Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker

View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #2949 (permalink)
Wolf Beast
IT'S YERSEL!!

Wolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth reading
Default Re: Being The Booker

Monday Night Raw | June 11 2007 | Charlotte NC

Video package from last week, where Eric Bischoff announced this weeks main event; a triple threat tag team match, featuring the six men involved in the Triple Main Event this coming Sunday at Vengeance, interspersed with clips from last week of Christian attacking Kennedy, Cena choking out Angle, and Shawn Michaels delivering Sweet Chin Music to Umaga - sending the Bulldozer off the stage!!

Opening Video

Pyro

Jim Ross: Only six days remain until Vengeance, but tonight, Vengeance comes early!! The Bobcat Arena in Charlotte has been filing in by the hundreds in anticipation for tonights main event!! The six men that compete in the hotly anticipated Triple Main Event this Sunday are ALL in action in a triple threat tag team match!! Mister Kennedy teams with Umaga, Shawn Michaels pairs up with Kurt Angle, and the men that stood across from one another at WrestleMania will align tonight; John Cena and the World Heavyweight Champion, Christian!!

The Coach: Biggest main event on Raw this year, without a doubt baby boy!! As if there wasn’t enough bad blood brewing, we could see all kinds of history rekindled tonight!! Eric Bischoff has surpassed himself tonight!!!

Jim Ross: Indeed, over the last week, Eric Bischoff has arguably become the most powerful man in the WWE, as he was selected to step in as General Manager of Smackdown in the interim for three months. Now, Bischoff is running Raw AND Smackdown.

The Coach: He may be steering that titanic disaster on Friday Nights for a while, but Bischoff knows where his priorities lie. Monday Night Raw is where it’s at.

Jim Ross: He may have twice the workload, but The General Manager of Raw has not rested on his laurels, that is for damn sure. Tonight, the King of the Ring Quarter Finals will take shape. Three second round matches, that will determine who joins Umaga in the Elite Eight. Matt Hardy meets Gregory Helms in a home field battle for both Carolinians, CM Punk takes on the veteran William Regal, and the master of the 619 Rey Mysterio faces the man that took the Intercontinental Championship from him two months ago, Shelton Benjamin.

The Coach: My pick!! Shelton Benjamin baby!!! Goin all the way to the throne!!

**SEXY BOY**

A huge roar engulfs the arena, as SHAWN MICHAELS enters the stage, as popular as he’s ever been.

Jim Ross: AND THERE HE IS!!! The Heart Break Kid is six days shy of a career threatening Last Man Standing match with the savage Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga at Vengeance. Is Shawn Michaels the man to finally beat Umaga?? If ANYONE is capable, it’s THAT MAN, and he proved it last week on Raw!!

The Coach: I learned my lesson last week, J.R. You simply NEVER rule out The Showstopper.

Jim Ross: There is a reason they call him the best big match performer. Shawn Michaels always raises his game when the chips are down. He goes into that Last Man Standing match still at a major disadvantage, but now, it’s clear; Shawn Michaels CAN beat The Samoan Bulldozer.

The Coach: But WILL he??

Shawn Michaels stands in the ring, nodding, approving the adulation of the fans, before cutting in.

Shawn Michaels: Ya just cant beat this, can ya!!??

Shawn smiles for a moment, as the fans pop.

Shawn Michaels: Boys and girls, I’d love ta stand out here, and have a good time with ya … but good ‘ol Aitch Bee Kay has hadda pretty rough time of it lately, and as ya mighta saw last week … I’ve reached breaking point!!

Cheers from the fans, remembering his actions last week, whilst HBK nods, looking serious.

Shawn Michaels: For the last two months, I’ve hadda deal with a big lump o’ junk walking down that aisle, stepping into this ring, and handin out free beatdowns. Now, I don’t know what you people thought about it … but I gotta say, for me?? That stuff gotta little boring after about two weeks. But week after week, the attacks kept comin. And comin.

Michaels pauses for a second.

Shawn Michaels: AND COMIN … AND COMIN!!

Some boos from the fans for Umagas attacks.

Shawn Michaels: That’s all well an’ good. I get it. I’ve been in this business for … well, let’s just say I’ve been around the block. I know what Estrada is tryin ta do for Umaga. He’s tryin to make a name for his meal ticket. He keeps callin him ‘The Samoan Bulldozer’, and for all intents and purposes, he’s backin it up, week in and week out. Mister Estrada, good job. But ya made one fatal mistake my friend.

Michaels turns, and looks into the camera.

Shawn Michaels: Ya picked the wrong victim!!

Pop for HBK.

Shawn Michaels: If you honestly thought ya could just waltz onto Raw, with that big sack of crap, and run roughshod over Aitch Bee Kay without any repercussions … ya better take a seat, light up one of those Cuban cigars, and think again!!

Michaels attempts to continue, but is cut off by the cheers from the fans.

Shawn Michaels: ‘Cause lemme tell ya somethin, The Heart Break Kid doesn’t lie down for anybody. I don’t care if you’re seven feet tall. I don’t care if you’re the size of a house, or the weight of a dump truck. I wont run, I wont hide. Ya pick a fight with me, boy, ya better be ready for the fight of your life!!

Pop.

Shawn Michaels: Last week, I gave ya a taster of what to expect at Vengeance. But believe me, that’s all that was … a taster. Come Sunday, you’ll get that, and much, much … MUCH MORE!!

**VIRTUAL VOODOO**

Attention switches to the entrance way, with the expected sighting of Umaga … but instead, Armando Estrada enters … alone?? The handler of Umaga walks down the aisle, talking over the music.

Armando Estrada: TUDOS … EXXXCUSEEME!!! Haitch Bee Kay, forgive the interruption, but I come … ha ha, in peace.

Estrada continues down the aisle, much to the chagrin of HBK, and bravely(?) looks to enter the ring, talking as he proceeds.

Armando Estrada: Shawn Michaels, I greatly admire ju’re … commes se dice … spunk!!

Estrada, smirking, enters the ring, and stands across from HBK.

Armando Estrada: Jure actions last week?? Very impressive.

Estradas smile slips.

Armando Estrada: But very … VERY STUPID!!

Heat.

Armando Estrada: Because now?? Now, ju’ve woken the beast. Now, at Vengeance, Umaga wont just destroy ju … Umaga is gonna … decapitate ju.

Heat.

Armando Estrada: Shawn, I’ve left The Samoan Bulldozer in the locker room for jure safety. But I cant keep him there all night. Ju still have to contend with him later tonight … and if ju can survive that … then I can personally promise … ju wont survive Vengeance.

Heat.

Shawn Michaels: Armando, this aint ma first rodeo. You’re not the first guy to tell me I cant possibly survive. But surviving?? Surviving aint ma objective. I’ve gone head to head with the biggest, baddest, toughest, strongest guys this industry has ever seen, an‘ they said I wouldn’t survive … yet here I am. Vader, Kevin Nash, Big Sid, The Undertaker, Kane … I’ve seen ‘em all, I’ve fought ‘em all … and ya better believe I beat ‘em all too!!

Massive pop, as the impassioned HBK steps forward, fixing the jacket of Estrada, making the mouthpiece very unsettled.

Shawn Michaels: SOOO … if you think I’m headed to Vengeance with the objective of survivin?? … Think again amigo. I’m headed to Vengeance with the sole objective of being the LAST … MAN … STANDING!!!

HBK then shoves the mic into the chest of Estrada, and exit’s the ring, to a big reaction from the fans, chanting ‘H-B-K’ … but Estrada isn’t happy to leave it at that.

Armando Estrada: Ah … jus’ a second, Shawn.

At the bottom of the aisle, HBK slowly turns. Estrada leans over the ropes to speak to HBK.

Armando Estrada: Shawn, like I said earlier … I admire jure spunk. Ju have a lot of heart, and ju have beaten some of the biggest guys to ever step foot in a ring. But ju have never faced anything like THE SAAAAAAA-MO-AN BULLDOZERRRRRRR … OOOOOOMAGA!!!

Heat.

Armando Estrada: And after Vengeance this Sunday … ju wont face anyone like him again.

Estrada leans over the ropes again, with that irritating smirk on his face as usual.

Armando Estrada: Because ju wont be the “Last Man Standing” Shawn. In fact … ju’ll be lucky … if you EVER … stand … again.

Michaels, with a face of stone, doesn’t bat an eyelid at the massive claim from Estrada, whilst Armando nods, mouthing ‘It’s gonna happen’, as we fade out to the first commercial break of the evening…

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

Clip of Bret Hart rolling up Bam Bam Bigelow to win the King of the Ring tournament in 1993.

“I‘M THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE”

Narrator: It has given the platform for champions to establish themselves.

Clip of Owen Hart being crowned King of the Ring in 1994, as we hear him yell over it.

“I‘M THE KING OF HARTS!!!”

Narrator: It has immortalized greats forever.

Clip of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the 1996 King of the Ring tournament, with the sound bite over it.

“AUSTIN THREE SIXTEEN SAYS, I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS”

Narrator: It ushered in the birth of a new attitude.

Clip of Triple H having his hand raised in 1997.

“THE KING OF THE RING!!!”

Narrator: Stars have been born.

Clip of Kurt Angle dropping to his knees in victory in 2000.

“IT‘S TRUE, IT‘S TRUE”

Narrator: Legends have been made.

Clip of Brock Lesnar having his hand raised in 2002, as we hear Paul Heymans voice over the top.

“THE NEXT BIG THING, BRRRRROCK LLLLLESNARRRRR”

Narrator: Careers have skyrocketed.

Clips of Mister Kennedy with the crown last year, and Edge with his trophy in 2001

Narrator: The King of the Ring tournament has provided some of the most memorable moments in sports entertainment history, and on Saturday, June 23, 2007 … the King of the Ring lends itself to another staple in the illustrious history of the WWE … Saturday Nights Main Event.

Clips of current superstars, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Straight Edge, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, MNM, Carlito and Brent Albright.

Narrator: The year, the King of the Ring tournament climaxes on NBC, with quarter finals, semi finals and the grand final, on the most special edition of Saturday Nights Main Event in history!!!

Quick clips again of the prominent former winners.

Narrator: Which superstar will use the King of the Ring tournament to follow these legends, icons and immortals into the pantheon of greatness??

~ THE 2007 KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT ~
!! LIVE ON SATURDAY NIGHTS MAIN EVENT ON NBC !!
JUNE 23 | THE PYRAMID, MEMPHIS TN

We return into the arena…

**BOOYAKA 619**

To a huge reaction as always, Rey Mysterio makes his grand entrance, bursting from under the stage.

Jim Ross:
Well, this Sunday Rey Mysterio will have his hands full with Rhyno, in a deeply personal affair, but right here, right now, Mysterio will have to focus on the King of the Ring tournament.

The Coach: Don’t worry J.R, Mysterio wont have to worry about this for long. King Shelton Benjamin is just about to put him out of his misery.

Jim Ross: Well, this is the first of THREE King of the Ring tournament matches this evening, and perhaps there is none more mouth watering than this. These two have met a number of times over the last six months for the Intercontinental Title, but tonight, it’s about something more. There are very few more prestigious honours than the King of the Ring, and both Mysterio and Benjamin know it.

**SOMEBODIES GONNA GET IT**

The Coach: LISTEN TO THE OVATION!!!

Jim Ross: What ovation??

Shelton Benjamin enters the arena, as ever, joined by Theodore Long.

The Coach: This guy has it all!! The look, the athleticism, the charisma, and he’s got the greatest advisor by his side. Shelton Benjamin is goin ALL the way baby boy!!!

Jim Ross: Shelton Benjamin defends the Intercontinental Championship on Sunday in Oklahoma against Matt Hardy, but The Black Diamond has his sights set on advancing to the Quarter Finals of the King of the Ring tonight.

The Coach: And he will, J.R. It’s written in the stars for this kid to go all the way. Shelton Benjamin and The Brotherhood are headed for the top. We’re finally about to break through the glass ceiling!!

Jim Ross: We??

The Coach: The Brotherhood are my boys, old timer. They love The Coach, and The Coach loves them!!

Match 1 | KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT | SWEET SIXTEEN:
Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin w/Theodore Long
The two know each other well, and it shows, with the pair effortlessly going through the ‘feeling out’ stage, with impressive counters and reversals, before a stand off, with the fans applauding the actions of both men. They then proceed, and it’s another series of counters and reversals, which eventually descends into roll ups and cradles, which are reversed and countered, resulting in a number of near falls, before they break up, and have another stand off with another stalemate … as we head into a commercial break.

Commercial Break

And Raw returns with Shelton Benjamin now in the ascendancy, with clips from during the commercial where Mysterio had gained the upper hand, but a trip from Theodore Long on the outside changed the course of the match, allowing Benjamin to take over, and put the hurting on Mysterio. Rey battles back after a period of dominance for the I.C Champ, taking out the legs of Shelton, but as he attempts a hurricanrana, Benjamin counters, and RAMS Mysterio into the corner!! Benjamin follows up, and goes for a suplex, switching to a neck breaker for a signature spot from Shelton, but even that is only good for a two count.

Benjamin drags Rey up, sending him into the corner, and follows up, looking for the Stinger Splash … BUT MYSTERIO AVOIDS IT!!! Rey runs out of the corner, and plants Benjamin with a dropkick to the back … SENDING SHELTON INTO THE ROPES!!! Mysterio calls for the 619, and goes for it … BUT BENJAMIN AVOIDS IT!!! Rey swings around the ropes, and back into the ring, with Benjamin looking for the FROST KICK … BUT REY DUCKS UNDER!!! Mysterio runs off the ropes, but Benjamin leaps over him on the return, then catches Rey from behind, and looks for a side suplex … BUT MYSTERIO COUNTERS WITH A BULLDOG!!!

Rey gets back to his feet, and now climbs the turnbuckles … BUT THEODORE HOPS ONTO THE APRON!!! Mysterio is momentarily distracted, and the referee intervenes, admonishing Long off the apron, with Theodore complying … but the distraction gives Benjamin time to get to his feet, and the IC Champion LEAPS to the top rope … AND ARM DRAGS MYSTERIO OFF THE TOP!!! The fans are split between heat for the distraction, yet cheers for the athleticism on show. Benjamin struggles into a cover, 1...2...NO!!! Mysterio kicks out!! Benjamin slams the mat in frustration, and gets back to his feet, prowling, as he looks for Rey to reach his feet … AND GOES FOR PAYDIRT … BUT MYSTERIO GRABS A ROPE … AND BENJAMIN HIT’S THE CANVAS!!

Mysterio waits for Shelton to reach his feet, and as he does, Rey drop toe holds the Black Diamond into the ropes … INTO POSITION FOR THE 619!! Rey looks set to go for it … BUT LONG JUMPS INTO THE RING AGAIN!!! Mysterio runs at Theodore, sliding between his legs … AND DROPKICKS HIM FROM BEHIND … SENDING LONG INTO THE ROPES TOO!!! AND REY GOES FOR THE 619 AGAIN … AND CONNECTS!!!!! Long rolls out of the ring, whilst Benjamin stumbles up, with Rey leaping to the top rope, looking for the seated senton … BUT GETS CAUGHT WITH PAYDIRT - JUST LIKE HE DID AT BACKLASH!!! Benjamin tumbles into a cover, hooking both legs, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Shelton Benjamin @ 09:12

Benjamin advances!!! The Black Diamond shocks Mysterio, just like he did at Backlash two months ago, and progresses to the final stages of the King of the Ring tournament in twelve days time!! Shelton rolls right out of the ring, and grabs his title - which he defends on Sunday - and helps up Theodore Long, holding his mentor up, as they get out of dodge, whilst Mysterio slowly comes around in the ring.

Jim Ross: You gotta wonder Coach, if it hadn’t been for the presence of Theodore Long, this could’ve been a much much different contest.

The Coach: WHAT!!?? Shelton Benjamin just outperformed you’re little buddy jumpin bean, and you cant accept it!! Well, it happened - again!! The Black Diamond beat your boy at Backlash, he beat him on Superstars, and he beat him again tonight!! This kid is on the brink of immortality!!!

Jim Ross: You certainly have the blinkers on, Coach. Theodore Long on two occasions tonight prevented Rey Mysterio from advancing to the elite eight of the King of the Ring tournament!!

The Coach: Stop cryin over spilt milk, J.R. Shelton Benjamin is headed to Saturday Nights Main Event, and he’s collectin a crown. As for Mysterio, he can- oh, HEY, LOOK AT THIS!!!

In the ring, we see Mysterio trying to pull himself to his feet … AS RHYNO IS PERCHED DOWN IN THE CORNER … WAITING … Mysterio doesn’t realise what’s about to happen, still recovering from Pay Dirt … and turns around … INTO A GORE!!!!!

Jim Ross: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!! That’s uncalled for!! Get this ANIMAL outta the damn ring!!!

The Coach: He’s hell bent on hurting Mysterio, J.R!! I think the King of the Ring is a distant memory for Rey now!!! HA HA HA!!!

The Man Beast stands over Rey, looking as intense as ever, bad mouthing his rival, before holding his arms up aloft in the air, to heat from the fans.

Jim Ross: This was uncalled for Coach!! Rhyno got what he wanted. He got his match with Mysterio at Vengeance. But THIS?? This is sickening!!!

The Coach: This is brilliant J.R!! I love the intensity of The Man Beast. Don’t try and cage this Rhyno!! Mysterio is in big trouble on Sunday if you ask me, old timer.

Jim Ross: That he may be, if he has to contend with this beast. Rhyno is out to maim if you ask me, Coach. This man needs locked up in a padded cell. He has no place in a wrestling ring!!

Rhyno exit’s the ring, and charges up the aisle, still showing the brimming intensity, as the official again tends to Rey.

Jim Ross: It’s not been a good night for Rey Mysterio, but he’ll have an opportunity at redemption on Sunday at Vengeance. But still to come tonight, in addition to that mammoth triple threat tag team match, we still have TWO King of the Ring second round matches to come. Don’t go anywhere!!

Commercial Break

We return, backstage, with Kelly Kelly standing by with the World Tag Team Champions…

Kelly Kelly: I’m here with Straight Edge, who tonight, compete in singles action in the King of the Ring tournament, but this Sunday, you defend the World Tag Team Titles in a Fatal Four Way match, against The British Lions, The Brotherhood and the team that beat you last week to earn their spot in the match; Tyson Tomko and X-Pac. And, with that loss last week, many people have pointed to the King of the Ring tournament as a possible distraction to your tag team title reign. Both of you continue in the King of the Ring tonight, but where does your main focus lie??

CM Punk: Kelly, let’s set the record straight. Greg Helms and myself are the World Tag Team Champions. THAT is our bread and butter. We bust our asses for too long to get our hands on these, to just surrender them because we got sidetracked by singles competition. The truth is, we lost last week because we got caught out by a better team on the night.

Punk looks to Helms, with his partner getting in on the promo.

Greg Helms: Punks right, Kelly. Being tag team champions is our main objective. Keeping the titles on Sunday is our goal. Like the good man said, we spent far too long busting our asses, night in, night out, to get to where we are. Right now, I don’t care what anyone says, in my opinion, we’re the very best team in ALL of the WWE, and Kelly, despite the craziness of a Fatal Four Way on Sunday, we WILL get back on track, and we WILL be walking out of Vengeance the way we walked into it - World Tag Team Champs.

Punk now takes over, with a cheeky smirk on his face.

CM Punk: But that’s Sunday. Tonight, Greg and myself have the chance to reach the Quarter Final stage of the King of the Ring tournament. And it’s too big of an opportunity for either of us to turn down. We’re both in agreement, we both believe in our abilities to go all the way in the King of the Ring tournament, AND stay focused on the tag team division.

Helms nods, and the two touch knuckles, before Helms turns to the camera.

Greg Helms: And Kelly, it’s an opportunity that both of us intend to grab with both hands. So, for those teams out there that have been saying we’ve taken our eyes off the prize in the tag team division?? Quit your dreamin!! Straight Edge are here to stay, and you’ll all realise that on Sunday!!

Punk chips in now, looking to the camera also.

CM Punk: And for those of you looking past Greg and I in the King of the Ring tournament?? Keep looking past us, because it’ll be all the more sweeter when one of us is crowned King.

