Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Renegade Presents: WWE 2003 - Now Go Home And Get Your Fucking Shinebox

View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #264 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Renegade Presents: WWE 2003 - Now Go Home And Get Your Fucking Shinebox

This one's a tad late too. And yes, I am up at 4 in the morning in the States, so you'd betta recognize.

619s Feedback for Rene’s Judgment Day

Quick note on the video package - I cringed (yeah, I do that quite a lot) at the ‘executioner delivering your punishment’ with the image of Benoit applying the Crossface. Onto the actual show…

The cruiserweight contest really kicked things off on a really nice note. The ‘continuous tumble’ spot made me mark a little bit, I love that spot. Everyone seemed pretty much in their element with probably the exception of Kidman, who looked the weakest outside of the sick powerbomb/superplex spot. Wasn’t surprised to see Hardy retain at all.

Great little match here, although I never like thought of Rey Mysterio punching anyone in the face, really. The match itself I will say was pretty well written, and I’m damn glad Cena got the win here. The finish was surprising to me though, seeing as how I wouldn’t have thought Cena would counter the 619 twice in about 5 minutes. Good win for Cena, Rey still looks strong, and Cena’s rap was…a little off .

Wow. Great hardcore action here, although I have to say I’m not very familiar with Awesome’s moveset and such, but damn this sounded brutal. Again though, I cringed again at Awesome performing a suicide dive. My cringing aside, a great hardcore type match, although I do have a question – in a match with literally no rules…a foot on the ropes still breaks the count? Even so, absolutely SICK way to end the match too, seeing as how I didn’t really see Awesome walking away with this one.

Good tag showcase between the APA and WGTT. Wasn’t really in question over who was gonna win. Some nice formulaic tag team wrestling here, I will say what I’ve read of your tag matches is that they’re always done very well. This was no different, although I have one complaint – there’s a HUGE wall of text that I almost didn’t want to make it through in this match. I’m sure you’ll see it. Other than that, the finish (whipping him out or ‘wiping’ him out...?) was still keeping everybody looking strong and again, no surprise the titles stay where they are.

Oh man, this was stupid great of a match here. I thought throughout the whole thing, Benoit looked a lot stronger than Guerrero, but Eddie still looked strong b/c he was in his element of staying under the radar. Even so, Benoit almost completely absorbed Eddie in his awesome showing, with both men undoubtedly giving it everything they had. I thought Benoit looked a tad desperate towards the end with all the Crossface attempts, but everything was damn awesome. Not surprised its MOTN so far.

Since sting is an obvious choice for this promo here, I’m going to throw another guess and say Goldust. With a pet crow.

Another great match here, although I didn’t like back-to-back 20-minute matches. Both in real life and it booking (well, for me at least) it’s a tad exhausting reading/watching really long matches one after the other. Still, both were very well written, both worthy of main events, this one making up for in psychology for what the last one somewhat lacked. I’m not surprised as this is the only match of the night so far that thoroughly abused the outside part of the ring, and I will say I saw Angle winning, but I didn’t see him winning this way. Nice seeing Angle expand himself just to get another win over the Rattlesnake.

Jesus, another huge wall of text. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading your Brock Lesnar (so much that I’ve nominated and pretty sure I’m voting for in the Awards), so reading him in a match would only suit my fancy. I’m not really surprised here that Taker pretty much carried Brock. I mean, reading it, Brock got what, 7 moves in outside of counters, and two of those were F-5’s. Brock didn’t look weak though, that’s the surprising thing. Maybe it was your writing it, maybe it was just the fact that he’s Brock f’n Lesnar, but he still didn’t look weak. All that aside, another great match, although not as evenly divided on the last two. This match approached 20 minutes, so three 20 minute matches back-to-back-to-back I’m not too keen on (that’s literally keeping people’s attention for an hour), but hey, what happens happens. Wasn’t MOTN for me, but it was still utterly awesome.

FINAL THOUGHTS: COULDN’T BE HAPPIER JUDGMENT DAY ARRIVED.
I don’t have much criticism outside of the whole ‘three 20-minuters in a row’ schtick that’s just me probably being nit-picky, and I picked up a few more grammar mistakes from you than I’m used to, which is me again being nit-picky (I’m a Grammar Nazi. What can I say?) MOTN definitely goes to Benoit/Eddie for me, although I will say what surprised me overall was there was no Hogan. You kinda set up for it, but him no showing was the most surprising thing. Another thing that turned me off a little was the numerous times there were these gigantic walls of texts, especially leading into the match finishes, see APA/WGTT and Lesnar/Taker. But still, booking wise, I can’t complain (nor criticize. Not like I have any grounds on that anyway), as everything did a fantastic job at storytelling and sucking me in to tell the whole story.
OVERALL: 8.5/10

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Oblivion Edition 35 NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote