Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #84 (permalink)
Thumbinthebum
Thinks Batista is a talentless ....

Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000Thumbinthebum 8501 - 9000
Default Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Crabtree View Post
I don't mind short, sharp matches (in wrestling in general) as long as they're done well. Seven to ten minutes of crisp action can often be more entertaining than a long-winded slog.

There are, probably, too many matches on the average SHIMMER DVD though. I'm not sure whether the Volumes are deliberately designed to be dipped in and out of, rather than to be watched from start to finish.
I think the short matches are something we just have to accept due to the way Shimmer operates. Shooting several volumes together rather eliminates the possiblity of hour long matches if the women are going to apear on more than one dvd. Also, because of the gap between tapings, it's impossible to know who will be available next time. The danger is that if just 3 of the top women were missing (let's say Del Rey, Melissa and MsChif) the whole card is fucked. By compromising on match length in order to squeeze a few more in they can at least ensure that, in the event of injury to top stars, they have some women who've been seen on previous volumes rather than using complete outsiders.

Bryan Danielson
Thumbinthebum is offline   Reply With Quote