Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#408 ·
Yeah, they do kinda need the Bravados because the undercard has almost completely disappeared. There's nothing wrong with pushing guys who are synonymous with ROH (whether good, bad or otherwise) IMO. It's better than bringing in random outside guys here and there. It's good for continuity.

The Bravados are Charlotte natives too, so it makes sense to promote them for Charlotte shows...

For what it's worth, I think my top three students would be: Rhett Titus, Kyle Durden and Grizzly Redwood. There's been more passable graduates with every generation but it's a bit of a slow trickle.

#414 ·
RING OF HONOR “DOLLAR DAYS” SALE

Ring of Honor “Dollar Days” is now upon us. Select from the items below for tremendous savings on over 40 items. The DVD’s below are priced at only $5 each for all Ring of Honor titles and $2 each for all shoot interviews and FIP titles. The $5 price on Ring of Honor DVD’s is the lowest price we’ve ever offered for complete shows.

- Caged Collision- Chicago Ridge, IL 1/31/09 (DVD)
- Injustice II- Edison, NJ 1/17/09 (DVD)
- Full Circle- Manassas, VA 1/16/09 (DVD)
- Wrestling At the Gateway- Collinsville, IL 12/5/08 (DVD)
- Southern Hostility- Nashville, TN 12/6/08 (DVD)
- Escalation- Dayton, OH 11/21/08 (DVD)
- The French Connection- Montreal, Quebec 11/7/08 (DVD)
- Battle For Supremacy- Dayton, OH 6/27/08 (DVD)
- Respect is Earned II- Philadelphia, PA 6/7/08 (DVD)
- Tag Wars 2008- Detroit, MI 4/18/08 (DVD)
- Race To The Top Night 1- Deer Park, NY 7/27/07 (DVD)
- Domination- Philadelphia, PA 6/9/07 (DVD)
- The Battle For St. Paul 4/27/07 (DVD)
- Fifth Year Festival: Dayton- Dayton, OH 2/23/07 (DVD)
- Throwdown- Detroit, MI 6/23/06 (DVD)
- Unscripted II- Long Island, NY 2/11/06 (DVD)
- Tag Wars 2006- Dayton, OH 1/27/06 (DVD)
- Showdown in Motown- Detroit, MI 11/4/05 (DVD)
- Buffalo Stampede- Buffalo, NY 10/15/05 (DVD)
- Enter The Dragon- Cleveland, OH 10/14/05 (DVD)
- Survival of the Fittest 2005- Dorchester, MA 9/24/05 (DVD)
- Stalemate- Dorchester, MA 4/16/05 (DVD)
- Trios Tournament 2005- Philadelphia, PA 3/5/05 (DVD)
- Back To Basics- Woodbridge, CT 3/12/05 (DVD)
- Unscripted- Philadelphia, PA 9/21/02 (DVD)

- Straight Shootin’ with Skandar Akbar (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Ron Killings (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with The Fantastics (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with The One Man Gang (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Butch Reed (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Mr. Fuji (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Mike Rotunda (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Brad Armstrong (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Marc Mero (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Ken Patera (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Paul Ellering (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Percy Pringle (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Percy Pringle Vol. 2 (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Jim Cornette and Bill Watts (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with The Women of Honor (DVD)
- Straight Shootin’ with Konnan (DVD)
- Secrets of the Ring with All Snow

- Full Impact Pro “Sold Out” St. Petersburg, FL 6/24/05 (DVD)
- Full Impact Pro “Unstoppable” Brookville, FL 5/28/05 (DVD)
- Full Impact Pro ‘In Full Force’ Arcadia, FL 5/27/05 (DVD)
- Full Impact Pro ‘The Usual Suspect’ Brandon, FL 4/22/05 (DVD)

Offer ends on Monday, January 17th at Noon EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. No adjustments to prior purchases or previously placed orders. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohstore.com.

$10 OFF YOUR PURCHASE OF $60 OR MORE

In additional to the “Dollar Days” Sale you will get $10 off all orders when you spend $60 or more on all DVD’s and apparel.

