Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#1,744 ·
There was a very popular 80's WWF thread a while back... wait, no, that featured Nunzio and John Cena, so actually, that ended up being a horrific fail. :hmm: The obvious answer to said wish is that given how much knowledge it would require of the writer to write it, it would also require a degree of 80's knowledge ourselves, and considering many of us weren't even born then, it might just be a little too much effort to get interested in. Hell, I'm too lazy to really get into any thread from before 2004, I know so little about it.

#1,748 ·
Yep.

There was a very popular 80's WWF thread a while back... wait, no, that featured Nunzio and John Cena, so actually, that ended up being a horrific fail. :hmm: The obvious answer to said wish is that given how much knowledge it would require of the writer to write it, it would also require a degree of 80's knowledge ourselves, and considering many of us weren't even born then, it might just be a little too much effort to get interested in. Hell, I'm too lazy to really get into any thread from before 2004, I know so little about it.
Well, a good writer pulls you in and shows you all the characters. I think it's a little shortsighted to just not look at a thread if it's under 2004, just because you didn't watch back then. I just think a WWF 80's diary, done well, would be amazing considering it could change the course of wrestling history. Imagine no Hogan in the 90's, no endless World Title runs, no nWo etc.

#1,751 ·
It makes no sense to write about something you don't know about. Researching individual characters is one thing, but having to do so with entire time periods is a bit more taxing if you weren't watching/alive during that time.

Now a discussion question I'm sure has popped up before...

Why do you, as an individual, book?

#1,752 ·
Hmm a bit of fun mainly. When I started my thread I had a few storylines that I wanted to do and it is a bit of effort trying to complete them but I'm enthusiastic about getting there. I also like to think I can make a few people smile and even laugh sometimes with some of the more light hearted parts of the shows.

Oh yeah and put the belts on the guys I like :argh:

#1,753 ·
I book because I enjoy, more than anything, to develop characters. I've never really gotten very far in any of my threads, bar 2004, which is still going btw (cheap plug), but I've always had some pretty sexy plans regarding character development.

It's less about the wrestling, and just about the characters. That's why BTB isn't the only form of creative writing that I do.

#1,754 ·
Despite me not being extremely good at it, I thoroughly enjoy creative writing but Booking not only allows me to do that, but allows me to do it in a way that I love, through professional wrestling; A sport and means of entertainment I've enjoyed for over 10 years now. Pretty simple reason really, combines my love of Professional Wrestling and Creative writing whereas before I even found out about Booking, I lacked that form of expression.

#1,755 ·
When I found this one, I tried to fix some things with what's happening with the WWE now. This one not only gives us a chance to show what we have on our English, or even what it takes to imagine something, but to show some love and loyalty to the wrestling scene. Wrestling is one of our hobbies before we sleep. We watch Monday Night Raw, SmackDown or even check some things and stuffs here.

And this BTB gave a chance to the chance to the people who wants to show some ideas and perspectives about their style of booking. They want to change some flaws of a promotion, or even create a new promotion. Even though, my first one is a bit of a mess (small plug hehe.), I still try to improve it by reading some of the posts of my co-bookers. I will not learn if I will not read some lessons on the people who are here for some time, or even to newbies.

This one is cool. My English is bad sometimes, but I try to check it when I have time. But, if it's still readable, it's still fine. Every one makes a mistake in making some English sentences. Hehehe.

#1,757 ·
I don't mind getting heat on this reason, but I do enjoy writing and trying to make it look as good look and presentable and being creative and the whole shabang, but the main reason I enjoy booking is because I like to hear other people's opinions on my work. I like working hard and committing time to something just so I can have other people who serve the same passion as me to BTB comment on my work. We all crave and want that extra light of attention, but that's one of the main reasons I like to BTB.

#1,759 ·
Yeah, you waste 2 days or 3 days just to finish a 4-hour PPV show. And that's insane. That is really a big hardwork to do.

Well, English is not really my primary language that I speak, but I am trying my best just to make my sentence readable or even understandable to the people who wants to view my BTB. :)

Well, it really helps a lot especially if you are taking some Creative Writing or some related to creating story courses. And improving the imagination and your English speaking skills. I also liked this one because you will have some spotlight. The people might give you praises or even criticisms to improve your next work.

#1,760 ·
English is not my native language either though, so that's not really an excuse.

I BTB because I love to develop characters, create storylines and change history basically. On top of that I agree with Leeroy; I BTB because I like to show what I came up with to other people and hopefully get feedback and followers. If I didn't want feedback, and if I didn't want to write out promos etc, then I'd just play EWR and book for myself.

#1,764 ·
Well, I agree with Jethro and Leeroy.

Booking things about a wrestling promotion is good because you can do anything you want. Changing some ideas, demographics and perspectives the real wrestling promotion have right now. Pushing your favorite mid-card superstars to the main event, giving some damn to the other people. I love this one because you can fix things and think things that a wrestling promotion can't think or maybe they used it before.

#1,768 ·
I really love Legend's style in booking things. He's cool and awesome. He is more focused to do extraordinary and one of a kind matches. I read some of his pay-per-views and it was long. But, it really inspires me to do better in my own BTB. And he's a Hall of Famer here in the BTB, I want to be like that. :)

#1,767 ·
I agree with you Stojy on that :D

Haha, Joking. Anyway, I like the direction he's going with this thread. I always try to do that with my threads, I don't care much about "entertainment",I like focusing on the wrestling part of the shows.

#1,770 ·
I sent out PM's over a month ago and got just one response, put a reminder up a few weeks back, and then just recently put up another reminder to yet no avail. I can only do so much for this. This is one last reminder for all Hall of Famers to check their PM's and sent me their responses back. This will determine whether or not there will be a class or not.

#1,772 ·
What, I'm wondering. BKB Hulk has a BTB Thread, right? And he has an awesome booking sills too. Is he on the HOF Class of the BTB?

Sigh.

#1,774 ·
wanted to know if there was going to be a tournament or some kind of thing taking place soon. This would be a great time with so many people doing btb now for summer. We can do like a survivor or some kind of competition i think it would be interesting and exciting to shake things up in the section? I know many will say oh it is too much work but.. is it really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.