Wrestling Forum banner

Indy Womens Discussion Thread

397K views 2K replies 178 participants last post by  go stros 
#1 ·

Here it is, by popular demand, the Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread! I'd been thinking, for a while, that there should've been one of these but, until now, I couldn't be bothered to make one myself (SHIMMER also needs to invade the 'Women of Wrestling' section but that's another story). I know that there are quite a few closet wimminz rasslin' marks knocking around WF, so it's time for you to come out of the woodwork and report in.

Some things that might need discussing:

- SHIMMER 33 is now available, for pre-order, here. I don't know who does the covers for SHIMMER DVDs but they've been awesome lately. They put ROH's dismal efforts to shame...
- Ayako Hamada recently parted ways with TNA. I'm presuming that she'll go back to Mexico or Japan on a full-time basis. There's a good chance that means that she won't be appearing at future SHIMMER tapings. Sad times.

- On a more positive note, here's a picture of Misaki Ohata:

Not sure what else needs discussing? Feel free to chime in with whatever you want, on the subject of SHIMMER - past, present and future.

See less See more
#138 ·
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Still no reviews? :hmm:

Anyway, seems like The Knight Dynasty (Saraya & Britani Knight) and the Seven Star Sisters (Hiroyo Matsumoto & Misaki Ohata) are being flown in, for the upcoming tapings, to give the Ninjas some competition.

There are four Japanese girls booked, so I don't know what this means for Hamada.

#141 · (Edited)

Just watched Vol. 34, and I liked what i've seen, much more so than with the last few volumes. This time, the card seemed more balanced, with less filler than usual (only ten matches on the card).

- Jamilia Craft/Skater was mostly forgettable (Craft is still bland, and the match had a noticeable botch);
- Same thing with Cruise/Leva Bates (Bates is clearly a huge fan-favorite, but she hasn't convinced me yet, and the match was kinda awkward at times);

But aside from those opening matches,
- Roxx/Ohata was fun (Nikki is adorable, as always, but her Barbie Crusher is getting sloppy);
- Daffney/Nevaeh's match was quick, but decent ;
- Tenille/Athena was impressive and very competitive ;
- Veronika Vice/Danger was solid ;
- Summerlyn & James/Canadian Ninjas was a fun tag match (despite Summerlyn & James not being a real threat to their opponents), with Portia feigning injury in the most obvious way.

- Nakagawa/CheerMel : great heel, great face, great abs, great match.
- Hamada/SDR/McKay : solid action, comedic Hamada, and a good triple threat that mostly avoided the pitfall of such matches (ie long periods of time where one of the wrestlers just disappears from the bout).
- Kurihara/Eagles : okay match, but i had a few problems with it. First, Kurihara was clearly never gonna win the belt, which kinda made for a very unsuspenseful match ; next, Eagles is tall, but she lacks the intimidation or the strength factor of a Melissa (or even a Melanie Cruise). She kinda makes up for it with her mat skills, but it comes at the expense of the intensity of the match : here, the first ten or so minutes of the fight were slow and technical/mat-based action, which may disappoint after the two previous high impact matches ; Eagles' finisher still lacks impact : in theory, the Hellbound is nice and everything, but since most indy wrestlers use the move as a transition or a mid-match move, it doesn't make for a very good finisher, imo ; and last but not least, Eagles is not booked as a particularly impressive champ. Aside from a few submission moves here and there, Kurihara looked much better, which doesn't help Eagles case as a memorable champ, as far as i'm concerned.

But all in all, solid SHIMMER volume, which kinda reconciled me a bit with the product.

#142 ·

They have another poster.

#147 ·

Watching this Athena vs Tenille match from Volume 34 and Athena is no fucking joke. She has athetlic ability, easy ring awareness, and runs her mouth in that ring like a real heel. Winning the crowd over too. Someone to DEFINITELY keep an eye on from now on.

#148 · (Edited)

SHIMMER NEWS - February 2011

It's time for a round-up of the latest weird and wonderful goings on in the wider SHIMMERverse over the past month, courtesy of yours truly.
You can also read previous updates by clicking on your chosen month, below.

|Dec|Jan|​

- 'SHIMMER: Volume 35' hasn't surfaced yet. I'd expect it to be out soon. Anyway, as always, you can see the ROH Store's full list of in-stock SHIMMER DVDs here.

- Speaking of ROH, two former SHIMMER Champions are set to collide on February 26th in SHIMMER's hometown of Chicago. Sara Del Rey vs. MsChif will take place as part of the '9th Anniversary Show' iPPV. You can read more about the events leading into the match and find out how to order here.

- MsChif will discuss the Del Rey bout in a special *LIVE* Diva Dirt broadcast tonight (Wednesday 23rd February) at 10pm ET. No doubt, the fast-approaching March SHIMMER tapings and Chif's recent match with 'Saved By The Bell' star Dustin Diamond will crop up in conversation too. You will be able check that interview out at http://diva-dirt.com/live .

- Her opponent Del Rey has long been associated with Ring of Honor and, as well as competing in-ring, she serves as a second for ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling.

Female fans will be interested to learn that, as a result of this association, Sara is currently selling girls' versions of the new 'KINGS REIGN SUPREME' T-shirts. You can find them on her personal website by clicking here.

- Current SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles and current co-holder of the SHIMMER Tag Team Championships Nicole Matthews, also have brand new shirts available to buy.