Please note that live event tickets, subscription packages, and gift certificates are not included in this offer. No discount code is needed. If your order qualifies you will automatically save $10 on your order.

NEW DVD RELEASES/PREORDERS

The following titles are now available to order in the ROH Online Store:

Final Battle 2010- New York, NY 12/18/10 (DVD-Preorder)

This title is scheduled to begin shipping in late January!!!

Ring of Honor closed out 2010 in grand fashion with the annual tradition know as “Final Battle”. This event featured the Final Battle at Final Battle as Kevin Steen and El Generico ended their year long feud in an Unsanctioned Fight Without Honor. Roderick Strong went one-on-one with Davey Richards for the ROH World Title. The Kings of Wrestling and Shane Hagadorn faced The Briscoe Family (Jay, Mark, and Papa Mike) in Six Man Tag Team Action. Plus much more!

1. The All Night Express vs. Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole
2. TJ Perkins vs. Colt Cabana
3. Amazing Kong and Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey and Serena Deeb
4. Eddie Edwards vs. Sonjay Dutt
5. Christopher Daniels vs. Homicide
6. The Kings of Wrestling and Shane Hagadorn vs. Jay, Mark, and Mike “Papa” Briscoe
7. ROH World Title Match: Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards
8. Unsanctioned Fight Without Honor: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico

SHIMMER Vol. 34 (DVD-Preorder)

This title is scheduled to begin shipping on January 20th!!!

Features Madison Eagles vs. Ayumi Kurihara for the SHIMMER Title; Ayako Hamada vs. Sara Del Rey vs. Jessie McKay in a Triple Threat Match; Cheerleader Melissa vs. Tomoka Nakagawa; Portia Perez & Nicole Matthews vs. Rachel Summerlyn & Jessica James for the SHIMMER Tag Titles; plus more.

1. Jamilia Craft vs. Kellie Skater
2. Leva Bates vs. Melanie Cruise
3. Nikki Roxx vs. Misaki Ohata
4. Nevaeh vs. Daffney
5. Tenille vs. Athena
6. Allison Danger vs. Veronika Vice
7. SHIMMER Tag Team Title Match: Portia Perez & Nicole Matthews vs. Rachel Summerlyn & Jessica James
8. Cheerleader Melissa vs. Tomoka Nakagawa
9. Triple Threat Match: Ayako Hamada vs. Sara Del Rey vs. Jessie McKay
10. SHIMMER Title Match: Madison Eagles vs. Ayumi Kurihara

Plus Amber Gertner interviews Serena Deeb!

Fate Of An Angel II- Mississauga, Ontario 11/13/10 (DVD)

Roderick Strong makes his first ROH World Title defense against “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels; The Kings of Wrestling defend the World Tag Team Titles against Kevin Steen and Steve Corino; Homicide battles Jay Briscoe in a Grudge Match; The All Night Express vs. Colt Cabana and El Generico in a #1 Contender’s Match; plus more.
1. Bobby Dempsey & Grizzly Redwood vs. The House of Truth (Michael Elgin & Zach Gowen)
2. Trial Series #4: Andy “Right Leg” Ridge vs. Mark Briscoe
3. Sara Del Rey vs. Jamilia Craft
4. World Tag Title Shot On The Line: Colt Cabana and El Generico vs. The All Night Express
5. Kyle O’Reilly & Adam Cole vs. The Bravado Brothers
6. Grudge Match: Homicide vs. Jay Briscoe
7. ROH World Tag Team Title Match: The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino
8. ROH World Title Match: Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels

Pro Wrestling Superstars “Freshman Phenom”- Jacksonville, NC 10/23/10 (DVD-R)

Pro Wrestling Superstars presents “Freshman Phenom” in Jacksonville, NC held 10-23-10
1. Caleb Konley v. Lee Valiant
2. Kevin Michaels v. Donnie Steamboat
3. “Man Scout” Jake Manning & Joey Silvia v. “The Danger Bees” El Generico & Paul London
4. Tommy Dreamer v. Necro Butcher in a hardcore match.
5. Cedric Alexander v. Xsiris
6. Shelton Benjamin v. “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels in their first ever match!
7. Mickie James v. Amber O’Neal

TNA Bound For Glory 2010 (DVD)

1. TNA Tag Team Title Match: The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me
2. TNA Knockouts Title Match: Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne vs. Tara
*Mickie James is the guest referee
3. Ink Inc. vs. Orlando Jordan and Eric Young
4. TNA X-Division Title: Jay Lethal vs. Douglas Williams
5. Monsters Ball Match: Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam
6. Kevin Nash, Sting, and The Pope vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe
7. Lethal Lockdown Match: EV 2.0 (Tommy Dreamer & Rhino & Stevie Richards & Raven & Sabu, managed by Mick Foley) vs. Fortune (Robert Roode & James Storm & Kazarian & Matt Morgan & A.J. Styles with Ric Flair)
8. For The Vacant TNA World Title: Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy
Other than the Tag Wars shows, which I think I'll be getting, are there any other shows in that list worth picking up?

#415 ·
I'd recommend:

- The French Connection- Montreal, Quebec 11/7/08 (DVD)
- Respect is Earned II- Philadelphia, PA 6/7/08 (DVD)
- Tag Wars 2008- Detroit, MI 4/18/08 (DVD)
- Domination- Philadelphia, PA 6/9/07 (DVD)
- Throwdown- Detroit, MI 6/23/06 (DVD)
- Tag Wars 2006- Dayton, OH 1/27/06 (DVD)
- Stalemate- Dorchester, MA 4/16/05 (DVD)

#422 ·
It's one of the first things listed in my media thread.

#424 ·
The Punk/Joe shoot was the first one i ever watched, it had me in stitches.

Ladder War 2 - ok match, the closing moments of the match was awesome.
Steen/Generico DBD - good match, loved the reverse into the package piledriver.

Watched The Best of Austin Aries - Wrestling Machine...

Aries vs. Danny Daniels, Aries' ROH debut (3/13/04) - ok match, Daniels at one point hit the Rubix Cube/Joker Driver and the ref blatantly broke up the cover. A guy in the crowd told the ref not break up the next cover.

Aries vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Nigel McGuinness vs. Rocky Romero (ROH Reborn Stage 2 4/24/04)- good match, Nigel stood out the most in this one.

Aries, Evans & Strong vs. Izzy, Dixie & Angel Dust, (Generation Next 5/22/04) - good match, damn i miss Special K.

Aries, Shelley & Strong vs. Matt Striker, John Walters & Jimmy Rave (World Title Classic 6/12/04) - ok match

Aries & Strong vs. John Walters & Josh Daniels, SOTF Qualifier (Survival of the Fittest 6/24/04)- ok match, sloppy towards to the end.

Aries vs. Bryan Danielson, SOTF Finals (Survival of the Fittest 6/24/04) - good match, started off slow but picked up after a few minutes.

Aries vs. Doug Williams, Pure title match (Death Before Dishonor Part 2: Night 2 7/24/04) - good match, one of the best pure title matches i've seen and a good match to you're interest in seeing one.

Aries vs. Colt Cabana (Scramble Cage Melee 8/28/04) - ok match

Aries vs. CM Punk (Scramble Cage Melee 8/28/04) - ok match

#430 ·
Which DVDs were bought?

#431 ·
I'm going to start collecting all the ROH PPV and IPPV events. They didn't have some of the earlier ones, but i went back as far as I could go.

Repsect is Earned 2007
Undeniable 2007
Take No Prisoners 2008
Respect is Earned 2008
Glory by Honor 7
Rising Above
Caged Collision

#436 ·
I'll give my two cents on all of them.

Respect is Earned 07 - Good introductory PPV
Driven 07 - Must see Danielson vs. Nigel. Out of Print, but worth tracking down.
Man Up - One of the best ROH's shows of all time. Unforgettable Ladder War.
Undeniable - Big event, not the best PPV this year.
Rising Above 07 - Nigel vs Aries, in a must see, almost 5 star match.
Take No prisoners 08 - Again must see main event.
Respect is Earned II - Solid show
New Horizons - I was here live, i thought it was an OK show. Not the best PPV.
Driven II - Rare show. Some matches.
Rising Above 2008 - Best PPV of 2008. Climax of two major fueds in 2008.
Final Battle 2009 - First Ippv - Very good with memorable moments and good matches.
Big Bang - Solid PPV. Fun match event, weak lower card.
Death Before Dishonor 2010- One of the greatest ROH Shows. Must see
Glory By Honor 9 - Epic event, decent wrestling. Awesome show live.
Final Battle 2010 - Another must see show. Two awesome final matches.

So basically there is 3 era's of PPV's 2007, 2008 and the IPPV series. 2007 had excellent build up to the next show, and some epic main events. In 2008 they didn't put as much emphasis on the PPV's and they were putting them in B markets like Detroit, and i think Boston got one as well. Some great matchups, but the only one that really stood out to me with Rising Above. Great booking that year as well with the AOTF/Aries fued, and Danielson chasing the reigning champ Nigel. Good stuff. The IPPV series has been very solid. You easily get your moneys worth, and these are what Live PPV's should be. Shocking events, good/great matches, solid build up. ROH hit on all cylinders with these shows, so picking the PPV's to watch is a great starting point. Not a bad show with any of these. Certainly there are great DVD's too, but starting with the PPV's works imo. Maybe not the most in depth review of each ppv, but i think with this narrative below you get the idea.

#438 ·
I thought Caged Collision was mediocre and Take No Prisoners 09 was just slightly above average. But if you're just getting into ROH, you'll probably like them more than someone as jaded as me.

Of the iPPVs...

FB09 has two great matches before intermission, and then a bunch of disappointments.
The Big Bang has no real great matches in my opinion (some disagree), but was still a fun show to watch apart from one shitty brawl and one massive clusterfuck.
DBD8 has a fantastic main event and two very good semi-mains. The rest of the show ranges from total shit to barely mediocre.
GBH9 has some major pacing issues but is nonetheless a good, watchable show
FB10 is where ROH finally got their shit completely together with the iPPVs. The top two matches are both great, and the opener might be my favorite opener ever.

#451 ·
DBD8 has a fantastic main event and two very good semi-mains. The rest of the show ranges from total shit to barely mediocre.
DBD8 had the best overall "feel" of any iPPV IMO. It had sports-like interviews, with crowd members and wrestlers backstage, which hyped the main events, and a few other cool touches.

It also had a nice bit of booking, that worked most people on here IIRC (not me :p) with that "The Briscoes are stuck at customs" thing. There was another swerve with the Cheech 'n' Cloudy false start too.

It's my favourite iPPV, closely followed by FB10. Not a fan of the other iPPVs tbh, excepting the markworthy re-debuts on a couple of them.

DBD also had ROH's only good DVD cover of the past year IIRC.

#439 ·
I've known of ROH for 5 years or so and when youtube came around, I started seeing the odd match on there and was impressed obviously. Then when it went came on HDNet I really going out of my way to catch the show for about the last year or so and I've purchased the last two ippv's. Now I'm just going back and starting to catch up on all the old shows.

#440 ·
Final Battle 2009 has got the be the biggest mixed bag in the history of ROH.

One on hand, there is an amazing, feud-ending tag match between Steenerico and The Young Bucks and an amazing beginning to one of the best storylines ever. Also, though the weakest Fight Without Honor, Kingston-Hero is a fitting end to their ROH feud with an incredible spot that must be seen. The two huge surprises (Steen's heel turn, the return of KOW) are two of the most exciting moments in ROH history.

On the other hand, there isn't a single other outstanding match. Adam Pearce lost his mind when he booked the main event to go broadway, but he really screwed the pooch when he booked 8 other matches on the undercard. Here is a year-ending show that should have been a wrestling classic, but instead is an overbooked circus show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.