Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #765 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
CM GOAT aka DR. PHIL

Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187 Jack Evans 187
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH 9th Anniversary Show

Davey Richards vs. Colt Cabana - ***1/2

Four Corner Survival
Steve Corino vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Grizzly Redwood - **
Still haven't seen much in Bennett, but O'Reilly has star potential.

Michael Elgin vs. El Generico - **3/4
Solid showing from Elgin, made him look like a beast.

ROH World Championship - Barrio Street Fight
Roderick Strong(c) vs. Homicide - **1/4
Wasn't really feelin this. I had no problem with them putting the match in early, but it didn't deliver as I hoped it would. Just felt like a long brawl with one decent spot and the way Strong won didn't make him look like much of a credible champion. He really needs to take some acting lessons or something too, I think his promos are just getting worse.

Sara Del Ray vs. MsChif - *1/2

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Kings of Wrestling(c) vs. The All Night Express - ***3/4
Great match that was ended too early with an odd looking finish for sure. ANX really stepped their game up though, King hit a Brock Lesnar looking shooting star press.

ROH World Television Championship - 2 out of 3 Falls
Christopher Daniels(c) vs. Eddie Edwards - ****1/2
This was just downright brilliant. Fantastic wrestling, awesome spots, and great storytelling. Right up there with the ironman matches AJ and Daniels had in TNA several years back. A must see and easily my current MOTY.

The Briscoes vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin - ***1/2
Great way to the end the show. WGTT get another shot at the Kings on April 1st.

Overall: 8/10
Very enjoyable show. The World Title match was a bit of a letdown for me but just about everything else delivered.

Last edited by Jack Evans 187 : 04-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.