The duo now walk off the set, as we cut back to ringside…

But just as J.R and Coach appear on camera, the shot switches …

Somewhere - and the grainy, CCTV like footage of ‘The Reality Check’ accompanies it. We see JOHNNY NITRO AND JOEY MERCURY inside the office of ERIC BISCHOFF, with the GM stepping inside the office, looking taken aback by the presence of the former tag team champions.

Eric Bischoff: (Flabbergasted) What the hell are you two doing in my office??

Johnny Nitro: We weren’t doing anything Eric, honestly. We’ve been waiting here to speak to you.

Eric Bischoff: In future, wait outside. And, call me Mister Bischoff, if you don’t mind.

Johnny Nitro: Sorry Eri- I mean, Mister Bischoff. It’s just-

Nitro stumbles over his words, and looks to Mercury, with his partner taking over the talking.

Joey Mercury: Look, Mister Bischoff, you’ve been very generous with us since we debuted on Raw a year ago. You gave us a shot after less than a month here, and we didn’t disappoint you. And since we lost the titles, you’ve been very generous still in giving us another opportunity for the belts.

Eric Bischoff: Hold on. Stop wasting your breath. I know exactly where this is going gentlemen. You want in on the tag team title match at Vengeance, right??

MNM nod.

Eric Bischoff: Yeah, well I’d like to spend all day fishing, with a girl on each arm, but reality sucks. You two lost the titles at WrestleMania. You got your rematch at Backlash, and lost. You had a second rematch a few weeks ago on Raw. I cant remember the last time you pair won a match. So … why should I give you another shot??

Johnny Nitro: Look at our track record Eric, we-

Eric Bischoff: I just went through it, Johnny. Your recent track record … sucks.

Joey Mercury: Yeah, but match us up against any of those three teams that are challenging for the titles at Vengeance. We’re better than The Brotherhood, we’ve got way more experience as a team than Tomko and X-Pac-

Johnny Nitro: Those two have only been tagging for five minutes!!

Joey Mercury: And we’re better than the Lions.

Johnny Nitro: And we proved that the last time we faced them.

Joey Mercury: We just think it would be fair for teams to rightfully earn a shot at the tag team titles.

Johnny Nitro: Exactly. Credit where it’s due, Tomko and X-Pac beat the champs, and The Brotherhood have a few wins under their belt. But the Lions?? They haven’t beat anyone, Eric.

Bischoff ponders for a moment. Nitro gets set to chime in again, but Bischoff puts his hand up to stop him from speaking.

Eric Bischoff: Listen, frankly, I’m a little bit sick of listening to the two of you. How about this, go out there tonight to the ring. You’re facing The British Lions, and we’re going to see which team really deserves that slot at Vengeance. How does that sound?? I mean, you did say it would only be fair to earn a shot at the titles.

Before either man can answer, Eric butts in again.

Eric Bischoff: It’s not like you even have an option anyway. You want in on the tag team title match?? Go prove to me how much you want it. And get the hell outta my office.

The duo nod, with Mercury offering the GM a handshake, but Eric merely just looks at the hand, and then looks away, with MNM shuffling out of the room.

Commercial Break

We return with William Regal already on his way to the ring, ahead of his King of the Ring second round match.

Jim Ross: We are back live, and William Regal is set to go one on one with CM Punk for a spot at Saturday Nights Main Event King of the Ring culmination. A unenviable date with the - as yet - undefeated Samoan Bulldozer Umaga awaits for the winner of this one.

The Coach: Wouldn’t like to be the winner of this one, J.R. Might be a better result to lose if you ask me.

**MISERIA CANTARE**

To a decent response, CM Punk enters the arena, looking to create an impression as a singles star, whilst remaining one half of the tag team champions.

Jim Ross: Don’t be saying that to this man, Coach. CM Punk is a kid that strongly believes in his abilities, and trust me, this young man from Chicago will believe he can defeat Umaga if he advances past the wily veteran, Blackpool Englands William Regal.

The Coach: There wouldn’t be a more fitting King that the Englishman … but it’s not a fairytale, and someone should point that out to Punk too, if he honestly believes he can go all the way.

Match 2 | KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT | SWEET SIXTEEN:
CM Punk vs. William Regal
Rough, rugged contest, with the two men trading vicious blows in the early going, holding nothing back. Regal wins the early exchange, imposing his will on Punk, and eventually scores a near fall off a Butterfly Suplex. Regal then keeps Punk on the ground with a side headlock, but Punk pushes to his feet, and the two struggle for supremacy on their feet, with Punk eventually scoring with a snap more and following up with a stiff kick to the chest of the Brit.

Regal struggles to his feet, using the corner to help himself up … which is an open invite for Punk to race in, and scores with a high knee in the corner!! Punk then looks to follow up with a Bulldog … but Regal surprises him, and CROTCHES Punk on the ropes!! Regal follows up, showing no mercy, and runs off the opposite ropes, crashing into Punk with a running forearm, sending Punk off, and onto the floor. On the outside, Regal continues to rough up his opponent, before bringing Punk back inside, hitting a side suplex for another near fall.

The veteran now lifts Punk back to his feet, driving into his sternum with vicious knees, over and over, then sends him into the corner, charging in, but Punk catches him with an elbow!!! Regal backs up, and Punk hops to the middle rope, before flying off with a clothesline, knocking Regal down. Punk now begins his fight back, rallying against Regal, and it looks like the man from Chicago will pull off the victory, as he sets up for the Punk Card … BUT REGAL ELBOWS FREE!!! Regal lands on his feet, as Punk looks for a knockout kick … and misses!!! Punk charges toward Regal, but the Brit catches him with a flapjack, landing Punk off the ropes, with Punk staggering away, doubling over … ALLOWING REGAL TO NAIL THE KNEE TREMBLER!!! Regal hooks the leg, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: William Regal @ 06:01

The veteran continues on his unlikely quest to become King of the Ring!!! Regal overcomes the spirited CM Punk with a hard fought win, and now has the unenviable task of facing Umaga at Saturday Nights Main Event.

Jim Ross: An emotional win for the veteran Englishman!! William Regal progresses to the Elite Eight of the King of the Ring, and Coach, it goes to show that this tournament isn’t just about the stars of the future. It’s a chance for a veteran like William Regal to make a last big run at the top. William Regal has never got the type of success a man of his talent has deserved, but a win in the King of the Ring could change everything!!

The Coach: Yeah, yeah, very nice story. Forgetting one thing old timer; he faces Umaga next.

Jim Ross: Indeed…

The Coach: Nice story while it lasted old timer, huh??

In the ring, Regal shows respect for Punk, helping the tag champion to his feet, and shaking his hand, with Punk gracious in defeat.

The Coach: Oh please. Pass me a bucket, J.R.

Jim Ross: What the hell is wrong with a show of respect, Coach??

The Coach: Nothing to do with that, J.R … I just tasted your god awful barbecue sauce. It’s like tarmac. But now that you mention it, these two in the ring are making me nauseous too.

Jim Ross: I bet you’ve been saving that line for a while, huh Coach??

The Coach: It’s been brewing, but it’s still true.

Jim Ross: Well folks, while Coach perfects his stand up routine, let’s not forget that we’ve still got a wrestling show tonight. And our main event continues to give me goosebumps. Six days away from Vengeance, all six men involved in the triple main event will be in action, in a triple threat tag team match!! Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Umaga, Mister Kennedy, John Cena and the World Heavyweight Champion, Christian, all in the same ring- TONIGHT!!

Commercial Break

GAIL KIM V.P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YAOFMasH0
~ DEBUTS NEXT WEEK ~

Commercial Break

Match 3:
The British Lions w/Katie Lea vs. MNM
MNM show the initiative, knowing they HAVE to impress, and they HAVE to win, if they want to be any part of the tag team title match at Vengeance. From the outset, the former champions look to single out Smith, knowing he is the weaker link of the two, which frustrates Burchill, with the King of Pain unable to get a piece of the action. Harry Smith though pulls through, and shows his promise, digging deep, and fighting back, thanks to the encouragement on the outside from Katie Lea, and his partner, Burchill. Smith completes his comeback, catching Mercury with a power slam, and then reaches out, making a tag to his partner!!!

Burchill enters, full steam ahead, charging through Nitro and Mercury, with a barrage of clotheslines, followed by a sidewalk slam on Mercury, before launching Nitro out of the ring!! Burchill scores a two on Mercury, but now appears to be setting up for the finish, going for the Curb Stomp … but it’s prevented by a desperate Nitro, who drags his partner out of the ring. MNM though, don’t get long to recover, as Smith and Burchill exit the ring, and come after them, catching their prey, and throwing them back inside.

MNM struggle to their feet in the ring, with Burchill sending Mercury to the corner, and looks to charge in, but gets DRILLED with a Chuck Kick from Nitro!!! Smith now attempts to intervene, but Mercury knocks him off the apron with a clothesline, as Nitro wails on Burchill. Mercury then helps to hold the big guy up for Nitro to pound at freely, and after a few right hands, Nitro looks for a run up to strike Burchill, BUT BURCHILL MOVES … NITRO NAILS MERCURY!!! Nitros mouth opens wide in shock, then cringes, realising his mistake, turning around … AND EATS a big boot from Burchill!!! Harry Smith drags Nitro out of the ring now, as Burchill sets Mercury … AND DELIVERS THE CURB STOMP!!! The cover is made, 1...2...3!!!
Winners: The British Lions @ 05:33

Once again, MNM find themselves on the losing side when it mattered most!! The trend continues for the former champions, and now find themselves well and truly out of the running, whilst The British Lions build momentum ahead of Sundays Tag Team Title match!!

The Coach: Not again!!

Jim Ross: After having their stunning nine month run as World Tag Team Champions brought to a halt at WrestleMania, MNM appear to be devoid of confidence!! The losses have piled up, they-

The Coach: And you love it, J.R!! Week after week you have sat here in glee, watching Nitro and Mercury suffer and struggle. But they’ll bounce back!! They may be out of the running on Sunday, but MNM WILL BE BACK ON TOP!!!

Jim Ross: In all honesty Coach, I just cant see how they turn this around. They are out of title shots, they’re at the very back of the line, and they almost seem at odds. Look at this!!

In the ring, Nitro has helped Mercury to his feet, but Mercury shoves his partner away, furious with how the match unfolded, pointing to the outside, slapping his own face, trying to explain something.

Jim Ross: If you ask me Coach, MNM just arent on the same page anymore. They’re not even reading the same book right now!!

