Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#1,156 ·
If you're asking me what I would order right now, based on what I don't have/haven't seen, I would buy:

The Big Bang
Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2
Salvation
Final Battle 2010

If you're asking what I'd recommend to you based on what I have seen:

Manhattan Mayhem
Better Than Our Best
Fifth Year Festival: Finale
Northern Navigation

#1,155 ·
10-29-06 Necro Butcher vs. LuFisto Stranglehold

LuFisto is showing off her belt, which Necro takes from her and hits her in the face with it. Necro chops LuFisto right in the tit. He tosses her around on the outside until she fires back with kicks and punches while screaming quite loudly. LuFisto throws Necro and he does a flip bump on the concrete floor. They exchange more punches on the floor where Necro nails her with a right cross to the jaw, which the announcer asks, “Is this legal?” Inside the ring they go and LuFisto goes to work on Necro. She places light tubes on his head and does a running knee smash to break the tubes in his face. LuFisto throws a bunch of chairs into the ring and Sabu throws at his head. Necro is legit selling the light tubes in the face moments ago. LuFisto goes all Kawada on Necro’s face. She is kicking the shit out of him, and is now carving his lower back with a broken light tube. She rubs blood from Necro’s back on her stomach. LuFisto breaks a light tube on Necro’s stomach, which is obviously legit painful and then busts it further over his head. Necro comes back with a belly slap and then scoop slams her with a chair on her back. Necro sets up two chairs, back to back, and delivers a backbreaker on it. That was truly a painful looking bump – and there is absolutely no way it did not hurt her. Necro sets up the chairs so they are facing each other and they are doing the punch in the face spot. Necro hits LuFisto really hard in the face again and again. Necro puts the light tubes in-between the two chairs and wants a powerbomb, but LuFisto gets out and German suplexes Necro through the light tubes for the victory.

I don’t really know what to say about that “match.” It was like Fonzie/Beulah on steroids with an eight ball of cocaine while driving 165MPH in the wrong lane. LuFisto took some hard punches to the face but still kicked the crap out of Necro. Obviously this is wrestling and women beating men is accepted, but holy shit, Necro’s right crosses on LuFisto were…really screwed up. I’m not going to give this match a rating, not because it was a DUD, but because I don’t know what would be appropriate and what would be considered overrating/underrating it. I can’t recommend this match to everyone, and I’m not even sure what type of fan would really want to see this. But if you are a hardcore Deathmatch fan, this is probably right up your alley.

#1,158 ·
Nice order Shirley. The JC shoot is really good. I'll probably make an order Monday or Tuesday.

Just finished Wrestling Road Diaries w/ the Bonus Disc. The main movie itself is pretty good. Some really cool/funny/interesting stuff. The bonus though is a must. The wrong number prank call and the Mark Briscoe prank calls are hilarious. I cried with laughter during the wrong number one. The bonus disc IMO is better then the main show. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

#1,159 ·
DGUSA United: NYC is up for preorder. The best cover art I've ever seen from the company I must say.

Also, Highspots is doing a pick 4 dvd special this month. For 19.99, you get to choose 4 dvds from their dropbox. They have them separated by company; CZW, PWG, FIP, and then a divas one.

#1,161 · (Edited)
Here's a list of some of my favourite matches (in no particular order): www.wrestlingforum.com/9140647-post54.html

Hamada vs. Nakagawa from V33 is another, that's not on that list.

Most people would recommend that you get V28 or V32. V9 is pretty amazing IMO too. There are a lot of different suggestions in the first three or four pages of the SHIMMER thread though.

Of the newest volumes, 35 is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

#1,167 ·
Salvation

#1,164 ·
wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament Day 1

Kyle O'Reilly vs Marty Scurll vs Axeman vs Karsten Beck
***1/2
Man Marty's muisc is awful but it's soooo fucking brilliant as an entrance for a wrestling match.

Yoshihito Sasaki vs Carnage

Colt Cabana vs Zack Sabre Jr.
***3/4
It was a comedy match of sorts but it had some amazing mat wrestling to go along with the comedy spots and it was probably one of the most fun matches on the Indies in a good few years.

Adam Cole vs Mark Haskins
**1/2
Heel Cole looked even better than I thought. He needs to work heel in promotions that aren't shit. The similarities are Ziggy Sabodka are insane as a bayface in ROH but when he's a douchebag heel it's just uncanny.

Go Shiozaki vs Johnny Moss
**3/4

Big Van Walter vs Rico Bushido
Squash

Davey Richards vs Jon Ryan
***1/4
"HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOW BABY"

Sami Callihan vs Tommy End
***1/2
Sami's ridiculously over with the wXw crowd.

