Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #108 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
fredcatcheur
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomenalone View Post
Assuming that it's true I don't think in all honesty it is a huge loss for Shimmer. Obviously Kong is very talented but her sheer size does affect how they can realistically book her you just can't put many people over Kong and seeing as they don't seem to want to put the title on her you can end up with non-finishes to protect her (see the title match with Del Rey and the tag title match with Del Rey vs Neveah and Ashley Lane).
Agreed. And incidentally, that's also the reason why i wasn't too bothered when she left TNA : there's only so much you can do with such a monster heel before becoming redundant. And with Kong holding the KO championship twice, and the tag championship once, there wasn't much left for her to accomplish in TNA anyway.

In Shimmer, Pazak already tries to book as many wrestlers as possible each volume, without involving the big stars in the title scene, hence the Shimmer girls vs joshi series of matches. With Kong gone, it's one less match to book on the card.

As far as Taylor goes... meh. Bringing her in right now would do nothing but overcrowd the show a bit more (though i don't know if the joshi girls will still be there at the next tapings), without too much upside.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome