Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#311 · (Edited)
This may sound strange but I think people like DC should go in, now don't get me wrong or think this is spitting in the face of people who book consistantly unlike him but they have helped the site in other places not just posting a show, he is a legend around here. I think guys like him should be achnowleged for other parts of the section and their constant contribution/ hopefuly someone understands what I mean and agrees.

#312 ·
Personally I'd love to see DC in the HOF, I have such respect for that guy; He tells it the way he see's it and he doesn't sugar coat anything. If he thinks you suck, he says so.

Some people just don't have the heart to be harsh and brutally honest when they need to be, DC has no problem what so ever doing that and that can be extremely beneficial to new bookers and even some established ones.

Plus he's a damn fine booker as Le Chronicles and his sadly short lived ROH BTB prove.

#318 ·
I agree. I think if you've written this far in full, you might as well finish off the hype with a killer send-off show before the PPV. Obviously however, if you feel you're gonna get demotivated by writing out the last week of shows, then just recap them and get on to the good stuff. I actually had the same problem - after moving really slowly towards the Rumble, I really wanted to hit the PPV already, so I just powered through my last three shows in the final week and got to posting the preview. Use the PPV as motivation to write the last couple of shows really well.

Though once again, I'll agree with X-Power and say, if the recaps are good enough, we'll get what you're going for anyway. Personally, I'd want it in full. If you can't be bothered, recap it. Simple. ;)

#320 ·
Sharapova's nothing. Don't see the fuss. Even the grunt does nothing for me.

Kirlienko all the way! Then there's Ivanovic & Wozniacki too. I'd take Sharapova over the Williams brothers though.

The Australian Open doesn't make any difference to BTB. Just take the time you need to make the show the best you can. Don't rush the show up for the sake of it! Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!

#323 ·
Well, you might want to take that picture out now (even if it is good to look at) because Ivanovic got eliminated first round. Safina's loss was just lolzworthy.

Anyway, I agree with Nige and Melvis, take your time and put the show together, work the PPV at the same time.

#325 ·
I'm probably too new to answer that properly in terms of BTB. However, I did like when Kennedy assaulted Flair at the Rumble in iMac's thread. The only thing is Kennedy, despite getting some pops, was somewhere between a tweener and a heel beforehand.

In terms of actual wrestling, and to flip it slightly I loved the period when the Rock was gradually becoming a face. He was in the 'corporation' at the time but the fans were really starting to cheer for him vehemently.

#330 · (Edited)
^^^The only real answer to that question is pretty much anybody as long as you book them right, although more believebly it would be someone/anyone with an imposing presence (having Funaki coming back and dominating is kinda stretchin' it.). Big Show back in '08 comes to mind.

...or were you looking more along the lines of former muscle-clad jobbers/lower midcarders (Henry, A-Train, Snitsky, etc.)?

Masters ain't a bad choice though.

#333 ·
Out of curiosity and for future reference. How many years do you think Undertaker has left in him. I know he's not able to wrestle a full year anymore, but say he came back just for the Road To Wrestlemania to defend his streak, how many more years do you think he could do that... including this year?

#336 ·
Alright guys thanks, that's what I assumed it'd be. Also, second query, what is the best Royal Rumble MATCH ever written in the BTB section. I'm really looking to get inspired for my own so seeing the do's of a royal rumble match would be pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.