El Generico vs Kotaro Suzuki
***3/4

Daisuke Sekimoto vs Bad Bones - wXw Unified World Championship
***1/2
Sekimoto telling Moss "Tommorow night, I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU" was the best thing ever. Closely followed by "Johnny Moss, I cannot understand english"

Overall:
Really strong start to the tournament. 1st day is always gonna be seemingly weak but there's still loads of really good stuff on this show. Without spoiling it for anyone who's avoiding the results of it, they built to the final incredibly well on this first show. Also the wXw commentator is the best fucking commentator ever. Just loses his shit over so much stuff and the random bits of insanity in english that you pick make up great. "HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOW BABY!"

#1,171 · (Edited)
Dragon Gate USA - Way of the Ronin

1. CIMA vs Chuck Taylor

2. Johnny Gargano vs Drake Younger
**1/2

3. Rich Swann vs Kyle O'Reilly vs Mike Quackenbush vs Silas Young vs Brodie Lee vs Jimmy Jacobs
***1/4

4. Arik Cannon vs Dragon Kid
**1/2

5. Gran Akuma vs Ricochet
*3/4

6. Bryan Danielson vs Jon Moxley
***3/4

7. BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Shingo, YAMATO & Akira Tozawa
****1/2

8. Aeroform vs Zero Gravity

Dragon Gate USA - Freedom Fight 2010 - 30/10/10

1. Arik Cannon vs Jimmy Jacobs
**3/4

2. Akira Tozawa & Jon Moxley vs BxB Hulk & Homicide

3. CIMA vs Shingo Takagi
***3/4

4. Austin Aries, Genki Horiguchi & Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann

5. Masato Yoshino vs YAMATO
***3/4​

#1,172 ·
wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament Day 2

Bad Bones vs Axeman vs Rico Bushido vs Tommy End

Jon Ryan vs Jake Skillet

Colt Cabana vs Marty Scurll
Fuck star ratings this might me my favourite, most enjoyable match ever with the commentary track added to it.

Carnage vs 2-Face

Big Van Walter vs Mark Haskins
***1/2+

El Generico & Emil Sitcoi vs Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly
***1/4

Sami Callihan vs Yoshihito Sasaki

Kotaro Suzuki vs Go Shiozaki

Davey Richards vs Zack Sabre Jr.
****1/2

Daisuke Sekimoto vs Johnny Moss - wXw Unified World Championship
***1/4

Overall:
Another super enjoyable show but this time with two great matches that Day 1 didn't have. Cabana/Scurll was an unhealthy amount of fun. Walter/Haskins was an awesome monster heel vs babyface hero little match. The NOAH match started off meh but got really good by the end. Great showing considering they'd just come off hearing about the news in Japan and Davey/Zack was simply brilliant, easily one of the best Indy matches since Danielson departed.

#1,177 ·
wXw Kreuzzug ZXI

Four Way Freestyle
Chuck Taylor vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Emil Sitoci vs. Brandon Gatson - **
Nothing special, just a bunch of moves. I'd like to see more from Gatson though.

Bad Bones vs. Sami Callihan - **1/2
Total slugfest from start to finish. Kinda reminded me of a Roddy/Davey match but nowhere near as good. Sami's hugely over with the crowd.

Brodie Lee & Big van Walter vs. Johnny Moss & Michael Elgin - ***1/2
Holy shit balls. If there's any Elgin doubters out there, you ned to watch this match. Guy looked like a total stud in this one. From putting both Lee & Walter on his shoulders and Samoan dropping them both to hitting a corkscrew plancha on the outside, he just did it all. Pretty awesome display from 4 powerhouses.

Karsten Beck vs. Necro Butcher - *1/2
Idk who the fuck Karsten Beck is but everyoine wanted him to die.

Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. LDRS of the New School (Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll) - ****1/4
It was really weird to see Cole & O'Reilly be the heels for once and not the underdog team, but god damn did they still impress. This was an excellent tag match and my first time seeing the LDRS. They're equally as impressive and quite the formidable team. Lots of nice tag moves and crazy stiffness throughout. The flash pin to end was totally out of nowhere and with a more livelier crowd, this would be even better.

wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship
Daisuke Sekimoto(c) vs. Chris Hero - ****
A well wrestled and ridiculously stiff match, but it's not for everyone. It went for nearly 30 minutes I'd say and it was a very slow, methodical pace. Sekimoto is an absolute beast and Hero's fighting spirit moments were really awesome as well. Check it out if you don't mind a slower pace.

No Ropes Barbed Wire Deathmatch
Jun Kasai vs. Drake Younger - NR
If you like deathmatches, then I guess you'll like this. I don't really rate deathmatches because idk how that's really possible. Your usual hardcore stuff highlighted by two superplexes off the top of a ladder through a barbed wire board and a crazy dive off the ladder by Jun Kasai.

