Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#240 ·
I didn't read all of that, but I'll tell you what you need to hear. You're going to get different answers from people. Some will say recaps suck and you should stockpile full shows, whereas others will say that recaps are acceptable. Some will think 20-30 sentences is something you could do, others will prefer you to write them in full, or not at all. None of it matters.

What matters is what you want to write. People can and probably will reply and give you their opinions, but at the end of the day, you're the writer. You're the one who is going to have to make the decision, so to be honest, getting opinions may not entirely help you, but only confuse you even more. Just book or write however you feel. Stop debating it, or you'll never get anywhere. Just make a decision. I should know.

What if the decision is wrong? Change your mind. Do it another way. Don't become dependent on what others think. What you want or feel you need to do comes first.

See? I can contribute in here without insulting someone. :side:

#309 ·
As much as I like Nige and think he's a good bloke, I just don't think he's at the level yet. He may have been posting consistently, yeah, but you can't honestly tell me he's at the level of HoFers who have been inducted for booking in the current time. BTB has progressively gotten better, and for the time that Nige has booked in, he hasn't really been on the top level, which, imo, means he shouldn't be going in. At least not this year. In a year or so, it may be different, because he may continue to imoprove and become one of the top dogs. But right now he's behind the likes of Legend and Wolfy who are still the top dogs around here when it comes to a WWE thread, and if you're inducting someone who hasn't been the best at the time that they've been booking, then you're lowering the standard of the HoF. You can't go in for posting consistently over an extended period of time. Quality > quantity every day of the week.

Para, on the other hand, has the greatest created fed I think there's been on this site. No disrespect to Reney (if he even visits this thread anymore anyway :() or BoogeyMan, but Para has set the standard for created feds. That means he deserves to go in imo.

#310 ·
Oh EPW is without a doubt the bomb, WIWA is 3rd, Alco's GWE was better too. It's a shame the merger with No-DQ destroyed my WIWA thread so, the wipe of 6 months worth of my best work was very annoying.

On the subject of the HoF I personally don't think anyone this year. Para, NatureBoy would be my picks but I don't know how the other HoF'ers would feel on that.

Nige splits alot of opnion on here. He did his bit for the section as mod but as a booker I just personally don't rate him, and me and him have had words about this in the past. I'm not alone in that respect too. I think you have to be at a certain level and I don't think he's hit it yet, he's been consistently steady but never gone above that.

#358 ·
I don't know if you folks are kidding or whatnot, but being the booker is something we should do for ourselves, but you guys won't read a guys work because he pushed someone you don't like? How about BTB-ing so you can rebuild someone's character and reputation and whatever. What's the point of btb-ing if you're just going to do what the WWE or TNA are doing? Sounds like a complete waste of time if your shows are going to be extremely similar to the WWE's shows.

#504 ·
It wasn't working much over the weekend, but I think it's fine now. I'm relatively new to the whole renders/Photoshop/BTB Graphics shit, but http://wcfrenders.com/ is a nice back-up place. It doesn't have nearly the selection, but it has some, depending on what you're looking for.

#525 ·
""It's like Wolf Beast, DDMac, Szumi and Legend had a foursome, and somehow a kid was made out of all of them. That kid was Emperor DC." - BkB Hulk

"I think I'm gay for him." - Renegade™

"No one cares what I think." - Stoj

"He reminds me of a very, very, very much younger me. Like 100 years younger. I'm old." - Wolf Beast

The critics are raving. DC is finally booking. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.