Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Be the Booker Showcase Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #33 (permalink)
Shock
Moron

Shock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselvesShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Be the Booker Showcase Thread

Wrote this promo for a project that never came to fruition, it's still lying around so I might as well post it in here...

***BURN IN MY LIGHT***

The Carver Arena then becomes filled with boos as Randy Orton walks out, not looking particularly happy. Orton, wearing a long-sleeved black collared shirt and black pants, poses on the stage as golden pyro rain falls from the ceiling before walking down the ramp. Randy climbs onto the ring apron and steps into the ring, calling for a microphone which he receives.

Tony Chimel: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... "THE LEGEND KILLER"... RANDY ORTON!!

Michael Cole: Randy Orton was one of the three men in the Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship last Sunday at WrestleMania, and was pinned by Rey Mysterio. It's not hard to see that Orton is in a pretty foul mood tonight because of that loss five days ago.

Tazz: Well, ya' win some, ya' lose some. Orton may have lost last Sunday, but it's far from the end for "The Legend Killer", Cole.

Orton stands in the middle of the ring with the microphone and waits for the boos to quieten down, before talking.

Randy Orton: I know that you were all expecting your hero Rey Mysterio...

Big pop at the mention of Mysterio.

Randy Orton: ... to come out at the start of the show and talk about... (Scowls) his victory at WrestleMania last Sunday...

More cheers from the crowd.

Randy Orton: But sadly for all of you, that is NOT going to happen.

Randy smirks, as the crowd boo.

Randy Orton: If Rey deserved to win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, then believe me, I would gladly step aside and let him celebrate... but the fact is, Rey, you DIDN'T deserve to win!

More heat for TLK.

Randy Orton: You know you didn't, Rey, hell, you shouldn't have even been in the match! I beat you at No Way Out, you lost your title shot but then you went and took your sob-story to Teddy Long, and being the unfair man that he is, he put you in the match and then you STOLE the World Heavyweight Championship from its rightful owner... me.

Orton shakes his head, still seething.

Randy Orton: And Kurt Angle...

Cheers at the mention of Angle.

Randy Orton: Kurt, I think- wait, no, I know that you feel the same way as me. You might not wanna admit it, because you and I have never seen eye-to-eye or you care too much about these people, or both, but I know you do. Kurt, Teddy Long isn't the only problem here... these people, that you strive to make happy each and every week, they're the problem too.

Orton looks at the crowd in shame, before continuing.

Randy Orton: They cheer for Rey every week, just like they cheer for you, Kurt, they bought into it just like Teddy Long did. Rey's too stupid to know any better...

Randy is cut off by boos from the crowd.

Randy Orton: Hey, SHUT THE HELL UP!!

That only makes matters worse, as Orton gets even more heat.

Randy Orton: Rey's too stupid to know any better, Kurt, he's going to be the puppet on the people's strings for the rest of his career, but I know that you do. So Kurt... I want you to come down to this ring so you can listen to what I have to say to you.

Orton waits for a few moments, until "Gold Medal" hits to a big pop from the crowd and KURT ANGLE walks through the curtain. Dressed in his ring gear, Angle walks down the ramp, not bothering to pose on the stage, and steps into the ring. Kurt takes a microphone, before coming face-to-face with a smirking Orton.

Randy Orton: Now, Kurt... before you do anything, I just want you to hear me out.

Kurt Angle: I'm listening.

Randy slowly nods his head.

Randy Orton: Good to see that we're... on the same page. (Smirks) Kurt, I remember a time when you were just like me. You were young... talented... and you were only in it for yourself. You are still talented... but you're not in it for yourself anymore. And being the reasonable man that I am, I wanted to tell you that you're not gonna survive if you're not in it for yourself.

Kurt Angle: Well Randy, being the reasonable man that I am... I wanna tell you that you're full of crap.

Huge pop from the crowd, and Orton's eyes suddenly light up.

Kurt Angle: Y'see, I'm the best professional wrestler in the world, there's no doubt about it.

More cheers for Angle.

Kurt Angle: I don't need to cheat like you to win matches, because like I said, I'm the best. I don't have to make a choice between success and entertaining these people, I can have my cake and eat it too.

Randy looks around the ring, not listening to Kurt.

Kurt Angle: Hey! You look at me when I'm talking to you.

Orton reluctantly makes eye contact with Angle, who then continues to speak.

Kurt Angle: I'm not gonna lie, Randy. Am I pissed off that I'm not the World Heavyweight Champion? You bet your ass I am. But the fact is, Rey Mysterio deserved to be in the match, and he deserves to have that title.

Cheers from the crowd.

Kurt Angle: Rey lasted sixty minutes in the Royal Rumble match, he outlasted twenty-nine other guys... but what did you do? You screwed him at No Way Out, Randy. Because you know that you can't beat Rey Mysterio fair and square.

Orton laughs at Angle, not even bothering to respond, as Kurt moves one step closer to him and they come nose-to-nose.

Kurt Angle: And you and I both know... that you can't beat me either.

Big pop from the crowd, and Randy takes a step back from Kurt.

Randy Orton: Kurt... it doesn't have to be like this. We are the two best wrestlers on SmackDown!, and if we... formed an alliance... (Smiles) then we could make sure that Rey Mysterio never... ever... steps into the ring with guys like us again.

Angle nods his head, which pleases Orton.

Randy Orton: Sounds good, doesn't it?

Kurt looks around, before he grins in response.

Randy Orton: See, this is how it should be. Together, Kurt, we could take over the whole of SmackDown! let alone destroy Rey Mysterio... we would be unstoppable.

The crowd boo Orton, but it doesn't take the smirk off his face.

Randy Orton: So...

Randy extends his hand to Angle, getting more heat.

Randy Orton: ... will you join me?

Kurt looks around the Allstate Arena for several moments, before looking at Orton... AND SHAKING HIS HAND!!

Michael Cole: NO!! KURT ANGLE IS SHAKING HANDS WITH RANDY ORTON!! DAMNIT!!

With the Arena filled with boos, Angle and Orton, both smirking, then raise each other's hands in the air, but then...

ANGLE SLAM!! ANGLE SLAM TO ORTON!!

The crowd suddenly go nuts and Angle raises his hands in the air, shouting "YEAH!" Kurt then looks down at Orton and laughs to himself, shaking his head before leaving the ring as "Gold Medal" blares out again. Angle walks up the ramp and stops on the stage, posing for the crowd again before walking behind the curtain.

Tazz: Well, thank God for that!

Michael Cole: ANGLE TRICKED ORTON!! HE FOOLED HIM!!

Tazz: Alright, Cole, settle down! Jeez.

Michael Cole: I can't help it, Tazz! Randy Orton got what was coming to him! Kurt Angle played him like the fool that he is with that Angle Slam! Genius!

In the ring, Orton slowly gets to his feet holding the back of his neck. He looks around at the crowd who are laughing at him and Randy shouts "SHUT UP! EVERYBODY, SHUT UP!" before leaving the ring with his tail in between his legs as we go to a commercial break.

BTW, I've made a slight alteration to the gist of this thread. From now on, if you want to post some of your old work from BTBs you've had in the past that you perhaps want to share with bookers that weren't around when it was originally posted, then it is welcome in here.
Shock is offline   Reply With Quote