Overall: 7.25/10
Really everything that I thought would deliver, did. Two ****+ matches makes my $15 well worth it. Oh and at intermission, they showed a match from wXw Ambition. Bryan Danielson vs. Johnny Moss. That was pretty cool as well.

#1,178 ·
wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament Day 3

Sami Callihan vs Davey Richards

Colt Cabana & Emil Sitoci vs Mark Haskins & Kotaro Suzuki
**1/4

Go Shiozaki vs Big Van Walter

Yoshihito Sasaki vs Axeman

Johnny Moss vs Jon Ryan
**1/2

OTC vs The Mind
DUD

Daisuke Sekimoto vs El Generico - wXw Unified World Championship

LDRS Of The New School vs Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly
****1/2+

Sami Callihan vs Big Van Walter
***3/4

Overall:
Day 2 was probably better because it was stronger but the last 3 mathes are really great and the LDRS tag is incredible. Sekimoto/Generico was maybe a little disappointing given who it was but they didn't get loads of time and it was still awesome. The final wasn't the best match you'll ever see but it was built to incredibly well and had a real good story going for it. Overall this is one of the best tournaments I've ever seen. Much improved on the last few 16 Carats and 2 definite MOTYC that they haven't had since Hero vs Danielson.

#1,179 ·
Results from CZW Best of the Best X:
Round One: Zack Sabre Jr. def. Akuma & Jon Gresham
Round One: Adam Cole def. Kyle O'Reilly & Johnny Gargano
Round One: Daisuke Sekimoto def. Chuck Taylor & Brandon Gatson
Round One: Sami Callihan def. AR Fox & Jake Crist

Devon Moore & CZW Tag Champs The Briscoes def. CZW Champ Robert Anthony & Philly's Most Wanted. Moore crowned new CZW Champion

Semi-Finals: Adam Cole def. Zack Sabre Jr.
Semi-Finals: Sami Callihan def. Daisuke Sekimoto

Danny Havoc def. CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion Jun Kasai in some kind of glass panes and barbed wire match to become the new champion,

Finals: Adam Cole def. Sami Callihan
Callihan over Sekimoto? Jesus. Thankfully Cole won it all. Whole show was said to be really good.

#1,185 ·
Callihan over Sekimoto? Jesus. Thankfully Cole won it all. Whole show was said to be really good.
Callihan is looking like the next champ after whatever happens to Moore/Ego so that was expected. Glad Cole won, his heel act has been the best thing about CZW for awhile. Only saw the semis/final and Kasai/Havoc but it seemed like one of the better shows CZW has put out in awhile, long rambling DJ Hyde promo at the end and the finals finish aside.

Wait Devon Moore is new CZW champ... Fuck thats awful.
Better that then Sabian winning the tag straps again. I think Ego may win it back tonight but Hyde booked himself in a corner when he did Briscoes/Moore vs. PMW/Ego with all the titles on the line.

#1,181 · (Edited)
Wait Devon Moore is new CZW champ... Fuck thats awful.

Dragon Gate USA - United NYC

1. Akira Tozawa vs Sami Callihan
**1/2

2. Jigsaw vs Jon Moxley

3. Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
BxB Hulk vs YAMATO

4. Brodie Lee vs Jimmy Jacobs
**1/4

5. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano vs Naruki Doi & Ricochet
***3/4

6. Austin Aries vs Rich Swann
**3/4

7. CIMA & Dragon Kid vs Masato Yoshino & PAC
***3/4

Dragon Gate USA - United Philly

1. Brodie Lee vs YAMATO
**1/2

2. Jimmy Jacobs vs Rich Swann
**3/4

3. AR Fox vs Cheech vs Frightmare vs Jigsaw vs Rexx Reed vs Sami Callihan

4. Akira Tozawa vs Austin Aries
***1/2

5. No DQ Match
BxB Hulk vs Jon Moxley
*3/4

6. CIMA & Dragon Kid vs Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
***3/4

7. Masato Yoshino & PAC vs Naruki Doi & Ricochet
****1/4​

#1,183 ·
IPW Showdown In Naptown

Dustin Rayz vs Rich Swann
***1/4+

Dave Davidson vs Tony Kozina
**1/2

Chuck Taylor vs Jeremy Hadley
**1/2

Scotty Vortekz vs Simon Sezz

Colt Cabana vs Jesse Emmerson
**1/4

Kyle O'Reilly vs Sami Callihan
**3/4

Ricochet vs AR Fox - IPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship
***1/4

Jon Moxley vs Jimmy Jacobs - Dog Collar Match - IPW World Heavyweight Championship
***3/4

American Wolves vs Irish Airbourne
***3/4

Overall:
Great show for a smaller Indy. The Rayz/Swann opener was a fantastic little sub 10 minute match bar the iffy finish and both the main events delivered. Not every IPW show has cards this strong but this is certainly a show worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.