Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB is an after thoughtGCB is an after thought
Default Re: GCB's WWE

Thanks to all that voted: glad to know I have so many people following. I have used your votes to complete accuracy – there was one that I was going to ‘fiddle’ with but it would have been part of the storyline if I had had to – and I had plans for all outcomes. I hope you all enjoy. Please comment/review with your opinions. GCB

A man is seen typing at a computer ... The sounds from his computer are great phrases from the WWE’s history ...

‘Welcome everyone ... to WrestleMania!’

‘Yes, he’s done it ... He’s a national hero now!’

‘The boyhood dream has come true for Shawn Michaels!’

‘Tyson! Tyson! Right hand! Right hand!’

‘If ya smellllllll ... what the Rock ... is cookin’

‘Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!’

‘You do not pee in the commissioner’s tea!’

‘Who in the blue hell are you?’

TONIGHT IS YOUR NIGHT!

TONIGHT, YOU CONTROL THE WWE!

TONIGHT, YOU MAKE ALL THE RULES!

TONIGHT ...

IS ...

CYBER SUNDAY!

‘Because I’m the Miz ... and I’m aaaaaawwwwweeeeesssssssoooommmmmmmeee!!!’

‘Rest ... in ... Peace’

‘The champ is here!’

PRESENTS ...

CYBER SUNDAY

Live from Madison Square Garden, New York City

*** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO ***

The cameras pan around the Garden as Michael Cole and the broadcast team introduce tonight’s PPV at the announce table.

MICHAEL COLE
Welcome everyone to the world famous Madison Square Garden where the WWE returns tonight with the Cyber Sunday extravaganza! I’m Michael Cole at ringside alongside my RAW broadcast colleague, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler and from SMACKDOWN, Matt Striker!

MATT STRIKER
Tonight is the night when you, the WWE Universe, get to make the decisions and decide on potential matches, potential champions and potential stipulations from the comfort of your own living room!

JERRY LAWLER
And Cole, what a night this is going to be! The RAW General Manager, your buddy, will reveal himself tonight. Do you know who he is, Cole? Do ya?

MICHAEL COLE
I’ve got no idea, King! But I do know that Randy Orton will be defending the WWE Championship tonight – but will it be against Wade Barrett or will John Cena also be voted into the match in a Triple Threat?

JERRY LAWLER
You’ve got to imagine that the WWE Universe will want John Cena in that match! And if John Cena is in the match, my money is on him to be the WWE Champion by the end of the night!

MICHAEL COLE
And on the SMACKDOWN side of things, Kane and the Undertaker will meet for the first time since Night of Champions with the World Heavyweight Championship on the line!

MATT STRIKER
The two most dominant superstars on SMACKDOWN clash with the World Title on the line and Undertaker has the advantage after his win over Jack Swagger last Friday earned him the right to choose the potential match types!

MICHAEL COLE
The Undertaker chose three hellacious matches for the WWE Universe to vote on: Hell in a Cell, a Casket Match or Buried Alive!

MATT STRIKER
The new WWE owner, Chip Butty, has yet to see a title change hands here in the WWE but he believes that the Undertaker in particular will make sure he sees one this evening!

MICHAEL COLE
That could be true but there are other titles on the line tonight before that. To vote for any of the matches tonight, go to WWE.com and register your vote as soon as possible ...

*** AWESOME – I CAME TO PLAY ***

MICHAEL COLE
... and what an ‘awesome’ way to kick off the show!

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is set for one fall. Introducing first, from Cleveland, Ohio, weighing 231 pounds ... THE MIZ!

The Miz strides confidently out with the Money in the Bank briefcase in his hands and his faithful apprentice, Alex Riley, following behind. He holds the briefcase up high above his head before clutching it to his chest as he strides to the ring – a symbolisation of how much it means to Miz and how worried he really is about potentially defending it. As Miz gets in the ring, he is handed a microphone and we will start with the Miz doing what he does best and cutting a promo ...

THE MIZ
Madison Square Garden. How fitting is this?

A small pop for the mention of the Garden but jeers for the cocky superstar ...

THE MIZ
The most must-see superstar in the WWE today, the future WWE Champion, the man that you all paid to see tonight ...

Miz looks round with a smirk on his face without a flicker of emotion as the jeers ring around the arena. He chuckles and shakes his head before continuing ...

THE MIZ
Here I am, opening the show. Tonight, I finally show that no-good nerd, Daniel Bryan, what I told him way back on NXT Season 1 all those months ago. I am simply the better man.

Alex Riley applauds like a trained seal as the crowd continue to jeer and boo the Money in the Bank holder.

THE MIZ
And when I have successfully defeated Daniel Bryan ... whatever you people decide I have to face him for ... I will head backstage and put my feet up. I will sit down and watch the rest of the PPV with interest. Who knows? Maybe the Miz will be out here to end the show tonight as well?

A chant of ‘Miz is awful’ starts up and echoes around the Garden as Miz smirks and laughs with Riley. He turns to face the camera and sets himself for his big finale ...

THE MIZ
You people can boo me and chant at me all you want but you all know it, the rest of the WWE knows it, Daniel Bryan knows it, Randy Orton knows it, John Cena knows it and Wade Barrett knows it. They all know that I can decide when and where I will become the WWE Champion ... because I’m the Miz ... and I’m ... AWWWWEEEESSSSOOOMMMMEEE!!!

*** RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
His opponent ... from Aberdeen, Washington weighing 192 pounds ... He is the United States Champion ...DANIEL BRYAN!

The US Champion bounds down to the ring high-fiving the WWE Universe as he makes his way down the aisle. He leaps over the ropes into the ring and fixes Miz with a stare before climbing to the middle buckle to acknowledge the cheers of the fans.

MICHAEL COLE
Right, so now we’re going to head over to Josh Matthews and Eve Torres up on the stage where we will find out how the WWE Universe voted. Will Miz and this nerd, Bryan, fight for the US Championship, the Money in the Bank contract or the right to be the guest GM of RAW for one night before the end of 2010 ... ?

JOSH MATTHEWS
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Please welcome my guest here on stage ... the beautiful Eve Torres!

Eve waves at the crowd dressed in a slinky dress that shows off her figure. There are many wolf-whistles as she smiles and begins to address the WWE Universe ...

EVE TORRES
To vote, you need to visit WWE.com but the voting for the first match is now closed!

JOSH MATTHEWS
The Miz will face Daniel Bryan here in our opening encounter but will it be for the US Championship, the Money in the Bank contract or a night as the guest GM of RAW? Let’s find out ...

The titantron flashes and beeps before the percentages are shown and the WWE Universe’s first voting result of the night is displayed ...

EVE TORRES
58% of you have voted for the Miz to defend his Money in the Bank contract!

There are loud cheers around the Garden as the Miz looks a little worried for a moment. Daniel Bryan smiles widely and turns to face the Miz with a marvellous opportunity to steal the Miz’ prized contract and win himself the right to challenge the WWE Champion at any time, any place before WrestleMania! The referee shoos Alex Riley out of the ring and takes Miz’ briefcase from him and holds it high for the WWE Universe to see the prize in this match ...

MICHAEL COLE
What an outrage! What an injustice this is! Why have the WWE Universe voted to force Miz to defend his briefcase? What makes them think that this nerd deserves the chance to challenge the WWE Champion?

JERRY LAWLER
Oh, shut up, Cole! If the Miz is as good as you claim he is, he’ll have no problems defending the contract will he? However, I’m not sure he will be able to. Daniel Bryan has been mightily impressive recently and he won the US Championship from Miz at Night of Champions!

MICHAEL COLE
This is a travesty, King. The Miz does not deserve this ...

DANIEL BRYAN vs. THE MIZ (w/Alex Riley)
(For the Miz’ “Money in the Bank” contract)

The referee rings the bell and the match is underway with Daniel Bryan eager to get started, the Miz cautiously circling the ring and eying up Bryan and Alex Riley continuing to impersonate a seal as he gets behind his mentor, the Miz. Miz and Bryan lock up and Bryan immediately looks to take down Miz and take the match down to the mat. Bryan uses a Fireman’s Carry to flip Miz over but he quickly rolls out of the ring to get away from the US Champion and is consoled by Riley to the jeers of the crowd. The referee orders Miz into the ring but Miz waves him away and is heard to say ‘So disqualify me then!’ as he stands with Riley. The referee heads over to the corner and speaks to the timekeeper before an announcement is made.

JUSTIN ROBERTS
I have just been informed by WWE Official, Chad Patton, that if the Miz loses this match via disqualification or countout, Daniel Bryan will be awarded the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract!

The Miz looks furious and enters the ring to complain to the official. In the end, Daniel Bryan decides that he has waited long enough and hooks the Miz around the stomach and lifts him up and over into a German Suplex to the delight of the crowd. Bryan goes for the first pin of the night ... 1 ... 2 ... Miz kicks out. With the Miz stunned by the suplex, Bryan takes control with European uppercuts and flying elbow smashes that send the Miz staggering into the corner. Bryan rushes Miz in the corner and hits a big boot to the Miz’ face and the Miz staggers forward and down on his front. Bryan hooks in the excruciating surfboard and rolls it over to lift the Miz into the air clearly in pain. The referee immediately asks Miz if he gives up but Miz shakes his head and the referee spots Bryan’s shoulders down on the mat. He counts 1 ... 2 ... but Bryan lifts the shoulder. Alex Riley is stood at the side of the ring jumping up and down and pleading with the Miz to hang on. With the surfboard still locked in, Miz begins to scream out and the crowd begin to sense that the Miz may tap out. The referee runs round to the other side of Bryan and with his back turned for a split second, Alex Riley hits a sucker punch to the face of Daniel Bryan that forces him to release Miz from the hold.

JERRY LAWLER
Wait a minute! What was that?

MICHAEL COLE
That was Alex Riley doing the right thing, King, saving his mentor. What a fantastic move from A-Ri!

JERRY LAWLER
That is the most stupid thing I’ve heard you say recently, Cole. It was blatant cheating and you know it ...

MICHAEL COLE
Did it work? Did Daniel Bryan break the hold?

JERRY LAWLER
It was a cheap way out if you ask me. Bryan had Miz beaten in two minutes there!

A shaken Miz gets to his feet at the same time as Bryan and the pair begin to swing at each other. Again, Daniel Bryan gets the better of the exchange when he grounds Miz with several kicks to the thigh and a chop-block. A frustrated Miz pounds the mat in anger as he finds refuge in the ropes whilst Daniel Bryan jumps on the spot whilst smirking at the Miz. The crowd show their appreciation and a ‘Daniel Bryan’ chant begins to the Miz’ annoyance. With Miz on his knees, Bryan advances towards him and the Miz grabs the front of his trunks pulling him headfirst down into the buckle. Miz quickly gets to his feet and starts to hit forearm smashes to the back and shoulders of Bryan whilst the Garden fans jeer but Miz continues until the referee is forced to intervene. A furious Miz backs off at last but the damage has been done. With Bryan out of the corner, Miz sets to work and launches into several clotheslines before going for his first pin of the match ... 1 ... 2 ... Bryan kicks out! However, the US Champion now receives further punishment as Miz locks in a Camel Clutch in the centre of the ring. Bryan immediately grasps out for the ropes but he is several feet away and the Miz pulls back. Bryan tries to fight but Miz has the move locked in well and Bryan’s only chance is to slither his way to the ropes. He begins to move but Miz pulls back to hold him back. However, Bryan starts to inch closer and closer to the ropes with the referee constantly waiting to signal for the bell. As Bryan gets close to the ropes, Alex Riley slyly pulls the rope back out of Bryan’s reach out of the referee’s eye. With Bryan fading and Miz yelling at him to ‘Tap out!’ the referee finally notices Riley’s interference and breaks the hold. Miz looks in shock but the referee forces him off Bryan. He then orders Riley to leave the ringside area and the Madison Square Garden crowd go wild with delight as they wave Riley on his way ...

MICHAEL COLE
What? Chad Patton, you cannot be serious! You cannot eject A-Ri from the match!

MATT STRIKER
I think you’ll find that he can, Michael ... and he has!

JERRY LAWLER
Haha! Goodbye, Alex Riley!

MICHAEL COLE
This is an outrage, King, this is a stacked deck against the must-see superstar of the WWE, the face of the WWE. Does Chad Patton realise who he is messing with here? The Miz is the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract holder!

JERRY LAWLER
Oh, quit with the whining, Cole, this is great!

Miz complains vehemently about the dismissal of Riley and this allows Bryan to recover behind him. Suddenly, the US Champion rolls Miz into a pinfall from behind ... 1 ... 2 ... Miz just manages to kick out at the last moment! Miz gets to his feet quickly and swings at Bryan who ducks and hits a kick to the mid-section before hitting a Snap Suplex to leave Miz on his back. Another pin from Bryan ... 1 ... 2 ... Another kick out from Miz! Miz rolls out of the ring and stands beside the barricades – thinking he is safely out of Bryan’s reach. However, Bryan hits the opposite ropes before diving out of the ring headfirst and colliding with the Miz and driving him back first into the barricade with a thud. Bryan jumps straight back up and holds his hand up high to take in the cheers of the crowd. He rolls back into the ring and the referee begins to count Miz out ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ...

MICHAEL COLE
I’d better go check on him ...

JERRY LAWLER
Wait a minute, Cole, you just wait ...

Michael Cole places his headset down and rushes round to the injured Miz at ringside despite the protestations of the referee. Cole ignores him and consoles the Miz as the referee continues the count. ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... Cole pleads with the Miz to get back into the ring and the Miz realises what is about to happen. He staggers to the ring ... ... 9 ... With a shove from Michael Cole, the Miz slides under the bottom rope and back into the match. The referee again demands that Cole leaves but the announcer ignores him and makes his way back to the announce table where an angry Jerry Lawler is waiting ...

JERRY LAWLER
What are you doing, Cole? Sit yourself back down here!

MICHAEL COLE
Somebody had to do something about the corrupt official. He’s changed the rules of the match, ejected Alex Riley ... it’s a conspiracy against the Miz!

JERRY LAWLER
The referee should have disqualified Miz right there for outside interference!

With Cole sat back down now, Daniel Bryan protests to the referee about Michael Cole before resuming his offence against the Miz. He smashes the Miz in the back several times before attempting to lock in the LeBell lock ... However, Miz manages to fight out of Bryan’s reach and hits a kick to the side of his face to create some distance between the two. As he recovers, the Miz is castigated by the official but he couldn’t care less right now. Miz gets to his feet first and runs towards Bryan in the corner with a jumping clothesline than ends with Miz’ feet through the ropes. A cocky smirk reappears on his face as he regains control and picks up a wounded Bryan. He uses his patented facelock backbreaker into a neckbreaker to devastating effect and it seems as if the last chance for Bryan is passing him by. Miz is ready to pounce for his finish, the Skull Crushing Finale ... Bryan gets to his feet and Miz looks to lock him in position. However, Bryan fights out with well placed elbows and a dropkick sends Miz crashing into the referee who takes a blow to the face and falls to the mat.

With the crowd sensing that something is bound to happen now, the excitement builds ... and sure enough, Alex Riley comes racing out from backstage again. He races past the announce table and grabs the ‘Money in the Bank’ briefcase as Bryan and the Miz begin to slug it out in the ring. Riley slides into the ring and stands behind Bryan waiting for his chance to strike ...

JERRY LAWLER
Excuse me, Cole ...

MICHAEL COLE
What? Where are you going?

