Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy Womens Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #73 (permalink)
fredcatcheur
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

fredcatcheur is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Thing is, i've got no problems with short 5/7 min matches, as long as they give me some reason to get really involved. Whether they're only part of a feud, building up to something bigger later, or they're going at a frantic pace due to storyline reasons (a grudge match, a squash), or to make some room on the card for a longer main event, i'm okay with it.

But when it's a one-off match, without any build-up or follow-up, or any kind of great/memorable action, it invariably leaves me unsatisfied. And with its 11-12 matches per dvd, Shimmer has had quite a lot of those, on recent volumes.

Now, I don't really know why Prazak went from 8-9 matches per card to 11-12. Probably to help all the sparkle girls get some ring time and exposure, and give matches to all the puro wrestlers. Which is good in theory, but kinda weighs down the show in practice.

And I feel the company is in a state of flux : on one hand, they're trying to build up the next generation of Shimmer wrestlers, on the other, they're still trying to fit as much Shimmer veterans (Melissa, Kong, SDR, Danger, Ariel, Nikki, Mercedes, MsChif) on the card as possible, and on top of that, there's the puro girls, and the occasional returning wrestler (Serena, Sarah Stock). It makes for a very crowded roster, and kinda lacks direction. But hopefully it'll get better.

Last edited by fredcatcheur : 12-23-2010 at 07:32 AM.
fredcatcheur is offline   Reply With Quote