In lieu of official web sites, both Madison and Nicole are taking order requests via PM, through their respective social networking accounts. Click the links, for Madison's Twitter and Facebook and Nicole's Twitter and Facebook. They will also have shirts available during the March SHIMMER weekender in Berwyn.

- As well as Del Rey, MsChif and, of course, Daizee Haze, an additional SHIMMER athlete that you'll be able to see on ROH shows, in the coming months, is Mia Yim. Yim debuted, within the past few weeks, as a part of Prince Nana's revamped Embassy. You can see the new stable's introductory promo below:

- Another SHIMMER girl who recently appeared for ROH, Serena Deeb, has completed a tour of Japan since my last update.

You can view both of Serena's matches for the SMASH promotion below:

- In other Joshi news, Hiroyo Matsumoto is scheduled to return to SHIMMER as part of the line-up for the March 26th & 27th tapings at the Berwyn Eagles club.

Matsumoto's original stint with SHIMMER was cut short by injury and no doubt she'll be hoping to make a similar impact to that made by her fellow Joshi competitors on previous SHIMMER volumes.

You can find out more about Matsumoto at her English language fansite www.hiroyo-matsumoto.com.

- The SHIMMER debuts of Pro Wrestling EVE stars The Knight Dynasty (of Saraya & Britani Knight) will also add to the international flavour of the upcoming shows.

- Elsewhere in the wrestling world, SHIMMER Alumni Shantelle Taylor (AKA Taylor Wilde) wrestled her retirement match against Cheerleader Melissa, (AKA Alissa Flash) on the 5th of February, at a Pro Wrestling Revolution show in San Francisco. You can watch a preview clip and then purchase the full match at ClickWrestle.

- In TNA news, former SHIMMER Tag Champ Ashley Lane (AKA Madison Rayne) has now racked up a 129-day run as TNA Knockouts Champion. She is currently the longest-reigning champion in that promotion, by quite some distance, and is coming off the back of a big victory over Mickie James at the 'Against All Odds' PPV.

- In the WWE, SHIMMER alumni Nattie Neidhart was pinned by Eve in an improptu Fatal 4-Way match at the 2011 'Royal Rumble' PPV. Nattie relinquished her Divas Championship as a result, bringing to a close a 70-day reign.

- As February comes to an end, you can see the announced talent line-up for next month's SHIMMER DVD tapings, so far, and buy tickets at www.shimmerwrestling.com.

- Another great way to get more info on SHIMMER is to sign up for the official SHIMMER mailing list. Send your name and postal address to shimmernews@yahoo.com .

Those who sign up will receive the latest updates via post including FREE collectable glossy flyers, promoting the SHIMMER events.

#149 · (Edited)

Was cool to see Tajiri in that SMASH match!

Side note: It must suck for Serena that they say WWE DIVA SERENA and not just Serena...

#150 ·

Their mail adverts

and

#151 ·

CVE is coming to Shimmer :D

SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES is proud to announce the addition of Christina Von Eerie to the SHIMMER Volumes 37-40 tapings, which will take place on Saturday & Sunday, March 26th & 27th, 2011 at the Berwyn Eagles Club (6309 26th Street) in Berwyn, IL, just outside Chicago! Visit http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/ to secure your seats for the events right now.

Christina Von Eerie comes to us from California-based companies Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, and Pro Wrestling Revolution. Von Eerie broke into professional wrestling in 2006, and quickly caught the attention of fans and promoters worldwide in the time since. During 2010, Von Eerie added the valuable experience of competing for AAA in Mexico to her resume. In just over three weeks, The Punk Princess makes her SHIMMER debut in Berwyn as part of Volume 37 of the DVD series.

Visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/ for more on PWG.

Visit http://www.nwahollywood.com/ for more on NWA Hollywood.

Visit http://www.prowrestling-revolution.com/ for more on Revolution.

Christina joins previously announced talents SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles, SHIMMER Tag Team Champions The Canadian Ninjas, "Your Soul's Tormentor" MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Daizee Haze, "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Rey, "The Latina Sensation" Mercedes Martinez, Serena Deeb, Saraya Knight, Britani Knight, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Misaki Ohata, Ayumi Kurihara, Tomoka Nakagawa, Nikki Roxx, Ariel, Allison Danger, "The Wrestling Goddess" Athena, Rachel Summerlyn, Jessica James, "Everybody's Favorite Girlfriend" Jessie McKay, "Rate Tank" Kellie Skater, Melanie Cruise, and Leva Bates as those confirmed thus far for participation in the March 26th & 27th events. This brings the talent lineup to 26 total women athletes officially announced for the shows!

We have ONE front row seat still available for just the Sunday, March 27th tapings (Vols. 39 & 40). It is $70. If you are interested, E-mail shimmernews@yahoo.com right away. An upgrade from an existing general admission ticket can be arranged, if you already have one.

General admission seating for both days is still available at http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/ using PayPal. You may also purchase tickets by mail order. E-mail dave_prazak@yahoo.com for mail order instructions. Mark your calendars! SHIMMER is back at the Eagles Club in Berwyn on March 26th & 27th!

#160 · (Edited)

So happy Hiroyo is back.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

#162 ·

Ayumi, Misaki, Tomoka and Hiroyo have all checked in after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Nobody's hurt, though Hiroyo's stranded at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.