As Daniel Bryan turns round, Riley goes to strike him with the briefcase ... but Lawler gets there just in time and trips Riley by hooking his foot from behind. The briefcase falls to the floor and Bryan takes his chance to take down a shocked Riley and locks in the LeBell lock. With Riley frantically tapping out, Lawler laughs outside the ring until Bryan lets go and rolls Riley out of the ring where he lands crumpled at the King’s feet at ringside. The referee is slowly getting to his feet, holding his head, as King steps back away from Riley and Bryan turns back to face the Miz ... Boom! Miz waffles Bryan with the briefcase and sends him crashing to the mat before flinging the briefcase out of the ring and pretending nothing has happened. The referee has missed it and Jerry Lawler is incensed. He climbs up to confront Miz but he is thwarted when Miz sends him down with one kick as Lawler ducks through the ropes. The referee looks confused and looks around as the Miz drags Daniel Bryan to his feet ... SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! Miz hooks the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Miz retains the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract!

WINNER: The Miz (11:42) via pinfall

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner and still ‘Money in the Bank’ contract holder ... THE MIZ!

MICHAEL COLE
Yes! Yes! Miz wins! Miz wins!

MATT STRIKER
The Miz strikes amongst all the confusion and picks up a huge win that retains the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract!

MICHAEL COLE
The Miz holds on despite all the odds. What a marvellous victory for the future WWE Champion!

Miz has his hand raised by the referee as he clutches the ‘Money in the Bank’ briefcase to his chest again as he backs away and out of the ring. As he exits the arena, he looks towards the ring with a glazed expression as his music plays to signal his victory. However, as Daniel Bryan is helped to his feet, a look of realisation spreads over him and he smirks before lifting his briefcase high and posing ...

COMING SOON ... PHILADELPHIA, PA

The cameras return to ringside where Jerry Lawler is slowly getting to his feet and making his way back to the announce table. He staggers to the chair and gingerly places his headset back on as Michael Cole watches intently. As King looks up, Cole smirks at him ...

MICHAEL COLE
I did warn you not to get involved, King ...

MATT STRIKER
Guys, this is not the time or the place for this!

MICHAEL COLE
You know what happened last time you got involved in the Miz’ business, King. He is a future WWE Champion, he is the most must-see WWE superstar of all time. What were you thinking?

King looks at Michael Cole as he mouths away and looks to be bubbling inside ... The crowd begin to chant ‘Jerry! Jerry!’ as King continues to listen to Cole ...

MICHAEL COLE
What makes you think that you can get involved with the Miz? You’re nothing in comparison to him ... Nothing!

Lawler reels back and angrily punches Cole in the face for the second successive PPV to the delight of the fans who chant Lawler’s name even louder now as officials spill out of the backstage area to get between Lawler and Cole. He tries to push past them and his headset falls off but Matt Striker holds him back and whispers to him. Lawler eventually calms down a little and sits down ... An angry and indignant Cole gets to his feet and looks upset at Lawler’s actions. As he prepares to mouth off at Lawler again, the RAW General Manager’s e-mail alert sounds and the crowd boo as Cole slowly makes his way to the laptop ...

MICHAEL COLE
Can I have your attention please? I have an email from the RAW General Manager ... And I quote ... “I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to know that this will be the last email that Michael Cole will read out ... Speaking of which, Jerry Lawler ... Michael Cole ... That’s enough. I’ll deal with you two later. For now, continue with the broadcast and be professional.”

Lawler holds his hands up and sits down on the right of the table with Striker now in the middle chair to separate the warring pair. Cole continues with the rest of the email ...

MICHAEL COLE
“It is almost time for me to reveal myself but, first of all, I want to see the outcome of this match. For weeks, Edge and Chris Jericho have been bad-mouthing me and disrespecting me and my laptop. I am looking forward to appearing after the next match and personally firing at least one but hopefully both men.”

A video package is shown that shows the moments in the previous few months when Edge and/or Chris Jericho have disrespected the General Manager of RAW. The cameras then return to the arena where Justin Roberts is waiting in the ring.

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is a Triple Threat match and it is set for one fall. If Chris Jericho or Edge loses the match, they will be officially retired from the WWE!

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
Introducing first ... from Los Angeles, California ... weighing 224 pounds ... JOHN MORRISON!

John Morrison’s entrance is shown in slo-mo as he struts down to the ring looking confident in his glittering coat and wrestling gear. He passes his custom-made sunglasses to a fan at ringside before hitting the ring and posing on the middle buckle for the fans ...

MATT STRIKER
Tonight, John Morrison goes out to end the careers of not one but two legends of the WWE.

MICHAEL COLE
The RAW General Manager has been having issues with both Jericho and Edge in the past few months and is hoping tonight for a John Morrison victory that would see both men officially retired – as per the General Manager’s orders – from the WWE!

JERRY LAWLER
A massive opportunity for Morrison ... he could single-handedly get rid of two former WWE Champions in one night! What a boost that would be to his career!

*** METALINGUS ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
His opponent ... from Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... weighing 241 pounds ... EDGE!

The ‘Rated R Superstar’ makes his way out looking a little apprehensive as he stops at the top of the ramp. He points his hands to the ceiling as the fireworks explode behind him and slides into the ring with a look at Morrison from the mat. He removes his long coat and looks at Morrison with a slight sign of fear in his eye that his career could end tonight ...

MICHAEL COLE
I’m not sure about the General Manager’s decision about this match. Yes, Edge has given him some problems, he’s called me some names but does he deserve to be retired from the WWE if he loses this match?

JERRY LAWLER
For the first time tonight, I might ... might ... agree with you, Cole. However, if there is one man in this match who deserves to be retired, it might be Chris Jericho after his actions on RAW last week ...

A replay of Jericho’s defeat to R-Truth is shown as Jericho failed to steal the win with illegal use of brass knucks before he struck the referee cold using the knucks after the match ...

JERRY LAWLER
... Striking a referee – brass knucks or not – should be a suspension and a fine at least. I hope that John Morrison can gain retribution for the referee tonight.

MATT STRIKER
I’m not excusing what Jericho did, guys, but you have to understand how Jericho is feeling right now. The losing streak stretches back almost two months now except for a stolen win over John Morrison at No Mercy.

JERRY LAWLER
That doesn’t give him the right to strike the official!

*** BREAK THE WALLS DOWN ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
And ... from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada ... weighing 231 pounds ... CHRIS JERICHO!

The cameras focus on the stage area as Jericho’s entrance music plays but there is no sign of Jericho ... the music plays but still Jericho fails to appear. Eventually, the music stops and the crowd boo at the no-show of Jericho ...

MICHAEL COLE
Where is Chris Jericho?

JERRY LAWLER
I don’t know, Cole, maybe he is scared of returning out here and having to put up with your pointless questions?

Cole ignores King’s comments and there is a long pause with confusion in the ring. Eventually, the silence is broken by the email alert sounding once again ... Cole stands up and goes to the laptop for a second time.

MICHAEL COLE
And I quote ... “OK, OK, this is the last time! I’ve just been informed that there is no sign of Chris Jericho here in Madison Square Garden tonight. Therefore, I am now making this a one on one match between John Morrison and Edge. And Edge ... if you lose, you are still going to be retired!”

Again, the crowd cheer and Edge remains looking worried about his career. A chant of ‘Hey, hey, hey ... Goodbye!’ begins and Edge looks insulted by the WWE Universe ...

EDGE vs. JOHN MORRISON
(If Edge loses, he will be ‘retired’ from the WWE)

Edge looks nervous as he starts the match and a smirking John Morrison, encouraged by the cheers of the WWE Universe, looks to take early advantage. Morrison starts out quickly and forces Edge back into the corner where he runs towards the Rated R Superstar and looks for a kick to the side of the head. However, Edge manages to duck and Morrison crashes to the mat. After dodging the early bullet, Edge stomps on the back and shoulders of Morrison and leaves him face down on the mat as he composes himself. He forces Morrison’s head into the turnbuckle when he gets back up and whips him to the opposite corner before rushing into him with a clothesline in the corner. With Morrison now stunned, a sinister smile appears on Edge’s face despite it being early days in the contest.

A Russian Leg Sweep allows Edge to put Morrison back down on the mat and wraps his legs around Morrison’s mid-section as he uses the leg scissors to try and squeeze the life out of Morrison. With Morrison down, the referee counts his shoulders on the mat for the first time ... 1 ... 2 ... Morrison rolls over. Edge maintains the hold and pushes Morrison in the face to shove him back down to the mat. Again, Morrison’s shoulders are down ... 1 ... 2 ... Morrison forces his shoulders up. Edge releases Morrison from his grip and stomps in his stomach once more before dropping to his knees and unleashing several closed fists to the head of Morrison that earns him a lecture from the official and a warning to stop ... As Morrison struggles to his feet, Edge climbs up to the top rope and waits for Morrison to get to his feet before launching himself towards the Monday Night Delight with a Missile Dropkick. However, Morrison manages to dodge this at the last seconds and he props himself up in the corner as Edge writhes on the mat after his crash landing. Edge staggers to the corner and pulls himself up but Morrison rushes over and steps up the ropes to deliver a kick to the side of the head. Edge is stunned and falls out through the ropes to the outside of the ring where Morrison taunts him to get back into the ring.

MATT STRIKER
A sensible move from Edge as he puts some distance between himself and Morrison. After all, he is fighting for his career here in the WWE!

MICHAEL COLE
John Morrison is trying to speed up the match but Edge is a wily veteran nowadays and he is deliberately taking his time to slow the match back down here ...

JERRY LAWLER
... Or he could be taking the cowards way, Cole?

The referee’s count reaches six but Morrison gets sick of waiting for Edge and breaks the count as he jumps down out of the ring to stalk the former 9-time World Champion outside. Edge doesn’t realise that Morrison is sneaking up behind him until it is too late and Morrison grabs his head and slams it down onto the announce table, not once, not twice but three times. A stunned Edge throws a punch but Morrison avoids it and lifts Edge up so he comes crashing down chest first onto the announce table and Edge is crumpled on the floor. Morrison climbs to the top of the steel ring steps and sizes Edge up as he prepares to launch a Flying Chuck Kick ... Edge slowly gets to his feet and Morrison launches towards him, swinging his leg and foot round ... Edge ducks and his opponent lands awkwardly on the announce table. He drags Morrison up and whips him into the ring apron and then into the announce table so that his back slams into them with force before rolling into the ring. The referee’s new count is now at six ... ... 7 ... 8 ... 9 ... With a massive effort, Morrison rolls into the ring. The crowd cheer as Edge looks bewildered before hitting the opposite ropes and running towards Morrison on his back near the ropes. Edge hits a dropkick to the side of Morrison’s chest and he is sent crashing back out of the ring with a thud on the padded floor at ringside.

Edge immediately follows Morrison out of the ring and stands a few yards away preparing ... he looks manic as he builds up for something with Morrison struggling up with some help from the ringsteps. As Morrison turns, Edge looks for a spear but he moves aside and the Rated R Superstar crashes shoulder first into the steel steps and sends the top steps flying off their base. Both men are now down but Edge looks in serious trouble as Morrison gets to his feet first and tries to recover. Morrison drags Edge to his knees and forces him into the ring where he climbs in and makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... Edge just about gets his injured shoulder out of trouble! Morrison gets to his feet and stands over his prone opponent before turning his back and hitting a Standing Shooting Star Press before hooking the leg for the pinfall again. 1 ... 2 ... A weak kick out from Edge!

MATT STRIKER
With every passing pinfall from Morrison, Edge is seconds away from having his career ended here!

JERRY LAWLER
I thought he was finished there, come on John Morrison!

As Edge gets to his knees, Morrison looks to hit a running knee to his head but Edge manages to avoid the contact and rolls up Morrison for a surprise pinfall. 1 ... 2 ... Morrison escapes! Edge looks to beat Morrison up but he can’t manage it and Morrison tries to hit the running knee again ... This time, he connects and Edge is sent crashing down onto his back.

JERRY LAWLER
I think it’s over, Morrison has ended Edge’s career in the WWE!

Morrison with the cover to Edge ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! No, wait ... Edge has grabbed the bottom rope with his hand! So close for Morrison, many people in the Garden thought he had won it there! Morrison looks disappointed but he continues to assault Edge and another kick leaves Edge down on the mat in the corner ... in perfect position ... Morrison steps over Edge and looks around over the ringpost at the WWE Universe as they encourage him. Morrison leaps up and lands on the top ropes before twisting around to drop on Edge with Starship Pain! But Edge moves at the last second and Morrison crashes to the mat to the disappointment of the fans. As Morrison groggily gets back up, Edge has rolled out of the way and is slowly getting to his feet too with that look in his eye. Edge stands opposite Morrison and pulls at his hair begging Morrison to get to his feet ... Will he hit the spear? Morrison dodges for a second time, Edge hits the turnbuckle and Morrison hits the Chuck Kick again. Cover ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Edge escapes at the last split second!

Morrison looks a little frustrated this time and hits a few uppercuts to send Edge into the corner again. He whips Edge into the opposite corner and rushes towards him again looking for another kick to the side of Edge’s head ... Edge avoids the contact again and Morrison is confused for a moment ... SPEAR! Edge hits the spear to John Morrison and makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Edge has saved his WWE career!

WINNER: Edge (13:32) via pinfall

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner ... EDGE!

As Metalingus blasts out around the arena, Morrison disappointedly rolls out of the ring to leave Edge struggling in the corner with a mixed look of relief and possible respect for his opponent in his eyes. Edge slowly raises his hands high and poses before he wanders over to the timekeeper and takes a microphone. Breathing heavily, Edge begins to talk ...

EDGE
Right ... Come on! You said ... You said you’d reveal yourself tonight. Where are you? Get out here!

MICHAEL COLE
The RAW General Manager wanted to fire Edge tonight but he won’t get his wish. Who will it be? Who has been emailing me for the past six months with messages?

Excitement builds in the Garden as all eyes turn towards the stage as the RAW General Manager seems set to be called out and revealed ...

EDGE
Come on ... Who are you? Where are you?

Edge continues to look towards the stage but a commotion can be heard in the crowd as the excitement builds further ...

MICHAEL COLE
Wait a minute! Who’s that?

A masked figure has rushed out of the crowd over the barricades and past Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler and Matt Striker and slides into the ring behind Edge ... There is something familiar about the figure as he stands behind Edge waiting ... Edge slowly turns around and sees the masked figure – but too late. A superkick to his jaw reveals who the familiar figure actually is ... And the mask is pulled off to reveal ...

MICHAEL COLE
HBK! HBK! Sweet Chin Music to Edge!

MATT STRIKER
The RAW General Manager is Shawn Michaels!

JERRY LAWLER
HBK returns to the WWE!

*** SEXY BOY ***

As the Garden crowd go wild at the return of HBK as the RAW General Manager, Michaels rolls out of the ring with Edge down and out outside the ring after Sweet Chin Music ... Michaels steps up to the RAW General Manager laptop and surveys the WWE Universe before disconnecting the laptop – with a quick look at Michael Cole at the announce table – before he speaks ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
The RAW General Manager is none other than the Showstopper ... the Heart Break Kid ... me, Shawn Michaels!

With the laptop under his arm, HBK strides away from the announce table and up the aisle past a disbelieving Edge up to the top of the ramp. He turns and waves to the WWE Universe with a huge smile on his face ... HBK is back in the WWE!

MICHAEL COLE
This can’t be right, the General Manager is Shawn Michaels?

MATT STRIKER
One of the greatest of all time, the legendary Shawn Michaels ... Back in the WWE as the General Manager of RAW! Wow!

MICHAEL COLE
I thought it would be ... would be ... somebody else ...

JERRY LAWLER
Oh, shut up, Cole, this is great news! Can you think of a better man to be General Manager of RAW? HBK will give the people what they want ... he has already started with that Sweet Chin Music to Edge!

The camera switches backstage where it focuses on the Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler, stood with his girlfriend, the Assistant GM of Smackdown, Vickie Guerrero. She is fawning over her younger man as he fingers the Intercontinental Title belt over his shoulder and the camera pans back to reveal three other men stood waiting ... Alberto Del Rio ... Christian ... and MVP.

MICHAEL COLE
Which of these three men will face Dolph Ziggler tonight for the Intercontinental Championship? We’ll find out next!

The camera switches to a vignette for none other than Matt Hardy, the man who a fortnight ago told the WWE Universe that he may be about to leave the WWE for good after a defeat to Jack Swagger on Superstars. The vignette shows some of Matt Hardy’s major achievements from his time partnering his brother, Jeff, and his singles career wearing the Intercontinental Title. A crowd chant of ‘Hardy!’ is played in the background as the words form on the screen ... ‘MATT HARDY ... ONE MORE CHANCE!’ With the SMACKDOWN logo in the bottom corner and the words ‘TWO WEEKS!’ showing, the return of Hardy is made clear.

The cameras switch back to the ringside area where Matt Striker is beaming ...

MATT STRIKER
Folks, great news there, Matt Hardy will be coming back to the WWE very soon!

MICHAEL COLE
Yeah, word is that Matt has been training hard for the past two weeks back home in North Carolina and has decided to return for one last effort to win the World Heavyweight Championship or the WWE Championship.

MATT STRIKER
I spoke to Matt earlier today and he is definitely focused on getting back and earning himself a spot at the top of the SMACKDOWN roster. He suggested that he is aiming for the Royal Rumble match in January and the chance to win a title at WrestleMania this year.

MICHAEL COLE
A nice dream but it’ll never happen will it?

JERRY LAWLER
Look, Cole, Matt Hardy has got as good a chance as anyone. You spend half your life telling the world that the Miz will be the next champion but let me tell you ... If Miz is going to be a champion, there is no doubt that Matt Hardy can do it too.

*** I AM PERFECTION ***

TONY CHIMEL
This match is set for one fall. Introducing first, from Hollywood, California, weighing 223 pounds ... He is accompanied by the Assistant SMACKDOWN General Manager, Vickie Guerrero, and is the Intercontinental Champion ... DOLPH ZIGGLER!

The Intercontinental Champion and Vickie Guerrero stride out looking confident that Ziggler is going to retain the Intercontinental Title that is hanging over his shoulder. He steps through the ropes and runs his hands through is blonde hair before flicking the sweat off his hands towards the fans. Despite the boos and jeers, Ziggler and Vickie smile as attention turns towards Josh Matthews and Eve Torres on the stage area.

JOSH MATTHEWS
Ladies and Gentlemen, Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler is set to defend his title right now but against who?

EVE TORRES
Will it be the Mexican sensation Alberto Del Rio?

JOSH MATTHEWS
What about the former three time Intercontinental Champion, Christian?

EVE TORRES
Or will it be the most valuable playa’ here in the WWE ... MVP?

JOSH MATTHEWS
You have been voting in your thousands on wwe.com and we can now reveal the results ... Facing Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship will be ...

EVE TORRES
Alberto Del Rio!

*** FUNBA RUMBA ***

The sound of a car horn announces the arrival of the Mexican Aristocrat as he drives a Bentley out from the side of the stage with a huge grin on his face. He exits the car and looks oblivious to the jeers of the WWE Universe behind him. He moves round the car and onto the ramp where gold sparks descend from the ceiling as he poses and his ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, begins his introduction ...

RICARDO RODRIGUEZ
Damas y Caballeros ... Es mi honor de introducir a usted, un hombre de la realeza, un hombre con una inteligencia superior, es invicto y es el orgullo de México ... El es ... ALBERTO DEL RRRRIO!

Del Rio enters the ring with a cocky smirk on his face and poses with his hands held apart in the ring to show his physique off. He turns to face Ziggler and Guerrero who look a little disorientated with the voting result. He winks at Ziggler and gets a few cheers ... it seems that the WWE Universe may be set to cheer him over Ziggler in this match.

MATT STRIKER
A surprising choice, I was expecting Christian to be given the nod by the WWE Universe. However, it seems that Del Rio has got some fans out there.

JERRY LAWLER
I don’t know how that has happened! Anyone who has a personal ring announcer should automatically be voted against in my opinion!

MICHAEL COLE
That’s the beauty of Cyber Sunday, it’s completely up to the WWE Universe and they can choose whichever match they want to see!

MATT STRIKER
And you cannot argue that Del Rio does not deserve this opportunity after the start he has made on Friday Night ... At the last PPV, remember, he beat Christian via submission which is no mean feat!

DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/ Vickie Guerrero) vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO
(Intercontinental Championship Match)

The match begins with Del Rio and Ziggler circling each other and sizing each other up. With the two men never having faced each other, they lock up and head into the ropes before Ziggler breaks with a kick to the knee of Del Rio. The crowd jeer Ziggler and Del Rio looks around with a smirk before wagging his finger at the champion and winking at him again. Another lock up sees Del Rio force Ziggler into the corner where the referee calls for a break ... this time, Del Rio breaks the rules with a kick to Ziggler in the corner. The pair face up to each other as the match becomes more heated and Ziggler pushes Del Rio in the chest with force. He shouts at Del Rio and points to Vickie on the outside whilst asking ‘Do you know who I am? Do you know who my girlfriend is?’ before slapping the taste right out of the Mexican’s mouth.

With Del Rio momentarily stunned, Ziggler goes to work with flying arms thumping down onto Del Rio’s back and shoulders that takes him down to his knees. Ziggler begins to stomp on Del Rio’s lower back and leaves the challenger stretching for the ropes before he jumps high and connects with an elbow drop from high in the air. Ziggler follows this up by clotheslining Del Rio to the outside of the ring as he wobbles to his feet and celebrates by holding his hands up high to the jeers of the WWE Universe. He smirks and calls out ‘I’m the champion!’ before drawing the attention of the referee whilst Vickie gets in the face of a dazed Del Rio. With the referee distracted, Del Rio is slapped again – this time by Vickie – before Ziggler rolls out of the ring and stalks after him. Ziggler waits for Del Rio to get to his feet and as Del Rio turns to face Vickie, Ziggler jumps up behind him and hits the ‘Zig-Zag’ so that Del Rio crashes back first into the barricades. Ziggler rolls back into the ring and the referee tries to berate the champion before he begins a count-out of the champion as Guerrero applauds her man at ringside.

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... Del Rio is still writhing in pain on the floor and holding his back where Ziggler crashed him into the barricades. 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... Ziggler looks annoyed as Del Rio manages to slide his way under the rope and begins to stomp at the injured back of Del Rio. With the crowd intent on booing the champion, there are small cheers when Del Rio suddenly hits back and strikes Ziggler in the face. However, another distraction from Guerrero gives Dolph the opportunity to strike with a devastating boot to the head. Ziggler signals that it is over as Vickie laughs out loud at ringside. He stalks Del Rio again waiting for the perfect moment ... looking for a second ‘Zig-Zag’ that would end the match. As Del Rio gets to his feet, Ziggler zeroes in on his challengers and goes for the big finish ... but Del Rio grabs the top rope and causes Ziggler to crash down.

MATT STRIKER
Great counter from Alberto, there, can he take advantage here?

MICHAEL COLE
Not if Vickie Guerrero has anything to do with it!

Vickie Guerrero jumps up onto the apron but Alberto simply winks at her and the referee takes over in ushering Vickie down from the mat. As he does this, Del Rio lifts up his opponent and twists his arm round before twisting it behind his back and slamming him down to the mat. As Ziggler gets up, Del Rio strikes him with a boot to the upper shoulder that leaves Ziggler holding himself up in the corner of the ring. Del Rio rushes towards Ziggler and hits an Enziguri kick to the head of the champion that staggers him before grabbing the arm and setting up for a submission finish. With the crowd encouraging Del Rio even if not cheering him on, he twists around and lands with Ziggler locked in the Armbar in considerable anguish. Ziggler looks set to tap out when Vickie jumps into the ring this time and distracts the referee ... As she does, Ziggler taps out to the dismay of Del Rio who realises that the referee cannot see it. He releases the hold and goes over to confront Guerrero and the referee has to hold him back. Meanwhile, a wounded Ziggler is recovering behind him and is waiting to pounce again. Ziggler sets himself behind Del Rio and looks to hit a dropkick to Alberto’s back ... but Del Rio moves and the kick connects instead with Vickie Guerrero who falls from the mat into a crumpled heap. A distraught Dolph holds his head in his hands and looks down on his fallen girlfriend before turning round and being locked into the Armbar for a second time. He holds on for a short while but finally realises that his time is up ... Dolph Ziggler taps out and the referee calls for the bell! Alberto Del Rio is the new Intercontinental Champion!

WINNER: Alberto Del Rio (6:38) via submission

RICARDO RODRIGUEZ

Aquí está su ganador ... El nuevo Campeón Intercontinental ... ALBERTO DELLLL RRRRIIIOOOO!

MICHAEL COLE
There it is, the first new champion of the new WWE owner’s reign ... Alberto Del Rio wins the Intercontinental Championship from Dolph Ziggler here at Cyber Sunday!

JERRY LAWLER
I’m not a fan of Alberto Del Rio but how much fun was it to see Vickie Guerrero knocked down on her ample rear end?!

MICHAEL COLE
King, show some respect. She is the Assistant GM of SMACKDOWN!

JERRY LAWLER
I don’t care who she is, Cole, I enjoyed watching her boyfriend, Dolph Ziggler, dropkick her down off the mat! My, oh my, that was amazing!

MATT STRIKER
Congratulations to Alberto Del Rio who wins his first title here in the WWE and becomes SMACKDOWN’s new Intercontinental Champion! I have to wonder what will happen on Friday night when Dolph and Vickie have regrouped from the loss ...

Ziggler stands over his fallen girlfriend with a distraught look on his face. He keeps glancing down at Vickie Guerrero and then back up at Alberto Del Rio who is arrogantly posing in the ring with the Intercontinental Championship belt. As Ziggler holds his head, he looks around and starts to walk away despite Vickie starting to reach out to him. He ignores her calls and walks out of the arena with a determined look on his face ...

MICHAEL COLE
What an idiot, why would anybody leave Vickie Guerrero like that?

The cameras switch to Todd Grisham who is backstage and stood with the challengers for the Tag Team Championships, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry. Both men look pumped up yet confident as they flank the interviewer ...

TODD GRISHAM
Tonight, gentlemen, you get your opportunity at the Tag Team Championships and a chance for revenge on Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre.

MARK HENRY
You know, Todd, we ain’t even thinking about that. We’re just gonna’ go out there and beat up those two punks and win the championships.

EVAN BOURNE
We’re pumped tonight, Todd, we’ve got a chance to win a championship tonight. I’ve never held gold here in the WWE and I certainly plan on making sure I do tonight. Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre, you guys might think that you can get away with sneak attacks and then hiding but tonight we will make you pay.

TODD GRISHAM
There are many people speculating that the champions fear you. Does that make you feel more confident?

MARK HENRY
Hey, Todd, we know that they fear us ... and tonight, when they feel the brute force of the World’s Strongest Man and then the devastating high flying moves of Evan Bourne, they will be finished!

EVAN BOURNE
It’s time for us to fly high as the Tag Team Champions!

The camera switches back to the ring where Tony Chimel is waiting to announce the next match ...

TONY CHIMEL
The following contest is set for one fall and is for the Undisputed Tag Team Championships!

*** SMOKE AND MIRRORS ***

TONY CHIMEL
Introducing first ... from Marietta, Georgia, weighing 223 pounds, he is one half of the Tag Team Champions ... CODY RHODES!

Cody Rhodes heads out from the backstage area and pauses to check out his visage in the mirror on the stage. He fixes his hair and smirks before heading towards the ring. As he reaches the steps, his music fades out to be replaced by ...

*** BROKEN DREAMS ***

TONY CHIMEL
And his partner ... weighing 256 pounds, from Ayr, Scotland ... he is the other half of the Tag Team Champions ... DREW McINTYRE!

McIntyre coolly struts towards the ring with a look of confidence on his face. He greets his partner and they head into the ring where they stand facing the crowds with their Tag Team Championships glistening around their waists. They remove their tops and loosen their title belts as the music of their challengers begins ...

*** BORN TO WIN ***

TONY CHIMEL
And the challengers ... weighing in at a combined total of 575 pounds ... The World’s Strongest Man, MARK HENRY and EVAN BOURNE!

Evan Bourne comes bounding out first leading the slower, plodding form of Mark Henry towards the ring. Henry has a huge grin on his face and as the two of them hit the ring, the Tag Team Champions look intimidated as Henry and Bourne smile and beckon to the crowd that they are about to win the titles from them.

CODY RHODES & DREW McINTYRE vs. EVAN BOURNE & MARK HENRY
(Tag Team Championship Match)

The bell is rung and the match will start with the speed of Evan Bourne and the sinister ways of the Scotsman, Drew McIntyre. McIntyre confronts Bourne in the centre of the ring and informs him that he is ‘weak’ before throwing a punch at him looking to surprise him. However, Bourne ducks and launches an early tirade of kicks to the legs of McIntyre which leaves him scrambling for the corner and the safety of a tag to Cody Rhodes. Rhodes looks strangely at his partner before swinging his leg over the middle rope and entering the ring with a cocky look on his face. However, Bourne immediately hits him high in the chest with a perfect drop kick that sends him into the ropes and he also scrambles to the corner with a concerned look on his face. Bourne holds a hand up high to the crowd and they cheer him as McIntyre and Rhodes discuss strategy. A second tag is made and back comes Drew McIntyre who points to Mark Henry and tells Bourne that he wants him. Bourne looks to Henry who smiles and nods but as Evan turns to tag him in, McIntyre smashes Bourne in the back from behind and smirking he drags him over to his corner of the ring. An irate Henry has to be held back by the referee which allows Drew and Cody to stomp in the chest of Bourne and leave him down in the corner of the ring. Drew leaves – without a clear tag – and in comes Cody who is allowed in despite the ref missing the tag.

Cody Rhodes drags Bourne to his feet and props him up in their corner of the ring. He pounds away with forearms to the face of Bourne who tries to cover up in vain as the referee stops Rhodes. However, somewhat stupidly, Henry again enters the ring and the referee’s attention is drawn which allows more beating to his partner as Drew holds Evan in the corner by the arms whilst Rhodes kicks him savagely. A slap to the face is the ultimate insult as Cody leaves Bourne crumpled in the corner. A look of sure-fire cockiness spreads across the ‘dashing’ face of Cody Rhodes and he tags in his partner, Drew McIntyre. The Sinister Scotsman enters the ring and begins to dissect Bourne with his slow, methodical ways. He pulls back and hits a full boot into the face of Evan Bourne and covers the smaller superstar for the first pinfall attempt of the match. 1 ... 2 ... Kickout from Bourne! Drew stomps to the gut of Bourne before lifting him up for a backbreaker across the knee that leaves Bourne writhing and stretching out for a tag to his partner. Drew chuckles as he watches Bourne inching his way towards Henry but then places his foot on the small of Evan’s back and stands up on him to stop his movement. He drops down and locks in a reverse chinlock that sees Bourne looking into the eyes of his partner who is stretching out his hand for the tag. Bourne reaches out but McIntyre’s chinlock is locked in perfectly and there is no way he can make the tag right now.

With Henry clapping and the WWE Universe joining in to encourage Bourne, McIntyre begins to lift himself and his opponent to their feet. Bourne offers the WWE Universe a chink of light as he hits a couple of well placed elbows but McIntyre denies him a chance to tag with another well placed kick to the knee this time. He whips Bourne into his corner and follows up with a clothesline before tagging in Cody Rhodes again. Rhodes climbs to the top rope and waits for Bourne to stagger up before hitting a crossbody that leaves Bourne down on the mat again. Cover from Rhodes ... 1 ... 2 ... Bourne escapes again ... just! Rhodes smiles to himself as he launches kicks to his fallen opponent before hitting a well placed knee drop to the side of Bourne’s head, a painful manoeuvre when done without a knee pad. Another pin from Rhodes ... 1 ... 2 ... Bourne barely kicks out this time. Rhodes confidently lifts him to his feet and hits another drop kick to send Bourne back into the corner as the domination by the Tag Team Champions continues.

