Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#134 ·
if ant one cares the results from cage of death thus far are: just a side note the attendance is said to be 1500 another note is rob naylor commentated on a couple matches

1six way qualifying match for best of best akuma beat gresham, colon ruckus mcbride and swann
Then greg excellent came out and piledrove his mother
2 robert anthony beat sami callihan for a number one contendership for the czw championship
3 adam cole beat ar fox to retain his championship,
4 tyler veritas came out and took his title oppurtunity on cole, but lost
5 then phillys most wanted beat the orsian portal for the czw tag team titles with a hilarious part in the match, and the briscoes returned and challenged them next month
6 jon moxley beat homicide for the czw title, and brodie lee returned and booted moxley in the face
7 Miyamoto beat gage for the ultraviolent title, with the hightlights of the match being cage throwing miyamoto off the balcony,and miyamoto hittinh a moonsault on cage on a 20 foot ladder

#135 · (Edited)
Death Before Dishonor VIII 06/19/2010 (8.5/10)

El Generico vs. Kevin Steen ***1/2
Both should have shown a little more intensity and hatred. Generico looked to the crowd for too much attention, but this actually doesn't bother me too much since he ended up losing, and also adopted the darker Generico gimmick that doesn't even acknowledge the crowd.

The All Night Express vs. Up in Smoke **3/4

Austin Aries vs. Delirious **1/2

2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet
Eddie Edwards vs. Colt Cabana vs. Roderick Strong vs. Shawn Daivari vs. Steve Corino vs. Tyson Dux **3/4

Pick 6 Challenge Match
Christohper Daniels vs. Kenny Omega ****

World Tag Team No Disqualification Title Match
Kings of Wrestling vs. the Briscoe Brothers ****
I certainly felt the hate in this one.

ROH World Title Match
Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards ****1/4-****1/2
Match was on the way to Best Match of the Year.. and then Shane fucking shows up. The match kind of loses its edge after this, and I felt as if everything just slows down a little from here. They kind of bring it back near the end, but I didn't like how Tyler just picks up Davey and finishes him off. What the point in taking down his knee pad if he didn't use his knee? Anyway, still REALLY fucking good, although I feel we were cheated of something that could have been a little more. Gonna need a re-watch to really grasp everything in this match.

Really enjoyed how both men couldn't believe they were still fighting, and Tyler did a fantastic job of making it seem like there was nothing he could do to keep put Davey away. And even though I didn't like Shane showing up, I did like his demeanor, it was like he had just gone threw hell with the Briscoe brothers and wanted to leash out on the closest enemy at the time.

Best ROH show of the year I'd say. A touch better than Supercard of Honor.​

#137 ·
Yeah, it's annoying when you're actively trying to financially support the company and then you end up feeling ripped off.

If any other business sent me a damaged package, or took two weeks to deliver, I wouldn't buy from them again.
Honestly, I've had so many bad experiences with them on a sales level and on a customer service level, that even though I still like the wrestling i will never support them financially with the exception of iPPVs. At least for awhile.

#138 ·
ROH - Tag Wars 2010

1. Bonus Match
Delirious vs Sonjay Dutt

2. Bonus Match
Nigel McGuiness vs Aaron Scott
*1/2

3. Bonus Match
The American Wolves vs Up In Smoke
*3/4

4. El Generico vs Erick Stevens
**3/4

5. Bobby Dempsey vs Steve Corino
*1/2

6. Grizzly Redwood vs Necro Butcher
*1/4

7. Colt Cabana vs Eddie Edwards
**3/4

8. The Bravado Brothers & Cedric Alexander vs Caleb Konley, Jake Manning & Marker Dillinger

9. Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong
***1/4-***1/2

10. ROH World Tag Team Title Ultimate Endurance Match
The Kings of Wrestling vs The Dark City Fight Club vs Rhett Titus & Kenny King vs The Briscoe Brothers
***1/4

11. Davey Richards vs Tyler Black
****1/4​

#140 ·
Christmas is less than 2 weeks away. There is still time to place your order at ROHWrestling.com and get it in time for the holiday season. This week you can save 20% Off Your Order on almost all items listed in the ROH Online Store. Details are below.

To get 20% Off Your Order just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohstore.com
2) Enter the coupon code: holiday into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going thru the checkout process. You must then hit the “apply” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

**Tickets for the following events are NOT included in this sale and can’t be discounted: “Final Battle 2010″ New York, NY 12/18/10, Atlanta, GA on 4/1/10 and 4/2/10, and Los Angeles, CA 1/28/11.
*** DVD Subscription Packages and Gift Certificates can NOT discounted.

Offer ends on Thursday, December 16th at Noon EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. No adjustments to prior purchases or previously placed orders. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohstore.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

#145 · (Edited)
Smart Mark have a spend $60 and get 20% off sale.

Picked up
Chikara - Scornucopia
Chikara - The Germans
CZW - TOD vs Gorefest
CZW - Night of Infamy 9

PWG - Battle of Los Angeles 2010 - Night 1

1. Matt Jackson vs Nick Jackson
N/A

2. The Young Bucks vs The Cutler Brothers
***1/4

3. Brandon Gatson vs Ryan Taylor
**3/4

4. Chuck Taylor vs Joey Ryan

5. Paul London vs Roderick Strong
**1/2

6. Claudio Castagnoli vs Ricochet
***3/4

7. Austin Aries vs Rocky Romero

8. Brandon Bonham vs Brian Cage
**3/4

9. El Generico vs Akira Tozawa
***1/4

10. Christopher Daniels vs Chris Hero
***1/2

PWG - Battle of Los Angeles 2010 - Night 2

1. Austin Aries vs Joey Ryan
***1/4

2. Claudio Castagnoli vs Roderick Strong
***1/4

3. Brandon Bonham vs Brandon Gatson

4. Akira Tozawa vs Chris Hero
****1/4

5. Claudio Castagnoli vs Joey Ryan

6. Brandon Gatson vs Chris Hero
**3/4

7. Johnny Goodtime, Ricochet & Rocky Romero vs Brian Cage, Chuck Taylor & Ryan Taylor
***1/2

8. PWG World Tag Team Title Match
El Generico & Paul London vs The Cutler Brothers

9. BOLA 2010 Final Match
Joey Ryan vs Chris Hero
***​

#151 ·
You mean THE Kevin Gill?! JCW's Kevin Gill?

Probably not a good sign when you're shilling and you tell who's on commentary instead of who's wrestling on the show.

#154 ·
Speaking of CZW, Cage of Death was fun as shit and by far the better show of the doubleheader this past Saturday, even though the JAPW show did have some really good stuff on it. I guess I caught the company on a good night wrestling-wise (I don't really follow them), as a lot of people who went are saying it was one of the best shows they've had in a long time. If anyone's interested, I've posted some pictures here.

I read elsewhere that Jun Kasai is scheduled for a non-tournament match at Best of the Best in April, and if that's made official, I don't see how I can turn down the opportunity to see the Crazy Monkey live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.