The Coach: All great teams have their trials and tribulations, J.R. MNM have hit a rough patch, that’s all. They’ll be back!!!

Jim Ross: MNM may be at odds, but one team that certainly is not is the impressive British tandem of Burchill and Harry Smith!! They have looked together over the past two months, and a huge opportunity awaits them on Sunday in Oklahoma!!

Backstage now, we see Melina (obviously not concerned with MNM at the minute) and Beth Phoenix making their way towards the gorilla position.

Jim Ross: And when we come back, that Devil Woman herself, Melina, is in action, just six days before her scheduled Womens Title match against Mickie James. We still don’t know if that match will even happen at Vengeance!! Melina, in action, next!!

Commercial Break

Match 4:
Melina w/Beth Phoenix vs. Maria
Is there any need for details?? Maria, again, is a helpless lamb to the slaughter, as Melina makes light work of her, showcasing her move set, with a devilish smile on her face throughout, finishing the job with the Primal Scream, getting an elementary 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Melina @ 01:14

A quick nights work for Melina, looking impressive ahead of her title shot at Vengeance … but it seems like Melina has something to say, requesting a mic from Lillian Garcia…

Melina: Mickie!!?? Did you see that?? That’s what is waiting for you if you decide to show your face at Vengeance!! I don’t blame you for hiding Mickie, I really don’t. And you can use your past as an excuse for hiding, but deep down … you’re only hiding because you’re scared of me!!

Melina laughs over the mic, then takes a look at the hulking Beth Phoenix.

Melina: Yeah, you’re scared of losing to me, and you’re scared of having to meet Beth Phoenix face to face. You could show some guts and show up on Sunday, but let me tell you what you should do … keep hiding.

Melina smirks, as Beth scowls, with Melina noticing, and quickly backing up.

Melina: Hear me out Beth. Mickie?? It’s inevitable. Beth Phoenix will eventually track you down, wherever you are. I’m going to do everything I can to help her find you in the end. But you should let us find you. Give yourself as long as you possibly can to avoid it. Stay away from Raw. Stay away from the WWE, and especially, ESPECIALLY stay away from Vengeance.

Heat from the fans. Melina smirks evilly again, and turns to leave the ring with Beth, but looks up … and the ENTIRE divas locker room is standing at the top of the aisle, with the veteran Victoria leading the pack, holding a mic.

Melina: What’s this?? My championship celebration wont be until next Monday girls, but thank-

Victoria: This isn’t a celebration Melina. It’s a message … for Mickie James.

Melina looks confused.

Victoria: We have sat back and listened for long enough. We’ve had to watch the torment you’ve put Mickie through. Us divas mightn’t all get along all the time … some of us might even hate each other … but we’re all in agreement on this. What Mickie has done in the past was wrong, but she has turned her life around- at least, she had until you brought it all out in the open.

Melina shrugs, knowing this already.

Victoria: Mickie James is a role model, not just for young women, but for anyone. She’s living proof that people CAN change for the better. People CAN turn their lives around and achieve their dreams. She shouldn’t be persecuted for her mistakes in the past. If anyone should be banished and hounded out of the WWE … it’s YOU Melina!!

Pop for the (usually) heel Victoria.

Victoria: This right here, is a show of unity. Mickie, I know wherever you are, you’ll be watching this. Please listen. The divas locker room is united in saying this; come back, we forgive you. Come back this Sunday at Vengeance and do us all a favour … SHUT Melinas mouth, once and for all!!!

Big pop, as Melina looks ready to lose her temper, not wanting a match at Vengeance, but happy to be awarded the title instead.

Victoria: Mickie, THIS is where you belong. All the divas want you to come back, all the fans miss you too … you owe it to us, to them, and most importantly, you owe it to yourself Mickie. You worked too hard to throw it all away.

The camera closes up on Victoria now, as she ends the promo.

Victoria: Please … Come … Back.

A slight ‘Please Come Back’ chant develops around a small section of fans, but the chant doesn’t really pick up a lot of steam, although it can be heard clearly, with Melina visibly furious, shouting to the fans (without a mic) to “SHUT UP!!”, before letting out her ear-aching scream in frustration.

Jim Ross: I hope, I pray that Mickie James IS watching. I hope she is packing her boots and is hopping onto the next flight to Oklahoma. Mickie James IS wanted, forgiveness IS here. Melina is in the minority. Mickie James, please come back.

The Coach: I’m astounded J.R. The jealousy in the divas locker room holds no bounds!!

Jim Ross: Jealousy??

The Coach: They’re jealous of Melina!! They’re jealous of her beauty, they’re jealous of her in ring ability, they’re jealous of her superior intelligence, to the point where they’re welcoming back a criminal!!! That old hag Victoria shoulda kept her nose outta peoples business J.R!!!

Jim Ross: No!! Victoria was right. Mickie James needs to know that not everyone shares the same view as Melina!! Jealousy isn’t what brought the divas locker room out, it was unity!!!

The Coach: Well it doesn’t matter anyway. Thankfully, we all know Mickie James is a coward. She wants nothing to do with Beth Phoenix or Melina. She’s history once she no shows at Vengeance. Bye bye title, bye bye contract. See ya later toots.

Jim Ross: It remains to be seen, Coach. As far as I’m concerned, if there is any justice on this earth, Mickie James will return at Vengeance and get some sweet revenge, long overdue revenge on Melina. But that’s Sunday. Coming up next, we will see a potentially highly combustible situation. Matt Striker will be standing by with BOTH Kurt Angle and John Cena.

The Coach: Whose bright idea was that??

Jim Ross: Eric Bischoffs I assume, Coach. It happens when we return on Raw!! Don’t go away!!

Commercial Break

{/SECOND HOUR}

And we return, backstage, with Matt Striker standing between the pent up Kurt Angle and John Cena, with both men glaring across at the other.

Matt Striker: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw, and right now, I am joined by the two men that go one on one in a thirty minute Ultimate Submission Match this Sunday at Vengeance. John Cena, Kurt Angle, thank you for your time. Now, John, you’ve never competed in a match of this type before. As a matter of fact, you’ve never even competed in a submission match of any kind. How much of a disadvantage do you think you’ll be at on Sunday, with no prior experience of submission matches??

Cena takes a moment to think of his response, nodding momentarily.

John Cena: Y’know, for the last three weeks, all I’ve been hearing is that I’m crazy … I’m nuts. Over and over and over. I cant hang with Kurt Angle, I cant keep up with him for thirty minutes, I cant possibly make Angle submit more than he can me … BLAGHHH!!! I’m pretty fed up of hearin it Matt. I’m fed up of always being written off because I’m not as technically gifted as the next guy. WHEN are the haters gonna learn, Matt?? You DON’T write John Cena off.

Cena pauses for a second, allowing himself to calm down.

John Cena: Look, heres the deal. I get that there’s a lot of people out there that for whatever reason they have, don’t like me. Some people don’t like me because of the way I talk. Some people don’t like the way I dress. Some people don’t like the fact that I’ve come a long way with limited ability. No, I don’t know every submission in the text book. I don’t know every variation of the suplex. But in that ring, every night, from Charlotte to Chicago, I will fight, tooth and nail LIKE MY LIFE … DEPENDED ON IT!!!

Mixed response from the fans.

John Cena: I don’t have the skillset of Kurt Angle. I’m not as cerebral as Triple H, or as flashy as Shawn Michaels. But I’m still a three times World Heavyweight Champion. I have headlined WrestleMania, I’ve outlasted twenty nine other guys to win the Royal Rumble, two times. Four months ago, I went sixty minutes with The Game … and I was the one to have my hand raised when it was all said and done. So no, I don’t have any experience in Submission Matches Matt … but that doesn’t really matter, does it?? On Sunday Night, I’m goin to war with that man right there, fighting like my life depended on it … and Imma stick it to the haters one more time, when I have my hand raised after thirty long minutes.

Striker nods to the response, before turning his attention to Angle.

Matt Striker: Kurt, you’ve heard what John Cena had to say in regards to how his lack of experience in these matches will affect him. But Kurt, you have history in submission matches, and in fact, you competed in the only other Ultimate Submission Match in WWE history. How do you feel your experience in this match will help you on Sunday at Vengeance??

Angle continues to glare at Cena, before addressing the question.

Kurt Angle: Like Cena said Matt, it doesn’t really matter, does it?? It doesn’t matter if I’ve competed in one, or a hundred ultimate submission matches. And why doesn’t it matter Matt?? I’ll tell ya why … because John Cena is my opponent.

Heat from the fans for the insult.

Kurt Angle: John, I don’t care how many times you’ve upset the odds. It makes no difference to me that you won a sixty minute Iron Man Match when no one gave you a chance. Or how many times you’ve been World Champion. At Vengeance, you enter my world. And it’s a world of pain and suffering that you cant begin to imagine. And these odds?? They’re insurmountable.

Cena shakes his head, disagreeing with the sentiment.

Matt Striker: Now, John, a few weeks ago on Raw, you claimed that you simply WOULDN’T tap to Kurt Angle. Kurt however has guaranteed that you wont survive thirty minutes with him without submitting at some point. How can you possibly promise not to quit if Kurt Angle were to apply the Anklelock in the first five or ten minutes of the match, with so much time left to run??

John Cena: Last week, Kurt Angle referred to me as ‘boneheaded’. Look, I’m not the smartest … yeah, I’m a little dumb at times … but if I’m caught in the Anklelock in the first minute of the match, dead centre of the ring with nowhere to go and twenty nine minutes left on the clock?? As much as it goes against every fibre in my body …

Cena shakes his head for a moment, not wanting to say it.

John Cena: … I’ll tap.

A huge smiles develops on the face of Kurt Angle, and the Olympian begins a slow clap.

Kurt Angle: Finally … he admits it. Bravo John. I see what you’re trying to do … cover yourself. You don’t want to lose any face with all your fans, so you’ve given yourself a built in excuse for losing on Sunday-

Cena now steps forward, with Striker stepping back.

John Cena: Naw, naw, naw. I don’t make excuses Kurt … wont need ‘em. I tap once at Vengeance?? You better believe you gonna be tappin twice. I tap four times?? You tap five. No matter how many times I give you a fall, I’ll be takin one back in the blink of an eye.

Angle now steps forward, now face to face with Cena.