MICHAEL COLE
Complete domination here from the Tag Team Champions!

MATT STRIKER
Whoever said that they feared them? Cody and Drew are showing no sign of fear here as they completely dismantle Evan Bourne ...

Rhodes hits a Russian Leg Sweep to Bourne and tags in Drew again who menacingly stands over the challenger and stares at Mark Henry. Sensibly this time, Henry refuses to be goaded into attempting to enter the ring and rallies the WWE Universe to get behind Evan. With the claps sounding out, McIntyre looks to silence them as he lifts Bourne to his feet for a snap suplex ... he hits it and Bourne is down centre of the ring. Pinfall from Drew McIntyre ... 1 ... 2 ... Bourne lifts his shoulder at the last second. Drew looks a little frustrated and signals to Mark Henry that this time it is over. He lifts Evan’s prone body to his knees and hooks his arms to set up the Future Shock DDT ... He looks set to hit it when Bourne suddenly drives him back into the corner back first. A surprised Drew swings uncharacteristically wild and Bourne ducks before hitting a drop kick that leaves McIntyre staggering towards Rhodes. The tag is made by the champions and Rhodes comes in quickly ... and just prevents the tag from Bourne to Henry. He smirks at the World’s Strongest Man before dragging Bourne to the middle of the ring. He is clearly looking to hit the Cross Rhodes finisher now and sets up ... he holds Bourne’s head back and is about to hit the move when Bourne flips his legs up and over ... Surprised, Rhodes turns quickly and is hit by a roundhouse kick from Bourne that sends him spinning away ...

MATT STRIKER
Can Evan Bourne make the tag to his partner Mark Henry here?

MICHAEL COLE
This may be his only chance, here he goes ...

Bourne stretches his hand just as Cody Rhodes comes across ... and makes the tag to the World’s Strongest Man! The Garden comes unglued as Henry steps into the ring and swings his fist knocking down Rhodes, then McIntyre, then Rhodes again ... he scoops McIntyre up and hits the World’s Strongest Slam to the delight of the fans ... He hooks the leg of Drew McIntyre for the pinfall ... Wait a minute! The referee points out to Henry that Drew is not the legal man. He turns round whilst on his knees to locate Cody Rhodes ... BAM! Dropkick from Cody Rhodes to the head of Mark Henry and the Tag Team Champions are back in control. Cover from Rhodes ... 1 ... 2 ... Henry kicks out and sends Rhodes flying about six feet over the ring! As Henry gets to his feet, Drew again looks to lock in the Future Shock DDT ... Henry is too powerful though and breaks free before pushing Drew back to the corner. He rushes over at Drew and squashes him like a grape before dragging Cody back into the ring through the ropes. With Rhodes pleading Henry to not hit him in the face, Henry looks around with a huge grin as the WWE Universe in Madison Square Garden urge him break Rhodes’ nose. He pulls back his hand and Rhodes drops to his knees in desperation causing Henry to pause again. This is the moment ... Drew McIntyre rushes over and hits a devastating boot to the side of the big man’s head that sends him wobbling down to the mat.

The referee finally encourages Drew out of the ring and the match is back at one on one with Rhodes and Henry. Drew is stood on the mat waiting for a tag if needed whereas the fallen giant, Henry, has no tag partner with Bourne still down outside the ring after his beating earlier in the match. Cody stands behind Henry waiting for him to get back to his feet ... when he does, Cody springboards off the ropes and hits the ‘Beautiful Disaster’ kick that sends Henry down again. Cover from Cody ... 1 ... 2 ... Henry swats Cody away but without the power of the last one. Cody tags in Drew McIntyre who slowly approaches Henry ... He seems intent on hitting the Future Shock DDT and again lifts up Henry’s massive frame. He hooks the arms of the behemoth again and looks to hit the move but Henry again fights out and then runs over McIntyre with a show of power. Rhodes attempts to enter but Henry again shoulder blocks him out of the ring and he is left all alone with Drew McIntyre. He scoops the Scotsman up and hits the World’s Strongest Slam to a loud pop before turning to his corner where a groggy Evan Bourne is now back on his feet. He offers Bourne the tag and the crowd go wild as Evan tags in and climbs to the top rope. Bourne sets himself for the Shooting Star Press – Air Bourne – before leaping forwards. He backflips in the air before crashing down onto the torso of Drew McIntyre leaving the Scotsman with the wind severely knocked out of him. Bourne slowly scrambles back towards McIntyre to make the cover but, as he does, Mark Henry is viciously pulled backwards off the mat and down onto the floor onto his back by Cody Rhodes. Bourne makes the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... Rhodes with the boot to the head of Bourne to break the pinfall. The referee tries to order Rhodes out of the ring but he and Evan try to square up to each other ... allowing Drew time to recover. Cody exits the ring at last but Drew is now ready ... as Bourne turns, a kick to the gut sets him up and Drew McIntyre hits another Future Shock DDT. He makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Drew McIntyre retains the titles for the Tag Team Champions!

WINNER: Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre (11:32) via pinfall

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here are your winners and still Tag Team Champions ... DREW McINTYRE and CODY RHODES!

The referee raises the hands of the Tag Team Champions who pose with their Tag Team Title belts held high in the air. An angry Mark Henry re-enters the ring and the champions quickly scarper before the World’s Strongest Man can get hold of them. They make their way up the aisle as Henry looks out for Evan Bourne whilst casting dark glances over to the Tag Champions who cockily make their way out of the arena.

MICHAEL COLE
A mighty impressive performance from Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre, gentlemen?

MATT STRIKER
I thought that Mark Henry and Evan Bourne had the match but you cannot count these two young superstars out of the match. You might not like them but they continue to impress as Tag Team Champions ...

JERRY LAWLER
It was impressive but you seem to be missing something, Cole, did you not notice the cheating ways of the champions throughout? Just like your boy, the Miz?

MICHAEL COLE
Let’s not start that again, King, HBK asked us to remain professional tonight. Comparing Rhodes and McIntyre, however impressive they were tonight, to the Miz is a bit of a joke.

The camera switches backstage again and we see an intense looking Triple H preparing for his match with Sheamus: it will be either an Ambulance match, a Chain Match or a Last Man Standing match. As he prepares, he looks up and notices someone else walking into the room. It is the new RAW General Manager, Shawn Michaels, and the pair greet each other with a handshake ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Hey man ...

TRIPLE H
Hey ... So you finally revealed yourself then?

SHAWN MICHAELS
Yeah, I did. I’m not here to talk to you as the General Manager though. I’m here to talk to you as your friend.

TRIPLE H
As my friend?

SHAWN MICHAELS
As your friend. Look, man, we go way back. I know you. I know how hot-headed you can get. But this is your first PPV match after a long time out. I’m worried that you’ve taken too much on with these stipulations ...

TRIPLE H
Whoa. Shawn, are you doubting me?

SHAWN MICHAELS
No, I’m ... well, yeah, I guess I am. Look, Hunter, Sheamus is a young buck but he is a powerhouse. You’ve seen what he can do to people. You know what he did to you. He put you out of action for 8 long months. I just want you to ... to be careful.

TRIPLE H
Shawn ... Sheamus won’t get chance to put me out of action again. I don’t care what he does, he is going to be destroyed tonight. You know ... You know what I was going to say when he attacked me on RAW don’t you?

SHAWN MICHAELS
I know ... Hunter, he’s got no morals. You know that he’ll do whatever it takes to beat you tonight ... ?

TRIPLE H
I know. But so will I, Shawn. He ruined my one chance to publically wish you well after your retirement from the ring. I owe him.

SHAWN MICHAELS
I know. I know. OK, man, you go out there and you show the world why you are the Game, the King of Kings ... but one more thing ... you know I can’t get involved don’t you?

TRIPLE H
I don’t need no help, Shawn. I know that you can’t afford to get caught up in the middle of Sheamus’ destruction now you’re the RAW GM. Hell, there isn’t a chance that ...

A strange growling noise is heard and the short frame of Hornswoggle enters the room and buffets straight into the Game and hugs his leg before turning to hug Shawn Michaels as well. Both men grin as the former DX mascot jumps around excitedly performing the DX crotch symbol ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Ha ha, Hornswoggle, my man!

TRIPLE H
I guess the little guy believes in me tonight, Shawn. Question is ... do you?

SHAWN MICHAELS
You know I do ... I just want you to be ... careful.

Triple H smirks at HBK before slapping him on the back and leaving the locker room. Hornswoggle watches Triple H leave before jumping around HBK excitedly once more as the camera heads back to the ringside ...

The cameras focus on the stage area and the gorgeous Eve Torres alongside Josh Matthews ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
It is now time for the match between Triple H ...

The crowd cheer at the mention of Triple H but then turn to boos and jeers at the mention of his opponent ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
... and Sheamus.

EVE TORRES
It has been the decision of the WWE Universe about what type of match these two men will participate in. Will it be ... an Ambulance match?

JOSH MATTHEWS
Will it be a Chain match?

EVE TORRES
Or will it be a Last Man Standing match?

JOSH MATTHEWS
Let’s find out ...

EVE TORRES
Triple H and Sheamus will face each other in ...

EVE TORRES
... an Ambulance Match!

MICHAEL COLE
Wow. What a brutal match this is going to be, guys ...

JERRY LAWLER
The last time we saw an Ambulance match in the WWE was back in 2004 when Shane McMahon faced Kane ...

MATT STRIKER
And what a brutal match that was ... God knows what these two men will put each other through now ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is an Ambulance Match ... The only way to win this match is to place your opponent inside the ambulance and close the doors ...

A loud beeping noise echoes through the arena and the sight of an ambulance reversing from the side of the stage confirms the match we are about to witness. The ambulance reverses out from the right side of the stage and parks with it’s back doors open to the rampway ... Then, the music of the first participant, Sheamus, hits the Garden and the jeers and boos of the WWE Universe welcome him ...

*** WRITTEN IN MY FACE ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
Introducing first, from Dublin, Ireland, weighing 272 pounds ... SHEAMUS!

Sheamus slowly walks out from the backstage area before pounding his chest and letting out a cry as he stands on the top of the stage. As he walks towards the ring in his custom t-shirt and black and green trunks, Sheamus casts an eye over to the ambulance parked beside the ramp. He peers inside the ambulance and smirks before heading towards the ring looking quietly confident. He enters the ring and the WWE Universe boo loud as he poses in the ring ... then his music fades and there is an explosion of noise as the darkness descends and the arena is bathed in a green light ...

*** THE GAME ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
And his opponent, from Greenwich, Connecticut, weighing 255 pounds ... THE GAME ... TRIPLE H!

The Game strides out of the backstage area and storms down the ramp without his usual entrance. He is determined to get his hands on Sheamus to punish him but Sheamus is ready for the fight as well and he leaves the ring to meet Triple H outside the ring ... The bell is rung as the pair begin to trade right hands and the brawl is on ...

SHEAMUS vs. TRIPLE H
(Ambulance Match)

The two enemies trade blows at the bottom of the ramp with both men determined to come out on top and establish an early advantage. Triple H hits a well placed knee to the stomach of Sheamus and then grabs him by his orange hair and drives him head first into the steel steps to the cheers of the WWE Universe! With Sheamus stunned, Hunter continues to go after him and whips him into the barricades before rushing at the Dubliner and hitting a clothesline that sends Sheamus over into the delirious crowd at ringside. With security men rushing to hold the crowd back, Triple H climbs over the barricades and stalks after a retreating Sheamus who seems to have lost his early bravado. Sheamus backs away but Triple H catches up with him and delivers right hand after right hand after right hand before crashing Sheamus into the wall that separates the floor with the stands around the arena in the Garden ...

MICHAEL COLE
What an amazing start to this match, Triple H looks like he means business here as he takes it to Sheamus ...

JERRY LAWLER
Sheamus is in big, big trouble, Triple H is going to take revenge for every single day that he was out of action here in the WWE!

With Sheamus clutching his back and heading up the stairs in the Garden, Hunter stalks him up the steps pounding his back with forearms as the Irishman stumbles away from Hunter. He fights his way through the crowds and the security onto the concourse where he tries to escape the Game but he cannot and Hunter drives him face first into the walls over and over. Sheamus attempts to throw a punch to halt Triple H but misses and the Game kicks him in the gut before setting up for the Pedigree. The crowd in the concourse and throughout the Garden go wild as Triple H pauses for a moment before hitting a perfect Pedigree on the concrete concourse floor that leaves Sheamus battered and bruised and destroyed, face down on the concrete ...

Triple H takes his first breath since his music started and the fight began as he looks around and then back down at Sheamus’ fallen body. Triple H kicks disrespectfully at Sheamus whilst uttering some words to the crowd nearby that suggest that the Game is nowhere near finished with Sheamus. Hunter drags the pasty Irishman back to his feet and holds him up against the wall before battering him over and over and over with right hands. Triple H is irate and intent on the complete destruction of the former WWE Champion ... as Sheamus tries to cover up and escape a little, he staggers into the Gents’ restroom where Triple H follows him still. Triple H drives Sheamus’ head into the hand driers before letting Sheamus fall to the tiled floor ... Hunter takes a moment to revel in the moment as Sheamus tries to pull himself up using Triple H for support. As Sheamus gets halfway, Hunter grabs him by the throat and clutches him tightly before running him quickly towards the sinks and flinging him head first into the mirrors above the taps. A crack appears in the mirror where Sheamus’ head hits it and blood now trickles down Sheamus’ forehead ...

JERRY LAWLER
Oh my god, Cole, that’s going to be bad luck for sure! He just cracked a mirror!

MICHAEL COLE
Bad luck for who? Will it be Sheamus or Triple H?

MATT STRIKER
I have never seen Triple H in such a rage. He’s beaten Sheamus to a pulp and they’re nowhere near the ambulance!

MICHAEL COLE
This could be a career changing match for Sheamus ...

JERRY LAWLER
And it’ll serve him right for his cowardly attack last year!

With Sheamus crawling across the tiled floor and Triple H smiling as he follows the Irish superstar, Sheamus finally gets a shot in as he unexpectantly lunges at Triple H and catches him with a low blow. Triple H sinks to his knees for a moment as Sheamus slithers out of the door and out of sight but the Game is back on his feet – wincing a little – and following seconds later. As Triple H gets out of the Gent’s Restroom, he looks around and there is no sign of Sheamus but there are numerous members of the WWE Universe pointing towards a door to his left that is still swinging as if someone just escaped through it. Hunter follows and heads through the door where there are less fans looking for his enemy. He walks with a purpose through another door and grabs a security guard and demands to know where Sheamus has gone. The guard points down the concourse and Triple H continues to follow the trail looking for Sheamus. Calling out his name, the Game bursts through several doors in pursuit of Sheamus and ends up in the WWE backstage area where there is still no sign of Sheamus.

TRIPLE H
Where are you, Sheamus? Where are you, you coward?

Hunter continues the search into the parking lot where there is another ambulance waiting and several limos as well as the WWE trucks that cart the equipment around. Triple H is not interested in these though, just the whereabouts of Sheamus, and he looks round carefully anticipating a sneak attack any moment. He is right to try and be careful because Sheamus suddenly appears out of Hunter’s view until his right boot connects and Sheamus lays the Game down with the Brogue Kick to the jeers of the WWE Universe watching in Madison Square Garden. Sheamus drags Hunter up now, the red blood drying out on his face, and slams him into the side of several vehicles as he seeks to inflict some pain on Hunter now. He scoops Triple H up and slams him onto some boxes and Triple H writhes in pain as Sheamus staggers away still feeling the effects of the beating he has already taken. Sheamus shouts out ‘Fella, now, over here!’ before beckoning off screen ... a beeping noise signals that the second ambulance is reversing towards Sheamus and Triple H and Sheamus drags Triple H towards it. When the ambulance stops, Sheamus slams Triple H head first into the side of the ambulance before opening the doors out and slamming one into his head again. Sheamus takes Triple H by the neck and leads him to the back of the ambulance ...

