Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #1100 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter 1

El Generico vs. Michael Elgin - **1/2
One thing I couldn't get over is just the overall size of Elgin. His arms, chest, legs, everything. Dude's fucking jacked. Get him some more experience and he could be a force. But anyway, good opener. Finish wasn't what I was expecting but it'll be fun to take this masked man story further.

Four Corner Survival
Homicide vs. Colt Cabana vs. Caleb Konley vs. Tommasso Ciampa - **1/2
Lot of fun, much better than expected. Cabana is really underrated due to his comedy antics but I'd have no problem seeing him in title matches. Ciampa's finisher is awesome, Homicide hit 3 straight dives to the outside, and Caleb Konley still sucks.

Sara Del Ray & Serena Deeb vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Ayumi Kurihara - **1/2
So yeah, these Joshi girls are pretty talented. Especially Kurihara. Tag title match tomorrow should be stellar.

The Briscoes vs. Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - ***3/4
This was just awesome from start to finish. Cole & O'Reilly cotinue to impress and the Briscoes are much better heels than faces at this point. Everything they hit looked like it had a little more force to it. Check this one out for sure.

Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards - ****
The first half of the match was fairly slow, then it picked up and Strogn beat the monkey shit out of Davey like always. I liked this, but they've had better matches. One thing I noticed were that several of the chops and kicks had no noise, which just doesn't come off as well as a big smack or thud. It may sound better on dvd though. Cool moment is seen where Roddy nails Richards with a forearm and a big gob of blood shoots out of his mouth. But hey, it was the usual from the two. Oh and I forgot, the finish was pretty damn cool too.

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Kings of Wrestling(c) vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin - ***1/2
Another slow start, and to be honest I was a little disappointed with the match as a whole. Just never felt like they kicked into high gear like I was hoping they would. In the matches I've seen them have they just haven't gone balls out and I really want them to because it could really be awesome. I didn't really think the finish was well built up either, it was actually 80% of the same finish from SoCal. Still a good match yes, but not great. Predictable title change.

ROH World Championship
Eddie Edwards(c) vs. Christopher Daniels - ****1/4
So this was really just what I thought it would be. A lengthy, well wrestled and well appreciated title match. These two have such great chemistry together and both guys definitely deserve to be in the main event against one other. I love how the story unfolded with Daniels' bein a bit cocky in thinking he can beat Eddie again since he's done it twice, then Daniels's getting more and more frustrated as the match goes on and Eddie is repeatedly kicking out of his big moves. Daniels' ultimately ends up using chairs and a table and it's pretty clear he'll be turning heel very soon. Ultimately a great match to kick off what should be an excellent title run for Eddie.

Overall: 8.25/10
Really solid show from top to bottom with a fantastic main event, another physical outing from Strong/Richards, and a sleeper tag match that got the crowd rockin.

Last edited by Jack Evans 187; 04-03-2011 at 12:25 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome