Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#879 ·
I'll tell you what, let's do an Offical Shows Thread and totally fuck over the whole reason why there are threads in the first place. Half the fun of remembering back on great shows, be they TV or PPV, or great threads in general is being able to visit them to see for yourself and in some situations, read it all in order.

Seems like a way for TIP to basically say "Hey, look at me, I'm doing something special so I can be seen to be contributing when it's actually needless."

#882 ·
Seems like a way for TIP to basically say "Hey, look at me, I'm doing something special so I can be seen to be contributing when it's actually needless."
At least he is trying to contribute....

I personally like it. Now the random question of "who can point me to a good Royal Rumble match or who can point me to a good Money in the Bank match" doesn't always come up ala me asking people plenty of times.

#885 ·
Alright well talked to BkB the other day and well it's that time of the year....

I'm going to take the Hall of Fame reigns back this year and try to run with it again for the forseeable future. Last year was a rough year for me with my senior year, baseball going on at this time, and work. So I've had a bit more extra time on my hands recently and just wanted to come in here and announce that I'm going to be talking to some BTB Hall of Famers hopefully soon and we're going to talk about this year's Hall of Fame and what needs to be changed/added, etc. If you have any ideas feel free to put them in here and perhaps we may discuss/add them if needed.

Thanks and oh...

I need all BTB Hall of Famers to send me there MSN addresses via PM. If you know I have yours (such as Reney, Legend, etc.) then do not worry about it. If you can't PM me just shoot me a request to: believedahype@hotmail.com

#893 ·
Okay, an actual booking question here -

How do you guys go about after writing a show you know was sub-par? I mean a show, with or without feedback, that you KNOW was off? I think the real question is what is your mindset after knowing you let out a show that wasn't as good as you could've made it? As a person, I dwell on things (FAR too much), but as a booker, I know that can't be the right mindset.

Any help? :$

#894 ·
Okay, an actual booking question here -
:eek:

How do you guys go about after writing a show you know was sub-par? I mean a show, with or without feedback, that you KNOW was off? I think the real question is what is your mindset after knowing you let out a show that wasn't as good as you could've made it? As a person, I dwell on things (FAR too much), but as a booker, I know that can't be the right mindset.

Any help? :$
I'd accompany the show with a disclaimer of sorts saying that 'this is far from my best work' or something to that affect. If I knew that it was particularly poor then I would work on it until it was as desired. There's not much else to do other than edit it or carry on and work on the next show.

#912 ·
You of all people know I don't take shit seriously, and don't mind being the person joked about. With that being said, Stoj jokes were funny in the beginning, now that they've become some what of a trend I till don't mind them, but think they're kind of stale.

#905 ·
Sorry to barge in here (I was trying to find an FAQ or something but couldn't. Maybe I'm just blind or something) but I wanted to ask some seasoned BTB guys a quick question.

I want to do a BTB myself at some point but after looking at some of the efforts from other members (which 99% all look great), there's a load of writing involved. Has there ever been anyone whose done well with a BTB which had less writing in it? I'd be afraid my efforts would look to poor as I know I couldn't do the long shows I see people do each week or even more often. This was the downfall when I tried to do my own BTB ages ago.

Thanks guys

#914 ·
Hey, as you can tell i'm new to this forum but I'm not new to the overall concept of "be the booker." That being said, obviously on different forums they have different rules etc. and I was just here to ask a question;

If I were to start a 2005 thread, like I was planning, and I were to take out Chris Benoit, would I need to explain why i'm not including him or make up a kayfabe story about his release, or something? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.