SHEAMUS
You should really have stayed away from me, fella ...

Sheamus throws Triple H head first into the ambulance and then lifts his feet in after him before he shuts the door and turns to celebrate. A WWE referee looks confused but no bell signals from the ringside area and the referee listens to his earpiece as Sheamus lifts his arms to be crowned the winner. However, the referee starts to tell Sheamus that he has not won the match and that he has to put Sheamus in the designated ambulance out in the arena. The crowd roar for this decision but Sheamus is irate and throws a fit about it.

MICHAEL COLE
Sheamus looks ready to explode now, he thought he had the match won there!

MATT STRIKER
That’s the first time that they’ve specified an ambulance. I think Sheamus has every right to question that decision ...

JERRY LAWLER
Give over, Matt, Sheamus and Triple H need to throw each other in the ambulance near the ring. The WWE Universe should be able to witness the end of the match live, not on a big screen!

Sheamus begins to calm down a little and regain his composure although he remains irate that he has just been denied the win. He goes to open the door but hesitates when has another moan at the referee ... suddenly, Triple H explodes out of the ambulance and resumes his beating of Sheamus instead! He wrestles Sheamus down to the concrete floor where he pounds him with right hands before dragging him up and throwing him into the closed doors of the ambulance. A stretcher slides out of the ambulance and Hunter lifts it up and hammers it down onto the exposed back of Sheamus who writhes around on the hard ground in pain. Sheamus attempts to escape but Hunter wraps a wire from the ambulance around his throat and drags him away before slamming him against a wall. Sheamus’ eyes are wide open as he looks into the eyes of Triple H, the cerebral assassin, with a look of intense fear now showing. Triple H laughs as he moves in on Sheamus again but the Irishman manages to hit a kick to the knee of Hunter that gives him some space. He manages to escape away from Hunter and climbs up the ladder on the side of the ambulance and onto the top out of reach ... Hunter though is not to be denied and he follows Sheamus up the ladder onto the top of the ambulance. As he reaches the top, his exposed head is kicked hard by Sheamus who is trying to force Triple H off the ladder and down into a ten foot fall to the ground.

Triple H doggedly hangs on but Sheamus defends himself and his position well. He keeps kicking the head and the fingers of Triple H before he decides to drag Triple H up to join him on top of the ambulance. With Hunter a little dazed from the kicks, Sheamus drops down and hits another low blow to leaves Triple H in a crumpled heap on the top of the ambulance. He drags him to his feet and then lifts him high onto his shoulders ... Sheamus is setting up the Irish Curse! Surely Sheamus is not going to drop Triple H from the top of the ambulance to the concrete floor? WWE officials stream out waving at Sheamus to stop as does RAW GM Shawn Michaels and WWE owner, Chip Butty.

CHIP BUTTY
Don’t do that, Sheamus, I will fire you instantly if you do!

Sheamus considers his actions for a moment and then looks set to ignore the threats from the owner of the company. He lifts Triple H high on his shoulders and drops Triple H down ... Irish Curse on the top of the ambulance instead! Triple H is destroyed on the roof of the ambulance but it could be a lot worse ... Sheamus drops down the ladder and stares into the eyes of HBK who it seems must avoid confronting him as he ignores him. Medics rush out and climb the ladders to attend to Hunter who is laid out on top of the ambulance and WWE officials try to usher Sheamus away from the ambulance and out of the way.

MICHAEL COLE
A hush has fallen over the arena here at Madison Square Garden ... People cannot believe what Sheamus just did and what he could have just done.

MATT STRIKER
The match is over, folks, there is now way that Triple H can continue after that.

JERRY LAWLER
I wouldn’t be so sure about that, look, he’s trying to get up ...

Triple H gets to his knees on top of the ambulance and begins to shrug off the attentions of the medics as he looks round for Sheamus. He spots him twenty yards away and tries to get to the ladder but HBK jumps up the ladder and tries to talk sense into his friend. However, there is no reasoning with Hunter and he ignores Michaels and gets down the ladder before heading towards Sheamus and scattering the officials and doctors out of the way. Triple H reaches Sheamus but misses with a right hand and Sheamus takes advantage as he levels Triple H with a clubbing blow to the back of the head ...

MICHAEL COLE
The match is over, Triple H cannot continue! Stop the damn match!

MATT STRIKER
Triple H won’t stop, Michael, he is the one that is stalking after Sheamus!

MICHAEL COLE
The match has to be stopped for Hunter’s safety. Who knows what Sheamus might do to him now? He must be suffering a concussion!

JERRY LAWLER
I don’t like agreeing with you, Cole, but I think you may be right.

Triple H is again surrounded by medics and officials as Sheamus stands back with a big smile on his face. Again, the officials try to hold Hunter back but he won’t be held and escapes and rushes – wobbling a little – after Sheamus and jumps him again. Sheamus covers up and Triple H hits a few punches and they begin to stagger down the hallowed halls of the Garden. Sheamus tries to escape as he realises that Triple H is intent on continuing and it is clear that Sheamus has decided to get out towards the ring and the ambulance to end the match. Sheamus taunts Triple H with comments like ‘Come on then, fella!’ and ‘Old timer, come on, keep up!’ and Triple H continues to stagger after the Celtic Warrior. The cameras switch back into the arena and Sheamus heads out onto the stage and positions himself out of view ... as Triple H heads out onto the stage, he cannot see Sheamus until it is too late. Bam! Brogue Kick! Triple H – who probably had a concussion – is sent crashing to the ground again on the stage where Sheamus stands over his prone, limp body with a broad smile on his face.

Sheamus poses to annoy the WWE Universe in the Garden before he drags Hunter back to his feet with the referee pleading with him to end the match now. He drags the Game to the ambulance where the doors remain open and slams him head first into one of the doors slamming it shut ... Triple H is a crumpled heap at the back of the ambulance now and it seems only a matter of time. Sheamus opens the doors wide and the dark ambulance space beckons for Triple H’s body. Sheamus lifts him by the shoulders and tries to force him into the ambulance but Triple H unbelievably begins to resist and holds onto the side of the ambulance defying Sheamus one more time. Sheamus gets frustrated and begins to pound the back of Triple H over and over again with clubbing forearms. With Triple H now seemingly beaten, Sheamus lifts him and shoves him into the ambulance with a thud. He closes one of the doors and, with a huge grin on his face, goes to close the final door. Amazingly, the door fails to close and stays an inch open as Triple H again begins to fight back out of the ambulance ... Sheamus tries to shove the door closed but Hunter manages to force it open and eventually it opens wide into the face of Sheamus who is knocked back. Triple H staggers out of the ambulance so the match continues ... he casts a slightly confused look back into the ambulance before he stalks after Sheamus with a look of intent on his face. He grabs Sheamus’ legs and delivers a crushing boot to the ‘lower abdomen’ that leaves Sheamus writhing allover the floor. With a laugh, Triple H staggers off towards the ring as the crowd chant ‘This is Awesome!’ ...

MICHAEL COLE
What is it going to take for one of these men to win this match?

JERRY LAWLER
I’m not sure that anything is going to be able to stop Triple H, ahhhh, sledgehammer!

Triple H has reached underneath the ring and has pulled out his trusty sledgehammer and the WWE Universe goes wild as they now realise that Triple H is ready to finish Sheamus and punish him for all the time he has missed. Sheamus backs away as Hunter approaches him but he reaches the ring and has nowhere left to go ... Sheamus is sat with his back against the ring and is pleading with Triple H to show mercy ... but there is no chance of that from the Game! He stands over Sheamus with the sledgehammer in hand daring Sheamus to get to his feet. Sheamus witters away and tries to kick out at the Game but he is wise to that and avoids it. Sheamus slowly lifts himself up, his eyes firmly on the sledgehammer before trying to get into the ring ... the first time the ring has been used in the match! However, he never makes it to the ring as Triple H hits him in the side with the hammer and Sheamus feels the intense pain that only Triple H with a sledge hammer can cause. As Sheamus staggers round, Triple H sets himself and then uses the hammer to hit Sheamus in the head and sends the Celtic Warrior down to the ground and out cold ...

Triple H takes in the adulation of the crowd and looks down at Sheamus at his feet – as if he is bowing down to the King of Kings. Triple H tosses the hammer aside and lifts Sheamus up one more time ... Pedigree! Probably unnecessary but Triple H puts the cherry on the cake with a Pedigree to finish Sheamus once and for all. Revenge is going to be Triple H’s as he drags a lifeless Sheamus towards the ambulance to deafening cheers from the Garden crowd. The Game opens the doors of the ambulance and lifts Sheamus’ head and upper torso into the ambulance ... followed by his legs ... Hunter’s energy levels are low and he walks round to close one door ... He goes to close the second door to win the match ... WHACK!

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a hand clutching a steel pipe has smashed Triple H in the skull as Sheamus did to the Game back the night after WrestleMania ... Who was it? Who just levelled the Game? Sheamus is still lying face down on the ambulance floor although he is showing signs of movement. There doesn’t appear to be anyone else in the ambulance and there is no sign of a steel pipe. Who just smashed Triple H in the head? Sheamus fights out of the ambulance and sits down stunned on the ramp ... He looks back into the ambulance and blinks several times at the sight of the Game on his back on the ramp ... He summons all the last reserves of strength that he has left and lifts Triple H up and into the ambulance. With one last shove, he manages to get Triple H into the ambulance and closes one door ... then the second! Sheamus has beaten Triple H!

WINNER: Sheamus (26:32)

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner ... SHEAMUS!

The crowd boo Sheamus as he falls back onto the ramp with one hand in the air in celebration holding his head and wiping the still trickling blood from his face ... The crowd are majorly upset at the interference that they saw but the questions remain about what happened to Triple H as he was about to close the door and win the match ...

MICHAEL COLE
What a courageous effort from the Celtic Warrior, Sheamus!

JERRY LAWLER
That may be the case, Cole, but he didn’t win the match fairly. Triple H had him beat and somebody smashed Triple H in the head with a steel pipe. We saw it, it wasn’t the hand of Sheamus, that is certain ... Who was it?

MICHAEL COLE
Wait a minute, the ambulance is leaving. Whoever it was must still be in the ambulance with Triple H ...

The ambulance driver is slowly driving the ambulance out of the arena when he is suddenly disturbed from behind and the brake lights are on ... the driver door opens and out of the ambulance jumps ... HORNSWOGGLE! Hornswoggle jumps out of the ambulance and rushes back to the ramp where he kneels beside Sheamus with a look of pleasure on his face ... it’s a look we haven’t seen on Hornswoggle for a while, an evil and sinister smile and he looks down into his hands ... there he is holding a steel pipe confirming the fact that it was him that smashed Hunter in the head ... As Sheamus battles up, he takes Hornswoggle with him and the little Irishman helps the Celtic Warrior out of the arena.

MICHAEL COLE
King, I don’t believe it ... Hornswoggle!

JERRY LAWLER
Hornswoggle did this? I thought he was the DX mascot?

MATT STRIKER
The little Irish man comes to the aid of the big Irish man ... But why has he turned against Triple H?

MICHAEL COLE
Hornswoggle with the shocking blow to the head of the Game and Sheamus has picked up a huge victory!

JERRY LAWLER
Tomorrow night on RAW is going to be unbearable with him going on about this win ...

MICHAEL COLE
That being said, tomorrow night on RAW will be the first official night of the HBK era as Shawn Michaels takes over as GM of RAW without the laptop!

The cameras switch to the backstage area where Todd Grisham is stood with the RAW General Manager, Shawn Michaels. The crowd pop as they see HBK on the big screens and he smiles a wide smile as the ‘HBK!’ chants flood the Garden ... Eventually, when the crowd calm down a little, Grisham can begin the interview ...

TODD GRISHAM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m here with the RAW General Manager, Shawn Michaels ... Shawn, you revealed yourself tonight but why did it take so long?

SHAWN MICHAELS
Todd, I was enjoying my time off from all the travel and the day to day business of wrestling. I wanted some time off after my retirement so when Vince McMahon offered me the General Manager role ... I couldn’t refuse it but I accepted it on my terms. We agreed that I could control RAW via emails and then – quite aptly as it goes – would return at Cyber Sunday ...

TODD GRISHAM
There have been many critics of this approach, Shawn ... most notably, the Rated R Superstar ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Edge, Edge, Edge. There have been many critics over the years of the way Edge conducts himself so I’m not going to lose sleep over his comments. But I’m here now, I’m back ... and Edge – and Jericho if he ever comes back – can expect a rough ride whilever I’m in town!

TODD GRISHAM
I believe that you have a few announcements you wish to make?

SHAWN MICHAELS
That’s true, Todd ... Over the past few months, I’ve needed a mouthpiece. Someone to read my emails out to the WWE Universe. I hear you booing, you know who I mean ... Michael Cole. Recently, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler have been having a few ... ‘issues’ ... and I am here to sort them out. It is clear to me that neither of these men can work with each other ...

The camera flicks back to Cole and Lawler who are listening intently to the words of HBK ... Cole looks a little worried about what might be coming next ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
... in which case, we’d better have them working apart hadn’t we?

The crowd cheer as they wait for HBK’s next suggestion ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
So, seeing as it is Cyber Sunday ... I’d better give the fans what they want! Therefore, later tonight, it will be Michael Cole against Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler in a match ...

The crowd explode at that idea and the camera shows a beaming Lawler and an irate Cole at the announce table ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
... and the winner will get to stay here on RAW but the loser will ... have to make alternative arrangements!

More cheers from the WWE Universe and Michael Cole looks worried and indignant at the table. Lawler is trying hard not to smile too much but it is clear that he is delighted with the chance to break his partnership with Michael Cole! HBK is shown again with a smile on his face when into the shot comes the SMACKDOWN General Manager, Teddy Long, and the pair shake hands and greet each other pleasantly ...

TEDDY LONG
Holla, playa, great to see you here. The new RAW General Manager hey?

SHAWN MICHAELS
That’s right, Teddy ... and I remember that I said I’d be here to see you tonight as well?

TEDDY LONG
You did, playa. I think you said you had a proposition for me?

SHAWN MICHAELS
That’s right ... In four weeks, it’ll be the Survivor Series, Teddy, so I’m here to lay down a challenge to you. Five RAW guys, five SMACKDOWN guys, a SMACKDOWN vs. RAW elimination match ... and the winning brand gets to take any member of the losing brand’s roster! What ya say, Teddy?

TEDDY LONG
Oh, you want to raise the stakes do you, playa? I’m happy with that ... I’ve got a few ideas already about who I’d like to take from your show! SMACKDOWN could make good use of people like John Cena and Randy Orton ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
If your boys can beat my boys, Teddy, then you can take whoever you want ... I’ll see you at Survivor Series!

The two General Manager’s shake hands and separate as the PPV heads into a commercial for WrestleMania 27 ...

*** THIS FIRE BURNS ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is set for one fall. Introducing first, Chicago, Illinois, weighing 222 pounds ... C.M. PUNK!

Punk heads down to the ring – kneeling at the top of the ramp – with a concerned look in his eye. He gets into the ring and rolls his hands around as he awaits his opponent ...

JERRY LAWLER
You’d better take a good look at this match, Cole, it’s a SMACKDOWN match ... it might be the only option you have in a little while!

MICHAEL COLE
King, you gotta’ do something. You can’t seriously want to break our partnership ... can you?

King smiles a knowing smile and Cole wipes a bead of sweat off his head as he turns to face the ring again ...

*** MASSACRE ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
And his opponent ... weighin 292 pounds ... LUKE GALLOWS!

MICHAEL COLE
This is ridiculous, King, I’m the voice of RAW, there is no way HBK can do this!