Kurt Angle: And how do you intend on doing that with one good ankle?? Every time I clamp on the ankle lock, it’ll do more damage. Think about the bone breaking, ligaments snapping, muscles tearing, time and time again, for thirty minutes, doing more damage each time. Do you honestly think you can withstand the ankle lock John?? Over and over, and just dust yourself down and shake it off each time??

Cenas jaw tightens, as the two men stare down, head to head.

Kurt Angle: I know you fear nothing and regret less Cena. But you should fear the ankle lock. Everyone else does, and for good reason. It’s retired Kane. And despite what JBL is saying over on Smackdown, The Undertaker isn’t hiding from him … the number I done on the Deadman at WrestleMania with the ankle lock is what forced him into the shadows.

Angle momentarily smirks, before glaring at Cena again.

Kurt Angle: My ankle lock has hounded The Brothers of Destruction out of the WWE … and I intend on doing everything in my power to add you to that list on Sunday at Vengeance.

Cena, looking just as fired up as Angle, doesn’t take his eyes off the Olympian, shaking his head in disagreement.

John Cena: Forget about tryin to run me outta the WWE. Nobody is capable of runnin me outta town. You just concentrate on tryin to win the match on Sunday, you got your hands full with that task …

Cena goes forehead to forehead with the intense Olympian, as both men breathe heavily, both refusing to back up an inch.

John Cena: Believe me.

The two continue forehead to forehead … as we fade out.

Commercial Break

Backstage, we see Kelly Kelly standing by…

Kelly Kelly: Hi everyone, it’s Kelly Kelly, and right now, I’m with Goldust!!

The Bizarre One walks into the shot, wearing his long blonde wig, and touching Kellys, as if to compare the two. Kelly laughs it off, chuckling, as she conducts the interview.

Kelly Kelly: Goldust, two weeks ago on Superstars (Kelly starts to stop her chuckling) you were the victim of an attack from your broth- I mean, your ‘um apprentice, Cody Rhodes.

Goldust nods, looking dejected, as he stops playing with Kellys hair, and thinks back to the attack two weeks ago.

Goldust: Kelly, all I ever intended to do was to guide young Cody. All I wanted for Cody was the best, and I thought I could help him reach the top. I wanted to be by his side, and watch him grow into the superstar I know he can be. As it turned out though, Cody didn’t want my help…

Goldust snaps out of his sad demeanour, and gets back ‘in character’, flicking the hair from his wig back.

Goldust: But THAT Kelly … THAT’S Cody’s loss!! See he takes life too seriously, Kelly … he didn’t want to have any FUNNNNNNN!!! Do … you … like to have fun, Kelly??

Goldust sniffs Kellys hair, with Kelly smiling, but looking slightly uncomfortable, as Goldust whispers.

Goldust: Would you like to have fun … with me??

Kelly shrugs, unsure how to respond. Goldust then twirls Kelly around, trying to dance with the interviewer. He then stops, brushing her hair back, as the blonde giggles.

Goldust: Don’t be afraid Kelly … I wont … (Bites the air) hmmm … BITE!!

Goldust smirks, and steps back, as Kelly continues to smile.

Goldust: But let me assure you Kelly … after spending some time with me … you’ll never forget the name …

Goldust rubs himself as he does the ‘OOOOOOOOH’

Voice: Pathetic.

Goldust is rudely interrupted … by Cody Rhodes. The youngster looks Goldust up and down, shaking his head in disgust.

Cody Rhodes: And people wonder why I’ve disowned my family.

Rhodes rolls his eyes, shaking his head, and walks on. Goldust watches as Cody leaves, and seems to be back in the shell he was in when the interview began…

Back into the arena…

**MISERIA CANTARE**

To a big response from his home state fans, Greg Helms enters the arena looking pumped up, and ready to go.

Jim Ross: Earlier tonight, CM Punk failed to reach the Quarter Finals of the King of the Ring tournament, but right now, Greg Helms has the opportunity to go a step further than his tag team partner. But, to reach Saturday Nights Main Event, he must overcome his good friend, and fellow Carolinian, Matt Hardy.

The Coach: Well, I know one of us is gonna enjoy this. Two of your favourites going toe to toe. I just hope it gets real ugly. I hope these two get down and dirty, and beat the holy hell outta one another.

Jim Ross: I’m sure you’d love that, Coach. And with a place in the Elite Eight up for grabs, friendship will be left at the door, and it could well get ugly between these two.

**LIVE FOR THE MOMENT**

And, to a massive ovation, Matt Hardy races onto the stage, looking hyped up, excited, and raring to go.

Jim Ross: In six days time, this man, Matt Hardy challenges Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship. And, should he win tonight, he will face Benjamin AGAIN at Saturday Nights Main Event. Those two men could be getting to know each other extremely well in the coming weeks.

The Coach: And trust me, Matt Hardy doesn’t want to know Shelton Benjamin that well. If he wins tonight, he’ll be withdrawing from the King of the Ring tournament next week, because he’ll get enough of Shelton Benjamin at Vengeance!!

Jim Ross: You’ve got a lot of confidence in Shelton Benjamin, Coach. Perhaps too much. Folks, don’t go away, Matt Hardy meets Greg Helms … NEXT!!

Commercial Break

Match 5 | KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT | SWEET SIXTEEN:
Matt Hardy vs. Greg Helms
The Carolinian fans show plenty of interest in this one, with Hardy and Helms being natives, and put on a splendid showcase, with both knowing the other well, allowing them to excite the audience. After a handshake, the initial feeling out process doesn’t last long, before Helms kicks it up a gear, a step too quick for Hardy in the early going. Despite a few near falls, no pin attempt really has Matt in trouble, and the tide quickly turns once Helms looks to launch himself at Matt off the ropes, with Hardy dropping down, and low bridging the ropes, sending Greg soaring out of the ring, crashing hard on the floor below!!

No love is lost with the Elite Eight of the KOTR in the balance, and Matt follows out, forgetting friendship, and gets to work on his opponent, running Greg into the steps, then delivers a catapult into the ring post. Matt sends Greg back into the ring, following inside, and delivers side suplex, floating over for a cover, but only manages to score a two on this occasion. Despite the two, Matt continues on, sending Helms to the corner, charging in, hitting a clothesline, and follows up, hitting a bulldog out of the corner on Helms. Matt decides not to cover this time, and instead gets to his feet, climbing the ropes, setting up for the rarely seen (from Matt in recent times) MOONSAULT … BUT HELMS IS UP … AND HAMMERS THE BACK OF HARDY TO STOP HIM!!

Hardy almost loses his footing, with Helms now climbing up, softening Matt with right hands to the back and head, as they teeter up top … BEFORE HELMS DRILLS MATT WITH A SWINGING NECKBREAKER OFF THE TOP ROPE!!! The fans come to their feet, as Helms busts out his signature top rope neck breaker, with the home state fans showing their appreciation. Both men are down, and the referee begins to administer a standard ten count … which reaches six, before Helms moves, and drapes an arm over Hardy for the cover … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

Matt survives, but the momentum has swung in Helms favour, and Helms doesn’t want to waste his opportunity, pouring on the pressure, with Matt having to dig deep in order to survive. Greg looks to go for broke now, and eyes the Nightmare on Helms Street … BUT HARDY FIGHTS IT!!! Matt wriggles free, then ducks a clothesline, and catches Helms as he comes back again … SIDE EFFECT!!! Matt is slow to make a cover, selling the effects of Helms offence, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

Helms shows his will and desire now, surviving the side effect, but Matt stays on him, putting Greg down with a front slam, setting him nicely for the Second Rope Leg Drop, with Matt delivering!!! This time, Hardy doesn’t cover, but gets back to his feet, signalling for the Twist of Fate, as he waits for Helms to regain his footing, stalking his prey. Greg struggles up, seemingly unaware of what’s to come, with Matt spinning him around … TWIST OF FATE … NO!!! Helms spins out … AND CRADLES MATT … 1...2...NO!!!

Hardy barely kicks out of the shock pin, as Helms nearly dumps him out of the KOTR tournament. Both men are straight up from the near fall, with Helms ducking a punch, then catching Matt with a kick to the gut, runs off the ropes, and looks for a blockbuster … BUT MATT AVOIDS IT!!! Helms crashes onto the canvas, and staggers up … STRAIGHT INTO THE TWIST OF FATE … WHICH THIS TIME CONNECTS!!! Hardy hooks the leg tightly … 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Matt Hardy @ 07:29

In a scintillating contest, Hardy prevails, advancing to the Quarter Finals where interestingly he will meet the man he challenges this Sunday for the I.C Title; Shelton Benjamin!!

Jim Ross: Say what you want about these two men Coach, I know you don’t like either of them, but these two proud Carolinians have just put on a heck of a match, a slobber knocker, in front of their home fans!! What a match!! And now, Matt Hardy will meet Shelton Benjamin twice in seven days. The first is this Sunday at Vengeance for the Intercontinental Title, and then at Saturday Nights Main Event in the King of the Ring Quarter Finals.

The Coach: He might’ve won tonight J.R, but Matt Hardy better get used to losing. He doesn’t stand a chance against The Black Diamond either this Sunday, or on the 23rd.

Jim Ross: We’ll have to see about that Coach. Do not, under any circumstances count out that man in any scenario. Matt Hardy will never back down, never stop, never quit. If Shelton Benjamin can defeat that man twice in one week, he’ll have made a believer out of me.

In the ring, Matt helps Greg up, and the fans give both men plenty of respect, cheering on their performance tonight, as the two friends shake hands, then hug, much to the delight of the Carolinians in attendance…

…UNTIL MARK HENRY CREAMS BOTH MEN FROM BEHIND!!!

Jim Ross: What the- WHERE DID HE COME FROM!!??

Suddenly, Shelton Benjamin, JTG and Monty Brown arrive on the scene, and put the boots to their respective opponents this Sunday at Vengeance, with the heat levels rising for The Brotherhood.

The Coach: OH YEAH!!! This is how The Brotherhood roll baby boy!!

Jim Ross: Somebody put a stop to this!! Where the hell is CM Punk?? Anybody!!!???

In the ring, Hardy and Helms are set into a corner, with Henry being used as the muscle he is, splashing into both men simultaneously. As they stagger from the corner selling the impact, Monty scores with a POUNCE on Helms, whilst Shelton delivers PAYDIRT to Hardy!!!

The message has been sent, as we quickly shift backstage, and see Helms partner, CM PUNK, laid OUT … with X-Pac and Tyson Tomko standing over him, with Pac smiling heinously, whilst Tomko remains stoic, arms folded, as we realise why Punk didn’t come to the aide of his partner.

Back in the ring, The Brotherhood stand tall, message sent, with Hardy (Benjamins Vengeance opponent) and Helms (The Brotherhoods opponent with Punk in Sundays Fatal Four Way tag title match) down and out, as we fade to commercial.

Commercial Break

** VIDEO PACKAGE **

Pitch black, until the voiceover begins…

‘Some have been wronged’

Slow silent shot of Kurt Angle, roaring in anger.

‘Some have been doubted’

Silent shot of Mister Kennedy, victorious in the Beat the Clock challenge.

‘Some have crossed the line’

Silent shot of a sobbing Mickie James.

‘Yet some have yet to scratch the surface’

Silent shot of Umaga standing over Shawn Michaels.

… Still silence … then a sudden rush of crowd noise …

‘But on this night, NO act goes unpunished…’

Shawn Michaels firing up, gritting his teeth.

‘The wrongs can be righted … the doubters can be silenced’

John Cena and Kurt Angle exchanging blows … Mister Kennedy and Christian locking eyes at the close of Raw on Monday.

‘Lines can be crossed … and the boundaries can be forgotten’

Flashing shots of high flying risks from Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy & Straight Edge.

‘For on this night … VENGEANCE … will be served’

Vengeance logo flashes across the screen.

WWE VENGEANCE | JUNE 17 | FORD CENTRE, OKLAHOMA
ON PAY PER VIEW

The Killers ‘Move Away’ plays over the PA now, as the graphics for Vengeance appear on the screen.

Jim Ross: On a personal level, I’ve never been more excited for a Pay Per View event Coach, but even if it wasn’t being held in my home state of Oklahoma, I’d be extremely excited for Vengeance this Sunday!!

The Coach: I don’t blame ya baby boy!! Vengeance is off the charts!! I don’t know who you blackmailed to get this thing held in Oklahoma, but that’s an issue for another time.

Jim Ross: It’s been long overdue, Coach. The first EVER Pay Per View in Oklahoma, but it’ll be worth the wait. Not one, not two, but THREE main events are set!! The first of those three?? A thirty minute, Ultimate Submission Match - only the second match of it’s kind in WWE history - between the Wrestling Machine, Kurt Angle, and the Chain Gang Soldier, John Cena!! Bad blood has been brewing for months between these two men.

The Coach: You can describe the hatred that runs between these two. Kurt Angle hates John Cena, and everything he stands for, whilst Cena hates the fact that Kurt Angle doesn’t look at him as a challenge. A lot of bragging rights up for grabs on Sunday.

Jim Ross: There’s nothing that will keep Cena and Angle from being at Vengeance, that’s for sure, but will the revelation of last month keep Mickie James from competing on Sunday?? The womens champion is scheduled to defend her Womens Title against Melina, but after a month of hiding, can Mickie find the will within herself to make a comeback?? Her job depends on it!!

The Coach: Doesn’t matter. If she doesn’t show, she’s history - but Beth Phoenix will still be on her trail. If she does show, she’ll keep her job, but she’ll still be losing her title. Cut and dry, old timer.

Jim Ross: All four titles on Raw will be defended this Sunday, but no champion is up against it more than Straight Edge. Greg Helms and CM Punk will have to deal with three challengers, and don’t even have to be involved in the decision to lose their titles!! Can the champions find a way to keep the gold??

The Coach: My money is on The Brotherhood, J.R. The British Lions have a weak link, Tomko and X-Pac only started tagging a few weeks ago. Right now, Straight Edge look vulnerable to me. This is the perfect time for my boys to strike.

Jim Ross: In the second of the three main events, Shawn Michaels faces the most daunting challenge of his twenty year career. A Last Man Standing match await’s the Heart Break Kid at Vengeance against the undefeated Mister Money in the Bank, Umaga.

The Coach: Shawn Michaels has done it all in the WWE. Last week, he did indeed put Umaga down, something many of us never thought was possible. But trust me, he WONT do it again this Sunday. Like I said, he’s done it all … except retire. That retirement will be enforced by Umaga at Vengeance.

Jim Ross: Over the last two months, Shawn Michaels has found himself on the end of Umagas wrath, and over the past month, Rey Mysterio has found himself in a similar situation, with Rhyno targeting Rey since his return. They meet at Vengeance in a good ‘ol fashioned grudge match.

The Coach: Oh yeah, I love the intensity of the Man Beast. He’s takin no prisoners, and Rey Mysterio could find himself in serious trouble on Sunday.

Jim Ross: The Intercontinental Championship is on the line at Vengeance. Two of the most exciting talents on Raw will lock horns, Shelton Benjamin and Matt Hardy, duking it out in what promises to be a potential classic.

The Coach: After the number King Benjamin put on Hardy tonight, this thing is no contest. Shelton to win this thing hands down!! This kids future is way beyond anything Matt Hardy can dream about. He’s gonna be the greatest Intercontinental Champ in history, he’s gonna be King of the Ring in less than two weeks … it’ll be a great summer for The Black Diamond.

Jim Ross: It’s a triple main event this Sunday, but THE main event is for the richest prize in the game. Christian defends his World Championship against a man that is proving to be a thorn in his side ever since becoming the Number One Contender, Mister Kennedy. Does Christian take the challenger seriously?? Does Kennedy belong in the upper echelon?? We’re gonna find out at Vengeance.

The Coach: Damn right we’re gonna find out!! We’re gonna crown a new World Heavyweight Champ in Okalhoma!! The moment Mister Kennedy has been waiting for his whole life … and it happens in Okalhoma?? That’s a shame if you ask me, but the important thing is; we’re crowning a NEW World Champion in six days time.

Jim Ross: That remains to be seen Coach. You seem to be VERY confident in your picks, but we both know that in this business, NOTHING is guaranteed. And on Pay Per View, ANYTHING can happen.

The Coach: Without a doubt, baby boy. Look at that line up. If you order one show this month, don’t take your girlfriend to the movies, don’t take your other girlfriend for dinner, order Vengeance NOW!! And if those women don’t understand, they aint worth it. Bottom line, you have GOT to order Vengeance people.

Jim Ross: Ever thought about being a relationship counsellor??

The Coach: Yeah … don’t get in them.

Jim Ross: Hard to disagree with you Coach.

**KENNEDY**

And suddenly, interrupting the proceedings of the commentary team is the #1 Contender, Mister Kennedy, looking VERY focused.

Jim Ross: He is a man on a mission, Coach. Mister Kennedy DESPERATELY wants that World Heavyweight Championship, and he is still seething after Christian attacked him last week. Our main event is still to come, folks, but I believe when we come back, Mister Kennedy has something he wants to say. We’ll be right back.

Commercial Break

We return to Raw with Mister Kennedy in the ring, mic in hand, hunched over the top rope, looking bored of the fans attitude.

Mister Kennedy: Roll the footage.

Kennedy points toward the titan tron…
~ LAST WEEK ~

Christian enters, and stands opposite to Kennedy, staring a hole through him, as Kennedy decides to make the first move…

Mister Kennedy: So I guess-

CHRISTIAN NAILS KENNEDY!!! Christian rocks Kennedy with the mic, slamming it into the face of the #1 Contender, and batters him into the corner, pounding him with rights and lefts, with Kennedy desperately trying to cover up, but it’s no good. Christian then attempts an Irish Whip to the opposite corner … but Kennedy reverses, sending the champion into the corner, then rushes in … but Christian swings out, onto the ropes, and Kennedy runs into the buckle, stumbling out, with Christian catching him with the seesaw kick!!

Kennedy staggers away, as Christian now sets himself on the middle buckle, waiting for Kennedy to turn around, and as soon as he does, Christian flies off, catching the #1 Contender with a reverse flying elbow. Kennedy struggles to pick himself off the canvas, reeling from the unsuspected attack, whilst Christian looks to really drive home a message, picking up the World title belt … AND NAILS KENNEDY WITH THE BELT!!!

‘OOOHS’ rumble around the arena, as Christian picks up the intensity, slamming the belt down, and now NOT waiting for Kennedy to get up, and DRAGGING the #1 contender to his feet … getting him into position … AND DROPS KENNEDY WITH THE UNPRETTIER!!!!!

The Champion places the belt over his shoulder, and mirroring the end of last weeks show, stands over his challenger…

Christian: Congratulations. You’ve got my attention.

Back live, Mister Kennedy remains stoic, looking up at the screen, with the fans cheering what they’ve just saw.

Mister Kennedy: Regardless of how much longer he has that belt, is that how a champion should conduct himself?? Huh??

Kennedy moves from the ropes, and slowly walks around the ring, looking to the audience as he speaks.

Mister Kennedy: What exactly was Christians motive for that unprovoked assault??

Heat.

Mister Kennedy: What did I do to deserve that?? I didn’t resort to those kind of tactics … I didn’t do anything to warrant that attack. All I’ve done to Christian … is outsmart him.

Kennedy grins, chewing on his gum, whilst the fans continue to give him heat.

Mister Kennedy: You people know I’m right. I’ve done everything by the book. I didn’t blindside Christian, I didn’t attack him backstage. The only time I put my hands on Christian was when we were in the same match. Three weeks ago, I got the better of him in the ring during our tag match, and left him laying. Two weeks ago, in Pick Your Poison, I overcame his pick; Shawn Michaels-

Pop for the mention of HBK.

Mister Kennedy: And then I took advantage of the rules; I didn’t break them, I merely took advantage. It was never stipulated that Pick Your Poison was to be strictly one on one. So why not stack the deck??

Kennedy shrugs.

Mister Kennedy: You’ll all agree that that was smart, surely??

The #1 Contender looks around for some kind of confirmation.

Mister Kennedy: Christian sure as hell agrees. As a matter of fact, he proved last week how much it’s gotten to him. He had no reason to attack me … except that I had embarrassed and humiliated him. And little ‘ol Ken Kennedy wasn’t supposed to do that, was he??

Smiling again, Kennedy continues.

