Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#1,093 ·
Right, I've kind of a painted myself into a corner here with a future storyline I'm running.

I have a heel who I want to be dominant and basically rule over the face. However, the face's ally is set to turn on him at an event near in the future. The story is that the face's ally is being controlled by the heel but when the two allies face each other, I want them to not be able to find it in themselves to defeat the other. This will lead to a 2 on 3 tag team match for the face ally's freedom between the two face allies and the hell and his 2 cronies.

The end result works out that the ally wins back his freedom. However, I don't want to let the heel to look weak by jobbing, particularly because the rest of the storyline will revolve around the face trying to get the duke over the heel, but if he's already been defeated by the face before, it kind of ruins the whole thing.

So does anyone have any ways of letting the face team win cleanly while making sure that the heel team look dominant? Usually it would be simple to just let the heel henchmen take the pin, but I still think it would spoil the momentum to have this undefeatable heel being defeated without being in the pin.

#1,094 ·
Have a debut from a new guy to interfere and join the faces to fight off the heels?

Have one of the heels break away? Or have an authority figure screw them over ever so slightly?

In the match, have a stipulation that benefits the faces, for example if it was The Hardy Boyz (as an example) have the match a ladder match, so at least then the heels could say "we weren't expected to win" ya ya ya, and could set up a future rematch.

#1,118 ·
Working on finishing my 2nd show for my Ring of Beauty BTB. I've been so out of it due to moving across the US (From California to Ohio), that I'm still getting used to the time difference and adjusting my sleeping habits accordingly. Hey, on the bright side, I can at least go and see both ROH and CHIKARA without breaking the bank, so that's always a plus. 8*D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.