JERRY LAWLER
Hey, Cole, the General Manager has spoken. I’m just following his orders ... And I quote ... “Therefore, later tonight, it will be ...”

MICHAEL COLE
Oh, give it a rest, King, I’ve been reading out his emails for the past six months, I deserve better than this ...

The camera focuses on Josh Matthews and Eve Torres on the stage again ... they are ready to announce the result of the WWE Universe’s voting regarding the referee in this match ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time to discover if you, the WWE Universe, have decided to appoint the Big Show as Special Referee for this match?

EVE TORRES
So it is CM Punk against Luke Gallows ...

EVE TORRES
... with Big Show as the referee!

CM Punk holds his head in his hands as the music of the Special Referee for the match rings outs around the arena ... The crowd seem pleased with the outcome ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***

Big Show heads out wearing a black and white striped shirt and smiling and waving at the crowd as he heads to the ring. Once he gets there, he looks at CM Punk with a grin on his face and Punk looks worried as he faces the giant ...

CM PUNK vs. LUKE GALLOWS
(SPECIAL REFEREE: BIG SHOW)

The match starts with Punk arguing with the Big Show about whether or not he is going to be impartial or not tonight ... Show laughs at Punk and then forces his face straight and signals that he is going to count three correctly. Punk looks at him with distrust and then turns to face Gallows who smashes him in the face with an uppercut that sends Punk reeling back. Gallows stalks Punk and clubs him over and over on the back as Punk tries to escape ... Gallows looks pumped up after the grief that he has received from Punk in the past months as a member of the SES. Punk runs at Gallows to try and catch him off guard but Gallows lifts him up onto his back and delivers a Samoan Drop that squashes Punk to the mat. He goes for the pin, will Big Show count it fairly? 1 ... 2 ... Punk kicks out. Big Show counted it fairly – for now – and Gallows goes back to work on Punk. He props Punk up against the buckles in the corner and fires rights and lefts into his stomach but Big Show does his job and breaks this move as Punk is in the ropes ... Gallows looks a little perturbed by this but accepts the decision. As Punk tries to attack with a cheap shot, Gallows ducks and Punk hits the ropes before he is lifted up and dropped backwards face first by the bald headed former SES member.

With Punk struggling, Gallows advances towards him menacingly whilst Punk holds his hands up to try and put him off. He falls back into the corner as Gallows moves towards him and then grabs him with two hands by the throat and lifts him up and throws him down to the mat. Punk looks to escape under the rope but he is grabbed and dragged back into the ring where a short length clothesline crumples him up and down once again. Gallows hooks the leg and goes for the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... CM Punk lifts his foot onto the bottom rope! Fair play to Big Show, he calls it and points it out to Gallows. Again, Punk tries to escape under the bottom rope but Gallows catches him again too ... Punk counters by hanging Gallows up on the top rope before leaping up to the top rope and delivering a clothesline to the surprised Gallows. Punk grabs Gallows in a inverted headlock hold as he attempts to wear down the larger opponent and Big Show again looks for a submission from Gallows as he continues to call it down the line. Gallows, though, battles out and forces a break before dropping an elbow down onto the chest of Punk that leaves the Second City Saint gasping for air. Another pinfall ... 1 ... 2 ... Kick out from Punk. Both men get to their feet but Punk is a little quicker and he hits a dropkick that sends Gallows crashing down and gives him some breathing space for a moment ...

MATT STRIKER
Big Show continuing to call this one fair and square, guys. You’re a little quiet at the moment, Michael, you’re not worried about losing your job on RAW are you?

Jerry Lawler laughs at Striker’s comment as the match in the ring moves on. Punk hits a second drop kick and goes for a cover himself whilst he stares into the eyes of Show. For a moment, Show’s eyes flicker with opportunity but then he counts the fall again ... 1 ... 2 ... Gallows powers out! With Gallows on his knees, Punk looks to wear him down again with kicks to the arms and clubbing blows to the back but Gallows refuses to stay down and fights back with punches to Punk’s stomach. Punk hits two kicks to the side of Gallow’s head and then drags a him to his feet before lifting him towards his shoulders ... Could we see the GTS? No, Gallows breaks clear and then hits a kick to the head of Punk that derails him. Gallows senses a chance and delivers a clothesline followed by a series of right hands that keep crashing Punk down to the mat ... He whips Punk into the corner and clotheslines him into the corner before another big boot to take Punk down and the crowd get behind him as Big Show smiles. Gallows is building the momentum and he hits the ropes before delivering a running splash to Punk ... 1 ... 2 ... Oooh! Punk just gets his shoulder out! Big Show looks to be encouraging Gallows now and Gallows waits as Punk gets to his feet in the corner. He charges over but Punk avoids the contact and then hits a chopblock to take Gallows down before he delivers several kicks that leave Luke struggling on the mat.

Punk’s focus turns to the referee now and he complains about the encouragement being shown to Gallows. Big Show holds his hands up and shows he has been fair and impartial whilst Punk moves back to Gallows looking suspicious ... He eyes the Big Show as he lifts Gallows up onto his shoulders ... It’s time for the Go To Sleep and Punk hits it perfectly. He drops to his knees and covers his former protégé ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Big Show counts the pinfall and then Punk quickly rolls away to the corner as the winner.

WINNER: CM Punk (8:49) via pinfall

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner ... CM PUNK!

MATT STRIKER
Big Show calls the match fair and square and completely down the line.

MICHAEL COLE
An impressive victory for CM Punk there but he’s got to be wondering about Big Show’s motives for not cheating him out of the match there?

JERRY LAWLER
Not everybody is a lowlife, Cole, Big Show did the job that the WWE Universe gave him ... oh, wait a minute!

With his back turned for a moment, Big Show stalks up behind CM Punk with his fist clenched. Punk is taunting the crowd and Luke Gallows and is oblivious to the presence of the Big Show right behind him until he sees the smile on Gallows’ face ... Punk slowly turns round and faces Big Show for a second before ... BAM! Big Show punches CM Punk right in the jaw and knocks him cold in the middle of the ring. Show’s music begins and he leaves the ring with Luke Gallows with Punk lifeless in the ring ...

MICHAEL COLE
That was uncalled for ... Who’s in charge round here? Maybe the General Managers should be spending less time organising matches between commentators and more time stopping Big Show carrying around like he is doing ...

Lawler again chuckles at the desperate tint to Cole’s claims before we head to the backstage area where Todd Grisham is waiting with a special guest ...

TODD GRISHAM
Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time ... KOFI KINGSTON!

As usual, Kofi is beaming and looking like he is enjoying life in the WWE despite not having a match tonight ...

TODD GRISHAM
Tonight, Kofi, the World Heavyweight Title is on the line as Kane and the Undertaker meet. In your opinion, who do you see walking out of Cyber Sunday as the World Champion?

KOFI KINGSTON
Todd, I’ve faced both these men in the last few weeks and I can honestly say that it could not be a tougher call to make. I replaced the Undertaker in the match at No Mercy so I know how tough an opponent Kane can be. However, I think I had him beat that night until the lights and urns and everything ... I also believe that on another night, with a little bit more luck, I could have beat the Undertaker on SMACKDOWN in the Number 1 contender match. I’m going to predict, though, that the Undertaker will win tonight because of the three types of match that he has selected for the WWE Universe to vote on.

TODD GRISHAM
So you’re going with the Undertaker to win and take the title?

KOFI KINGSTON
I am and you know what? When the Undertaker or Kane wins tonight, I want to be the first man to get a shot at the title ... I think I deserve an opportunity – at the Survivor Series or on SMACKDOWN – to challenge for the World Championship. I am ready! Boom! Boom! Boom!

The crowd react well to Kingston as he fades away and the ring is back in shot. The cameras focus on the announce table and we see that Matt Striker is now stood alone without Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole ...

MATT STRIKER
Well, my broadcast colleagues have left me all alone now, both of them have gone to prepare for their match later tonight. Michael Cole against Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler and the loser will leave RAW ... I guess I’ll be seeing Michael Cole on Friday nights from now on!

*** NOT ENOUGH FOR ME ***

TONY CHIMEL
This match is set for one fall and it is for the WWE Divas Championship. Introducing first, from Miami, Florida, she is the Divas Champion ... LAYLA!

Layla heads to the ring looking stunning as ever with the Divas Championship belt around her waist to confirm her as the sole Divas Champion now after Chip Butty ordered the end of the co-champions, Laycool, weeks ago. She gets into the ring and poses on the ropes for the WWE Universe to see before turning to the stage to await news of her opponent ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
So, Layla is in the ring, but who will be her opponent tonight? Will it be Kelly Kelly? ... Melina? ... Or Michelle McCool?

Layla shakes her head frantically at the suggestion of Michelle McCool despite the cheers of the WWE Universe indicating that it is their preferred option. Attention turns towards Eve Torres ...

EVE TORRES
Well, let’s find out how the WWE Universe have voted ...

EVE TORRES
... Hahahaha! It’s Michelle McCool!

*** NOT ENOUGH FOR ME ***

TONY CHIMEL
Her opponent ... from Palatka, Florida ... MICHELLE McCOOL!

Michelle McCool heads to the ring with a look of determination on her face. She gets into the ring – dressed in her wrestling gear – and walks over to her best friend, Layla, who is smiling. The pair of them hug and Layla shakes her finger to the referee that there will be no need for him ... However, Michelle stops and starts talking to Layla. Layla’s smile vanishes as Michelle tries to convince her of something and she starts to argue with her friend about it. It is clear that Michelle is intending to challenge for the Divas Championship even though she told Layla she wouldn’t ... The bell rings and Michelle retreats to her corner and gets ready for the match. Layla stands dumbstruck in the opposite corner with the referee demanding the title belt from her.

LAYLA vs. MICHELLE McCOOL
(Divas Championship)

Layla hesitantly hands her Divas Championship over to the referee and then heads over to Michelle to resume their earlier discussion. She attempts to hug Michelle but she holds Layla away and talks to her about the Divas Championship. The referee joins the discussion and tries to encourage the pair to start the match but it seems as if Layla is refusing to defend her title against her best friend ... Michelle tries to reason with her but Layla continues to refuse and starts to walk over to her corner to get the belt and leave. Michelle McCool and the referee begin to talk with McCool looking annoyed that she will not get a chance to challenge for her friend’s title ... The referee tries to explain to Michelle about what might happen ... when suddenly, Layla sneaks up behind Michelle and pulls her down onto her shoulders in a quick schoolboy pin. The referee counts as a surprised Michelle is pinned ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Layla has defended her Divas Championship!

WINNER: Layla (1:05) via pinfall

TONY CHIMEL

Here is your winner and still Divas Champion ... LAYLA!

Layla quickly leaves the ring and demands her title belt back from the timekeeper before quickly scurrying round the ring and up the aisle. She looks back to the ring where an angry looking Michelle McCool is stood with her arms outstretched asking what Layla is doing. Layla lifts the Divas Championship high and just looks back into the eyes of her Laycool partner ...

MATT STRIKER
I guess that Layla decided that if Michelle could be sneaky and lie about not wanting to challenge for the title, then she could be sneaky too and snatch a quick win!

The cameras show Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler backstage fixing his strap over his shoulder and polishing his crown as he prepares to face his commentary partner, Michael Cole, in the next match. With a huge smile on his face, Lawler leaves the room and heads out to make his way to the ring. The camera now focuses on Michael Cole who is suited up still and is not prepared in the slightest. He is storming up the corridors and looking for somebody ... eventually he finds the door marked RAW GENERAL MANAGER and he tries to barge in ... but the door is locked. With no answer, he heads further up the corridor and walks into a locker room where he finds his buddy, the Miz, and his apprentice, Alex Riley ...

MICHAEL COLE
Miz, A-Ri, thank goodness that I’ve found you!

ALEX RILEY
What’s up, Michael? You look a little flustered!

MICHAEL COLE
Guys, I need your help! Have you heard about the match HBK has put me in?

ALEX RILEY
Yeah, man, that is a tough call. Good luck with that!

MICHAEL COLE
I was ... err, hoping that ... you could ... help me?

Miz and Riley look at each other uncomfortably and Cole realises that they might not be interested in helping out tonight ...

THE MIZ
You see, Michael Cole, I’m off now and A-Ri needs to come with me. I’ve got a party to go to tonight and I need A-Ri to ... to carry my briefcase for me.

MICHAEL COLE
But I thought ... you said ... Aren’t you waiting to see if you could cash in the Money in the Bank contract tonight?

THE MIZ
I was thinking about it, Michael, but I’ve decided against it. I’ve got plenty of time to cash in ...

MICHAEL COLE
So what about me then?

THE MIZ
I’m sure you’ll be fine, Michael, you can take Jerry Lawler out ... Good luck ...

Miz leaves the locker room whilst Michael Cole turns pleadingly to Alex Riley instead. He smiles, shrugs his shoulders and picks up the briefcase from the side ... and follows the Miz out of the door leaving Michael Cole stood with an exasperated look on his face ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is set for one fall and the loser will leave the Monday Night Raw commentary team!

*** THE GREAT GATE OF KIEV ***

JUSTIN ROBERTS
Introducing first, from Memphis, Tennessee ... JERRY ‘THE KING’ LAWLER!

MATT STRIKER
Well, here comes the King ... he looks very confident about this match!

Jerry Lawler heads to the ring with his crown in his hands and he enters the ring with a wave to the WWE Universe at ringside. He is met by a loud ‘Jerry! Jerry!’ chant and he grins whilst he takes off his robe and hands it to the referee for the match ... He then turns to look at the titantron and wait for his opponent, his partner ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
His opponent, from Amenia, New York ... he is the self proclaimed ‘Voice of the WWE’ ... MICHAEL COLE!

*** TEXAS FIGHT ***

The crowd jeer as the college music of Cole’s hometown in Texas is played to accompany his arrival. For at least 20 seconds, there is no sign of Cole but then he slowly makes his way out onto the stage area. He has taken his jacket and tie off but looks very wary of heading into the ring. He is carrying a microphone and he stops at the top of the ramp to speak ...

MICHAEL COLE
Can I have your attention please?

The crowd boo the hell out of Cole as he signals for them to shut up and let him speak to Lawler in the ring. He waits for the crowd to quieten a little before continuing ...

MICHAEL COLE
Jerry ... Jerry ... We don’t need to do this! HBK is just trying to drive a wedge between us ... Look, King, we’re a great team ... We are the voices of the WWE ...

More boos from the WWE Universe in the Garden as Cole tries to suck up to Lawler but the King just shakes his head at Cole with a smile on his face ...

MICHAEL COLE
King ... please ... We don’t need to fight. Let’s just shake hands and get on with doing what we do best. I understand now ... The Miz doesn’t care about me. I’ve taken it too far ... King, I’m sorry! I’m sorry, I’m sorry! We don’t need to have this match!

Another loud ‘Jerry!’ chant goes up as Lawler laughs from the ring at Cole’s feeble attempts at making up ...

MICHAEL COLE
King ... I’ll tell you what then. You can stay on RAW, I’ll go to SMACKDOWN instead. You can have the RAW commentary table, I don’t need it ... We don’t need the match, I’ve already ...

Cole is interrupted as his former nemesis, Daniel Bryan, sneaks up behind him and grabs him ... Bryan drags Cole down the ramp struggling and throws him under the bottom rope. Cole turns to face Bryan and yells at him but then the referee rings the bell and Cole slowly turns round to face Lawler instead ...

JERRY ‘THE KING’ LAWLER vs. MICHAEL COLE
(Loser leaves Monday Night Raw!)

Cole holds his hands up as King approaches him with a look of glee on his face. Cole’s worst fears are realised as King suddenly erupts with a volley of right hands that forces Cole back into the corner, over and over and over Lawler hits his partner hard before getting up and leaving Cole a crumpled mess in the corner of the ring. The WWE Universe cheer loudly and Lawler milks the moment for a while whilst Cole rolls round in anguish. Another ‘Jerry!’ chant starts and this inspires Lawler to go after Cole again and stomp kicks into the stomach of the ‘Voice of the WWE’ ...