Mister Kennedy: But I have. I hate to beat a dead horse, but Christian didn’t treat me as a threat. He thought he could just roll into Vengeance and coast through a nights work. Now?? Now, I’ve captured his attention. Why thank you, Christian. How kind of you to award me the bare minimum of your attention.

Kennedy scowls, clearly being sarcastic with his gratitude.

Mister Kennedy: And boy, did I get your attention Champ?? I mean, when was the last time you saw Christian in that kind of mood?? Huh?? Usually so calm, cool, collected. Normally so humorous and cocky … ha. He looked a little rattled last week, didn’t he?? Last week Christian, you simply showed me that I’ve got your head … and this day next week … I’ll have your belt.

Heat.

Mister Kennedy: I want you all to savour this-

**JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES**

And suddenly, the heat turns to cheers, as CHRISTIAN steps onto the stage, dressed for action, saluting the fans. The champion makes his way down the aisle, as Kennedy paces around the ring, keeping on guard, after last weeks attack.

Christian climbs onto the apron, and steps inside the ring, walking by Kennedy, and taking a mic from ringside, before turning his attention to the #1 Contender as his music dies down. Kennedy walks around the ring, keeping his focus on Christian, as he speaks.

Mister Kennedy: Soooo, what do I owe the pleasure?? You got something to say Christian?? Or are you waiting to go for another cheap shot??

Christian grins, clapping the line from Kennedy.

Christian: Relax Kennedy, I’ll have plenty of time later to give you a beating. Right now, I just wanted to come out here and deliver a few home truths.

Kennedy feigns excitement.

Christian: First of all, I think it’s time to quit the “not being taken seriously” spiel. I’m sick of hearing it, and I’m pretty sure my peeps are fed up with it too.

Cheap pop from ‘The Peeps’, as Christian nods.

Christian: Besides, if you really want to be taken seriously, how about you stop with your lame Michael Buffer routine.

Pop from the fans.

Christian: And while you’re at it, how about you stop stuttering your name?? KENNEDY, Kennedy … K- K- KENNEDY!!

Another pop. Kennedy looks nonplussed, whilst Christian gets serious.

Christian: Look, it’s as simple as this; I’m not looking past Vengeance. And if you STILL think I am … and you’re counting on it as your chance to just swoop in and steal the World Heavyweight Title from me?? You better rethink your game plan, friend.

Christian nods, and gives Kennedy a chance to speak, with Kennedy walking forward.

Mister Kennedy: Don’t call me friend. I’m not your friend.

Christian raises his eye brows, and smirks.

Mister Kennedy: Did I say something funny?? Laugh all you want, Champ, we’ll see who laughs on Sunday. I really don’t care if I’m running the same point into the ground. As far as I’m concerned, you’ve not given me the respect I deserve. I still don’t believe you’re viewing me as a serious threat.

Christian rolls his eyes at the accusation.

Mister Kennedy: By the time you do … it’ll be too late. You’ll finally take me seriously, and view me as your equal … when that title belt is around my waist.

Boos from the fans.

Mister Kennedy: But that’s Sunday, isn’t it??

Now, Kennedy smirks again, chewing on his gum, looking by Christian, and up the aisle …

AS UMAGA, JOINED BY ARMANDO ESTRADA ENTERS THE STAGE!!!

The fans boo, as Christian nods, realising what is about to happen.

Mister Kennedy: Y’see Christian, I didn’t take kindly to that attack last week. I didn’t assault you before then, I didn’t sneak up and attack you. After you crossed that line last week, my feeling is … all bets are off. And my tag team partner tonight … well, it turns out he’s not a fan of yours.

Umaga paces down the aisle, with a 2 on 1 attack seemingly on the horizon … UNTIL SHAWN MICHAELS RACES OUT, AND LAUNCHES AT UMAGA FROM BEHIND!!!

Umaga tumbles, and falls over, with HBK instantly on him, whilst in the ring, Christian and Kennedy now trade blows, with the 2 on 1 attack not panning out as Kennedy had envisioned. The battle continues, in and out of the ring for a few seconds, until…

**MY TIME IS NOW**

The fans rise for the music of John Cena, with the leader of the Cenation stepping onto the stage, surveying the carnage … BEFORE BEING ATTACKED FROM BEHIND BY KURT ANGLE!!!

Angle clubs Cena from behind, with Cena going down, and tumbling down the aisle, whilst we see HBK ramming Umaga into the steel ring post, and in the ring, Christian hammers Kennedy in the corner. Angle stands over Cena, pounding the head of his hated foe, but Cena battles back, shoving Kurt off, and fighting to his feet.

Cena and Angle fight tooth and nail at ringside, toppling over the barrier, and continuing their fight in the crowd. In the ring, Kennedy battles back against Christian, tackling the Champion down, and trading blows on the canvas, whilst outside the ring, HBK gets creamed by Umaga, and knocked down.

Now, we see Eric Bischoff on the stage, signalling behind the curtain, as referees and agents spill out, and run down the aisle, as Bischoff looks to restore order ahead of the main event.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, it has broken down here in Charlotte!! The Triple Main Event this Sunday at Vengeance has exploded!!! We’re supposed to be having a main event here tonight!!!

The Coach: How they hell is anyone gonna get this to stop???

Jim Ross: We’re about to find out, Coach. We are going to go to a commercial here, and when we return, we hope order can be restored, and we can have our main event!! THIS IS CARNAGE HERE!!!

Commercial Break

Main Event | Triple Threat Tag Team Match:
Christian & John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels & Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Kennedy & Umaga
Joined in progress, with order finally restored. Michaels and Kennedy are the legal men, with HBK going to work with chops in the corner, but as he attempts an Irish whip, Kennedy reverses, sending Michaels across, but HBK leaps up, pushing off the top turnbuckle, and vaulting over Kennedy, then SLAPS the taste right out of the #1 Contenders mouth, before delivering the inverted atomic drop. HBK delivers a whip, but it’s Kennedy that strikes on the return, dropping Michaels with a clothesline, before interestingly making a tag to John Cena.

Cena slowly enters, as Kennedy points to HBK whilst stepping out, telling Cena to get to work. Cena glares at Kennedy for a moment, but does his job, shoving HBK into the corner, and delivers a shower of rights and lefts to the body of his opponent, then shoots HBK off the ropes, knocking him down with a reverse elbow. Just as he drags Shawn back up, Cenas attention is diverted by Michaels partner -Cenas Vengeance opponent- Angle, with Kurt challenging Cena to allow HBK to make a tag and face him right now. Cena momentarily looks set to accept … but before he can allow the tag … MICHAELS SURPRISES HIM WITH A SIDE SUPLEX, making the cover, 1...2...NO!!!

Both men slowly rise back to their feet, with HBK shooting off the ropes, ducking under Cena, then comes back again, and SCORES with a flying forearm!! Cena stays down this time, as HBK gets to his feet, with Angle now DEMANDING a tag from his partner. Michaels takes exception to the demands, not liking Kurts attitude toward him, and the two share a few words … whilst UMAGA makes a blind tag from Cena as the former World Champion reaches his feet!!

Suddenly, Angle isn’t so keen on tagging in, with HBK still unaware of the tag, and offers Angle in the match, looking puzzled as to why Kurt now doesn’t want the tag, and turns around … realising why!! The fans come alive, as one of the three main events this Sunday now share the ring, and HBK doesn’t back up an inch, challenging his mammoth opponent to bring it on, and Umaga accepts, coming after HBK, and the two meet in the middle of the ring!!! Valiantly, Michaels gives his all, but his punches just don’t have an effect on Umaga, and nor do his chops, with Umaga shoving him away, THEN DRILLING an oncoming HBK with the rolling leg kick!!!

HBK tumbles away, rolling to the corner, with Umaga following in, stomping the hell out of The Showstopper. Umaga drags Shawn up, with Michaels fighting back, again, to no avail, as Umaga shoots him off the ropes … but this time, Michaels hangs onto the ropes instead of coming back, forcing Umaga to come after him, and as he does, HBK ducks under, and runs off the ropes, launching himself at the big man … BUT GETS CAUGHT … AND DRILLED HARD WITH A SWINGING POWERSLAM!!!!! The cover is made, 1...2...NO!!! Michaels gets a shoulder up, much to the delight of the fans. Umaga though wastes no time, and sends HBK into the corner … where Christian tags in off the back of The Showstopper. Umaga though still piles in, AND CRUSHES Michaels in the corner!!

Christian now steps into the ring, getting a pop from the fans, and stands in the face of the undefeated Mister Money in the Bank, as we see Kennedy damn near climbing over the ropes, YELLING at Umaga, with Estrada also joining in, looking for the Bulldozer to tag out. Kennedy continues to lean in over the top, desperate for the tag … AS CHRISTIAN TAKES A CHEAP SHOT AT KENNEDY WITH A SLAP, KNOCKING KENNEDY OFF THE ROPES!!!

The fans pop for the slap, as Kennedy stumbles to stay vertical on the apron, with Christian turning his attention back to Umaga, as the Samoan Bulldozer is called off by Estrada, and Kurt Angle is fed up with the stalling … tagging in off Umaga, and getting into the ring, making a beeline for Christian, and delivers a right hand, kick starting proceedings, with Christian firing back, but gets caught with a big knee to the gut, followed by a strong forearm uppercut, sending the champion reeling into the corner … where Mister Kennedy makes the most of a distraction from Angle, and hammers Christian, getting revenge for the cheap shot.

Angle then moves back in, stomping Christian, hauling him up … AND DELIVERS A BELLY TO BELLY!!! Angle has Christian at his mercy, but decides not to go to work … instead, dragging the champion back up, and chucks him to his own corner, DEMANDING that Cena tag himself in!! The fans cheer, as Angle crouches down, ordering that Cena tag in, with Cena obliging, to a massive pop. Cena steps inside … AND IS MET INSTANTLY BY ANGLE!!! Angle shoots right in on Cena, not giving him a moment to set, taking him down and looking to school Cena … but Cena slips free, and makes it to his feet … ROCKING Angle with a right hand, and charges him into the corner, letting fly on the Olympian!! Eventually, the referee steps in, looking for a break, and as Cena backs off - Angle cheap shots his hated foe!!

Cena doubles over, as Angle shoots behind, firing off a German suplex, and attempts a second, but Cena blocks, then surprises Angle with a snap mare, before knocking Angle down as soon as he pops up with a clothesline. Cena runs off the ropes, and launches at Kurt with a flying shoulder block, putting Angle back on the canvas, much to the delight of the vocal majority of fans. Cena is all revved up now, and drags Angle back up, looking for a Blue Thunder bomb, but Angle shoves his enemy away, and quickly tags Kennedy in, not wanting anymore of a fired up Cena at this point, immediately stepping out of the ring, much to the chagrin of Cena, and the fans, who boo Kurt for backing out of the fight.

{/OVERRUN}

Kennedy tentatively steps inside, as we watch a frustrated Angle walk around ringside, talking to himself. Cena turns his focus to Kennedy, but not for long, as Christian makes a call to his partner, wanting a piece of Kennedy. Cena looks up, and out of the ring to the fans, looking to gage a response - and gets a positive one - with the fans wanting to see Christian and Kennedy lock horns ahead of Vengeance. Cena turns, and looks to Christian, sharing a few words with the champion initially, then offers his hand, with Captain Charisma making the tag to a big pop.
Kennedy looks ready for it, hopping up and down, looking excited. Christian nods in agreement, as they meet in the middle of the ring, and the fans excitement grows with the Vengeance main event face to face. Both men talk trash to the other … BEFORE GOING AT IT - TOOTH AND NAIL!!! Christian and Kennedy trade punches in the middle of the ring, with Christian getting the better of the exchange, shooting Kennedy off the ropes, ducking down, with Kennedy coming back, kicking Christian, forcing the champion to reel away. Kennedy stays on him, pounding the back, before delivering an Irish Whip to the corner, charging in … BUT CHRISTIAN HITS HIM WITH THE SEESAW KICK!!!

The Champion follows up, delivering the reverse DDT to Kennedy, making a cover, 1...2...NO!!! Christian pulls Kennedy back up, softening him up with blows, and sends the 2006 King of the Ring off the ropes again, and hit’s a big back body drop, putting the #1 Contender on his back again. Kennedy struggles to his feet in the corner, as Christian looks to follow in … BUT KENNEDY BLASTS OUT OF THE CORNER WITH A CLOTHESLINE!!! Kennedy knocks Christian down, and puts the boots to the champion, choking him in the corner with his boot, before backing off … then follows up with THE FACEWASH!!! Kennedy drags Christian into the middle of the ring … 1...2...NO!!!

Kennedy continues to put the hurting on Christian, but as he attempts the Mic Check, Christian starts to fight back, wriggling free, beating off Kennedy with right hands, then runs off the ropes, ducking under a wild clothesline attempt … AND BOUNCES BACK WITH A FLYING BODY SPLASH!!! Both men are down, and both crawl around the canvas, each looking to make a tag … Christian nearing the corner of HBK & Angle … Kennedy nearing the corner of Cena & Christian (meaning any tag he makes to Cena whilst Christian is legal will be null and void) … AND CHRISTIAN MAKES A TAG TO MICHAELS!!!

Michaels gets inside, with Kennedy still the legal man … BUT UMAGA DOESN’T WAIT FOR A TAG AND ENTERS THE RING … RUNNING THROUGH HBK LIKE A STEAM TRAIN!!! And suddenly, hell breaks loose!!! Cena tags the back of Kennedy, and enters, CHARGING INTO UMAGA!!! Cena opens up on Umaga in the corner … UNTIL KURT ANGLE TAKES HIM FROM BEHIND … AND DELIVERS THE ANGLE SLAM!!!!!

Angle scores on Cena … THEN CATCHES AN ONCOMING UMAGA … BELLY TO BELLY!!! The most almighty Belly to Belly CONNECTS!!! The fans are on their feet, as the Olympian roars to the skies, letting out all his aggression … until faced with Shawn Michaels. The partner of Angle tonight reaches his feet, and takes exception for Kurt attacking Cena from behind - after Cena saved Michaels - and the two begin to argue in the middle of the ring. Meanwhile, on the outside, Kennedy and Christian are at it again, trading blows back and forth … but in the ring, Angle has had enough of Michaels and SHOVES Shawn, with Michaels coming back instantly … SWEET CHIN MUSIC … MISSES!!! Angle ducks under, then looks for the ANGLE SLAM … BUT HBK LANDS ON HIS FEET … Angle spins around … SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!!

Shawn Michaels NAILS his own partner with SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!! The fans are on their feet, as Michaels stands over his partner, looking at the fans … THEN DELIVERS SWEET CHIN MUSIC TO UMAGA!!! Michaels DROPS Umaga, and makes a cover, with the referee seemingly lost as to who is legal … AND MAKES THE COUNT … 1...2...KICK OUT!!! UMAGA KICKS OUT!!! Sweet Chin Music fails to put Umaga down for three, and the fans aren’t happy. As HBK gets back up in the ring, we see Armando Estrada and Kennedy standing over Christian, having doubled up to take the champion out of commission. In the ring, MICHAELS TUNES UP THE BAND!!!

The Showstopper stamps his feet, waiting for Umaga to get back to his feet, looking for the killer blow … BUT KENNEDY TRIPS HIS FEET FROM THE OUTSIDE … AND DRAGS HBK - CROTCH FIRST - INTO THE POST!!! Michaels is out of the equation for now, as Kennedy rolls back inside, and targets Angle, stomping the Olympian, whilst shouting to Umaga, wanting his partner to help, and the slightly groggy Umaga obliges - after a nod from Estrada - and Angle finds himself on the end of a two on one attack. Kennedy sends Kurt into the corner, then gives Umaga the go ahead … TO DELIVER THE RUNNING BUTT SPLASH!!! Angle crumbles in the corner, as Kennedy quickly moves back in, dragging the Olympian up, looking to continue the punishment … BUT CENA - Angles rival - SAVES KURT!!!

Cena spins Kennedy around, knocking the #1 Contender down with a right hand, then thinks quick as Umaga closes in with a run, dropping the top rope, and allowing the Samoan Bulldozers momentum to carry him through, and out of the ring!!! Cena then has to duck a punch from Kennedy, AND HOISTS HIM UP FOR THE FU … BUT KURT ANGLE COMES FROM BEHIND … AND ANGLE SLAMS CENA FOR THE SECOND TIME!!! Angle shows no gratitude for Cena saving him from a beat down, and smirks as he gets up, motioning to Kennedy that ‘he’s all yours’, as Kennedy drops down … AND APPLIES THE KROSSFACE!!!

Shawn Michaels is back on his feet, but Angle - supposedly his tag team partner - puts the Showstopper back down with a Belly to Belly, as Kennedy cranks back on Cena with his Krossface. Christian now attempts to re-enter the ring, but he is stomped on entry by Angle, before Umaga drags the champion back outside … CHUCKING Christian through the steel steps!!! In the ring, Cena is helpless … in the middle of the ring, with no one able to come to his rescue, as Angle drops down, trash talking the fading Cena … telling him to tap, to quit … BUT CENA REFUSES!!! Cena pushes up, spurred on by the trash talking … but his effort to make the ropes is futile … with Angle putting the boots to the defenceless face of the trapped Cena, making sure he stays down … and fades … fades … and passes out.
Winners: Mister Kennedy & Umaga @ 13:21

Kennedy rides into Vengeance on a HUGE wave of momentum, releasing the hold, and raising his arms in victory, whilst Angle continues to trash talk Cena, grabbing his bitter rivals face, telling him he WILL quit on Sunday.

Umaga and Estrada now join Kennedy in the ring, as Angle gets back up, grabbing the attention of Kennedy. The two stand face to face, with Angle seemingly talking about the 2 on 1 attack earlier on him, as if to tell the #1 Contender he hasn’t forgotten it, before shooting a stare at Estrada, as he exit’s the ring, walking up the aisle.

As Angle walks up the aisle, we see Umaga dragging the defenceless HBK back to his feet, roaring at him in his tribal tongue … BEFORE DELIVERING THE SAMOAN SPIKE!!! Umaga delivers a final message to Michaels ahead of Last Man Standing on Sunday, and stands over his broken body with a smiling AAE. Meanwhile, Kennedy sees Christian trying to regroup on the outside - and a smirk emerges - with Kennedy having an idea. The #1 Contender quickly slips out of the ring, and throws Christian back inside, before grabbing the World Championship belt, and re-enters the ring himself.

Licking his lips, Kennedy looks to pick his spot … sizing Christian up … AND NAILS THE CHAMPION WITH THE TITLE BELT!!! The fans shower the ring with white hot heat, as Kennedy leans over the ropes, laughing heartily at his actions, clutching onto the title belt. The #1 Contender soon turns his attention back to the ring, and stands over Christian, slowly raising the title belt in the air, yelling “THAT‘S HOW I ROLL”.

Jim Ross: Mister Kennedy has made a stunning statement tonight. He has shown no mercy to Christian!! Look at the carnage!!! Shawn Michaels is down … John Cena is down … and the Champion of the World is down.

The Coach: Expect to see it on Sunday, J.R. Shawn Michaels is going down, John Cena is tapping out, and Christian is leaving empty handed. It’s time for a change, and Mister Kennedy is the face of that change!!

Jim Ross: Tonight, we have seen statements made across the board!! Rhyno attacking Rey Mysterio, The Brotherhood leaving Matt Hardy and Straight Edge laying, the divas pleading with Mickie James to return … and now, we’ve seen Kurt Angle, Umaga and Mister Kennedy leave their opponents this Sunday laying!! What kind of VENGEANCE will be in store for these men and women on Sunday??

The show comes to a close with Kennedy and Umaga both standing tall in the ring … a sign of things to come at Vengeance??

END OF SHOW

------------

Official Card for WWE Vengeance:
Date: 17th June 2007
Event Music: The Killers, Move Away

---TRIPLE MAIN EVENT---

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Christian vs. Mister Kennedy

30 Minute Ultimate Submission Match:
John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

Last Man Standing Match:
Shawn Michaels vs. Umaga w/Armando Estrada

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match:
Shelton Benjamin w/Theodore Long vs. Matt Hardy

World Tag Team Championships | Fatal Four Way Match:
Straight Edge vs. The British Lions vs. The Brotherhood vs. X-Pac & Tyson Tomko

WWE Womens Championship Match;
If Mickie James no-shows, she is stripped of the Womens title and instantly fired.
Mickie James vs. Melina

One on One:
Rhyno vs. Rey Mysterio

NO PREDICTIONS YET PLEASE!!