name is Steve Corino and I am an Evil Person. But I am trying to get better everyday.

Steve Corino

#1,967 ·
Daniels/Generico announced...

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels has held the ROH World TV Title since December 12, 2010 when he defeated current ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards in Louisville, KY. After winning the belt, Daniels vowed to be a fighting champion, whether it is on TV, iPPV, or otherwise; and largely stood by that promise as he successfully retained the belt on 6 separate occasions. Then came The House of Truth…

At “Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter 2”, Christopher Daniels shocked the world by lambasting El Generico upside the head with The Book of Truth and laying out Colt Cabana with The Angel’s Wings. Daniels had elected to stand beside Truth Martini, Roderick Strong, & Michael Elgin as a full-fledged member of the HoT.

ROH officials, in lieu of garnering a new television show after “ROH on HDNet” ended, placed the belt on hiatus, much to the glee of Daniels. Yet “The Fallen Angel” expressly stated that he would still carry the belt to ringside with him on all live events lest anyone forget who the “only TV star in ROH” truly is. But would he put up the belt on his own merit? Just look at his recent bouts against Colt Cabana and El Generico to answer that question.

Cheat to win against Cabana once at “Revolution: USA”, a loss to El Generico at “Revolution: Canada”, and a loss to Colt in their rematch at “Supercard of Honor VI”; right now there are two different men who hold pinfall victories over the “champion”, two men who both have a legitimate claim on challenging for that title. And with the news of Ring of Honor’s impending debut on Broadcast TV, ROH officials have reinstated the World TV Title, and Daniels will make his first defense live on iPPV at “Best in the World 2011”!

As for his opponent: none other than the man who bested him in Toronto, the first of the two individuals who pinned Christopher Daniels, “The Generic Luchador” El Generico! For the first time, Generico will challenge for the ROH World TV Title, and it will all go down live on iPPV with GoFightLive! ROH cameras captured words from both champion and challenger so keep an eye out for those right here at ROHWrestling.com and at our official YouTube page, and get your tickets for “Best in the World 2011” right here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=507!

Can’t be there in person? You can still catch all the action live at GFL.TV right here: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH__Best_of_the_World_2011/1052! Keep an eye out right here at ROHWrestling.com for more information on our next iPPV broadcast, and don’t forget to check out the new site exclusively devoted to “Best in the World 2011” (http://www.rohwrestling.com/bestintheworld/).

#1,969 ·
I really hope Generico wins the title. I also really want Corino to get himself involved in this match.

I would also imagine that we get Corino/Elgin on the card?
Yeah I'm expecting that to be added and since Homicide will be facing "the bodyguard of the Embassy" that doesn't leave very many people left. I'm REALLY hoping they bring in a tag team to face Cole & O'Reilly. Golden Lovers would be huge. They've both been in ROH and Omega was basically a regular for a while so I actually think it's realistic, but who knows.

#1,972 · (Edited)
Alright, here's what I'm getting rid of.

OOP ($20-25 each if shipped to a yankee address) (not available from ROH or highspots anymore):

photos here - http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/sonicebay/

Best of CM Punk Vol. 1 - Better Than You
Road to the Title
Reborn Stage 2
World Title Classic
Sign of Dishonor
Dragon Gate Challenge
Better Than Our Best ($30 for being the best indy event ever, will come with a bonus item)
Man Up (2 disc collector edition)
6th Anniversary Show

Other ROH ($10 each or 2 for $15 if shipped to a yankee address)
The Final Countdown Tour: Boston
Reverse the Curse
Fade to Black
Tag Title Classic II
London & Kendrick's Excellent Adventure

Other ($5 each or 3 for $12 if shipped to a yankee address)
Final Battle 2003
How We Roll
Live in Osaka
Glory By Honor VI Night 1
TNA Destination X 2006 (Region 1)
TNA Turning Point 2007 (Region 1)
Straight Shootin' w/ Jim Cornette & Percy Pringle
Straight Shootin' w/ Percy Pringle Vol. 1
Straight Shootin' w/ Percy Pringle Vol. 2
PWG The Secret of the Ooze
PWG Threemendous
PWG BOLA 2006 Night 2

Snow White blu ray (put back in the Disney Vault) ($15 total if shipped to a yankee address)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.