MATT STRIKER
This is fabulous, this is ... VINTAGE Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler!

Lawler again allows Cole time to rest and to get his strength back as he waits in the opposite corner of the ring. As Cole struggles to his feet, holding the ropes to support himself, he turns his head to Lawler and pleads for mercy. Lawler refuses and advances towards him – suddenly, Cole decides to try a different approach and he launches a right hand of his own to Lawler that catches the King by surprise. Cole follows this up with a kick to the side and then a push to the side of King’s head ... however, Lawler then lifts his head up and now looks annoyed. He slowly eases the strap down and looks straight at Cole who knows the deal now. King again uses his fists to take Cole down and then delivers an elbow drop to leave him down on the mat. Lawler goes for the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... NO! Jerry Lawler lifts Cole up before the 3 count to the delight of the fans ...

As another ‘Jerry!’ chant echoes around the Garden, Lawler lifts Cole to his feet. Groggily, Cole looks up and King hits him square in the jaw before heading for the corner. He lifts himself onto the middle rope and holds up his fist before diving towards Cole and hitting him from high. He then lifts Cole to his feet and sets up for the Piledriver ... he pulls back and connects perfectly with it leaving Cole finished for sure ... Lawler makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Lawler keeps his job on RAW!

WINNER: Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler (4:29) via pinfall

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner ... JERRY ‘THE KING’ LAWLER!

Medical staff rush down to tend to Michael Cole who is flat on his back whilst Lawler – as if he’s just had a short stroll – heads back to the announce table to join Matt Striker. Cole is helped out of the arena on a stretcher whilst King has a drink of water and the Garden fans sing ‘Goodbye!’ to Michael Cole who has now lost his job on Monday Night Raw! As Cole’s stretcher reaches the top of the ramp, more music hits ...

*** BOOMER SOONER ***

The crowd in the Garden go wild as the familiar figure of Jim Ross appears on the stage with his cowboy hat on his head. He waves to the WWE Universe before pausing at the stretcher with the prone figure of Michael Cole on it ... he doffs his hat to Michael Cole with a huge slice of irony before walking down the ramp towards the ring. He walks around the ring where he meets with the King who gives him a huge hug before shaking hands with Matt Striker and sitting down besides them.

JIM ROSS
You looking for a new partner, King?

JERRY LAWLER
Why, do you know someone?! Welcome back JR!

JIM ROSS
Great job there, King, that showed Michael Cole exactly who was the ‘Voice of the WWE’ didn’t it?

MATT STRIKER
What an honour it is to have you back here, JR, you’re just in time for two huge championship matches as well!

JIM ROSS
That’s very kind of you, Matt, great to be back here! I’m really looking forward to these two matches and, first of all, we’ve got the WWE Championship on the line!

JERRY LAWLER
Will the WWE Universe allow John Cena to challenge for the WWE Championship with Wade Barrett or not?

A video package is played showing the build up to tonight’s potential Triple Threat match over the last few weeks since No Mercy when Wade Barrett defeated John Cena and earned the shot at Randy Orton ... Afterwards, the cameras return to the ring ...

*** VOICES ***

With the WWE Championship over his shoulder, the champions heads out first looking sure of himself and confident of victory. He climbs into the ring and poses in the corner with the WWE Title as the Garden goes wild for the popular champion as he prepares to defend it against Wade Barrett ... but will John Cena be getting a title match as well?

*** WE ARE ONE ***

Surprisingly, Wade Barrett is not accompanied by his Nexus team-mates for once and he cockily heads towards the ring for the biggest opportunity of his career so far. He gets into the ring and stands across the ring from Orton admiring the WWE gold draped over the Viper’s shoulder with a look of longing in his eyes.

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

Cena comes bounding out dressed in his purple shirt and saluting the crowd in his usual way. With the younger members of the WWE Universe cheering him, the noise is deafening as Cena makes his way into the ring prepared for battle. He throws his hat and shirt into the crowd and then salutes them before turning to admire the championship belt over the shoulder of Randy Orton. Attention now turns to the pair of Josh Matthews and Eve Torres yet again ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
The WWE Universe have been voting all night long and now we’ve got the penultimate set of results of the night. Will you vote for John Cena to be in the WWE Championship match tonight? Or not?

EVE TORRES
The answer is ...

EVE TORRES
... Err, no. Sorry, John ...

Cena looks up at the titantron in amazement as the Cenation in the Garden boo the result. 68% of those who voted have decided that Cena should not be in the title match tonight. Cena looks upset whilst Wade Barrett looks overjoyed by the decision and applauds the WWE Universe ... As Cena wanders around the ring, he stops and looks into the eyes of the WWE Champion Randy Orton. Orton tilts his head to stare at Cena who says something that makes Orton narrow his eyes for a moment.

JERRY LAWLER
I can’t believe it, JR, no John Cena in the match? I thought he was certain to be voted in!

JIM ROSS
I guess nobody can predict the actions of the WWE Universe, King, they obviously don’t want Cena in the match at all!

Cena looks upset as he starts to climb out of the ring ... as he does so, Barrett rushes from out of his view and hits him with a forearm to the back of the head which sends Cena flying down to the ground and into the barricade. An irate Cena turns around groggily to confront Barrett but he is already back in the ring and laughing ... as Cena looks to re-enter the ring, the other members of Nexus pour out from the back and drag Cena back down and back up the ramp. Cena puts up a brave fight as they slowly make their way out of the arena ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is set for one fall and it is for ... the WWE Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Manchester, England, weighing 260 pounds ... WADE BARRETT!

Barrett turns to Orton and holds his hand up high before pointing to the Nexus armband on his bicep out. Orton’s face remains unmoved as he continues to stare out over the ring ignoring the other issues around him and completely focused ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
His opponent, from St. Louis, Missouri, weighing 245 pounds ... he is the WWE Champion ... RANDY ORTON!

Orton slowly raises the WWE Title up high and then looks up at the title and back down at Barrett ... he smiles a vindictive smile and then hands the WWE Title to the referee as he prepares to take on the challenge of Barrett.

JIM ROSS
I have to tell you, gentlemen, I’ve been watching NXT and RAW over the past few months, this young man, Wade Barrett, is the real deal in my opinion. He is a legitimate danger, with or without his Nexus friends, to the WWE Title reign of Randy Orton ...

MATT STRIKER
No doubt about it, Randy Orton needs to bring his best here tonight if he is to retain the WWE Championship ...

RANDY ORTON vs. WADE BARRETT
(WWE Championship)

Orton and Barrett circle each other in the middle of the ring as the bell sounds to kick off the match for the WWE Championship. The two come close on a couple of occasions with Orton threatening to strike an RKO immediately and Barrett wisely backing off ... Eventually, Barrett moves in and the pair lock up and grapple towards the ropes with Barrett pushing Orton into the corner. He launches several right hands but Orton manages to escape and again threatens the RKO without actually delivering it ... He manages a slight smile as he looks at the worried look on the face of Barrett but is then caught unaware by Barrett as he connects with a right hand this time and takes control. Several uppercuts are followed by a whip to the corner but as Barrett moves in, Orton explodes out of the corner with a clothesline. As Barrett gets up, Orton hits a second clothesline and then a third while the WWE Universe cheer their approval and an ‘RKO!’ chant echoes through the garden.

With Barrett down, Orton locks in a leg scissors hold and clamps his long legs around the waist of his challenger. Barrett strains and pulls to release himself but Orton is too strong and Barrett instead looks to make his way over to the nearest rope. He gets there with a lunge and the referee forces Orton to break the leg scissors ... Orton takes a step back and waits as Barrett gets to his feet and turns round ... RKO? Barrett drops to his knees and rolls out of the ring in fright as Orton eyes him with a knowing look ... Orton so close to the RKO again there. He follows Barrett out of the ring and shoulder charges him into the barricades back first so that Barrett has the air forced out of him as he connects. Orton then rolls Barrett back under the rope into the ring. First pinfall of the match ... 1 ... 2 ... Barrett with the kick out! Orton gets to his feet and waits, Barrett swings at him wildly but misses and finds himself dragged into an inverted backbreaker across the back of his opponent. With Barrett down and wincing in pain, Orton begins to stomp at the exposed limbs of the challenger as he targets the elbows, wrists, shoulders, ankles and knees of Barrett with increasing venom. With each kick, the Garden fans cheer and Barrett yells out in pain as Orton teaches the young pretender a lesson about WWE Championship matches ...

JIM ROSS
Wade Barrett is being taught a lesson here by the Viper, Randy Orton, King, Barrett needs to get some distance between them doesn’t he?

JERRY LAWLER
He does, JR, Barrett can’t just let Orton have his way with him ...

MATT STRIKER
Randy Orton needs to hit the RKO now while he is in control of this match though!

Orton drops to his knees and starts pounding the mat as he prepares once again to hit the RKO to Barrett to end the match as soon as possible. However, Barrett again manages to avoid the RKO by pushing Orton away at the last moment and then dropping under the ropes and sitting on the edge of the ring to recover. Big mistake! Orton drags him head first through the ropes and pounds at Barrett’s head for a moment before setting up for a DDT in the ropes. With Barrett hung up on the middle rope by his feet, Orton pauses to let the anticipation build before falling down and drilling Barrett’s head into the mat ... The crowd go wild as Orton slithers back to his feet and again he sets himself up for the RKO ... Will he be able to hit the RKO this time? No ... Barrett again pushes Orton away into the ropes and as Orton bounces back towards him, Barrett lifts him up and delivers a spinebuster to give him some time to recover from the beating he has taken so far!

Now Barrett has taken control and he looks to punish Orton for the early stages of the match as he sets his sight on winning the WWE Championship. He throws Orton into the ropes again and hits a spinning side slam that allows him to hook a leg immediately and make the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... Orton escapes! More uppercuts follow from Barrett as he forces Orton back into the corner of the ring before reeling back for a big knockout punch. Orton sees it coming and ducks out of the way but Barrett rounds quickly and hits a boot to the head to stop Orton from building any momentum. With Orton down, Barrett beams at the Madison Square Garden crowd and holds his hands out before gesturing to the Nexus armband on his upper arm which guarantees the boos and jeers that rain down on him. Barrett lifts himself up to the middle rope and dives off and hits a perfect elbow drop before hooking the leg once more ... 1 ... 2 ... Orton kicks out. Barrett drags Orton up and positions his head between his knees as he stands ready to deliver a big move. He lifts Orton up high for a powerbomb – will Orton fight out of it? No! Boom! Powerbomb from Randy Orton ... will this be it? 1 ... 2 ... Orton just kicks out to save his WWE Championship! A frustrated looking Barrett gets on with the job though and whips Orton into the corner again before smashing him over and over with forearm smashes in the corner to the dismay of the fans in the Garden. Barrett signals to the crowd that he is going to be the WWE Champion as he makes the symbol of the belt across his waist ... However, Orton suddenly hits a kick to his knee and attempts a fightback. Both men launch fierce right hands to each other with the crowd cheering for Orton’s and booing Barrett’s ... It doesn’t help Orton though as Barrett again resorts to a big boot to floor Orton once more and regain control.

Barrett stands over the body of Orton and smirks as he drags him up and lifts him up onto his shoulders. The crowd begin to rise to their feet as Barrett looks to get Orton into position for his finishing manoeuvre, the Wastelands ...

MATT STRIKER
Wade has beaten Orton twice already using this move!

JIM ROSS
We could be about to see a new WWE Champion here!

Barrett looks around with a smile on his face as he prepares to drop Orton down to the canvas with Wastelands ... However, Orton suddenly wriggles clear and drops down the back of Wade Barrett who looks shocked. As Barrett turns round, Orton leaps back up ... RKO! Randy Orton hits Wade Barrett with a devastating RKO! Both men are down on the mat; can Orton make the cover? Slowly, Orton inches his way over to Barrett and manages to hook the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... NO! Barrett manages to kick out and the time that it took Orton to capitalise on the RKO has cost him the 3 count and the victory there. With Orton still down, Barrett rolls himself out of the ring and drops down to the floor outside out of reach and safe from a pinfall. As Orton gets to his feet, he looks around for Barrett but he cannot see him and he takes a while to look round for the challenger. As he looks over the right ropes, Barrett grabs his feet and drags him down to the mat with a crash and then out under the bottom rope. Barrett slams Orton into the barricades before hitting forearm smashes again that leave Orton wobbling on his feet. Barrett rushes at the WWE’s APEX Predator but he is caught with a drop toe hold and Barrett’s upper body lands on the unforgiving steel steps to the delight of the Orton fans around the ring.

Orton stalks after a wounded Barrett and follows him round to the announce table where Matt Striker, Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross are sat. He lifts Barrett up and drop him down onto the edge of the announce table; as Barrett comes back up clutching his chest, Orton hits a vicious clothesline that sends Barrett crashing to the floor. Orton looks for an RKO on the outside this time but Barrett again fights out of it and, with his last ounce of strength for now, he manages to push Orton directly into the steel ring post where Orton’s head hits the post and both men collapse to the floor. The referee begins his count now ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... Barrett is up first and he rolls Orton into the ring to break the countout to ensure he has a chance of winning the title. Barrett follows in and the referee admonishes him as he drags Orton straight back out of the ring for further punishment. Barrett whips Orton into the announce table and he hits the small of his back on the hard table that leaves Orton slowly falling to his knees in anguish. The referee exits the ring and now demands that Barrett returns to the ring which he does ... The count is on, will Orton get back into the ring?

JERRY LAWLER
If he has any sense, Orton should stay where he is and retain the title. However, I don’t think that Orton will take that route out of this match!

JIM ROSS
You know it, King, Orton won’t take the easy way out. He’s a 7 time WWE Champion for a reason and it isn’t because he’s a quitter!

JERRY LAWLER
But will he be able to make it back into the ring? The referee is already at 5!

Orton is showing signs of life and is starting to move on his knees towards the ring with an anxious looking Wade Barrett threatening to go out and get him if he needs to. The referee, whilst holding Barrett back at times, continues to count ... ... 6 ... 7 ... 8 ... 9 ... As Barrett makes to go out and get Orton, he makes a last second lunge and climbs back into the ring just in time. Barrett breathes a sigh of relief and then goes towards Orton to regain his control ... he drags Orton up but Orton looks to surprise Barrett with a quick RKO ... Barrett sees it coming and holds onto the ropes so that Orton crashes down to the mat and has failed with the RKO for about the fifth time already tonight. Barrett lifts Orton up, looking for Wastelands again, up onto his shoulders ... and this time he hits it perfectly on Orton, crashing him down to the mat from the top of his six foot frame. Orton is down, his title reign is surely over now ... Barrett goes for the pin ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! NO! Orton kicks out, just! Barrett cannot believe what has just happened and he kicks the ropes in frustration before arguing the decision with the referee. He thought that he had the match won there!

As Barrett turns his focus back to Orton, he has left too long for the champion to get himself back on track and a brawl develops between them. The referee tries to split the warring pair up and then gets hit by accident by Orton he swings for Wade Barrett. With the referee down and clutching at his chest where he was hit, Orton manages to hit the Olympic Slam to the delight of the fans in the arena. He drops down and pounds the mat as he prepares, as he stalks, as he waits for Barrett to get to his feet ... RKO! Orton with the RKO! Makes the cover ... Where is the referee? The crowd urge the referee to get up and go and make the three count as Orton covers the challenger. Eventually, Orton releases the pin and moves over to the official who he tries to encourage back to his feet ... However, the referee is down hurt and is not getting up yet. Orton looks over to Barrett who is beginning to move on the mat and a look passes over his face ... the crowd realise what Orton is thinking and they go wild as the WWE Champions backs himself into the corner where he is watching Barrett getting to his knees ... Orton rocks in the corner, ready to explode ... He watches and waits for Barrett to be in perfect position for the punt to the skull. However, the cavalry are arriving as Nexus race down the aisle to the aid of their leader: Skip Sheffield, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga and Heath Slater. They slide into the ring and head straight towards Orton who throws the punches to take down the first two, Slater and Otunga, but then he is worked over by Sheffield and Gabriel with the other two joining in as the beatdown begins.

Wade Barrett realises what is happening and he wisely goes and pushes the referee out of the ring so that Nexus can continue their assault. With Orton down on the mat, Barrett orders Gabriel to climb the ropes as the other members of Nexus back away. Gabriel does as his leader tells him and climbs the ropes with the crowd buzzing in anticipation of seeing one of the most deadly finishing moves in the WWE. Gabriel composes himself and then hurls himself over and hits the 450 splash on Orton leaving him as easy prey for Wade Barrett who will now surely become the WWE Champion. The crowd begin to roar though as John Cena now comes hurtling out of the backstage area towards the ring and he jumps into the ring to brawl with Nexus. He sends Slater, Otunga and a wounded Gabriel out of the ring quickly whilst Barrett escapes from the ring in the knowledge that if the referee disqualifies somebody then he won’t win the title. Cena lifts Sheffield to his shoulders and hits the Attitude Adjustment to the cheers of the WWE Universe but Cena looks round at them with a look of hurt on his face. It is clear that Cena is still upset about not being a part of this match and he looks round at each side of the Garden with a pained expression on his face ... Orton gets to his feet now that he has had time to recover and Cena seems to make up his mind about something. He lifts Orton to his shoulders and hits an Attitude Adjustment to the WWE Champion before rolling out of the ring and storming up the ramp and out of sight ... The WWE Universe look puzzled and confused as Cena leaves and then they notice that the referee is climbing back into the ring.

JERRY LAWLER
What was John Cena thinking there?

MATT STRIKER
King, he’s clearly upset that he wasn’t a part of this match. Cena wants to be the WWE Champion and he has been denied that chance tonight.

JIM ROSS
That may be so but he has achieved nothing with what he just did to Orton. Here comes Wade Barrett ...

Barrett rolls into the ring and covers the WWE Champion again as the referee gets himself sorted. Will this be the end of Randy Orton’s reign as the WWE Champion? 1 ... 2 ... Orton barely kicks out! The WWE Universe go wild as Orton kicks out to the astonishment of Wade Barrett! He looks amazed but he drags Orton back to his feet and lifts him up for a second Wastelands of the match ... Barrett has Orton on his shoulders but again Orton wriggles out of it and hits a devastating RKO! The Garden roar their approval as Orton collapses over Barrett to make the pinfall ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! Randy Orton retains the WWE Championship!

WINNER: Randy Orton (18:49) via pinfall

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner and still WWE Champion ... RANDY ORTON!

As the crowd go wild, replays of the main points of the match are shown. The cameras switch back to Randy Orton who is holding the WWE Championship up as the referee raise his hand in victory ...

JIM ROSS
Against all the odds, Randy Orton has survived tonight and has retained the WWE Championship! What a match!

JERRY LAWLER
Nexus, Cena, the injured referee, none of them could deny Randy Orton from retaining the gold, what a win for the Viper!

MATT STRIKER
But what about the actions of John Cena? I would not like to be in his shoes on RAW tomorrow night when Orton gets to him!

JIM ROSS
That may be true, Matt, I guess that you and I, King, will have to find out tomorrow night on RAW? With no Michael Cole?

JERRY LAWLER
I guess we will, JR, no Michael Cole! Fired from RAW!

JIM ROSS
Up next, it’s our final match of the evening as the World Heavyweight Champion, Kane, defends against his brother, the Undertaker ...

A video package is shown that tells the story of how Kane and the Undertaker ended up here tonight. Starting with Kane’s search for the person who left his brother in a vegetative state, Kane’s Money in the Bank win and World Championship victory, the match at Night of Champions where Kane retained and the return of the Undertaker since then. The cameras focus back on the stage where Josh Matthews and Eve Torres are waiting ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
Ladies and Gentlemen, you have voted in your thousands this evening and influenced many matches tonight here at Cyber Sunday.

EVE TORRES
It is now time to find out how you have voted in the final match of the evening.

JOSH MATTHEWS
Kane and the Undertaker are to meet for the World Heavyweight Championship ... but what type of match will it be?

EVE TORRES
Will it be a Buried Alive match?

JOSH MATTHEWS
Will it be a Casket match?

EVE TORRES
Or will it be a Hell in a Cell match?

The cameras focus on the ominous cell hanging above the ring that will be lowered should it be needed tonight ...

JOSH MATTHEWS
Let’s find out then Eve ...

EVE TORRES
OK, Josh. Kane and the Undertaker, which match will it be?

EVE TORRES
Casket Match!

The WWE Universe cheer the decision of a Casket match to determine the World Heavyweight Championship; a match that the Undertaker introduced to the WWE and a match that many people say is his speciality. The lights in the arena flicker out and the cheers of the crowd go up one notch as the gong tolls ...

*** GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY ***

Accompanied by black covered druids, the Undertaker slowly makes his way towards the ring pushing a large wooden casket that will be used in this match. As they approach the ring, the druids position the casket beside the ring and the Undertaker makes his way into the ring where he slowly removes his coat and hat before the cheering crowd.

*** MAN ON FIRE ***

The arena is bathed in red light as Kane makes his way towards the ring with the World Heavyweight Championship wrapped around his waist and a determined look of no fear in his eyes as he rolls into the ring and stands toe to toe with the Undertaker ... the tension is thick as the two behemoths stands face to face; Kane hands the title to the referee but keeps his focus on the Undertaker. Both men continue to stare into each other’s eyes as the lights come back on and the music fades ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
This match is a Casket match and is for the World Heavyweight Championship. To win this match, you must stuff your opponent inside the casket and close the lid. Introducing first, the challenger, from Death Valley, weighing 299 pounds ... THE UNDERTAKER!

There is no change in the expression of the Undertaker as he continues to stare, unblinking, into the eyes of his brother, Kane ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS
And his opponent, weighing 323 pounds ... he is the World Heavyweight Champion ... KANE!

KANE vs. THE UNDERTAKER
(Casket Match: World Heavyweight Championship)

The staredown between the two continues as the bell rings and the Casket match is underway. Kane begins to laugh in the face of the Undertaker but he is stopped short when Taker crosses his hand across his throat and stares with a renewed venom in his eyes. Kane blinks first and swings at the Undertaker who reacts quickly to block and then takes it out on Kane with heavy, right hands raining down on World Champion that sends him stumbling through the ropes backwards where he lands on top of the casket. Kane jumps up quickly and off the casket which belies Kane’s lack of fear shown so far.

Undertaker stalks Kane outside the ring now and catches up to him where he delivers choke thrusts to his brother. Kane tries to respond by driving the Undertaker’s head into the steel steps but it has little effect and Undertaker lifts his head back up immediately and resumes his evil stare to his brother. Kane backs away with Undertaker following him and the pair end up brawling around the ring. Kane is rammed head first into the steel ring post and the steps and he heads into the ring to try and escape from the Undertaker. In the ring, Kane tries to get back in the match with a series of kicks to the Undertaker as he follows him in, but Taker reverses the momentum with fast fists to the stomach and takes Kane down once more. Taker stands and waits for Kane to get to his feet before hitting a big boot to the side of Kane’s face that leaves Kane sat in the corner of the ring with a glazed look in his eyes. Undertaker drags Kane up by the arm and twists it round before backing into the corner and climbing the ropes for ‘Old School’ as the crowd rise to their feet. With Taker backing his way up the ropes, Kane’s arm is twisted round several times and the Deadman begins to walk the top rope showing incredible balance as he does ... however, Kane cuts him off and kicks out at the feet of Taker and he splits the ropes with a leg either side in a move that makes all the males in the arena wince too. Kane recovers for a moment and then runs into the opposite ropes before cannoning a large boot into the head of Taker that sends him off the mat and down to the floor below.

Kane has taken control of the match now and he has a manic smile on his face as he approaches the Undertaker on the floor outside. The World Champion waits for his brother to get to his feet and then grabs him around the throat ... the crowd urge Taker to battle out but there is no chance of Kane letting this one go. He lifts up Taker and choke slams him hard onto the announce table which crumples on impact and Taker slams through it to the ground with the crowd in shock. Kane leaps back and laughs out loud at the sight of his brother and the challenger for his title demolished in the rubble of the announce table and seemingly beaten ... With Taker completely knocked for a loop, Kane drags him up and around the ring with ease yelling to the referees to open the casket lid. Kane rams Taker hard into the side of the casket so that he is bent over the end and then lifts him further inside with just the legs hanging over the edge. It looks as if Kane has Taker where he wants him but suddenly Taker gets to his feet in the casket and begins to fight back with choke thrusts to the delight of the WWE Universe and then manages to escape the casket when he hits Kane with a headbutt. The referees close the casket up and Undertaker stalks after Kane in the aisle before beating him over and over with right hands up against the metal barricades in the aisle way. Kane does a good job of covering up though and responds with right hands of his own as these two beasts slug it out ...

Kane gets the advantage again when he grabs Taker and rams him face first into the ramp when both men are on their knees. Looking round, Kane is calculating his next move carefully and he walks down the ramp and begins to move the casket. He rolls it towards the ramp and it becomes clear that he intends to use it as a weapon here. He lines it up with Undertaker who is starting to stagger to his feet again and waits for him to turn round ... when he does, Kane rolls the casket into him with force and Undertaker is run over by the casket and falls over it to the ground. Kane grabs him by the hair and drags him to the top of the ramp where he powerslams him on the metal stage before heading back for the casket. Once again, he wheels it towards Taker and waits for him to get to his feet before ramming it as hard as he can into the body of Undertaker. With the crowd jeering and showing their displeasure, Kane smiles manically and signals that he has got Taker beaten ... when suddenly, Taker sits up in a way that only Taker can! He stares at Kane who frantically tries to get to the casket again but this time he cannot connect with Taker as he misses and rams into the lighting boards at the top of the ramp instead. Undertaker mounts his comeback as he hits several choke thrusts and then grabs Kane by the throat for a chokeslam on the stage ... however, Kane escapes and begins to back away towards the ring with Taker stalking him again.

Kane rolls into the ring and tries to take advantage as Taker enters the ring. However, Taker is now on a roll and he manages to hit a chokeslam of his own that leaves Kane laid flat on his back on the floor. Taker now twists Kane’s arm and hits the old school move that he tried earlier on before locking in the Hell’s Gate submission move. Kane desperately tries to escape but he cannot and Taker wrenches the hold in to leave Kane fading further and further. Kane does something you don’t often see as he taps out ... but Taker cannot win the match via submission or the World Championship and he keeps the hold locked on ... When he releases it, he signals that the end is near to the delight of the fans and waits for Kane to get up. As Kane staggers to his feet, Undertaker lifts him upside down ready for the Tombstone Piledriver ... he has Kane set and looks round at the crowds before dropping the champion on his head ... Boom! Kane is out cold and Undertaker has the match won ... but then the WWE Universe realise where the casket is. It is still at the top of the ramp and Undertaker will need to retrieve it if he is to stuff Kane inside it ... Taker goes to fetch the casket and he wheels it down the ramp and positions it back at the side of the ring before re-entering the ring to find Kane still flat on his back. Undertaker goes to roll Kane over ... but Kane is playing possum and he grabs Undertaker by the throat now himself ... Another choke slam from Kane and he has the Undertaker in trouble again.

Kane grabs Taker by the hair and drags him up and sets him up for the Tombstone now instead with the WWE Universe urging Taker to break free. However, Kane manages to lift Taker up and the crowd scream and yell at the Deadman to escape ... Boom! Another tombstone and this time Kane has the Undertaker down with the casket in position. Kane yells at the referees to lift the lid and he slowly rolls Taker towards the casket ... he manages to get Taker’s lifeless figure to the ropes where he uses his feet to push Taker closer and closer to the edge ... Eventually, Undertaker drops down into the casket ... Kane almost has the match won now. The WWE Universe make a real din as they try to waken the Undertaker from his slumber to rescue the match. Kane slowly makes his way out of the ring with a smile on his face and goes to close the lid .. he lets it drop from a couple of feet and celebrates ... but he doesn’t realise that one stray hand has kept the casket open by about an inch. Kane is talking smack to the WWE Universe at ringside who realise that Kane has not won the match yet ... they eagerly point this face out to Kane who demands to know why the referee has not rung the bell. They point out Taker’s hand and Kane throws a fit as he sees the challenger’s fingers moving. He lifts the lid in a rage and is met by the standing figure of Undertaker who is not beaten yet!

Undertaker grabs Kane by the throat and stares intensely into his eyes as he drags Kane closer to the casket. Kane shakes his head and grabs Undertaker by the throat as well and the two men try to choke the life out of each other to gain the upper hand. Undertaker pulls Kane further and further over the edge of the casket until Kane loses his balance and topples into the casket at Undertaker’s feet. With both men in the casket now, the tension is high as both men look to secure the World Title. Kane quickly gets to his feet and a slugfest begins in the casket as both men deliver big time right hands to each other that stagger their opponent ... Kane begins to get the upper hand and tries to use the ropes to lift himself out of the casket but Taker drags him back down and both me remain wobbling in the casket. A clash of heads sees both men drop to their knees and they continue to slug it out in the depths of the casket with Kane getting the upper hand ...

All of a sudden, there is a commotion in the aisle as the WWE Universe cheer the arrival of somebody whilst the cameras focus on the battle inside the casket. Suddenly, the lid of the casket begins to close with both men still in the casket. The WWE Universe is shouting – some cheering, some jeering – and as the casket closes, we see Kofi Kingston with a determined look on his face. He closes the lid and locks the bolts quickly with the sound of banging and thumping still inside the casket. Kofi leaps up on top of the casket and signals his ‘Boom! Boom! Boom!’ salute to the Universe who give him a mixed reception for interfering in the main event ...

Confusion sets on the faces of the two referees as the thrashing continues in the casket. Kofi slinks away from the casket and back up the ramp where he came from and the referees continue to discuss what they should do. As they do, Teddy Long heads out to ringside and issues the referees with orders to open the casket and continue the match. The referees immediately fiddle with the locks and open the casket ... as it opens, the maniacal face of Kane appears first and he stands up stomping down on the Undertaker who is down on the base of the casket. Kane jumps out and quickly grabs the lid from the referee and slams it shut before sliding the locks closed ... Kane has won the Casket Match here and retains the World Heavyweight Championship!

WINNER: KANE (16:29)

JUSTIN ROBERTS

Here is your winner and still the World Heavyweight Champion ... KANE!

A stunned WWE Universe watch in dismay as the Big Red Monster staggers up the ramp clutching his World Championship belt and breathing heavily as he has just dodged a bullet ... with, it seems, help from Kofi Kingston!

JIM ROSS
I don’t know what Kofi Kingston was thinking about there but he seems to have handed the victory to Kane tonight!

JERRY LAWLER
Do you think he intended to do that?

MATT STRIKER
Guys, a few weeks ago at No Mercy, the arrival of the Undertaker and his urn, remember? Is this Kofi’s way of reminding the Undertaker that he owed him one?

JIM ROSS
That’s a great point, Matt, was this Kofi Kingston’s revenge for the Undertaker costing him the title back at No Mercy?

JERRY LAWLER
If it was, Kofi may have just made one of the biggest – and stupidest – decisions of his life!

JIM ROSS
Either way, folks, it has been an amazing night here in the WWE where you, the WWE Universe, were in control ... And where Kane managed to retain the World Heavyweight Championship! So long from the Garden ...

The PPV ends with the image of Kane in eerie red light at the top of the ramp with the World Title held up ...

***** END OF SHOW *****

GCB's WWE (v2) RETURNS!
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote